Newbie 2096 | Nathan For You | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:33 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Ish, calling Dr tomorrow for antibiotics! Happy scum day
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:49 am

Post by Rad »

Zzz I was hoping we'd be flipping a scum today for happy scum day
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:10 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: corwin
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:37 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Vote Count 4.01

Corwinoid (2):
Rad, Bellaphant
ELIMINATION

Not Voting (1):
Corwinoid

With 3 alive, it's 2 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 4 is July 1, 23:00 GMT+8

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-07-01 23:00:00)
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:51 pm

Corwinoid
was eliminated Day 4.

He was

Spoiler:
a
Mafia Goon
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:52 pm

The game has
ended

Congratulations to the

Spoiler:
town
of Vasex, Cheapside, Somnus, Rad, whiskey delta, Spartan 117, and Bellaphant

for winning Newbie 2096!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:52 pm

PTs:

Mod PT
Dead/Spectator
Mafia
Vasex Thread
Personal PT 2

The mafia team and everyone who has a personal PT have 48 hours to ask for redactions.

(expired on 2022-06-29 15:49:00)
Last edited by humaneatingmonkey on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:55 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Sorry rad, I wanted to be fair to corwin.

Thanks all. Really well done to somnus too, for towning it up massively.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:04 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I'm all good with Mafia thread
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:05 pm

Rad, you played D3 onwards really, really well.

You'll read some of my thoughts in Dead Thread, too.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:05 pm

Well played town. Unlucky Corwin, we were left in a pretty shitty position from D3 onwards
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:08 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Still think hard bussing bbt day three was the right idea for anyone! I spent too long wanting bbt not to be scum when my shitty vca was pretty damming. I don't think the night kills were as consequential as that for me.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:09 pm

You'll see that NKs had absolutely nothing to do with their reads either - was unfortunate how that got flipped onto me.

I prob should have self hammered early D3 once Corwin had voted for me. Bella I joined this game to play with you mainly, was genuinely gutted when I got a red role PM
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:32 pm

Post by Vasex »

ez pz
i won
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:33 pm

Post by Vasex »

In post 1681, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
PTs:

Mod PT
Dead/Spectator
Mafia
Personal PT 1
Personal PT 2

The mafia team and everyone who has a personal PT have 48 hours to ask for redactions.

(expired on 2022-06-29 15:49:00)
you can open my personal pt, thank you
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:36 pm

Post by Vasex »

In post 764, Vasex wrote: if i need to decide right now with a gun to my head, i would elim these three slots: CHEAPSIDE, bbt, corwin
:cop:
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:56 pm

Post by Somnus »

Geez, Bella. You couldn't hammer during more 'murican-friendly hours? How am I gonna get back to sleep now? :lol:

Well that was a Day 4...

GG, everyone. Easily the most frustrating game I've played in.

That was also the unlikeliest of townblocs ever on Day 3. Pretty amazing that the 3 of us somehow came together.

I said it in my last couple of mafia private threads, and just so no one thinks it was sour grapes when I said it then, but I think it's harder to win these as mafia than it is to win them as town. I had been referring to that as a NewD3 thing, but I really think it's just 9'ers in general. It's hard to stay hidden with only 9 players. I maintain that if both sides play equally, town is usually going to win. If town plays really well, mafia usually stands zero chance in these. We played well for like less than half of this game as a collective unit. However, overcoming 5:2 mountainous starting on Day 2 is pretty noteworthy.

Thank you for modding, HEM (and Nero too). I hope you're feeling better.

As mentioned in my private notes thread, bury them and set them on fire. Thanks!

HEM: If you're looking for someone to meme it up in the spec thread of your upcoming Divide and Fart game, I'm your guy. For references of what kind of disaster you can expect, see the dead thread for Newbie 2094. You've been warned.
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:04 pm

Post by Vasex »

I have only 1 post in my pt :cop:

Post #1  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:47 am
In post 1, Vasex wrote:Hi. My name is Vasex and I'm
an alcoholic
a town cop.

Yesterday in the beginning of the game (on first 2 pages) I found 1 solid town, 1 solid scum and 1 town lean...

Somnus - town
(it feels very much that at last he has got his townie role at last and he is full of newbie energy to fight against darkness)
Italiano - mafia
(i'm pretty sure he is scumclaiming in every post... very obvious mafia scum for me, basic behaviour, i even dont need to check him to know that; i will be searching for his partner, and maybe i even won't show him that i consider him so solid scum, to get more info from him)
Cheap
- i think more chances that he is town because of his first post (reminds me when i cannot wait for the start of the game, being townie, and start creating my first post before the game, making questions, watching only at the list of players with no info at all)

i'll try to survive the night
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:06 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1692, Vasex wrote:I have only 1 post in my pt :cop:

Post #1  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:47 am
In post 1, Vasex wrote:Hi. My name is Vasex and I'm
an alcoholic
a town cop.

