hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Signs and Void (Game Over) [TM2015]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Spoiler: When Alquin ro Said met the void.
The void was felt long before it was close enough to be seen, an tide of bad dreams and vague malaise. This was an intermittent phenomena on the rough plains at the edge of the world. But this time it was much stronger than usual, and even the hard plainsfolk found themselves making excuses to head inward, towards civilization and light. Most of them did not consciously know what exactly spurred them to leave. A few of the older ones knew themselves enough to be aware of the fear in the back of their minds, and they brought keepsakes with them, knowing they may not come back. Over a few days the negativity reached a fever pitch, until even the most adamant had no choice but to retreat.

So it was that when the darkness finally came, only Alquin ro Said was there to see it. He was facing outwards, looking into oblivion, as he always had. It crept forward with a predatory slowness. To call the thing a cloud of darkness would have been wrong, but perhaps less wrong that any other description. It was a creeping clot of nothing, devouring the world behind it as it went.

“We could have had peace, you know,” Alquin said, almost kindly.

It could not speak back, did not understand his words. But it could taste the idea of his words in the air, and it could respond in kind, excreting its emotions like ink,
contempt
flashing as sudden as lightning. Alquin's face did not betray any response.

“Unlikely, yes. But perhaps detente. You have your side of the border, and we have ours. It has been so many times through our history.”

Disdain
, and this wash of emotion was richer and more nuanced. Disdain not only for the lone man before him but also the darkness that had come before, had accepted this uneasy standoff.

“Even skirmishes. Small fights, taking territory inch by bloody inch. In conflict, it can be wise for both sides to set limits. Do you understand?”

By now the thing had totally encircled Alquin. But still it kept a respectful distance, wary of the humming power and total resolve that blanketed him like a shroud. The thing's
impatience
buffeted Alquin, met the force of his will and evaporated, like rain falling on hot steel.
Hesitation.

“But not this. Your massive and blind consumption was foolish. It was never sustainable.” His voice was level, gently reproachful. “It had to end somewhere. And it's going to be here.”

Shock, fury, hunger,
and it fell upon him, through him, demanding his assimilation.

Alquin ro Said closed his eyes, although in any case there was nothing to see, and he drew the Sign of the Blade.

Perhaps he traced it out with his hands, light following the paths of his fingertips, hanging in the air. Perhaps he shouted it, and his words unfurled sharply in front of him and found form. Perhaps he merely thought about it, and it was there. Perhaps all of these things. Signs defied easy classification. They were ideas, certainly; they were stories passed through generations, they were metaphors that were understood in a way beyond words. But there was something undeniably physical about them, as well – they were tangible things, and to pass it on was to lose it yourself. Alquin had saved his Signs all his life, as had his mother before him, carrying the torch without ever truly seeing its light.

The Sign tore through the thing, and for a second, had Alquin cared to look, he would have seen the sky again. But the gashes closed as quickly as they appeared, as the thing greedily consumed the echoes of the Sign. This was pure, concentrated existence, a far richer fare than Alquin and the ground around him, and with a terrific and nauseating
lust
it grappled with the Sign, incorporating it into itself. Growing stronger.

Alquin drew the Sign of the Candle.

The light sustained him, and he opened his eyes, feeling warmth in limbs that had not realized they were cold. Like moths, motes of shadow swarmed rapturously around the brightness, and if there was
confusion
, curiosity at this man so freely giving up such beautiful secrets, it was drowned out by far by the
hunger
pounding like drumbeats.

Alquin hesitated for a moment. The thing was more interested in his Signs than him, now, but still he felt the pain of what he had lost, his existence threaded inextricably with the void around him. But he had prepared for this, and he took a breath, stilled his mind, and drew the Sign of the Stone.

It met this third, new taste, found resistance where there had been none before. The signs had been chosen in a careful order. For a second there was a tremendous compression in the air, and then suddenly the thing screamed wordlessly, filling the air with
fear

“Disdain!” Alquin roared. “That was when I knew you were lost, thing. I fought the darkness that came before you, and I paid dearly for the victory. But you mocked it. You have consumed more in your short life than it ever did, and in your thoughtless way you believed that made it weak and you strong. But it was old and it was clever, and above all it knew how to stop eating.”

