Newbie 2087 | Celebrating Betty White | End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Fair enough, seems like the consensus is increasingly swinging toward me.

Won't be up much later so perhaps mounting a final defence here, probably primarily to Somnus who seems fairly split down the middle.

I made some similar claims and had some similar viewpoints to Korina to a degree that wouldn't have been particularly sensible for two players in the same team.

When it became clear Korina was increasingly on the way out I could've jumped on said bandwagon to boost my own standing with the townies but I didn't...and of course nor did I attempt to mount a defence for them either.

Progo is suspicious for reasons everyone is well-aware of by now, so no need to elaborate on that one. Could (again) just be erratic townie behaviour but likewise not to be lightly ignored at this point in the game.

Cape makes the most sense to me but I'd be happy to wait until the next turn before making a decisive call if Progo still ends up being consensus. He briefly prodded Korina upon entry to create distance between them but never particularly followed it up. Went quite heavily on CSF right away after joining the game before CSF was later drawn into being forced to reveal their role as a mason.

Also had a flurry of activity and lots of rational posts/analysis early on after entering the game to try and get rid of a lot of the suspicion which had been heaped on SM, but been a bit quieter at times since then, perhaps since this turn had been going in a direction which largely suited him.

Likewise I stil don't reckon both mafia were on day one bandwagon for Andante before Cape joined, but aware that is something which could equally apply to myself.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Ah wait, shit, just seen, that's us hit the three votes. Ah well, pleasure playing guys.
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Ahri »

xD
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Ahri »

Somnus vote Progo tmro btw if this somehow doesn't flip scum

which it should

I highly doubt Cape is mafia
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by Ahri »

oh also Cape

I highly doubt Somnus is mafia

his fencesitting is stupid
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 1301, MalcolmTucker wrote:Ah wait, shit, just seen, that's us hit the three votes. Ah well, pleasure playing guys.
r u town malcolm

if u are i'll give legacy
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1303, Ahri wrote:Somnus vote Progo tmro btw if this somehow doesn't flip scum

which it should

In post 1304, Ahri wrote:oh also Cape

Now I"m suspicious of Ahri again. She TRs both Somnus and Cape, but at first only tries to coach Somnus. Later, she realize her mistake and addresses Cape as well. Do you pretend to kill Cape tonight?
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 1306, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 1303, Ahri wrote:Somnus vote Progo tmro btw if this somehow doesn't flip scum

which it should

Now I"m suspicious of Ahri again. She TRs both Somnus and Cape, but at first only tries to coach Somnus. Later, she realize her mistake and addresses Cape as well. Do you pretend to kill Cape tonight?
"tonight"

someone knows Malcolm's role apparently

nw I'll kill Cape tn for u bb <3
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 3-6

Fun trivia! Betty White had the opportunity to mix her two main types of TV appearances when part of the Mama's Family cast appeared in costume and in character on the Family Feud game show.

MalcolmTucker
(3): Ahri, Cape90, ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
(2): Somnus, MalcolmTucker

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: February 8, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-02-08 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

An Elimination Has Been Achieved!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by fferyllt »

MalcomTucker was a
Vanilla Townie

Night One begins now and will end on February 9 Midnight US Eastern Time. Night actions are due by (expired on 2022-02-08 21:00:00).

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Cape90 died last night. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 4-1
Day 4 Begins!

Day 4 could only be dedicated to "The Golden Girls".

“Rue had not wanted to be Rose, but learned that if she didn’t she couldn’t be in the show. Jay said to Rue, ‘I want you to go in the other room and humor me. Study the Blanche lines instead.’ She, of course, was, like, ‘OK!’ and when she rehearsed Blanche and was so good, Jay took it upon himself to tell Betty that I want you to switch. When he first told Betty, she wasn’t happy about it. She went along with him, because she’s a team player, but she didn’t know what she was going to do with Rose. The end of that story is that Rue said to me, and I’ve heard her say other things, too, that Betty did something with Rose that [Rue] never would have known how to do. Which was that Betty, being the brilliant woman that she is, when she’s talking to you there’s that twinkle in her eye and you know she’s five steps ahead of you. You see the intricate machinery in her eyes, yet the moment they yelled action for Rose, her face went totally blank. Rue said that Betty was able to drain the light and intelligence out of her eyes when she was playing Rose and just really take everything literally like Rose would, and not show the comic genius inside her head.”

Not Voting
(3): Somnus, ProgoWoshua, Ahri

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to eliminate.

Deadline: February 16, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-02-16 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

Idic
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

which it should

I noticed after the thread was locked that I committed the same dumb translation error as last time. The Portuguese word for "Intends" is "Pretende", which seriously messes with my brain.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

More importantly, I have exactly 0 reasons to kill Cape as Mafia. Cape was far more likely to not vote for me than you two are.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:13 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

I stand by my point from the last twilight.

Ahri knew Cape was going to be killed at night, so when townreadind both Somnus and Cape she only tried to coach Somnus at first.