Yesterday in the beginning of the game (on first 2 pages) I found 1 solid town, 1 solid scum and 1 town lean...

Somnus - town
(it feels very much that at last he has got his townie role at last and he is full of newbie energy to fight against darkness)
Italiano - mafia
(i'm pretty sure he is scumclaiming in every post... very obvious mafia scum for me, basic behaviour, i even dont need to check him to know that; i will be searching for his partner, and maybe i even won't show him that i consider him so solid scum, to get more info from him)
Cheap
- i think more chances that he is town because of his first post (reminds me when i cannot wait for the start of the game, being townie, and start creating my first post before the game, making questions, watching only at the list of players with no info at all)

i'll try to survive the night
I have no words :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I do. Even though you're kind of a pain in the ass, you've got a good mind for the game and I legit hope our paths cross again on this site under better circumstances.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:13 pm

Post by Somnus »

Ok, last thing. I'm not releasing my Private Thread, but here's a couple of gems from Day 1. Enjoy.
I might try and eat a bullet Night 1 just so that it isn’t a PR instead
Please tell me we’re not in column C (rhetorical).
The game so far:

“I see that Player A is currently running up and down the street, naked, flinging feces at his neighbors. I see this as town behavior. Scum would be a lot more cautious than this. Definitely WAY too scummy to be scum. I don’t trust Player B for pointing out this anti-town behavior.”

It’s gonna be one of THOSE games. Definitely gonna try and direct the Night 1 kill onto myself.
over90
over90
He
Goon
over90
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:32 pm

Post by over90 »

In post 1694, Somnus wrote:here's a couple of gems
:D I bet real gems are here:
In post 1691, Somnus wrote:As mentioned in my private notes thread, bury them and set them on fire. Thanks!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Gonna assume somnus' PT is just him shouting at me.

I think you've maybe got a point though about town sided: I don't remember it being quite like this when I first played newbies, or even when I first ic-ed, but it might be down to the PRS too - we used to have a fairly standard cop/doc/doctor/tracker(I think), and scum couldn't have day talk!!it may be the assumption that newbies aren't going to play the PRS very well, but in my recent newbie we played a perfect game down partly to our newbie pr, and this game we played without one. However, I also think that there's a lot of 'tone' in this game that sometimes newbies find hard to play with too.

Some of it is players though: I think corwin had different choices open to him.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:53 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

It wasn't. PT is fine with me also. Some not flattering things got said about some people at a few points.

Three things before I do anything else... it wasn't losing this game that drove me off, it was frustration with someone else entirely that just crushed my will to be present or put up a fight here. I owe Rad and Bella an apology for not having the energy to try harder on this, and then everyone wanting their pound of flesh today, and I just didn't have it. Sorry guys. You too BBT.

The second,
and most important
, is that I owe Vasex an apology. The way I came at you D1 was really similar to how I had ICs and SEs come at me in my game before this, and it drove me off the site for 5-6 years. It left a really dirty taste in my mouth. I hope you stick around and play more, and I hope this doesn't completely taint your opinion of the site.

Third... Rad: I was serious about the attitude problems and being condescending. That was coming from the player me, not scum me. Talking down to people in newbie games like "Mafia is hard" or telling Somnus "Maybe Mafia isn't the game for you" is really not okay, especially in Newbie games. I wasn't going to come at my defense with this as an angle, I think it's a serious issue. These games are to get people use to the forums and to welcome them into the site, not do things that might drive them off (see my second point). Please don't attack the person behind the game.
Last edited by humaneatingmonkey on Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:56 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

If people want play reviews I'd be happy to do that, also.

BBT, I had a blast playing with you. I'm sorry for the other things, it was a cluster fuck. I'd like to talk about that later.

Bella, it was fun. I was looking forward to playing with you. For some reason I feel like you were in one of my previous games, but I never checked... enjoyed the entire time though.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:57 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1687, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You'll see that NKs had absolutely nothing to do with their reads either - was unfortunate how that got flipped onto me.

I prob should have self hammered early D3 once Corwin had voted for me. Bella I joined this game to play with you mainly, was genuinely gutted when I got a red role PM
That's the critical point I screwed up. N2 kill was probably wrong too. **It happens, I learned a lot from this game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”