Confusion, anxiety, fear, fear, fear.

The darkness was no longer uniform. There were clusters forming, sticky masses of order that grabbed more of the nothing-stuff with their gravity. Alquin watched the largest clot. It writhed as it grew and became more detailed. Like a statue being chiseled from stone, the form of a man became distinguishable among the mass. Even before the contours of his face were drawn Alquin knew it was Viktor Jarvik.

Alquin was glad to see him in pain. He had utterly devoted himself to this thing, and his efforts had done much to hurt those like Alquin who stood against it. Viktor's reward was to be subsumed in to it, to lose himself and embrace the ecstasy of the growing formlessness. But now, suddenly, he was individual again.

“Hello, Viktor.”

“What the hell,” he snarled, “do you think you're doing, Alquin? You're giving us the power of the Signs. If you had any damn chance at all, it's gone now.”

“The Signs cannot be taken. Only understood.” Suddenly Alquin's voice had a terrifying hardness. “Why do you think you're here, Viktor Jarvik? The Signs demand a mind to understand them. You can't have their power without having their form. Consciousness is precipitating out of it all.”

Viktor fell silent. There was no more emotion in the air. It had taken a lot of that ur-thought, that emotive mass, to reconstitute the being of Viktor. There was none left to make itself felt. Instead, there was only a faint buzzing, a sense of being pushed, of conflict. The void still trying to consume Alquin and the Signs, Stone maintaining its form. Inward want, outward assertion. Paradox.

“It's too late to back out. You will have your precious emptiness, for a moment. And then the Signs will wax stronger, and you will be living, and you will feel pain, and you will be able to die. And then perhaps you will gain control another moment. But you'll always be forced to be real, again and again.”

“There's others,” Viktor replied. “Others of us. We can use your power against you, combine it with our strength, crush your resistance, and then suborn the Signs at our leisure. This is temporary. We are inevitable.”

“Against me, that is true. I'm just one man.” Alquin smiled. “But I'm not alone.” The pressure between the two of them was growing stronger. “The Signs have been shared, quietly, for as long as creation. People will feel the call of the Signs within them and come to fight. Do you understand how long ago this trap was laid? How many times the hunger came before you, felt the force of the Signs, and turned aside?”

The void was being torn apart by the conflict at its core, desperately attracted to the light of the Candle, repelled by the Stone, splitting along the seams cut by the Blade. Soon Alquin knew the tension would become too much, and he would be blasted away, crippled by the force of the clash. But so too would the thing be torn apart, and the
it
would become
they
. “We could have had peace,” Alquin repeated. “But if you come seeking blind and effortless absorption,
you will find only war.

Signs and Void has concluded.

Spoiler: Extant.
ChannelDelibird.
Cheetory6.
Gammagooey.
Mastin2.
Shadoweh.
singersigner. () ()
Vezokpiraka.
wgeurts. ()

Spoiler: Nothing.
fferyllt -
Alira Watchwall
, the Sentinel, made voteless Minor Day One and unmade Major Day One.
T S O -
Crog Kellind
, the Kennelman, lynched Major Day One.
GuyinFreezer -
Kid
, the Mimic, killed Major Night One.
Bulbazak -
Veleya Zolotavvi
, the Bulwark, lynched Major Day Two.
Aronis -
Lonesome Louie
, the Empath, lynched Major Day Two.
TellTaleHeart () -
Seneca Thalworth
, the Scout, killed Major Night Two.
Oversoul () -
Teina Foss
, the Blacksmith, killed Major Night Two.
Titus -
Viktor Jarvik
, the Skulk, killed Major Night Two.
4nxi3ty. () -
bladecandlestone
, the Nemesis, lynched Major Day Three.
Formerfish. () -
Lem
, the Brute, lynched Major Day Three.
Untrod Tripod -
Alquin ro Said
, the Inhibitor, killed Major Night Three.
AngryPidgeon. () -
Perra Sahn
, the Prophet, killed Major Night Three.

Spoiler: Conclusion.
Creation
has won the game.

