PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:05 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 901, Dannflor wrote: we got a real for reals guilty this time pinky promise
trust
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:06 am

Post by The Cabal »

I wish to embarrass most of my partners if they’re wrong. Most of them think scum is HEM.

I’m undecided because I don’t know.

-Bell
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:08 am

Post by AniX »

Official Vote Count [4.4]

With 7 players, it takes 4 to Ban. Deadline: (expired on 2024-05-22 11:11:11).

humaneatingmonkey:
3 (WePick, PookyTheMagicalBear, halfasleep)
yeet
not voting [5]:
The Cabal, jjh927, Dannflor, humaneatingmonkey)

I've seen ENOUGH. Humaneatingmonkey is dead.

You are
Red Crown
. Red is the color of Administration on this site. The head honcho. The big cheese. The one true Administrator. And it is time the userbase started to respect what that means.

You are part of The Administrative Team and your teammate is experience. You may talk to them here during night phases and confirmations. You may also post there during Day phases, but your teammate cannot.

Each Night, you may target a player. That player will be Banned.

Once per day, if a member of The Administrative Team took no action the previous night, you may choose to Ban a Warned player.

You are
Admin-aligned
and win when all
User-aligned
players are Banned and at least one
Admin-aligned
player is not Banned.

Please respond to this PM within 48 hours with a brief summary of your role to confirm having read it.

Users WIN

Thank you all for playing in this social experiment! It was definitely fun to get back into the mod seat after all this time, although not without hiccups extending from my complete separation from the current meta leading to...interesting misunderstandings. This game was modeled after the format that birthed UPick: Scumchat games, where roles are a bit more freeform in nature but also quite powerful, their exact function is less than fully defined, and, most importantly, mod involvement in the game is significantly increased. Balancing this game was tricky and I went back and forth on whether there should be 2 or 3 on the Admin team. I went with 2 and I still think that was the right choice, given there was a lot of chaotic elements and "mod thumb on scale" stuff going around that I feel balances out going down to two. Mafia got a bad break here between IHF's...interesting strategy of effectively claiming Scum day 1 to WePick on HEM early. Still, I hope people enjoyed themselves!
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:09 am

EASY PEEZY
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:09 am

Post by AniX »

Unflipped roles:

You are
WePick - We can change the role of any player we want to whatever role we want. This will not change the players alignment
. Review the following subroles. Each head of the hydra must pick one by start of game, by any means the collective hydra deems appropriate, and send that assignment list to me VIA PM. If subroles are not fully allotted by start of game, they will be assigned at mod discretion.

Every time a member of the hydra posts from the WePick account and signs the post in a manner clearly indicating what head posted, that head's selected subrole becomes the active role for the hydra and WePick is treated for all intents and purposes as that role until another head of the hydra posts. Unsigned posts or posts signed in a manner that do not give a clear indication of what head posted will default to WePick having no ability until a signed post is made. You may not sign for another head.

You may not claim this role nor may you claim or imply, subject to mod discretion, that you were the source of any particular ability.

WePick
: This subrole must post at least once every 24 hours and be the active subrole for a period of no less than one hour or WePick will have no ability the following night, irrespective of what subrole is active.
-
: Each night, you may choose to modify the signing ability for the following day. Any head, with permission of the head signed for, may sign a post as any other head. All other rules regarding signing remain in effect.
We
: Each Night, you may choose a player and exchange messages with them. Each message from you must be 11 words or less (counting numbers as words) and you may send no more than 11 messages total. You may choose whether or not these messages are attributed to you, as an exception to the source claiming rule. If you do so, you will receive a limited term Private Topic. Otherwise, the messages will be exchanged through the moderator. If you send no messages at night, you may choose to send one 11 word message to that user during the following day but only if this subrole is active.
Can
: Each Night, you may target a player. That player's night actions will have no effect that night. If you used this ability the previous night and no night action had no effect, as long as this subrole is active, that player's actions will have no effect the following day.
Change
: Each Night, you may target a player, including yourself. That player will be protected from one Ban that night. If you used this ability the previous night and no kill was prevented, as long as this subrole is active, that player is protected from one Ban during the day, including a lim-Ban.
The Role
: Each Night, you may choose to ignore the restriction regarding role claiming and source claiming the following day.
Of Any Player We Want
: Each Night, you may target a player. You learn who that player's night action targeted that night, if anyone. If no night action is learned of, as long as this subrole is active, you will learn who that player targets the following day, if anyone.
To Whatever
: Each Night, you may target a player. If you are the only player to target them, that player will be Banned.
Role We Want
: Each night, you may choose one of your subroles. If you do, that subrole will be active for the following day and night, regardless of what head posts.
This Will Not Change
: You cannot be targeted by abilities at night. If no abilities were prevented, as long as this subrole is active, you cannot be targeted by abilities.
Players Alignment
: Each Night, you may target a player. You learn whether that player is User-aligned. (You will get "no result" if this action is prevented or mitigated.)

