This thread is for the purpose of advertising upcoming Mish Mash games. It is NOT a queue for players or moderators. If you're new to the Mish Mash forum, or viewing this for the first time, please read these rules, and post here if your question is not answered.
In Mish Mash, most games take signups in their own threads. Signing up is often a matter of posting "/in" or something similar, but read the moderator's first post—sometimes additional information is required. Occasionally, PMing the moderator or filling out an application is required. There are no prerequisites for modding a Mish Mash game—you are free to start any game you want. However, it is STRONGLY recommended that you make a post here with some basic information about your game, whether you'll be accepting pre-/ins (and how many), and a link to the thread when it is ready to run. This makes it easier for players to find your game. Be aware that abandoning games, unnecessarily changing rules, or acting unfairly/capriciously towards players may result in you being required to seek a ruleset review or find an experienced co-mod before starting future games.
Important things to note:
- All large-scale, socially-based games should be announced or asked about in the Large Social Game Queue. If you are unsure as to whether a game should be part of that queue or not, PM either myself or xofelf and both of us should get back to you shortly.
- Each game is permitted to have one thread in the main Mish Mash forum. Additional threads may be created in the Frogstar World B subforum and linked to via the main thread. It is recommended that additional threads be tagged in brackets.
- Moderators of Mish Mash games may request the ability to create Private Topics for their games. PM me with your request, which should include what the topics will be used for and why you would like to use them over other methods.
If a player has posted something against the forum rules, use the report button in the top right corner of their post. This is the fastest way to get it dealt with. In any other situation, try to resolve the issue through the game's moderator first, and PM me if you are still not satisfied. If you are modding a game and get an issue you feel you can't or don't know how to resolve, feel free to PM me about it and I will do whatever I can to help. If asked to do so, I will keep you anonymous.
If you are playing a game and the mod has flaked, PM any listed backup mods and me and I'll arrange for the backup mod to take over the thread. (If need be, I'll try to find a replacement mod.) Threads which have not been posted in for three months or more will be moved to the Sens-O-Tape Archive. If you think there's a good reason for a thread not to be moved, or to be moved back, PM me about it.
LARGE SOCIAL GAME RULES
- In games of an anonymous nature, both players and mods are expected to respect that game's rules regarding anonymity. If the identities of players will be revealed to spectators, this should be disclosed to the players beforehand.
- Mods of large social games are expected to adhere to game design that does not explicitly favor any specific player over another. If you have game mechanics in mind that might violate this rule, players must be made aware of the mechanic while the game is in signups.
- Players of large social games are expected to be respectful towards mods, and the same is expected of mods towards players. We are very aware that these are highly emotional games, but a lot of commitment is put in for these games by both sides, and that commitment should not be taken lightly.
- Violation of these rules can result in either a warning or a ban from playing and/or modding large social games for a 2-month period, depending on the severity.
- If an issue arises that compromises the integrity of an anonymous game, it will be handled immediately. If an issue cannot be handled during the game without compromising anonymity, it will be handled once the game has finished.
A list of ongoing/starting games can be found in the next post.
See also the Large Social Game Queue run by xofelf.
Useful reading for mods:
StrangerCoug's Guide to Mish Mash Modding by StrangerCoug