Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Sorry I've been gone. Real life has made me really, really busy. :( Anyway, I'm just extremely thankful I made it here in time for the deadline.

Well, I'm scared to do this, but I'm going to do it anyways:

Vote: 12Keyblade

*prays that the game isn't over*
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by KittyMo »

...wait. a. minute.

According to VRK's deadline counter, I'm about 4 minutes after the deadline.

There's no reduced number of votes in LyLo.

We just no lynched.

I just lost the game for the town. Because I'm 4 minutes and 58 seconds late.

I can't believe this is happening... I'm so, so, so sorry. :(
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Dang timezone differences. Gaaaah. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Okay, I'll shut up now. I just feel really stupid. Good game, town. I bet we would have won if I hadn't screwed up.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

- KittyMo

"plz don't swear" -- N
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:16 am

Post by geekalicious »

KittyMo wrote:Dang timezone differences. Gaaaah.

Okay, I'll shut up now. I just feel really stupid. Good game, town. I bet we would have won if I hadn't screwed up.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

- KittyMo
Shh, don't panic yet KittyMo. Let's see what VRK has to say about the matter first. He knows we're in different time zones, maybe he'll be lenient. I hope so....
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Final Day 3 Vote Count

12Keyblade - 2 (geekalicious, ronnieroo)

ronnieroo - 1 (12Keyblade)

Not Voting - 2 (BlueRaven, KittyMo)

3 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Tuesday, September 1.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

There is no leniency when the mob of angry townsfolk come to get you. Although there should have been if you wanted to keep this town out of the Mafia's hands...

No one was lynched Day 3.

KittyMo and 12Keyblade
win the game for the
Mafia
team!!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Role Reveal:

12Keyblade [col]Mafia Goon BlueRaven [col]Townie geekalicious [col]Townie KittyMo ^ [col]Mafia Roleblocker Riddle (Krauthammer, illiniguy09) [col]Townie Raskol (reverendpsycho, Monsieur)[col] Doc ronnieroo [col]Cop Zachrulez (TheFlyingGreenMonkey) [col]Townie xRECKONERx * [col]Townie

Night Actions:

Night 1:

KittyMo NKs xRECKONERx and RBs ronnieroo.
reverendpsycho protects BlueRaven (random.org)
ronnieroo investigates KittyMo.

Night 2:

12Keyblade NKs Raskol.
KittyMo RBs ronnieroo.
Raskol protects KittyMo.
ronnieroo investigates 12Keyblade.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Everyone should use this time to post thoughts and observations about the game. Ask questions and try to figure out what went wrong (and right) with your play and how you can learn from it and improve. Be polite in pointing out mistakes made by others! Conversely, if someone points something out, learn from it – don’t get offended!!

My Observations
:

Town had a chance to win this game if they hadn't lurked their way into a loss in the endgame. This is what happens when you let voting come down to a non-majority lynch. Sometimes you don't get the necessary number of votes.

I'm not recalling anything from earlier in the game.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:03 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well, we had a very inactive town. I had a gut read on 12Keyblade, and just as I got NK'd, I had considered Kitty as a possibility. I know you're not supposed to use the Too Townie fallacy, but that's what it seemed like.

All in all, poor showing by the town. Keyblade and Kitty literally controlled this entire game. Frustrating to watch >=O

Good job, Kitty/Keyblade.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh and @ronnieroo: Awesome Night Actions!
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

But why didn't you claim cop and reveal your guilty finding, ronnie?
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Argh. I don't think I have ever seen a game won by no lynch like that before.

In hindsight, I was WAY too easy on Kittymo, who I should have pressured for voting TFGM over Geek. Kitty should have known better, and as it turns out, I was right to be suspicious about that, I just ended up fingering the wrong person... sorry about that Geek.

Also disappointed in myself for changing my mind about Keyblade. Also shocked that he didn't get lynched on day 2 though...

This shows you what happens when you see so much scummy behavior, and can't focus on who you think is scum.

Oh, and I refused to claim because it would have been harmful to town to do so. All it would have accomplished was telling scum I wasn't power. I didn't want to give the scum an excuse to do anything because of a claim by me, and felt that the reactions from my lynch would be better without a claim. You guys could have also backed off after I claimed, which I thought would have been even worse than claiming. (Especially if we failed to lynch scum after that.)

And I really did earn that lynch. I'm not proud of my play in this game.

