Newbie 2109: Taco Hemingway | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Honestly...

Weuler/AV double scum was never on my mind. I knew that was bait.

So... I was trying to sort which of AV/Weu were scum to find the partne,r btu then both the people wanted to kill AV so I was like.... AV's just town I guess?

I also think AV voting for Weuler was...
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by Arko »

So... I'll personally say it both of us definitely fucked up at varying degrees this game.
Insert an uncreative signature here. Maybe one day, maybe one day. Well at least it has colour. Now pink and bold :3
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Arko »

No not like just me/delta... I'm saying probably all of us fucked up hard, it was just the mafia that did it less
Insert an uncreative signature here. Maybe one day, maybe one day. Well at least it has colour. Now pink and bold :3
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

we definitely got lucky with the kingtroll kill too
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

I was honest about being paranoid / an over thinker.

I felt like I needed to put pressure on weuler because you thought we were a scumpair, and when weuler said they had a suspicion but didn’t name it I was like oh fuck I need to vote him before he votes me, cos I thought you’d go with whoever was voted first (as it turns out you did, just after like a hell of a lot of a tougher ride!)

Pedit: yeah I said in the PT that I thought I’d been played by you, LLD. In the end it got in my head and I wanted the day over asap tbh!
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

I thought KT was friendly neighbour cos he kept saying “hi” lol

And CCG cos he kept saying “brother” :D
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:04 pm

In post 854, AurorusVox wrote: I was honest about being paranoid / an over thinker.

I felt like I needed to put pressure on weuler because you thought we were a scumpair, and when weuler said they had a suspicion but didn’t name it I was like oh fuck I need to vote him before he votes me, cos I thought you’d go with whoever was voted first (as it turns out you did, just after like a hell of a lot of a tougher ride!)

Pedit: yeah I said in the PT that I thought I’d been played by you, LLD. In the end it got in my head and I wanted the day over asap tbh!
Gah.

I counter threw for the exact same reason. I just wanted this overwith.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by Arko »

So I shouldn't of snapped there at the end. I'll agree with that. Sorry bout that.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:05 pm

In post 853, Save The Dragons wrote: we definitely got lucky with the kingtroll kill too
That and it's hard when I replace into a slot that's near dead as town because it means it's hard to hunt when epople randomly want you dead for no good reasno.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Also, proud that the very early distancing against WS laid a very good foundation to negate the AV/STD pairing.

But then I was also paranoid that if I didn’t push STD hard today (like if I went after you, LLD) that people would realise I’d been distancing him all along without the intent to eliminate him.

There was a point where the strategy changed from trying to get a D4 win after either me or STD went down, to trying to win today and that’s where I started to pivot to weuler
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by Arko »

I did think we were pretty fucked on the last day

Just not that supremely fucked
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 858, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 853, Save The Dragons wrote: we definitely got lucky with the kingtroll kill too
That and it's hard when I replace into a slot that's near dead as town because it means it's hard to hunt when epople randomly want you dead for no good reasno.
Rescuing that slot was seriously impressive
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:08 pm

In post 859, AurorusVox wrote: Also, proud that the very early distancing against WS laid a very good foundation to negate the AV/STD pairing.

But then I was also paranoid that if I didn’t push STD hard today (like if I went after you, LLD) that people would realise I’d been distancing him all along without the intent to eliminate him.

There was a point where the strategy changed from trying to get a D4 win after either me or STD went down, to trying to win today and that’s where I started to pivot to weuler
How the fuck I got you to vote Weuler there is beyond me

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:08 pm

Post by Arko »

That was horrible, and I want to avoid that trashfire again. That was just such a bad combination. Also you did pretty well for such a fucked slot, Surprisingly well.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 862, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 859, AurorusVox wrote: Also, proud that the very early distancing against WS laid a very good foundation to negate the AV/STD pairing.

How the fuck I got you to vote Weuler there is beyond me
You asked so nicely!

I actually was waiting for you to push me to vote weuler because as I saw it my only other option was STD…
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:12 pm

I should have just listened to myself.

Yesterday I said "I won't kill Weuler, he's town. I'll lose the game to that."

today i said the same shit about Arko.

If I just listen to myself it's obvious. Fuck.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:15 pm

Post by Arko »

Why was it such a bad combination? well...
  • Like 2-3 Fucked town slots so early on
  • PR Genocide
  • Pretty much everyone played either Mediocre or Plain Bad. (I know I played pretty bad, Mafia did Mediocre but still better than us and the other 2 town can self-reflect themselves)
  • Everyone's reads being so flimsy and not that accurate
  • Generally town didn't interact well with each other, and fucked the other townies over
  • Replacing in also kinda sucked
  • The absolute cancer of that final day
I definitely liked playing it but this game was a trashfire and it ended up sucking.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

It’s a little bittersweet that after what I’d consider good play throughout most of the game that a monumental misplay on my behalf is what won it in the end but I guess a messy goalmouth scramble counts just as much as a 35 yard screamer…

I think you’re being a little harsh there arko tbh. There was plenty of good play. The Fred lim that never happened was good from town. NK going down entirely with town on the wagon was good from us.

I’m not built for ELO. I didn’t enjoy it but I think std payed it well. I was definitely too eager to rush through it.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

although I was annoyed because every time Town replaced out, it was someone who townread me replaced by someone who didn’t lol. And the easy/easier lim targets being replaced by more competent and/or present players.

I also got lucky with my replacee too though even though I spent most of the game accusing him of being scum <3
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:20 pm

Post by Arko »

You guys played definitely somewhere inbetween Good-Mediocre (The town had mainly figured you out, you misplayed a few times, but the town kinda fucked up hard and you took advantage of it)
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:25 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

I mean for most of the game, including the final day until my weuler vote, most of the town thought I was town (you and weuler both had me as your strongest townread earlier today) - if that hadn’t been the case I wouldn’t have been able to defend myself after the vote because the excuse (no scum motivation to go after weuler) wouldn’t have been viable.

I got in my own head and almost fucked it but earlier play (towncred + distancing) helped to negate the magnitude of the catastrophe…
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by Arko »

Yeah without that final day I'd firmly say you played good.
Anyways the 3 misplays I noticed was:
Fenrir's Reads list being completely fucked over by FN, and casually all voted out people were part of the Townreads (I only noticed this in retrospect)
The Final Day
Aurora at sometimes acting a little too lurky for his own good (It payed off in the end though, until misplay of the final day happened...)

Us townies never noticed, barely did, or fucked around and failed with these misplays.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

On the lurking. There were definitely one or two occasions where I didn’t post strategically but on the whole I generally posted whenever I got a chance. I’m a teacher so it’s not like I can just grab my phone to catch up and post during the day. And I have 18 month old twins so there’s not a lot of time when I’m at home either. I could generally post (a) first thing in the morning while drying off from a shower, (b) when I got home from work and sat on the loo - not every day!! And (c) late at night like now when I should be sleeping lol

So although there were 1-2 times I didn’t post when I could have, it genuinely would have been pretty much the same even if I was town.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Arko »

Nice to know, it was more the content of the posts that gave it the lurk to me actually.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:35 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Oh interesting. What made them seem lurky? I tried to put as much scum hunting content in them as I could!
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”