Mewbie: 2092 [Finished]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/He/They/Xe

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by GoldfishFromTheMoon »

Ahhhh nooo.

I'm so sorry Ryno.

gg Somnus this was well played.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:55 pm

In post 774, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 747, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 744, Somnus wrote:Give me something though. You don't have to type a novel, but a couple of the traits Cat would recognize and how you tend to play as scum.
Ok,

As scum I wouldn't have claimed at E-2, And I probably would have fakeclaimed a PR in that situation (another thing on that point if I was scum with RCE don't you think I would have claimed tracker since I was the first of us to get close to elimination and the scum probably discussed the fakeclaim together)

The ACPA townblock definitely wouldn't have happened with scum!me, it just looks too suspicious and scum me is pretty cautious.

General tone is a thing.

As scum I'm a lot more confident then as town, being hedgy with my reads and randomly going back on stuff is a town trait for me, scum me likes to come up with more made up reads and analysis and then stick to them.
I didn't say exactly what I view as town traits from Goldfish because:
- I didn't want to sabotage her future games as mafia
- I didn't want her to know so clearly what I thought was townish or scummy from her because then she would be able to manipulate me easier
- It would be kinda hard to put some of the more vague things into words, I just had a vibe that Goldfish was very town this game, at least by the end of the game.
Similar reasons to why I didn't, I don't want to blow my chances as scum in future.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:34 pm

Somnus have you set some kind of site record for gettinn mafia 3 times in a row?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I wouldn't be super worried about meta tells, by nature they are going to be unreliable as :
A.) Players will be aware of tells they have as town or scum (for the most part)
And
2.) Play styles will shift over time or even game to game.

When I started I was more like Somnus, Heavy on the wall posts, wanting clarification over every statement, going over every detail or possible world, etc.
Now I'm a moon meme
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

The mind games make things pretty fun though.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 777, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:Somnus have you set some kind of site record for gettinn mafia 3 times in a row?
On mobile right now, so I can’t do my one, big, annoying final post with my thoughts, but it is pretty crazy. Getting mafia 3 times in a row is an uncommon occurrence in general, but I’m sure it happens to a number of players every year. First 3 games though? That probably hasn’t happened too often on the site. I have no doubt I’m not the first, but when I look through player wikis, it’s hard to find someone who was even mafia their first 2 games.

As someone who overall does enjoy playing as mafia, it’s honestly exhausting to get nothing but mafia roles. Would prefer to get one as a rare treat every 4-5 games, and it’s part of the reason I need to step away for a couple months.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 711, Somnus wrote:Asking to either of you because it's a term I'm not familiar with as it pertains to Mafia: does fluffy mean off-topic?
I like to keep a lot of the tricks of the trade close to the vest, but I’ll just say for now that this was the most sinister and diabolical post I made all game and knew exactly what I was doing when I posted it.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Well it was a joy to have you as a partner before you go on break. It's been awhile since I enjoyed rolling scum but I can say this was an enjoyable game.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

The poem to end the game was flashy stuff too, thumbs up lol.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 783, RCEnigma wrote:The poem to end the game was flashy stuff too, thumbs up lol.
Lyrics, my good man. Lyrics. And you were great, as well as entertaining. Post 114 was one of my favorites all game.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by Alianna »

I was quite stressed near the end of Day 1 because I had no idea who it was (once again, well-played by the scum), but overall I really enjoyed this game too. I hope to play with y'all again in the future.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 769, RCEnigma wrote:If you want some personal notes on what I thought on your play and things I would look out for going forward I can oblige.
I would like that. I feel like I was a bit of a jester.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I posted a little about it in dead thread but we spent a good chunk of day 1 trying to figure out how we needed to handle you because you just oozed town out of the gate. I'll get a better post together after my shift ends in the A.M.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 787, RCEnigma wrote:I posted a little about it in dead thread but we spent a good chunk of day 1 trying to figure out how we needed to handle you because you just oozed town out of the gate. I'll get a better post together after my shift ends in the A.M.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I thought that one was directed at furtive. Let me go re-read it.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by Somnus »

I wanted to post the gif of Dr. Evil tryin’ to get a hug, Alianna, but I’m too lazy for that on mobile. Sorry for leading the charge for your execution.

Hope absolutely none of you take this the wrong way, but when I play again in June or July, I can’t play with any of y’all. You’re all just gonna vote me out Day 1 no matter what I do until I prove that me getting a green role PM isn’t a glitch that means the game needs to be rerolled (that happened to me in my first game. I was supposed to be a VT).
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 789, Somnus wrote:I wanted to post the gif of Dr. Evil tryin’ to get a hug, Alianna, but I’m too lazy for that on mobile. Sorry for leading the charge for your execution.
No hard feelings. *Googles gif and sends virtual hug*
In post 789, Somnus wrote:Hope absolutely none of you take this the wrong way, but when I play again in June or July, I can’t play with any of y’all. You’re all just gonna vote me out Day 1 no matter what I do until I prove that me getting a green role PM isn’t a glitch that means the game needs to be rerolled (that happened to me in my first game. I was supposed to be a VT).
Fair, because you're not wrong lol.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 787, RCEnigma wrote:I posted a little about it in dead thread but we spent a good chunk of day 1 trying to figure out how we needed to handle you because you just oozed town out of the gate. I'll get a better post together after my shift ends in the A.M.
I'm still kicking myself over the self-vote. I don't know what I was thinking. It wasn't even a gambit, I was just bored.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 791, Alianna wrote:
I'm still kicking myself over the self-vote. I don't know what I was thinking. It wasn't even a gambit, I was just bored.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't ever change.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:11 pm