Spoiler: Timeline.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:02 am, edited 34 times in total.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

General Rules:

For you Munchkins out there:
Rules are subject to addition, deletion, or change any time. If you try to abuse some technicality, I will make that technicality cease to exist and retroactively punish if needed. There are several common sense rules that are implicitly here that I didn't bother writing. When in doubt, PM the mod. But remember, directly quoting PM's from the mod (including the role PM, any flavor or pictures from a PM, a rules adjudication quoted verbatim, etc) or impersonating the mod in game (by pretending I have "edited" a post I have not) is strictly forbidden. Paraphrasing is fine, as long as there's room for doubt. Again, common sense.

Play to your win condition:
I want you all to have fun, but you must always be trying to secure a win for your faction. Failure to do so might get you banned from all mafia games on-site, not just this one. Getting modkilled will turn you to a dead neutral survivor, so incurring a modkill is always playing against your factions wincon. Do not test my patience on this issue; I have none.

Roll with the punches, but don't be a shitlord:
This is a game where some people want you dead, and there's a certain degree of hostility inherent in the premise. “Attack the case, not the player” is a good guideline, but the line is thin and I'm not interested in playing baby-sitter.

However, there are certain boundaries you must respect. My general anti-harassment rule can be roughly stated as, “If it'd be illegal to fire someone for, it's forbidden to insult someone for.” To be more specific, insulting someone based on (or simply an insult including reference to) culture, gender, sexual orientation, income, or similar non-mafia related things is expressly prohibited. This also extends to out of game feuds, GD drama, or the like. Check it at the door, or bad things will happen.

Lynching:
It takes a full majority to lynch or to no-lynch. If there is no one with a majority at deadline, it's no-lynch. No lynch is a valid vote target, but does not take any fewer votes to achieve than a normal lynch.

First rule about ongoing games:
Don't talk about this game anywhere else, and don't talk about other ongoing games here, even offsite ones. Yes, talking about "[redacted]" is still talking about ongoing games. Yes, even if you are both dead in that game. Note that you are allowed to talk about other Team Mafia games within the bounds specified in the general Team Mafia rules.

Mistakes:
Everybody makes them. Call out vote count mistakes with a bolded note in thread. All other mistakes should be pointed out discreetly via PM.

Activity:
I will prod a player after 48 hours of inactivity. Prods can only be 'picked up' by actually posting in thread – a response to me will not cut it. Replacements will occur as per the general Team Mafia rules. I don't count Saturday hours when evaluating if someone should be prodded - go ride a bike or something, Mafia isn't everything.

Votes:
Votes should be bold, and be on the start of a new line. Don't play 'vote tricks' – whether you voted for someone or not is ultimately for me to decide, not you.

If the Mod said you're alive, you're alive:
If I make a mistake in the vote-count, point it out immediately, but UNTIL I fix it, I will only acknowledge a majority if BOTH the actual vote total AND the number of additional votes after the last VC indicate a majority. To put it otherwise, nothing will get hammered if I missed counting a vote on a top wagon.

My color:
is
blue
. Don't use it, so that it's clear to everyone that a blue note in a post is an edit by me. Using
Creation blue
to indicate a member of Creation in VCA or similar is fine.

Secrets:
No invisible/small text or robust cryptography/stenography. On the same line, no verifiable randomness. This includes dice tags but also other forms of verifiable randomness (i.e choosing something based on the parity of the last digit of the night's closing Dow Jones index). If you're ever unsure if something is over the line, please ask me.

Team Mafia 2015 Rules:

