BattleCON G21 - Accountant (Seth) vs. Zorblag (Mikhail)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Spoiler: Beat 8 Attack Pair
Transcendent Burst!

Spoiler: Reaction Ante
Seal Token. Thought it's tempting to say that I'm waiting.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

Yes, that sounds right. I should've started off with Cadenza or someone easier to play :P

Spoiler: Beat 8 Attack Pair
Fool's Burst
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by Accountant »

ante Drive.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:50 pm

Post by Zorblag »

I like the idea of maining Seth, but I suspect it's going to take lots of play to get used to him. Like I said a bit ago, this matchup is worse for Seth than I realized before I picked Mikhail, so it wouldn't be a matchup I'd want to play again right away. If you're up for another game I'll switch to another character and you can either stick with Seth or switch yourself.

KingdomAces would also probably be happy to play you (probably with Lixis, though that's something that can be decided by players other than me.)

Pass on ante.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Accountant »

To be honest, Zorblag, despite my doom and gloom posts in the thread, I really enjoyed this, as much or more so than any mafia game I've played. I'd be more than happy to keep playing BattleCON matches in order to slowly master Seth.

I'll ante soak, though that's more of a last hurah than anything.

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Power +1.

I think that BattleCON should appeal to mafia players in general as the bluffing translates nicely. I don't know how easy it is to get new players into the game on a forum basis though. In any case, I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm always down for games if you're not in a hurry to get them done quickly.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

I'm very new to this game, probably less than 10 games played - I suspect it's why 'm getting trounced by you so badly.

Pass.

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:00 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Well, this matchup doesn't favor you at all I don't think (I say even though it's my first time playing Mikhail,) so that's probably a big part of this result. I'm glad you're enjoying it though!

Pass.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:09 pm

Post by Zorblag »

And it looks like I have priority. I'll retreat 1 which puts us at range 4 which will let me hit and do 2 damage which is what I need to end the game.

Good game!

You asked about my thoughts after the game, but I think that the only two mistakes that I saw you make from my skill level were as follows:
In beat 3 on the first clash, given the options I had, I almost had to play Drive, and I think you could have clashed that to avoid the damage and cost me a Seal Token.

When you dodged past me and I had no Seal Tokens you put us at a distance with the ability to hit me with Shot, but not much else. I expected you to do that and so I turtled for a couple turns to get my Seal Tokens back and then could launch my offensive at will. Given that I had the life advantage that I did and no Seal Token I suspect you would have been better served by agressively going after me (especially as I've got so much range if I have the Seal Tokens.)

In any case, I'd like to play Cesar against you next (though I haven't looked at his kit to see what he can do well.) If you want to play again you're welcome to play Seth or someone else. I'll need to wait to set the game up in any case.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

Sure! Thank you for the game, even though I was a very poor opponent.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

I'd like to play Malandrax next, if you don't mind. I have a thing for scheming predictors.

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:22 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Malandrax looks super interesting (somehow all the Gesselheim characters seem to thematically.) I'll go ahead and set that game up sometime tomorrow!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”