The Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

The Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Venrob »

Welcome. You have all been kidnapped, and you have woken up in a strange room. It takes you a while, but you manage to solve a rather... odd puzzle and escape the room through a hatch on the ceiling.
One of the first things you noticed was the odd bracelet you were wearing. You couldn't seem to take it off.

Once you escaped the room, you found others- all also wearing these strange bracelets. How would you get out of here? Why had you been taken? Who had taken you here? What was this place? These questions all raced through your mind. You knew only one thing for now; a strange rabbit just appeared on a screen in front of you all.

The strange rabbit explained to you all the rules of this place... and how you can escape!

Players of current edition:
1.Elekitu

Spoiler: Rules
Bracelets and Teams:

1. Each of your bracelets is either Red, Blue, or Green, and displays either Pair or Solo.
-2 players who are "PAIR"s of the same color act as a single player for most purposes.
2. After a set amount of time, the Chromatic Doors will open. These are the Magenta, Cyan, and Yellow doors in this room. You must go through them in a team of 3, based on your colors (see Chromatic Doors below)
3. You cannot remove your bracelet. If you attempt to do so, or if you break any rules, your bracelet will inject you with the anesthetic Soporil Beta, and then the muscle relaxant Tubocurarine. This will prevent you from breathing, and you will die.

Chromatic Doors:

You must enter the Chromatic Doors in teams of 3. If you fail to do so, you will be injected by your bracelet and die.
You must enter with a colorset that matches the door. For instance, Red + Blue = Magenta, allowing either the Red Pair + the Blue Solo, or the Red Solo + the Blue Pair, to enter the Magenta door. You can also enter if your color is complementary to the door- Ex. Blue + Green = Cyan, so the Red Pair and the Red Solo can enter the Cyan door. See below for a full chart of all possible combinations.

Team Communication:

You may privately communicate with your partner if you are in a Pair You will be given a QuickTopic.. Note that after each AB game the pairs will change, and as such your communication will be cut off.
Once you have entered a chromatic door in a team of 3, the 3 of you may communicate through Google Sheets chat. This will be explained later.

Inside the Chromatic Doors:

Reminiscent of the game this is based off of (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward), there will be a puzzle to solve inside the Chromatic Doors. Because this is being done as a forum game, this will be a simple game of Sudoku, played in Google Sheets. The link to your puzzle will be PM'd to you once everyone enters their Chromatic Doors (Or time runs out for them to do so, and they die). You will have a relatively large amount of time to solve this puzzle- dependent on the other players. Once you solve this puzzle, you will receive a one-use key to open the AB rooms in the main warehouse room (Which is your current location). Once someone uses one of these keys, the clock starts ticking for anyone who has not yet solved their puzzles. You are not required to use the key as soon as you obtain it- so you may wait for everyone else to return from their puzzles, or be an ass and open it early. They might not be happy with you for that, though. It could cause their death!

If an entire team of 3 is not present in the AB rooms when time runs out, they will be injected by their bracelets, and die. Specifically, at least one of the team of 3 MUST submit a vote for the AB game.'
Any non-voters will be automatically set to Ally, unless none of their group of 3 voted- in which case their bracelets kill them.

Spoiler: How to escape and The AB rooms
Escape:

There is a large door to your left with a 9 on it. This is the only way to escape here. You can only open it if you have 9 or more BP (The number on your bracelet, which starts at 3). Once the door is open, anyone with 9 or more BP may pass through the door unharmed. Anyone who attempts to pass through the door with insufficient BP will be injected by their bracelets. The number 9 door will remain open for 9 hours once opened, and then it will close FOREVER. Anyone remaining inside will lose the game. Anyone escaping will win.

The AB rooms:

After completing the puzzle in your Chromatic Door, you are able to open your AB rooms. There are 6 rooms in total- each Pair will share an AB room, while each Solo gets their own.
Once inside the AB room, you will play a game based off of the Prisoners Dilemma. Your opponent is whoever you were just teamed with during the Chromatic Doors- So, if for example, Pair A and Solo B entered a door, Pair A would be facing Solo B in the AB Game.
The AB game is simple- you either choose Ally or Betray. If both you and your opponent choose Ally, you both gain 2 BP. If you both choose Betray, nothing happens. If one of you chooses Ally, and the other chooses Betray... The person who chose Ally loses 2 points, and the person who chose Betray gains 3. For the purposes of this, a Pair counts as a single player. The first person in a Pair to tell me their decision will have their choice made. It is recommended that you consult your partner, but you can easily just choose without them aswell.

Once your BP reaches 9, you are able to escape. If your BP drops below 0, you will be injected by your bracelet.

Chromatic Door Combinations:

(Graphic stolen from Elekitu)

Spoiler: Other Information
There will be a period of time between the end of the AB game and the opening of the next Chromatic Doors. During this time, you may all discuss in the thread, and may "Explore" the areas that are open to you. After each AB game, I will list the accessible rooms. The order in which they become accessible and what color door leads to which room will most likely be inconsistent with the original game.
During this time, you may PM me with an action. For example, "I go to the lounge and have a drink". I will tell you if you are able to do your action, and if anything happens due to it. Knowing the original game may help you in some cases, as far as figuring out what you can do. Although, you can simply say "I explore the lounge" and I will tell you what you are able to find in there, at the cost of not being able to perform another action for some amount of time (because you spent time searching). It will take less time if you are more specific- say, "I search the infirmary for painkillers" takes less time than "I search the infirmary". This may end up being useless, depending on what you do. This is by no means required to win, although there may be some hidden secrets, some of which may assist you in winning.

Should you find something you deem important for the group, you may tell me that you wish to share it. At this point I will announce your findings in the thread. This is limited in what you can reveal, however. Should you show the group something you found, they may look at it themselves- thus it is not easy to hide any information about something you have announced.

Roles:

Some players may have roles PM'd to them. Certain roles will have certain objectives in the game, other than to simply escape.

Using the Keys:

Once you solve your puzzle, the thread will be unlocked. Post at any time stating "I open the AB room" to open the doors. Once the doors have opened, you may PM me saying either Ally or Betray.

There will be 9 players. You may either /in here or via PM. Once 9 players are reached, no more players will be accepted. Replacements are not allowed, due to the trust involved in the game.
If any clarification of the rules is required, please feel free to ask.
Last edited by Venrob on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by JDGA »

Uh... you do realise Elekitu is already running this game over here, right?
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Venrob »

This is a bit different than that one... this one includes the entire bunker, not just the warehouse; and has a few interesting twists.
Also, if you notice the image at the bottom of my post... which says it was stolen from Elekitu... Yeah, I noticed that game being there.
I'm back!
Elekitu
Elekitu
Townie
Elekitu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:32 pm

Post by Elekitu »

There can be only one
/in, so I can destroy this game from the inside
"Some things are hard to understand, like jellyfish. Do you understand jellyfish? People are like jellyfish for me : I don't understand"
~ Rin Tezuka, Katawa Shoujo

The Ambidex Game, a game of alliance, betrayal and manipulation.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”