Also part of me wishes I had let the town just lynch Blueraven even though I knew he was town. (Since he ended up not voting in lylo) Oh well.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

xRECKONERx wrote:Well, we had a very inactive town. I had a gut read on 12Keyblade, and just as I got NK'd, I had considered Kitty as a possibility. I know you're not supposed to use the Too Townie fallacy, but that's what it seemed like.

All in all, poor showing by the town. Keyblade and Kitty literally controlled this entire game. Frustrating to watch >=O

Would have probably gone a lot better for us had I not changed my mind about keyblade. Power of hindsight and all.

Kitty's attack on TFGM was scummy, but I ended up attacking the newbie for it instead of her. That was a massive mistake.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Zachrulez »

xRECKONERx wrote:But why didn't you claim cop and reveal your guilty finding, ronnie?
She was roleblocked both nights. She didn't get any results.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Shit, I didn't see the N1 roleblock.
green shirt thursdays
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:03 am

Post by KittyMo »

Well, Vel kinda summed up the game here:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote: "It's the quiet ones you gotta watch...Well while you're watching the quiet one I bet a noisy one will fucking kill you..."
Keyblade and I agreed that we could post our private messages, so here they are:

Night 0 Communications:

12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: Hello 12Keyblade,

I have never played as scum before, so I'm admittedly a little nervous, but I don't think you've played scum either.... Hehe. I've only ever played as a Vanilla Townie (which I think is also the same as you.) I'm your roleblocker partner, so it's in our best interest to keep me alive as long as possible.

So, um, any Day 1 strategies? I think we should probably find an easy newbie target and jump on that bandwagon. And we'll probably kill our IC Night 1. But, we'll see how it goes. For now, I think we should just go with the flow.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to playing with you! Let me know if you have any questions, as I've been playing (at least on this site) longer than you.

- KittyMo
I concur with your analysis.

For the record, Pizzadudes is mah bro, but there's no chance I'm telling him I'm scum! So we might NK him too.

Yeah, as for D1, once a wagon gets support from both experienced, or strong support from one, we should jump on. Also, if a wagon on one of us looks likely, don't be afraid to jump on me!

I'm considering staging an argument D1 between us about a "slip-up." Thoughts?

-----------------------------

Oh, and haha.

1. Pizzadudes isn't playing.

2. If there's a doc, there's a cop and vice versa. There's either a doc&cop, or neither in this setup.
Only problem with your experienced plan is that I AM one of the experienced players! Hehe. So, we can probably go with what the IC says.

And as for the mini-argument: Good idea.

You can go ahead and confirm, unless there's something else we should talk about... I think we'll just wing it for now.

- KittyMo
And herein lies an issue of mine; not reading carefully enough! Ah well, good luck today!
Night 1 Communications:

KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
I lurve scum!

No, the DC ref is b/c that's where I just was, so it would make sense for me to brag talk about it.

"investigate" geek, b/c ronnie looks more town.

Geek or illin should be a good lynch. Geek looks scummy and illin is lurking. So is Blue...

Send them in at 8:55 your time. You can send them both (I don't want to be responsible

Scum is fun!

I'll be on till about 9 my time (6 yours) so we can continue to plot and cackle evilly. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I lurve scum.
I seriously do not understand why all the townies are convinced that Geek is scummy. He's just a raw newbie; cut him some slack, guys, why don't you? But, hey, that might work in my favor - by not going with what the town says, and staying off the wagon, I'll look less scummy. Only problem with that is, what if he's about to get lynched? Do I claim cop and that I got an innocent on him? If there's a counterclaim, that would be inconvenient...I think a illinoy lynch or a BlueRaven lynch is going to be best. Perhaps reverendpsycho, depending on how things go with him? (He's probably getting a replacement soon.)

I dislike being in my other game where I'm a VT now because being scum is just so much more interesting. Lol. Especially since everyone is going after me because I had a blonde moment.

I shouldn't be getting off, except for dinner sometime between 7 and 8:30 your time, so the plotting should be well-dealt with.
Listen, I'm not gonna complain about the dumb sheep townies being lead around by Zach paranoia.

I think we should wait a little bit to see who to lynch. See what bandwagons have steam, etc.

I have to get off for dinner soon.

