Newbie 2072: All Guns Blazing!! - Ended

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:27 am

Post by alstroemerial »

Pagetop lol always wanted to do that
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:31 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: marci
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:32 am

Post by T3 »

Gonna read her ISO to see whwre I went wrong in my ~secret meta tell~
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:36 am

Post by T3 »

In post 191, marcistar wrote:
Portia
- I think town. , , seems like hes genuinely trying to solve in his own sorta way.

Pavowski
- null. i'm not quite sure about anything from them, from what they've posted nothing really seems scummy.. but the playstyle here just like is kinda offputting (he isnt the most active, and isnt contributing as much as i would like) :cool:

alstroemerial
- null (town lean). i og liked alstroemerial alot, but now im just confused :? i see what luke was saying about it just being mostly general comments.

Zyla
- null (scum lean). im not really sure how zyla usually plays but it doesnt seem like shes making much pushes or giving many reads.

Lukewarm
- null (? maybe a slight scum lean). lukes been prob the most active, but in general it just hasn't really been giving me good vibes.. im not sure why but nothing hes doing seems really town.
im not sure how luke plays as scum, i havent been in a game with him as scum yet, i hope yall can enlighten me and tell me if my reads just dumb.

Val89
- town. i still think based on the game he linked way earlier his just general vibes fit with that really well.

Not_Mafia
- null

Umlaut
- null

VOTE: zyla

i think based on how luke has alot more content for us to judge on i would be most comfortable with this vote right now ^.
im not too confident in these reads but its what im feeling rn <3
OH lmao I would have flashyeeted her in a second for this. marci is a weird af kill to make so I assume we win.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Umlaut »

I can roll with this.

VOTE: Marci
E-1.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:04 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm VT
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:06 am

Post by T3 »

Hammer.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: marcistar
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:42 am

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 905, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm VT
Cool me too /jk
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Lukewarm »

hello. the day is over
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:19 am

Post by Umlaut »

Alstro, care to say whom you're jailing if this flips green?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:19 am

Post by Lukewarm »

T3:
In post 807, T3 wrote:Using my OP marci tell I'm putting her at strong townread.
Also T3:
In post 903, T3 wrote:OH lmao I would have flashyeeted her in a second for this
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 910, Umlaut wrote:Alstro, care to say whom you're jailing if this flips green?
yes, please
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:38 am

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 910, Umlaut wrote:Alstro, care to say whom you're jailing if this flips green?
With one mafia down, I figure that the jailkeeper can block the kill from protecting the target or blocking the mafia. Last night I was trying to block the mafia-- the wagon made Umlaut and T3 look pretty solid, and I was already TR-ing NM and Luke. That left Marci, and so I looked through the ISOs and saw things like in retrospect.

For tonight, I think it's more efficient to try to block the mafia than try to guess the target. Given that the wagon is more solid evidence than my reads, it would be NM or Luke. More likely Luke just because I don't see why NM would have done that sort of bus move yesterday, and the hammer could have been a resignation thing.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna flip red though.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 913, alstroemerial wrote:
With one mafia down, I figure that the jailkeeper can block the kill from protecting the target or blocking the mafia. Last night I was trying to block the mafia-- the wagon made Umlaut and T3 look pretty solid, and I was already TR-ing NM and Luke. That left Marci, and so I looked through the ISOs and saw things like in retrospect.

For tonight, I think it's more efficient to try to block the mafia than try to guess the target. Given that the wagon is more solid evidence than my reads, it would be NM or Luke. More likely Luke just because I don't see why NM would have done that sort of bus move yesterday, and the hammer could have been a resignation thing.

I am okay going to jail tonight if this flips green, but who ever you choose, please give a definitive answer, so we/i don't have to worry about dealing with

"but he said maybe luke, maybe not_mafia, we can't know for sure"
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:15 am

Post by marcistar »

YALL WTF I WAS SLEEPING

im tracker yall wth????!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Lukewarm »

ummmm
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Lukewarm »

results?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:20 am

Post by marcistar »

How to Claim Tracker as Consigliere:
Step 1: Visit someone who hasn't claimed, or one whose role is not confirmed.

If you see that their role is non-visiting, you get a free "didn't visit" card, and the person who you tracked can confirm that because you KNOW their role. Lookouts and other Trackers can semi-confirm you, if you visited the target you say you did.

Tip: be wary of transporters, because they can switch your results. Change them accordingly if you know who was transported.

Step 2: Don't post immediately.

If someone asks for your role, you give them your will. The good thing about this, is that if they are investigator, your results are still Investigator, Consigliere, Mayor, Tracker, Plaguebearer.

Side Note: I have claimed mayor as Plaguebearer before, and the tracker confirmed that I didn't visit, as well as the investigator confirming my role list. It worked, as they never asked me to reveal, trusting me severely, because what PB claims mayor??? Going out of the usual claims is a very smart idea if you're trying to fake claim something.

Step 3: Even if you don't know who somebody visited, you can estimate based on your knowledge of their role, as well as what they've said.

When you need to post your will in a jiffy, you need to have something reliable ready, and sometimes that means "lying". I know, novel concept as mafia. Trackers aren't always forced to claim publicly every day, because they use their knowledge when they see something is up. Not posting publicly immediately is alright. When being asked in whispers or by the jailor for your will, they cannot necessarily confirm or deconfirm any of the visits.

Step 4: Don't make it obvious.

Being obvious includes things like putting a recently dead townie in your will. It's suspicious when you check someone who has recently died, unless they were evil, or didn't write in their will who they visited. In this case, you can just switch it over to someone else if you feel unsafe. Another obvious thing is if your targets are on the spies will... in this case just kill the spy or utilize a disguiser, and just fake your results momentarily.

Why Outing Evils as Consigliere is Better as Tracker: When people see an investigator claim pushing an evil so hard, like the investigator is SURE of that persons role, they get suspicious of the investigator claim being a consigliere. If you claim tracker, you can say that a werewolf/juggernaut visited insert target, or that an arsonist visited insert target ignited the day before. These seem less obvious as a consigliere move, and technically if you aren't wrong, it just confirms you more as tracker. People trust trackers a lot if they have good results, so be smart with what you put in your will.

Step 5: Gain peoples trust.

Confirming yourself is the best thing you can do, and until you get mafia majority, you need to keep the trust of the townspeople. Confirm other people you know as town, only to deceive them later. When they have gained your trust, you can safely confirm one of your other mafia members by saying who they visited, making them seem like the role they request to be known as. Pinning people against each other is the best thing you can do when people trust you, because they'll get confused as to who really is mafia.

NOT SUGGESTED, but a possible solution: bus of your mafia members only if they are on the brink of death, and you know they're going to be hung/shot. If you do it randomly or after you have majority, you could be throwing the game. You can confirm yourself more if act as if you tracked one of your fellow mafia members and helped get them killed. This really is only helpful if you are trying to get yourself confirmed as not mafia. Again, be careful with how you use this strategy.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:26 am

Post by marcistar »

they always ask whos mafia not hows mafia :pensive:
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:32 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 913, alstroemerial wrote:

yall pavowski just like completly fooled me, yall making a mistake killing tracker like this :roll: :roll:
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:36 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 917, Lukewarm wrote:results?
n0 i visited meuh and got that she wasnt visiting anyone
and then i got rbed for some strange reason!!!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 921, marcistar wrote:
In post 917, Lukewarm wrote:results?
n0 i visited meuh and got that she wasnt visiting anyone
and then i got rbed for some strange reason!!!
I get it now :cool: :cool: :cool:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I don't know why I kept fighting off all of my suspicions of you
alstroemerial
alstroemerial