You are
User-aligned
and win when all
Admin-aligned
User-aligned
player is not Banned.

Please respond to this PM within 48 hours with a brief summary of your role to confirm having read it.

The Cabal (hydra of Lukewarm, Lady Lambdadelta, Spiffeh, fferyllt, notscience, GuyInFreezer, cephrir, Sakura Hana, Bell, Cabd, & Penguin_Alien)- borkjerfkin: Superior Red Moderator

You are
borkjerfkin: Superior Red Moderator
. As the Tech Admin, you are privy to the arcane secrets of Mafiascum.net and may attempt to leverage them to your benefit. However, the technical infrastructure of Mafiascum.net is a complete mess and any information you learn is often gained by happenstance and perhaps even outside the context of any utility.

Each night, select one of the following:
- Choose a player and choose one of the following types: Personal, Meta, or Random. You will learn whether that player's choice of role name was Personal (related to me, Daniel Anix, directly), Meta (related to me tangentially or by inference), or Random (related to me only in a cursory or surface-level way). If you choose the same type as that player's name, you will also learn their complete role name.
- Receive a one sentence statement giving information related to the game state. This information can range in utility from the direct to cryptic, but all of it will be true, except in cases where your ability is prevented or mitigated, and will accurately reflect the state of the game at that moment.

However, while Tech Admin and Site Admin are different things and you are innocent and pure, merely concerned with keeping the site running, you still bear the literal Scarlet Letter(s) of having your name spelled out in Red. You will appear
Admin-aligned
in all circumstances that would reveal alignment, including death.

You are
User-aligned
and win when all
Admin-aligned
User-aligned
player is not Banned.

You are
Liparis atlanticus, the Atlantic seasnail
. As you well know, Seasnails are vertebrate fish, despite their name, and you are a particularly salty example of that species. In an effort to aggressively demonstrate the presence of your spine, if you are the first or last voter to vote for a particular player, your vote counts twice.

However, due to your sensitivity to changes in pressure, voters who unvote you are still counted as voting for you to determine whether a majority vote has been reached, although they are otherwise free to place their vote elsewhere.

You are
User-aligned
and win when all
Admin-aligned
User-aligned
player is not Banned.

You are
AniX's Mom
. At any point during the day, you may post "Where is my child?" in bolded letters, which will immediately introduce a new player to the game called "
Delinquent AniX
", controlled by me. This player has no win condition and no actions. They have no alignment and will play the game entirely subject to personal whim, save that they will immediately seek to limm-Ban any user who votes you or encourages voting you. They otherwise function as a independent player, including being able to be targeted by abilities and being able to vote (and therefore increasing the majority burden to lim-Ban) and post in the game. They are immune from being Banned or limm-Banned through being targeted directly and any attempt to do so will fail.

Whenever you are targeted with an ability, you will be told you were targeted by not what it is or who targeted you. You may choose whether to instead have that ability target Delinquent AniX. Delinquent AniX is not immune to being Banned if targeted in this method. If you are limm-Banned, Delinquent AniX will instead be limm-Banned in your place and is not immune to being Banned through this method.

At any time, you may choose to remove Delinquent AniX from the game by posting "Begone, child!" in bolded letters. If you do, Delinquent AniX is immediately removed from the game, regardless of whether it is reflected in the game state. All Delinquent AniX votes will be removed, any effects reliant on Delinquent AniX's presence will be dispelled, and the majority burden will be readjusted to account for the decreased player count. If a lim-Banned would occur under this new player count, it does so.