Code for who I think we should lynch:

Washington Monument: BlueRaven
Capitol Building: geekalicious
White House: illiniguy09
Arlington National Cemetery: reverendpsycho
Lincoln Memorial: ronnieroo
Jefferson Memorial: xRECKONERx

Only if nessecary. If I talk about them, they are lynchable.

I have to get off for dinner soon, but I should be back b4 the deadline hits.
Right...I forgot that Reckoner could be doctor protected. Hmmm. I still think we should NK him. At least then we'll know the setup.

Yeah, a lot of Zach's ending posts made me lmao. Just, how sure he was that I wasn't scum. And I'm surprised no one refuted my case - I was sure trying to twist a lot of his statements. Good thing it was so long nobody read into it that far!

Maybe bring up 2 of those as a code - the one you talk about first is the main lynch target, the second being the backup. (In case the first roleclaims, etc.) But the code idea is very clever.

Hope your dinner is yummy!
yeah, I could active lurk. I dunno, sometimes I do that anyway.

My dinner was delicious! Chicken with colony sauce...
Mmm. Sounds yummy.

I'm back. I had to go do a Japanese Roleplaying thing.

I can't really think of anything else we need to plan. I'm not going to buss you; that's so overdone.
Yay! No bussing!

I'm OK with you sending the kill in now. Just make sure to not completly ignore the other, or I'll feel unloved.

I'll try to stop rolefishing.

I'm excited! Good luck "tomorrow!"
Good luck. Sending in now. Though you might be offline.

GO SCUMTEAM. We are so going to pwn the cute little townies again.

Remember to give me the signal. And I'll remember to buddy Geeki.

KittyMo
Gotcha. Good luck!

die suck die townies suck die die
KittyMo to Vel-Rahn Koon wrote wrote: I am the messenger for the scum faction. :twisted: I would like to
nightkill
Reckoner and
roleblock
Ronnieroo.

I'm happy I actually got to talk to my partner tonight. The townies weren't listening to my hinting... :/ I was scared there for a bit.

So, um, we're ready for Day 2 to start whenever you are...
Yays. :D Let's cross our fingers that Reckoner actually dies and that we used our roleblock well...

- KittyMo ;)
Night 2 Communications:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote:

You weren't supposed to hammer til the deadline so we could have more discussion time. >_> I'm honestly really scared of you getting lynched, because all the times we were talking about random crap might incriminate me.

I also think the whole "I'm the cop and you're the doctor" plan is out the window, because I didn't do a good enough job staying off Geek. My bad. =/ Oh well.

Is there anything else we need to figure out? I think we're probably going to have to try and get Blue or Geek lynched tomorrow. Ronnie's too town.
Yeah, not a chance of ronnie's lynch.

I think *knocks on wood* that it might be an all vanilla game. I really, really hope so, because if there's a cop, I'm sure they're all over me tonight.

I think that BlueRaven might be an easier lynch tomorrow, but I can't vote for him until someone presents an excellent case. We have to make sure that nobody votes until we're sure "because scum can speedlynch "
Well, only way we're screwed is if BlueRaven is the cop. Because Raskol will be dead, ronnie will be roleblocked, Geek's a VT, and we're scum. And BlueRaven didn't even think your hammer was scummy, so I find it unlikely he'd investigate you for that. But, *knocks on wood*, it just doesn't seem likely to me that we've been totally missing the power roles so far.

I think we're pretty good planning wise...is there anything else we need to discuss?

Random Question: Is your name Alex?
Random answer: Yes. Are you a stalker?
Kind of. :p I was trying to figure out which site Monsieur was talking to you on, and it only really showed up with (your?) YouTube account. I didn't comment cuz I didn't want to get in trouble from VRK. That, and all I have on there are stupid videos of my cat. =D

I'll send in the NK and the roleblock as late as possible, again. So, Wednesday at 8:55pm my time I suppose.
Yeah, that's mine I'm working on better stuff, promise. Anyway, if you're gifted with a brilliant strategy before then, go ahead and---wait, one just hit me.

Send the choices in now. That way, day breaks earlier and I can answer for the hammer before I leave.
Good idea. Though I like having a break from the game during the night phase, it's time to finish this game up.

Good luck, Keyblade, since this will be the last time we PM as scumbuddies. If either of us get lynched, we're no longer allowed to PM strategy. So, good luck, and may the force be with us!