She immediately realized her mistake, and addressed Cape on her following post.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:04 pm

Post by Somnus »

Hey, Progo. Pretty early here so I'm going to keep it brief for now. Just some quick comments.
In post 1312, ProgoWoshua wrote:

which it should

I noticed after the thread was locked that I committed the same dumb translation error as last time. The Portuguese word for "Intends" is "Pretende", which seriously messes with my brain.
Even before you cleared that up, I noticed that when I got on Sunday evening to read how Day 3 ended. It's not dumb. I get the confusion. I do think that clears up the Day 1 incident and clarifies that it wasn't a scum slip. So I'm willing to unofficially strike that incident from the record books, so to speak.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:12 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1313, ProgoWoshua wrote:More importantly, I have exactly 0 reasons to kill Cape as Mafia. Cape was far more likely to not vote for me than you two are.
I don't really agree with this though.
IF
you're scum, I don't think you have a viable option for a good night kill there. While I was the one who ended up with a vote on you (as well as Malcolm), Ahri and Cape seemed more convinced you'd flip scum than I was (in my opinion). They certainly went after you harder in the last page or so of Day 3. I can't pull up quotes at the moment, but somewhere towards the end of Day 3, Cape said something along the lines of "I believe it's Progo but his thought process is convoluted" or something to that effect. I gave my reasons for voting for you while acknowledging that you could in some bizarre universe still end up flipping town. Despite that, I felt it was not only a good chance to hit scum and end the game, but it would at the very least avoid this exact confusing scenario for a Day 4 that I was hoping wouldn't come to fruition and warned about in a couple of my posts in Day 3. We now have zero clarity.

You basically had all 4 of the other players still in the game scum-reading you on Day 3, and almost inexplicably, only two of them voted for you. I don't think your Day 4 looks particularly more promising with Ahri/Cape or Somnus/Cape. With that said, I'm trying really hard to keep an open mind here.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:15 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1314, ProgoWoshua wrote:I stand by my point from the last twilight.

Ahri knew Cape was going to be killed at night, so when townreadind both Somnus and Cape she only tried to coach Somnus at first.

Maybe. I'm just going to give myself a headache going through a WIFOM infinity loop of reverse psychology if I try to rationalize it though. I'm more concerned about what Ahri seemed to hint at in the last post of Day 3, which made it sound like you were certain that we were even going to see a Night 3. Could be a POV slip on your part. I don't know.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:01 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1316, Somnus wrote:
In post 1313, ProgoWoshua wrote:More importantly, I have exactly 0 reasons to kill Cape as Mafia. Cape was far more likely to not vote for me than you two are.
I don't really agree with this though.
IF
you're scum, I don't think you have a viable option for a good night kill there. While I was the one who ended up with a vote on you (as well as Malcolm), Ahri and Cape seemed more convinced you'd flip scum than I was (in my opinion). They certainly went after you harder in the last page or so of Day 3. I can't pull up quotes at the moment, but somewhere towards the end of Day 3, Cape said something along the lines of "I believe it's Progo but his thought process is convoluted" or something to that effect. I gave my reasons for voting for you while acknowledging that you could in some bizarre universe still end up flipping town. Despite that, I felt it was not only a good chance to hit scum and end the game, but it would at the very least avoid this exact confusing scenario for a Day 4 that I was hoping wouldn't come to fruition and warned about in a couple of my posts in Day 3. We now have zero clarity.

You basically had all 4 of the other players still in the game scum-reading you on Day 3, and almost inexplicably, only two of them voted for you. I don't think your Day 4 looks particularly more promising with Ahri/Cape or Somnus/Cape. With that said, I'm trying really hard to keep an open mind here.
However:
In post 1225, Cape90 wrote:Anyway, that's quite enough of that. There is a POE of 4 people right now and I really am not quite sure who it could be, it really could just be Malcolm since has a sickening amount of certainty that would actually make this game auto if true and I find it a bit jumping the gun FMPOV.
Cape was one of the only ones who haven't townlock you and Ahri. Town!Ahri isn't voting for you in a million years, and you just barely considered the thought of Ahri being Ahri.

I was hoping that calling her out last twilight would scare her off killing Cape. She still did it, because she isn't confident that Cape would vote with her. But she is confident that you will.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:18 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1317, Somnus wrote:
In post 1314, ProgoWoshua wrote:I stand by my point from the last twilight.

Maybe. I'm just going to give myself a headache going through a WIFOM infinity loop of reverse psychology if I try to rationalize it though. I'm more concerned about what Ahri seemed to hint at in the last post of Day 3, which made it sound like you were certain that we were even going to see a Night 3. Could be a POV slip on your part. I don't know.
How is that WIFOM? Do you think Town!Ahri would intentionally fake a scum slip for me to point it out?

Regardless, I was convinced that I had caught Ahri scumslipping. That's how I knew the game would continue. I didn't thought I had to imply otherwise with my wording.

Ahri was divided between voting me or Malcolm, but after Malcolm was eliminated:

which it should

She acted like she was convinced Malcolm would flip Mafia. She worded it specifically so that she would be wrong about it, in order to avoid looking like she has TMI.

And because she was worried about wording, she was quick to point out when
my
wording implied TMI.
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Ahri »

VOTE: ProgoWoshua