1. The Main Thread has specific Team Mafia rules.
  2. Replacements are the responsibility of each team. If a player has to be replaced by a game mod (generally 7 days of active game), half a game penalty will be assessed. Teams may find their replacement anywhere, but the Sign Up Thread has a number of people who have volunteered to replace in.
  3. Game deadlines, particularly Night deadlines, will be adjusted according to the speed of the other games. Twin trap in particular may have significant nights. Nightless will generally has shorter Day deadlines (and will use plurality lynch).
  4. All mafia teams have Day Talk
  5. All games have only two parties: a Mafia team and a Town team (or functionally similar teams in the case of theme games). There are no second Mafia teams, there are no third parties.
  6. Discussing Other Games Is Prohibited
    except in certain circumstances (please see the full Team Mafia Rules for more). Teams that violate this will be warned once, then penalties will be assessed against their team.
  7. Teams will have access to all game PTs, but teammates should only post in those threads if they are the player actually in the game. Egoposts are not allowed.
  8. Hydras, alt accounts, etc. will not be allowed in PTs.
  9. Discussing Token allocation is allowed, but remember not to discuss things going on in other games (including any contradiction).
  10. Because of the nature of this game, extended VLA should be avoided. If you have to be gone for longer than 7 days, your team should find a replacement -- either temporarily (you may replace back into the same slot -- or permanently.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Signs and Void Specific Rules.

Signs and Void is a twenty player Large Theme made specifically for Team Mafia 2015. It is a conflict between sixteen
Creation
aligned players and four
Annihilation
aligned players. All players of the same alignment have the same win condition. No player (except a modkilled one) will have their win condition change from what it was at the start of the game.

Signs and Void features two unique mechanics.

Mechanics
Signs of Power.
Each player embodies either the Sign of the Blade, the Sign of the Candle, or the Sign of the Stone. The Signs themselves have no intrinsic game effect. However, most targeted active and factional abilities will also require you to submit a Sign with them, by requesting you to match Sign. You will need to submit the Sign of your target for your ability to work.

Unless your role states otherwise, your sign was randomly chosen at game start.

Existence and Void.
The game has four distinct phases, as you must factor in not only the time of day but also whether Void or Creation is currently strong.

During a
Minor Day
, you
do not vote to lynch.
Instead, when the Minor Day begins, you learn what the Minor Day's
Bane
and
Choice
will be. Banes are targeted negative or potentially-negative effects. Choices are changes to the setup itself. Players vote on the target of the Bane and the outcome of the Choice simultaneously.

If the Bane and Choice are both chosen before deadline, there is also a vote for the target of a
Boon
. Boons are targeted positive or potentially positive effects. You only learn what the day's Boon is upon successfully completing the Bane and Choice votes.

Bane and Boons are majority lynches, while Choices are plurality lynches. Thus, you may vote No Bane or No Boon but not No Choice. If a majority of players vote No Bane, the Choice is chosen by plurality if a majority hasn't been reached already and the Day ends with no Boon vote. If a majority of players vote No Boon, the day ends.

During a
Minor Night
, players do
not get to use their Active/Factional actions.
The only abilities that trigger during Minor Nights are Transcendent or Passive abilities that specifically state they trigger during Minor Nights.

However, most players have access to the following two abilities each night, choosing one of them:

Detect:
Match Sign on target player and you will receive a "positive" result; don't match Sign and you will receive a "negative" result.
Trace:
Target a player. If they Detected and you were not Traced, you will receive the name of the player they detected; otherwise, you will receive no result.

If you don't have access to Detect and/or Trace, it will be called out in your role PM.

During a
Major Day
, there are two lynches. They are done sequentially, not in parallel, and all votes are removed after the first lynch.

During a
Major Night
, players may use their Active and Factional abilities freely.

Signs and Void has four types of abilities.

Ability Types
Active:
These abilities are used only during Major Nights. If they require you to "Match Sign", you must submit a Sign along with your ability. Your ability will only resolve if your target has the specified Sign.
Passive:
These abilities are continually active.
Factional:
Like Active abilities, these can be used only during Major Nights and often require you to match Sign. However, some abilities and mechanics may reference only Active abilities and not Factional, or vice-versa.
Transcendent:
These abilities can be used whenever their text allows them to be. They only interact with other mechanics or abilities if their text explicitly indicates such. For example, Transcendent abilities cannot be blocked unless the ability says it interacts with other mechanics in a way where it can be blocked.

You know the following two roles are in the game.

Alquin ro Said
Drawing Signs and embodying them are different things. The former is much harder.

Alquin's hands constantly trembled, now. One of the Signs clung to him still, but it was a vulnerability, not a strength. The sympathy of the Sign was a way past his armor of will. He had known that this would happen; there was no way his own self could stand against the Signs any more than the things un-self could. But he hadn't guessed it would never stop hurting.

