Duel Arena

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Duel Arena

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Ircher »

Welcome to the duel arena!

Hosted by Ircher

Basic Description

The way this works is two players signup and submit character templates. Then, those two players will duel each other and whoever is more skilled in battle wins! The way you design your character will affect your strengths and weaknesses, but I am the final arbiter and judge here! Oh, and one last thing: we're using medieval style weaponry here; in particular, guns are not allowed.

Spoiler: Character Template
Character Name:
Name of your character; feel free to use your forum username if you cannot think of anything else. This has no effect on your effectiveness in battle.

Combat Style:
One of melee, ranged or magic. Certain styles are more effective against one and less against the other. (Melee beats Ranged which beats Magic which beats Melee; think Rock-Paper-Scissors here.)
Strengths:
(Max of 3)
Your character's strengths. Uber characters will be rejected, so don't even try. Maximum of 3 strengths; be creative here!

Weaknesses:
(Requires at least 2)
Your character's weaknesses. These weaknesses ought to be reasonable and actually able to be taken advantage of during combat. You are required to give your character at least two weaknesses.

Weapon:
Uber weapons will be ignored. Your weapon must fit your combat style and make it unique (it doesn't necessarily have to be realistic, and I encourage you to do otherwise). This is your character's weapon and their primary power, so make it unique! Reasonable special characteristics about your weapon are not only allowed, but encouraged.

Ultimate Ability:
Broken and/or unfun ultimate abilities will be rejected. This is an ability that could turn the tide of combat if used well. You can only use it once per match, so make sure you think up a good one! Creativity is greatly encouraged here. (And yes, you must give it a name.)

Anything in italics are not required.

Example:
Player Name:
Ircher
Combat Style:
Ranged
Strengths:
(Max 3) Reflexes, Memory, Identifying Weakpoints
Weaknesses:
(Min 2) Vision, Endurance
Weapon:
Bow of XYZ - A powerful bow made of maple wood. It fires special arrows filled with electricity. (When you make your application, I encourage you to try to do much better here.)
Ultimate Ability:
Alphatized - Quickly fires a barrage of 26 electric arrows in an arc near the target. (Again, try to do better here than me)

Spoiler: Player Template Code

Code: Select all

[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Combat Style:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b] (Max 3)
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (Min 2)
[b]Weapon:[/b]
[b]Ultimate Ability:[/b]

How the duels work

The ways these duels are executed are simple. Players will do combat in rounds.
During each round, you get to make two actions, and the player who gets to go first each round alternates.

Actions include:
1) Making an attack (Being specific will help you more than being vague)
2) Defend against an incoming attack (Dodge? Counterstrike? Be creative and be specific!)
3) Use your ultimate power (Use the format
Ultimate: Ultimate Ability Name
; limit one use per game)

I will determine the amount of damage a player sustains each round and then the match continues until one player's health reaches zero.

Questions? Ask! And no overpowered/broken/unfun characters or actions. (Or face the holy modkill bolt!)

Player List:

Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”