You are
User-aligned
and win when all
Admin-aligned
User-aligned
player is not Banned.

You are
Visser One
, head of the Yeerk invasion of Earth. In any other game, this might make you part of the evil team. But even the Yeerks must turn towards the light when faced with the incalculable evil of an Administrator on a hobby website. But your ability to have Yeerks infiltrate the minds of others and gather information can be an asset for the Users here. At the beginning of every day phase, except the first, you will receive up to three posts that were made the previous night in the Mafia PT, subject to mod discretion of editing out explicitly identifying information.

You are
User-aligned
and win when all
Admin-aligned
User-aligned
player is not Banned.

You are
A SUPP Score of 0
. Each night, if you received 0 votes the previous day, all night ability actions that night will result in 0. Each night, you may choose one player immune to this effect. Each day, if you were targeted by 0 night actions the previous night, all day ability actions will result in 0. The player you chose the previous night is immune to this effect.

You are
User-aligned
and win when all
Admin-aligned
User-aligned
player is not Banned.

Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:10 am

Post by The Cabal »

Thanks for modding, Anix! It was a peek into the vibe of games at MS from before my time!

⚗️
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:10 am

thanks for the carry ya'all who actually bothered reading and doing stuff

thanks for modding again Anix, always a pleasure to play in your games
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:11 am

Post by The Cabal »

HEM, that was a deeply unhelpful couple of posts.
Dann, you’re also not helping.

In terms of informed. You may note that I said “I’m not informed” before the flip yesterday. Thus, I am immune from such accusations.

In contrast I’m extremely helpful. Never kill me.
-Bell
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:11 am

Post by The Cabal »

Oh hey.
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:12 am

Post by The Cabal »

Yay! We’re the best.

Please ignore my last few posts, I knew it was HEM all along.

-Bell
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:14 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh nice, we won
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:15 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Yay! We win!
Good game, silly people (:

Thanks Anix!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

i knew it was HEM all along but i thought the game would be too easy if we killed him ya for sure
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:19 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm seriously thinking about changing back to my old avatar for a while. <3 Gwen Cooper.

⚗️
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:22 am

In post 914, Dannflor wrote: i knew it was HEM all along but i thought the game would be too easy if we killed him ya for sure
Detective Dannflor had the winning ticket in his pocket but decided to do a detour just to put Zefiend in the ground one last time for funzies.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:23 am

Post by Skygazer »

hell yeah
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:24 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

WePick: Targeted by presumably scum NK-> Town
halfasleep: responsible for scum early elim-> Town
jjh927 -> role can be scum, but his dayplay is town -> Likely town
PookyTheMagicalBear -> Reading through hydra PMs, Anix didnt include Pooky's claim in the oracle, that's interesting -> Null
Dannflor -> Role might have been responsible for NK failing N1 -> Likely Town
humaneatingmonkey - Guilty on them, guiltier also targeted for NK, stalling claim -> Kill it with fire

This were the last reads i posted in hydra chat lol.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:25 am

Post by fferyllt »

I wasn't gonna go against the people who thought we were cleared by Skygazer, but my interpretation of her result along with our "ability"
You will appear
Admin-aligned
in all circumstances that would reveal alignment, including death.

is that getting the result that we were user aligned was a "Cabal lied" result, e.g., guilty.

Idic
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:26 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Imagine discussing reads with your hydra. Sounds crazy lol
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:27 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 332, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i chose smoke and it says you don't have an ability
i learned "He has no night action." for HEM for the record
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 am

Post by Skygazer »

anyways any time i actually manage to get NKd i think its kinda neat

gg
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 920, KayJayQueue wrote: Imagine discussing reads with your hydra. Sounds crazy lol
Bell even coaxed some heads that had never intended to actually play the game to have a look early this morning.

I feel like we were pretty good for an 11 headed monstrosity.

Idic
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 10:29 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Funny thing is, when game was starting i said i wasnt gonna post much, then after we get attacked for our death miller claim i decide to get more involved, and then game just went so autopilot that i was just reading the thread but not doing much. At the end i just threw a reads list to figure stuff out, and it turns out that it was just HEM, with a slight possibility of Pooky, so i didnt have any issues with just ending the day there.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Throne Room [UPick Games]”