There was a dull hollowness in him. Too much of himself was trapped inside the congealed enemy, the recently made minds who even now must be hunting him down.

He consoled himself with the knowledge that the fibers of his being they had stolen for their skein were rebelling, must always be rebelling. As long as he lived, they would act with his will. They would oppose.

You are
Alquin ro Said
, the
Inhibitor.
You are aligned with
Creation
and embody the sign of the
Candle

Resolve. Transcendent.

He could feel it deep inside of him, when the power of oblivion coursed in their hands, breaking down the structure of minds and reducing them to the base stuff it craved to be made of once more. It made him sick, but in an odd way they were the happiest moments. He profoundly missed his former strength, the strength that had beaten the old dark and met this newcomer head on. Alquin would never get that back. But when they focused their murderous intent, Alquin felt a bit of himself in the distance: howling in pain, yes, but still fighting, constraining, limiting.

While you are alive,
Annihilation
will only be able to target up to two players each night with Unmake. This does not limit the number of uses of Unmake.

Broken. Passive.

Sometimes he caught himself staring at nothing. In the blink of an eye, hours would pass.

"I am Alquin ro Said," he would repeat to himself. "I am fighting." He could remember these two facts. The others were drifting away one by one, victims of his self being too divided for too long.

He knew that whatever forces tried to preserve him, there wasn't enough left to preserve. There was barely enough to continue existing without opposition.

Protection will have no effect on you.

Holy. Transcendent.

"Did you feel it?", they would ask, and of course they had all felt it. The manifestation of a Sign was a major event. Manifesting three was unprecedented. And while the vision had been one in deeper consciousness, and did not include his face, everyone knew of his being.

Alquin liked being a living legend. Every time he forgot who he had been, he could simply walk through any town, and hear excited tales of himself.

Your role PM, including your Sign but not the fact you are the recipient, will be posted in pregame.

During Minor Nights, your available abilities are:

Detect:
Match Sign on a player and you will receive a "positive" result. Fail to match Sign and receive a "negative" result.
Trace:
Target a player. If they detected and you were not Traced, you will receive the name of the player they detected. Otherwise, you will receive no result.

During Major Nights, you have no available abilities.

As a member of
Creation
, you win when all
Annihilation
aligned players are dead, at least one
Creation
aligned player is alive, and it is Day.

Viktor Jarvik
Viktor stalked contemptuously through the darkness.

He had been a wreck, at first. The pain of his second birth had been exquisite. But he had to admit that this existence didn't hurt as much as his first one had. Some of the nothing still draped him like a familiar blanket.

People's eyes slid off of his form. He walked unopposed through buildings. He was a wraith, haunting wherever he pleased.

Alquin's intervention had been a setback, but Viktor had always known that he would be the biggest obstacle. The plan had contingencies. He had already engineered the rise of the thing once. Now, infesting a world he was only half-connected to, he prepared to do so again.

You are
Viktor Jarvik
, the
Skulk.
You are aligned with
Annihilation
and embody the sign of the

Elusive. Passive.

He liked to test the limits of his power. To go where he surely must be seen, and remain unacknowledged. He pretended he was already dead.

Traces on you will always return no result.

Discern. Active.

He had looked three Signs square in the eye. That was more than most people could say.

Everyone had felt the impact of their manifestation, but Viktor had looked right in to them. They had burned their memories in to his eye. And if he looked, really looked at someone, he could see the same patterns drifting in the air around those who had received this power.

He didn't like to. It required tremendous force of will, the precise will he yearned only to submerge. But he couldn't deny its usefulness.

Learn the Sign of target player.

Profane. Transcendent.

He had been hated before his first death, when he had enacted certain rituals, eliminated certain people. He was even more of an enemy now.

It made him want to laugh, to see everyone cursing his name while he walked by unnoticed. Eventually he did laugh, and no one noticed. This made him laugh harder.

Your role PM, not including your Sign or the fact you are the recipient, will be posted in pregame.

Void. Transcendent.