- KittyMo

(I'll forward you the NK/RB PM once I send it, and then I'll PM you letting you know when VRK receives it.)
OK. Good luck to you too.

Do you mind if I post these after the game ends?
Not at all. I actually had the massive quote pyramids worked out from Night 0 and Night 1, and was meaning to ask you about that... But I obviously forgot. xD
KittyMo wrote: I'm the messenger for the scum faction, again. I'm here to let you know that we'd like to nightkill Raskol and roleblock Ronnieroo.

Have a nice day! :)

- KittyMo
That's what I send VRK.
OK, cool. Good luck!

*prays*

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:59 am

Post by KittyMo »

Good game, everyone. :)

First off, I just wanted to thank everyone in this game. This is by far my most favorite game that I've played on this site. Thanks for being part of this experience with me. I've never been scum before, let alone a roleblocker, so coming into the game I was scared half to death, and thought we would lose for sure. Seriously, just seeing my name and the word scummy in the same post sent shivers up my spine Day 1. I tried to mostly lurk through Day 1 until I found someone who I thought I could get lynched, while looking protown. Day 2 and Day 3, my focus was appearing as helpful and protown as possible.

While my focus Day 1 & 2 was getting Keyblade and I as far as possible, he'd acted so scummy that on Day 3, my plan was to buss him & get him lynched, then on Day 4 kill someone besides Geek, and get Geek to lynch whoever I didn't NK. About 2 days before the deadline, I noticed that people STILL weren't voting, so I decided to keep lurking and see what would happen. Well, nothing happened August 31st, so on September 1st, I opened up VRK's deadline counter and would check the time til I'd win periodically. Once ronnie voted about 2 hours before the deadline, I freaked myself out that BlueRaven might appear, so I opened up the main page (to see if I could spot him being one of the online users) and the thread (to see if I could fake a simul-post if I did end up missing him.) So, I spent about 2 hours refreshing both of those pages every minute. Paranoia is insane. =o

During that time, though, I plotted being about 5 minutes late for voting, so I could have the fun of tricking anyone who showed up before VRK made it official. If we were asked for a nightkill, I would've nightkilled ronnieroo, as a sort of proof that she really was the twice-roleblocked cop. So, yeah, that's pretty much how the game went down. ~ Ask me if you have any questions about it.

VRK - You're a wonderful mod; among my favorites on this site. Sorry you had to prod me twice. =(

Zachrulez - I was so excited to have you lynched Day 1! You were one of the smartest players of the game, an IC, and to top it all off, know my meta better than anyone else in the game. I felt bad playing such a large role in getting you lynched, though, since you so honestly believed I was town. =/ At least we're getting-each-other-lynched-Day-1-buddies now. Hahaha. Let's be on the same team next game. :) Ummmm, I don't think you actually deserved your lynch until you started being a sore loser about it.

Reckoner - I wanted you dead because you scared me. In a good way. xD You seemed most likely to catch on to me, and you began catching on to Keyblade early on. Having both ICs silenced by Day 2 was a big blessing in this game, because then I could take on the role of being the most nice and helpful player. It was tempting when I saw you on scumchat yesterday to say "Oh, Reckoner, you're going to lose Newbie 810 in about 6 hours. Just so you know." :p

Riddle - It really sucks replacing scummy players and not being able to change the town's mind. =[ Next time, I'd reccommend posting more analysis when you replace in.

Raskol - You were scary. I did not want you alive in LyLo because you were most likely to make the right decision. We actually didn't have a clue that you were the doctor. We figured there were no power roles... I was kinda happy that Monsieur replaced out, since he was the only one in the entire game that had considered that I could be scum. Apparently, though, you were under my spell as well, since you protected me Night 2. Thanks for that! :P

ronnieroo - I accept your congratulations for my awesome roleblocking. *bows* The reason I wanted to roleblock you Night 1 was because you seemed the most power role-ish, your comment about me being the doc, and you tended to be second in line for the night kill. Night 2, we were pretty convinced it was a no-PR game, but I decided to roleblock you again because, well, it was either you or BlueRaven, and it seemed pretty unlikely that he was the cop. When VRK announced the death of our doctor, I totally freaked out, because I realized we had a cop. It had to be either you or BlueRaven, and if BlueRaven was the cop, we were pretty much done for. When BlueRaven claimed VT, I just about died laughing, and I again died laughing when I found out you'd targetted both scum. You also scared me a lot when you brought up the "too sparkly to be mafia" bit. I was like, "Oh crap, she's figured out my strategy!" Dx You were a good cop, but you could've made it less obvious that you were the cop. You can improve as a player mostly by posting more content; it's difficult for fellow townies to get a read on you when you post so little. :) You could also vote more... :)

