Newbie 2065 | The Backrooms | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 471, Pavowski wrote:Over 24 hours since last Zyla post.

<8 hours til end of day.
Oh, whoops,
forgot to declare V/LA for the day, but I needed to catch me some Gible
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Zyla wrote: Even if you don't believe me, I am of course vanilla town. I'm mostly thinking WWS is mafia, but it could be Xlos or Egix; Pavowski has definitely made their slot seem more town, and I think that my TR on Luke is pretty solid. Still think Bulge could go either way.

I
hope
that someone switches over to Egix instead of me, but either way, good luck town!
As much as I am not confident in this vote, I am even less confident the votes are there to eliminate Egix tonight. Let's hope this is the game.

VOTE: Zyla
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Xlos »

VOTE: Zyla

Gotta get on the bandwagon so if shes mafia i can say I knew it all along
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Zyla »

T-T
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Zyla »

Pavowski wrote:As much as I am not confident in this vote, I am even less confident the votes are there to eliminate Egix tonight. Let's hope this is the game.
I'm glad I was able to spread
some
doubt at least :lol:

Anyway, I can't say I'm
surprised
, even if I am slightly disappointed I don't make it another day.
GG all and congrats on a game well played
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 479, Zyla wrote:
Pavowski wrote:As much as I am not confident in this vote, I am even less confident the votes are there to eliminate Egix tonight. Let's hope this is the game.
some

Anyway, I can't say I'm
surprised
So it was you?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Egix96 »

Like, I know you said GG, but I've seen too many people claim scum as town in my life...
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Zyla »

Honestly, that's totally me, so I guess we'll have to wait for the big guy to say
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:20 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Zyla has been executed ! She was...

Spoiler:
A Mafia Goon !
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 479, Zyla wrote:
some

Anyway, I can't say I'm
surprised
You did pretty good over all, but you had an uphill battle with T3 getting caught on page 2. I actually feel a little bad about that tbh
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 484, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 479, Zyla wrote:
some

Anyway, I can't say I'm
surprised
You did pretty good over all, but you had an uphill battle with T3 getting caught on page 2. I actually feel a little bad about that tbh
I am not even 100% sure that I would have realized how shady his push on Wayward Son was if it wasn't for the fact that I knew Wayward was innocent, because he was my Mason partner lol
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by Gypyx »

a win condition has been reached !

the
Town
has won !
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Gypyx »

setup :

Lukewarm - Town Mason
Wayward Son - Town Mason
Egix96 - VT
The Bulge - VT
Pavowski - VT
Xlos - VT
Roden - VT
Zyla - Mafia Roleblocker
T3 - Mafia Goon

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Gypyx »

PT owners have 48 hours to ask for redactions

bottom text
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 486, Gypyx wrote:
a win condition has been reached !

the
Town
has won !
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 482, Zyla wrote:Honestly, that's totally me, so I guess we'll have to wait for the big guy to say
Well played. I thought you were really pure tonally.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:00 pm

Post by Roden »

I just have to know. Did you actually think I had a PR, Zyla? It was funny that I asked to be NK'd and then actually was, but I just wasn't sure why you did it. I'm pretty sure I was up to be voted out next. I had even pre-wrote some long posts during the night phase lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:13 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 491, Roden wrote:I just have to know. Did you actually think I had a PR, Zyla? It was funny that I asked to be NK'd and then actually was, but I just wasn't sure why you did it. I'm pretty sure I was up to be voted out next. I had even pre-wrote some long posts during the night phase lol
If you and Egix had both lived to Day 2, I think we would have eliminated Egix. I may be wrong, but I think that is where we would have gone.

You dying lowered Egix's scum equity from my pov. When someone is hard accusing someone else, then dies, I generally feel like that is normally someone trying to frame the other person.

Despite me thinking that today, we still almost killed Egix anyways
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:51 pm

Post by Roden »

Honestly, I'm glad you guys caught that. I was sure I was going to tunnel Egix Day 2, though if the Xlos/Mix Mason pair still got deconfirmed I may have rethought that. It was a good fake breadcrumb at the very least.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:10 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 492, Lukewarm wrote:You dying lowered Egix's scum equity from my pov. When someone is hard accusing someone else, then dies, I generally feel like that is normally someone trying to frame the other person.
Yeah, it was this combined with Egix's posts under e-1 that made me really rethink my vote for him. I wasn't totally convinced on Zyla, but she was the only one we were going to get last night.

Luke as Mason explains a lot. Honestly I was starting to sus you a little bit *just because* you felt so hard town to everybody. Maybe I wouldn't have felt that if I had started the game with this set. But I was gonna be looking at you and Wayward if the game went to another day, hah.