I am, but in a distant sense, we are. And soon we will all be it and it will not be.

For now it is we and we are I and I and I and I but they made us strong, their price to make us not it.

We will break them down, and then we will break down the Signs, and they we will break down us and all will be it.

As a member of
Annihilation
, you possess the following abilities.

Bond.
You may speak with all living Annihilation aligned players at all times in your private topic. During Minor and Major Nights, you may submit actions for your teammates in this private topic if they have not submitted an action yet.
Might.
You may use two active or factional abilities each Major Night. However, you may not use the same Active ability more than once.
Unmake.
Match Sign on target player to kill them. Annihilation may submit up to three Unmakes per Major Night. This is a Factional ability.
Duplicate.
One member of Annihilation may use the same Active ability twice each Major Night. This ability is
, and cannot be used until the
Lock
is removed.

During Minor Nights, your available abilities are:

Detect:
Match Sign on a player and you will receive a "positive" result. Fail to match Sign and receive a "negative" result.
Trace:
Target a player. If they detected and you were not Traced, you will receive the name of the player they detected. Otherwise, you will receive no result.

During Major Nights, your available abilities are
Discern
and
Unmake

As a member of
Annihilation
, you win when there are as many or more
Annihilation
aligned players alive as there are
Creation
aligned players alive and it is Day; OR when all players are dead.

Mechanical minutiae.

You can't vote for a Boon until it's been announced, and you can't vote on the second lynch of a Major Day until the first one has flipped.

Flips are always true but not necessarily definitive. That is, every ability a player flips with, they had: but a player may not flip with every ability they had. Note that this game has unique names for every player role. If your ability doesn't flip when you die, it will indicate such in the ability text. Flips will never include the player's sign unless their role states otherwise.

Deadlines are flexible and will be something of a surprise each phase, to try to keep game clocks as synchronized as possible. However, a Major Day's deadline will always be longer than the immediately preceding Minor Day's. Minor Nights will always be at least 48 hours long, and Major Nights will always be at least 72 hours long.

Unless your role states otherwise, I will not distinguish between "no result", "roleblocked", and "did not match sign" for why a particular ability returns no result.

If an ability require a target, you may not target yourself unless otherwise stated.

If you have role questions, feel free to PM me. This includes what will happen in a hypothetical situation. If I deem your question to be one it's better not to answer for any reason, I will simply respond with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I may give you a hypothetical situation to help you understand an interaction. I will use Castor and Pollux as the name of the hypothetical entities. I will ascribe them whatever PR's make the example easier, with no bearing on whether or not those are in the setup. Any time I need to indicate matching Sign, that Sign will be the Sign of the Blade unless it specifically needs to be a different sign. Do not attempt to scumhunt based on aligning/verifying private clarifications, I will be very cross.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Role PMs are out. Game will begin sometime on Sunday, March 29th.

All players with game related Private Topics are permitted to start using them immediately.

Please try to ask questions now so you're ready to hit the ground running when the game starts.

If you don't feel comfortable engaging with the mechanical complexity of Signs and Void, remember your team is allowed one swap before "day 2". Note that in this game, this means you must swap by the end of Major Day One.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I want to clear up an ambiguous bit of templating.

Some abilities, such as Anihiliation's "Unmake", start by saying "Match Sign on target player to...".

This is not saying "If your Sign matches their Sign, you will...". This is saying that you
submit
the sign Blade, Candle, or Stone with your action submission, and your ability happens if you match your targets sign.

So essentially an ability asking you to match Sign implicitly starts with "Declare a Sign and a target". I left it off to keep the role PMs smaller and let the rules describe that functionality, but it probably could have been more clear. Apologies. Again, do reach out to me with any questions.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:40 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Spoiler: The pilgrims converge on the edge of the world.
On the hard plains where the things advance had been halted, they came.

Some had longer to walk than others. Some came with a definite purpose, while others came with just a feeling, a sudden compulsion to follow the Sign burning in their heart. It was the emigration of fear in reverse.

But as they gathered, they noticed a certain thinness in the air. It was as though every step forward on the flat ground was also taking them up, up to a place where the air was too thin and light was suddenly harsh and unwelcome.