BlueRaven - I thought I had you wrapped around my finger until Day 3, when you suddenly decided I was scum. It was frustrating that I couldn't defend myself against your attacks, though, since they were mostly gut. Anyways, I think this game has improved you as a player a lot, and if you keep working at it you will one day become a great scumhunter. Something for you to work on is voicing your opinion more. You might've helped convince people I was scum if you talked more in general.

Geekalicious - Sorry you were so convinced I was town. :) Your read on Keyblade was excellent, though. I think this game has taught you a lot. The entire game, I honestly never understood why anyone found you scummy. I definitely see you becoming a great scumhunter in the near future. Hope we can play on the same side sometime!

12Keyblade - You definitely made this game more fun for me. Active lurking together, and plotting against the town and cackling evilly was a great experience. I think you were a bit overeager sometimes, but all in all, you were a fun partner to have. Sorry if you didn't like it when I bussed you. =o

Myself - I could work on acting how I do as town more. Seriously, I bet if any of you saw my VT meta after I claimed VT, you would've lynched me. I was too smart this game. Hmmm, I made a few slips here and there, particularly on my attack on TFGM, but overall, I think I played pretty well. :)

Good game, everyone. I'd love to play with all of you again. <3 Thanks for letting me have so much fun manipulating you!

Cheers,
Kitty

Feel free to ask me any other questions about the game, but I think I've mostly covered everything. :)

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:02 am

Post by KittyMo »

xRECKONERx wrote:Well, we had a very inactive town. I had a gut read on 12Keyblade, and just as I got NK'd, I had considered Kitty as a possibility. I know you're not supposed to use the Too Townie fallacy, but that's what it seemed like.

Thanks! See, I'm glad I killed you N1, I knew you'd figure me out before anyone else did. Having both ICs dead made controlling the game easy as pie, because I could basically take on the good parts of being an IC without the bad parts. =]

Speaking of that, I have 5 completed games now. I can go be an IC for real now! =D

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:
Zachrulez - I was so excited to have you lynched Day 1! You were one of the smartest players of the game, an IC, and to top it all off, know my meta better than anyone else in the game. I felt bad playing such a large role in getting you lynched, though, since you so honestly believed I was town. =/ At least we're getting-each-other-lynched-Day-1-buddies now. Hahaha. Let's be on the same team next game. :) Ummmm, I don't think you actually deserved your lynch until you started being a sore loser about it.
:(

In this game, I have learned that suspecting 4 people at the same time is not the way to go about playing a mafia newbie game as town.

As to your following commentary about your VT meta, I actually had you pegged as a power role, so claiming vanilla would have probably given you some problems if I had still been around. Great foresight on that lynch... *shakes fist.*
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 am

Post by geekalicious »

*sigh* Well, I will congratulate you KittyMo for being so great at being scum. I honestly don't recall have anything to suspect you for.

One of the main things I would change about my play in the game would be how I handled when Riddle was getting lynched. I just had a very nasty feeling about that lynch, but I was afraid that if he flipped scum after I had defended him heavily then it would be considered a scum tell and lead to me being lynched on Day 3. Very, very bad decision in retrospect and I should have gone with my gut feeling on the situation.

Also, I'm just all round upset with the heavy lurking by town on Day 3, though (myself included). If the town had more active players, then I think we could have at least brought down 12Keyblade.

Anyway, thank you guys for an all round interesting game. I've honestly never done a mafia game before and I think this was a pretty good introduction.

And Zachrulez, no hard feelings for you wanting to lynch me (though that tantrum before the lynch was.... alright, it was kind of funny :) ). I was acting like a newbie scum ball on Day 1, so I really don't blame you.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 am

Post by KittyMo »

Zachrulez wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
:(

In this game, I have learned that suspecting 4 people at the same time is not the way to go about playing a mafia newbie game as town.

As to your following commentary about your VT meta, I actually had you pegged as a power role, so claiming vanilla would have probably given you some problems if I had still been around. Great foresight on that lynch... *shakes fist.*
Honestly, I didn't want anyone dead as much as I wanted you dead, so being able to orchestrate your mislynch was almost too good to be true. I would've argued that you should die N1 if you'd still been alive then.