In post 781, Somnus wrote:
In post 711, Somnus wrote:Asking to either of you because it's a term I'm not familiar with as it pertains to Mafia: does fluffy mean off-topic?
I like to keep a lot of the tricks of the trade close to the vest, but I’ll just say for now that this was the most sinister and diabolical post I made all game and knew exactly what I was doing when I posted it.
That doesn't supprise me, when you said that I was thinking "how does he not know this it's such a common phrase?"
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:14 pm

In post 789, Somnus wrote: Hope absolutely none of you take this the wrong way, but when I play again in June or July, I can’t play with any of y’all. You’re all just gonna vote me out Day 1 no matter what I do until I prove that me getting a green role PM isn’t a glitch that means the game needs to be rerolled (that happened to me in my first game. I was supposed to be a VT).
Yeah that's kinda true. Disappointing though I've liked playing with you, I hope we can be scum together some day.

Also random note maybe in your next game you should try hydraing with Alianna, her townieness + your scumminess will make you guys impossible to read for any of us lol.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by Somnus »

Alright. I'm pretty mentally exhausted so I'm just going to do a quick word-vomit spew here and then duck out of here:

First of all, good game to all 8 of you. And thank-you to Mala for modding.

Not an easy game whatsoever. While I like playing as mafia, you'll see how bitchy I was in the mafia thread right off the bat about getting a mafia role yet again. I was in a shit mood through most of this game as a result. It's not supposed to be this hard to get a freakin' town role in the game of mafia. You know the funny thing? I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy playing as mafia overall more than town, but I don't think any of you understand how much work and pressure there is in being mafia literally every game.

For once, being in B2 was to our benefit. This is the block in the grid that RadiantCowbells was concerned with being too town-sided when he created NewD3. However, in 2 of the 3 blocks in column B, Enigma's tracker claim is instantly being countered, and if you look at the gamestate at that point, he's likely not winning that counter-claim. And while a mafia member going down on Day 1 is a disaster for Team Red in any game, it's a nearly impossible to recover-from blunder in a 9 player game. So being in this incredibly tough block worked out to our advantage.

I like playing with people who make the game fun. Enigma was aces and he did all of the heavy lifting on Day 1. He absolutely dragged my bitchy dead-weight self through Day 1 and did all of the hard stuff until he went down.

Night-actions played a huge part in this. Column B is rough on mafia for a number of reasons. While rolecop is a fun role, it's pretty underpowered in games that almost always end on Day 3 or Day 4, even if you successfully cop someone Night 1. Hilariously enough, I still don't know if Enigma was jailed Night 1 or if he got a result on Cat, but that's who we checked. We both agreed on killing Isis Night 1, suspecting a PR. He originally wanted to rolecop furtive, but I talked him into the pool of PRs being Isis, Cat, and Ryno, and he correctly chose Cat. But again, Day 2 happened so fast that I actually don't even know if he got his result for Night 1 or was jailed lol.

I think inactivity hurt town tremendously on Day 4 (as well as too much focus on one of the three night-kills and almost no attention being spent on things that I verifiably had said and done throughout the game). Don't take any of that personally, Goldfish or Ryno, because you two otherwise made things difficult for me. But the fact that the mafia member was the one leading discussion and the two town members were pretty much sitting back and waiting for something to happen allowed me to control the narrative during all of Day 4.

I'm still going to be around and reading games for fun, but I need a break. If you haven't played as mafia, especially in games that you badly want to win, it's hard to describe all of the things that you face as mafia in this game that you'd never have to worry about as town. Playing as mafia is fun, but it's far from a carefree and relaxing experience. So while playing as mafia is fun, playing as mafia every single game is not. But I'd like to maybe even get into a game or two as a spectator from the start. I don't know how to go about doing that. All I know is that I'm not playing again until June or July.

One day we're gonna be mason buds, Alianna, and it's going to be epic.

I can't think of anything else, so once again, good game to everyone and best of luck in your upcoming games. I'll still be around.

p-edit: I legit hadn't encountered the term "fluffy" in mafia, but I was pretty sure what you both meant and just wanted to pour gasoline on the pile. One of my unofficial rules is that I don't do alts or hydras. Lol. Good game to you, Goldfish. I enjoy playing with you as well.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:31 pm

In post 784, Somnus wrote:
In post 783, RCEnigma wrote:The poem to end the game was flashy stuff too, thumbs up lol.
Lyrics, my good man. Lyrics. And you were great, as well as entertaining. Post 114 was one of my favorites all game.
I missed 114 when It was made and when I looked back and saw it it was too late for me to reply :(
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:39 pm

Post by Ryno56 »

To be fair re: inactivity on Day 4, that was mainly Goldfish. I had a scumlean on you (Somnus) and I knew the arguments against you. And you spent most of it accusing me, so I could ignore most of that. I wanted more participation from Goldfish. I mean, even now, Goldfish STILL hasn't my question like damn, do you have a mental block on my posts or something lmao.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:51 pm

It's because I don't reall have an answer so I'm just avoiding it sorry