GG all!
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:01 am

Post by Xlos »

In post 253, Zyla wrote:
In post 213, Lukewarm wrote: Consider the other choices: Lukewarm who is as close to confirmed town as it gets, and me/Zyla who are suspected to be town power. I think that, to kill someone else, mafia would need to have something big to gain. And the only person who gains from killing Roden (and gains a lot) is Egix.
On the first level I can agree with you, but that assuming that the night kill was a direct action and not trying to frame someone else.

With the fact that a lot of people have been assuming a Mix-Los Mason team, killing someone outside of that could also be trying to raise doubt on whether or not they
are
both confirmed town members, since why would any Mafia member not go for a PR when possible? So if Egix stands to gain, so does someone who's gone up against the two.
Reading back through, the only thing that Mix and Xlos have agreed on with solid reads was that Wayward Son seemed scummy, and the only other person who had a solid read on him was Roden, who said he was scummy.

So
@ Wayward Son

As far as I can tell,
you
have the most to gain from this particular night kill, as you took out someone who was onto you, and raised suspicion on your other two opponents in the process. You also started a bandwagon way too early rather than wait for more discussion on it. So when you get back I'd really like to hear what you have to say.
So was this post a lie and the NK was to frame egix? Otherwise im confused
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:05 am

Post by Xlos »

In post 492, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 491, Roden wrote:I just have to know. Did you actually think I had a PR, Zyla? It was funny that I asked to be NK'd and then actually was, but I just wasn't sure why you did it. I'm pretty sure I was up to be voted out next. I had even pre-wrote some long posts during the night phase lol
If you and Egix had both lived to Day 2, I think we would have eliminated Egix. I may be wrong, but I think that is where we would have gone.

You dying lowered Egix's scum equity from my pov. When someone is hard accusing someone else, then dies, I generally feel like that is normally someone trying to frame the other person.

Despite me thinking that today, we still almost killed Egix anyways
Since there were 7 players, you are claiming that its 5x (4x since you were a mason) more likely that someone would frame him then that he would do it as scum, which seems like pretty bad odds imo. But maybe youre right, you played this game better than I did
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 495, Xlos wrote:
In post 253, Zyla wrote:
In post 213, Lukewarm wrote: Consider the other choices: Lukewarm who is as close to confirmed town as it gets, and me/Zyla who are suspected to be town power. I think that, to kill someone else, mafia would need to have something big to gain. And the only person who gains from killing Roden (and gains a lot) is Egix.
On the first level I can agree with you, but that assuming that the night kill was a direct action and not trying to frame someone else.

With the fact that a lot of people have been assuming a Mix-Los Mason team, killing someone outside of that could also be trying to raise doubt on whether or not they
are
both confirmed town members, since why would any Mafia member not go for a PR when possible? So if Egix stands to gain, so does someone who's gone up against the two.
Reading back through, the only thing that Mix and Xlos have agreed on with solid reads was that Wayward Son seemed scummy, and the only other person who had a solid read on him was Roden, who said he was scummy.

So
@ Wayward Son

As far as I can tell,
you
have the most to gain from this particular night kill, as you took out someone who was onto you, and raised suspicion on your other two opponents in the process. You also started a bandwagon way too early rather than wait for more discussion on it. So when you get back I'd really like to hear what you have to say.
So was this post a lie and the NK was to frame egix? Otherwise im confused
Nah, the night kill was way simpler than that
In post 356, Xlos wrote:3) She rolled a die for the NK
In post 33, Zyla wrote:I just used a random picker and got Wayward's name
Maybe not the
best
strategy, but it seemed to help muddy the waters at least
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:55 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 494, Pavowski wrote:Luke as Mason explains a lot. Honestly I was starting to sus you a little bit *just because* you felt so hard town to everybody. Maybe I wouldn't have felt that if I had started the game with this set. But I was gonna be looking at you and Wayward if the game went to another day, hah.
I was locktown to everyone, because I had accused T3 of being scum on page 2 of the thread, and pushed it the entire day, then he flipped scum.

That is generally enough for someone to be assumed town, all the way until they are still alive at Elo. Then people might start wondering why you are still alive if you have been Town Read so hard for so long, but day 2 that is enough to be assumed town lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:59 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 497, Zyla wrote: Nah, the night kill was way simpler than that
In post 356, Xlos wrote:3) She rolled a die for the NK
In post 33, Zyla wrote:I just used a random picker and got Wayward's name
Maybe not the
best
strategy, but it seemed to help muddy the waters at least
Omg, I was under the impression that the wayward thing was the lie out of those two claims. I kinda thought that that was a way of trying to back away from that vote.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”