Yeah, I was acting a lot like a power role. If I'd counterclaimed ronnie with actual results, we might've gotten her lynched. I was just too lazy to pull it off.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:29 am

Post by KittyMo »

geekalicious wrote:*sigh* Well, I will congratulate you KittyMo for being so great at being scum. I honestly don't recall have anything to suspect you for.
:( You're the person I feel worst about having lost the game. You were trying your best, posting a lot, and caught onto Keyblade quickly. Sorry if you felt bad about being tricked at the end there; I wanted to do something dramatic. :)
geekalicious wrote: One of the main things I would change about my play in the game would be how I handled when Riddle was getting lynched. I just had a very nasty feeling about that lynch, but I was afraid that if he flipped scum after I had defended him heavily then it would be considered a scum tell and lead to me being lynched on Day 3. Very, very bad decision in retrospect and I should have gone with my gut feeling on the situation.
I know the feeling, and I've actually done it before, and it's a really bad thing to do. =/ Day 2 always seems like a really bad day in Newbie Games.
geekalicious wrote: Also, I'm just all round upset with the heavy lurking by town on Day 3, though (myself included). If the town had more active players, then I think we could have at least brought down 12Keyblade.
I think you and I were the only ones who posted enough on Day 3. I don't think you're to blame. I do feel bad for having such an easy victory, but it would've basically confirmed me as town if I'd voted anyways, so...
geekalicious wrote: Anyway, thank you guys for an all round interesting game. I've honestly never done a mafia game before and I think this was a pretty good introduction.
Yeah, I think it was a pretty good game. It'll be a lesson to not lurk for everyone who plays it or reads it! :) Lurking is duuuumb in my opinion.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

geekalicious wrote:*sigh* Well, I will congratulate you KittyMo for being so great at being scum. I honestly don't recall have anything to suspect you for.

One of the main things I would change about my play in the game would be how I handled when Riddle was getting lynched. I just had a very nasty feeling about that lynch, but I was afraid that if he flipped scum after I had defended him heavily then it would be considered a scum tell and lead to me being lynched on Day 3. Very, very bad decision in retrospect and I should have gone with my gut feeling on the situation.

Also, I'm just all round upset with the heavy lurking by town on Day 3, though (myself included). If the town had more active players, then I think we could have at least brought down 12Keyblade.

Anyway, thank you guys for an all round interesting game. I've honestly never done a mafia game before and I think this was a pretty good introduction.

And Zachrulez, no hard feelings for you wanting to lynch me (though that tantrum before the lynch was.... alright, it was kind of funny :) ). I was acting like a newbie scum ball on Day 1, so I really don't blame you.
Well, I didn't realize that both scum had actually voted for me when I had reached 3 votes.

But still... I think I would have lynched me in this game. I couldn't decide who I thought was actually scum, (I should have stuck with keyblade... :D) and ended up looking like a scumball myself.

Your vote for TFGM was scummy, but Kittymo's was scummier because she wasn't a newbie. My ignorance to that fact probably had something to do with unceremoniously lynching her as a VT in the previous game I played with her, I ended up giving her too much leeway, and paid for it.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Also, I gotta say that the part of the game that probably amused me the most was when Keyblade immediately called Ronnieroo scum after she claimed cop after having a town read on her all game in general. How he was not immediately and unceremoniously lynched after that... I will never know.

You couldn't have written "I WANT TO LYNCH THE COP!" in bigger letters if you tried.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:44 am

Post by KittyMo »

Zachrulez wrote: Your vote for TFGM was scummy, but Kittymo's was scummier because she wasn't a newbie. My ignorance to that fact probably had something to do with unceremoniously lynching her as a VT in the previous game I played with her, I ended up giving her too much leeway, and paid for it.
Yeahhhh I'm a pretty stupid VT. :) I'll get better someday...
Zachrulez wrote: Also, I gotta say that the part of the game that probably amused me the most was when Keyblade immediately called Ronnieroo scum after she claimed cop after having a town read on her all game in general. How he was not immediately and unceremoniously lynched after that... I will never know.
Because I didn't tell them to. :P Nobody ever did anything Day 3 unless I told them to.

"plz don't swear" -- N

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”