Diplomacy- Spring 1904

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Diplomacy- Spring 1904

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Time for another crack at the ultimate game of alliances and backstabbing in a way that is not obviously ripped off from CDB's version of the game! I'm looking for seven players to take up the mantle of major European powers and get to negotiatin'.

Rules are here and are fairly simple for new players - the complexity of Diplomacy is almost entirely in your dealings with other players rather than the mechanics themselves. If you've not played before, give them a look over to see if it's for you but newbies are certainly welcome. I'm also happy to take questions about the rules via PM.

I'll be modding, using Backstabbr to process orders.

Deadlines:
With the exception of Spring 1901, which will last for 96 hours, each Spring and Autumn phase will allow 72 hours for players to talk before orders must be submitted to me via PM. Retreats and build phases will be deadlined to 48 hours, or 72 hours if such time would include a weekend.

CDB
Sudo-specific rules:

• Do not attempt to deceive me with orders. If you send me an invalid order in Spring 1901 and I spot it before deadline, I will point this out to you and allow you to resubmit if you have time, but I will not do this in future turns. You may deliberately submit an invalid order but I will not attempt to 'correct' anything; invalid orders will be treated as if no order was submitted. You may ask me via PM what would and would not be considered a valid order if you need to do so.
  • When issuing convoy orders, I will accept either implict orders (A Lon - Pic) or explicit orders (A Lon - Eng - Pic).
  • If seven game years pass without a supply centre changing hands, the game will end in a draw between all remaining powers (it probably won't come to that).
  • If you send multiple sets of orders before deadline, I will take the most recent PM only.
    All previous orders will be disregarded
    so include a full list of orders in each new PM.
  • Please do not take screenshots of PMs sent about this game to pass on to other players; if you want to tell X what Y said to you, you should say it second-hand.

Signing up and power allocation:
I'll take the first seven players. When you /in, please send me a PM listing the seven great powers in preference order, with 1 being your most preferred and 7 your least preferred. You may not give more than one power equal ranking. I'll then resolve allocation based on preferences.

Powers:

Ciara - England
Klick
Edosurist- Austria
CDB - Turkey
MarioManiac
JDGA- Italy
vonflare - France
2birds - Russia
Salamence - Germany

Current Map:
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 19 times in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:48 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

THIS IS A THING THAT I WANT IN MY LIFE. /in

Also recommend updating that part about jDip before it gives you two hours of extra work.
#greenshirtthursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Well, I haven't started anything yet, so if jDip doesn't work, I'll just switch to Backstabbr or something. We'll see when I get home.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:39 am

Post by Klick »

I was thinking about starting one of these soon, thanks for doing it for me. :D /in
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by AcRv »

If jDip does mess up after too many years, you can use the edit mode to start a new game with everyone starting off exactly how it was when the first game started not working. Then you won't have to replay the entire game.

I would rejoin but my holidays just ended and the amount of shenanigans I'd find myself involved with would make playing really difficult to manage with my workload.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
Ciara24
Ciara24
Goon
Ciara24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:56 am

Post by Ciara24 »

/in!

I've never played before but it looks like fun!
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:30 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

hmmmmm
/in to regret this
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by vonflare »

/in to
destroy
alliance Mario.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Klick »

Yessss two more :D
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

*Shrug*

/in
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Mario, vonflare, and Salamence have not yet submitted preferences. Also, 1 more to start!
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

/in
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Post by AcRv »

$20 to whoever knocks out 2turds
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:53 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just vonflare left to submit a list. I'd like to get it started tonight, so I'll randomize something for vonflare if I've not received one in 8 hours or so from this post.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Power assignment is complete:

Ciara - England
Klick - Austria
CDB - Turkey
MarioManiac - Italy
vonflare - France
2birds - Russia
Salamence - Germany

And so is Europe plunged into war, each nation inexplicably commanded by a brand new leader. In completely unrelated news, physicists today announced the detection of a massive quantum buildup; almost as if a parallel universe had been split off...

Orders are due by:
(expired on 2015-08-16 16:30:00)

Note that, because starting diplomacy is so important, you have a week for the first turn to work out your complicated arrangements.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, fun fact: of the seven players, six ranked Italy or Russia as their first pick. So, 4 people were destined to be disappointed.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:34 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

HI GUYS :D
I picked Italy because italy is cool and stuffs :wink:

I hope I dont go out first, that would be horrible :(
But let's just see how this goes! The wall of rules. Is. Massive. Though. I don't even know how to move around in this
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:35 am

Post by Klick »

Hey guys, let's have a good game. Wasn't expecting Austria, but I'll take it!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 16, MarioManiac4 wrote:HI GUYS :D
I picked Italy because italy is cool and stuffs :wink:

I hope I dont go out first, that would be horrible :(
But let's just see how this goes! The wall of rules. Is. Massive. Though. I don't even know how to move around in this

Don't be afraid to ask. The rules are quite simple in operation, though they do require getting used to. I'm also willing to help with orders in Spring 1901, just in case; though this means "Making sure orders are legal", not actual strategy advice.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:09 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Hello everyone! I'm visting friends until Tuesday evening (BST) and only on my ipad so might not be as proactive with early PMs until then but I strongly believe in regular and open communication with every player. So talk to me! I'll reply as quickly as possible but might need you guys to make first contact over next 24 hours, just for my userfriendliness on this thing.

There will also be EXCITING FLAVOUR FROM TURKEY when I'm back at my keyboard!

People who talk to me most often are more likely to get friendly treatment from Turkey!
#greenshirtthursdays
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

In post 19, ChannelDelibird wrote:There will also be EXCITING FLAVOUR FROM TURKEY when I'm back at my keyboard!
I fully approve of this.

Also, hi Klick
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Oh hey, von flare's here too. Hi von flare.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by vonflare »

Hello sir
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by vonflare »

Yes

I am always watching

Every thread
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

hallo meine Landsleute. ich bin Salamence 20.. Ich wünsche Ihnen allen ein gutes Spiel, das den Krieg geht. Auch Angst ME.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”