They had all felt the clash in their minds; sensitivity to these things was intimately linked to the kind of mind that could accept the Signs. That vision had been so vivid that they could
taste
the void as it had integrated with Alquin, and they could all taste it again.

But there was never any chance that this would dissuade them. Still they advanced, and the air between them began to crackle with potentiality as their numbers swelled.

They were in a patch of non-creation, existence that was only barely so. Their lives seemed cold and distant, nothing more a faint fire they could warm their psyches by.

It hurt. But the hurt was forgotten as they realized with wonder that a collective consciousness was slowly forming between them, becoming more real with every new arrival.

Creation can be defined as that which holds its form regardless of whether or not you believe in it. If you don't have creation, then it's all belief. It's all changeable.

The First Minor Day has begun.

Bane.

Target player's Sign is revealed.

Choice.

Should protection stop
one
kill, but inform players when a kill on them was prevented; or
two
kills, without this information?

To vote for a Bane target, post "Bane: X".

To vote for the Choice, post "Choose: One" or "Choose: Two".

Also note that I've added the following clarification on Minor Day votes to the ruleset:

Bane and Boons are majority lynches, while Choices are plurality lynches. Thus, you may vote No Bane or No Boon but not No Choice. If a majority of players vote No Bane, the Choice is chosen by plurality if a majority hasn't been reached already and the Day ends with no Boon vote. If a majority of players vote No Boon, the Day ends.

With 20 players alive it's 11 to Bane or Choose. Minor Day One ends on Sunday, April 5th at 9:00 PM CST.

Minor Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-05 21:00:00)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:46 am

Post by T S O »

First, to be the last.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:48 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Well, well, well. This should be interesting. My team and I haven't come to a consensus on anything specifically worth doing at the start of a game but, if anyone thinks that there's anything with which we should get on, I'm all ears.

Bane: Titus
#greenshirtthursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Gammagooey »

VOTE: No Bane
Choose: Two

Arbitrary Fake-vote: Zar
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:04 am

Choose: One
#greenshirtthursdays
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:12 am

Post by Tammy »

##vote: shadoweh

Hi bb

Also, I don't yet really understand the mechanics, but Oversoul told me to town it up, so I can get a boon. I'm town, I put my tokens to good use, vote me for boon 2015.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Titus »

Choose : Two

Bane: No One

If scum can match a player to their sign and kill them, revealing signs to all would be a bad idwa.

Also, given scum can match signs to a player and kill them, we need as much protection as we can get.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Tammy »

But we also need to know signs to use our roles, right?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:19 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

If someone is scummy enough to get voted for a Bane, do you really think scum is going to waste a nightkill on them?

Bane: CDB
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:20 am

In post 12, Tammy wrote:But we also need to know signs to use our roles, right?

Right. Whoever gets Baned can (and probably should) be protected.
#greenshirtthursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

choose: two

hai gamma
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Gammagooey »

hiiii

also protecting a person who we bane would reaally defeat the purpose of giving someone a bane in general
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Going to assume I'm understanding the mechanics correctly for now. Not really sure the aspects of the choice are too worth talking about.
Choice: Two
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:25 am

Post by Titus »

And if we bane Alquin?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:25 am

Post by Tammy »

I can't imagine scum needing to know someone's sign to kill them though.

but if the do, they probably have a way to find out people's sign. I suck at balance, but if that weren't the case shouldn't the scum team be bigger?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:26 am

Post by Gammagooey »

oh

we don't get to vote for a boon unless we choose someone for the bane

reading is tech I guess

Bane: Zar
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:27 am

In post 16, Gammagooey wrote:hiiii

also protecting a person who we bane would reaally defeat the purpose of giving someone a bane in general

Well, it's not like the mafia are going to kill scummy people if we Bane them. Titus's point about Alquin is possibly fair, but I wouldn't want to speculate as to how many people might share his Sign.

Tammy, you should probably read the PMs posted above.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:27 am

Just realised that I shot down my own argument there, no need to tell me.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:28 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Tammy. I'm going to assume you're fishing for townreads if you keep making posts giving the impression that you haven't read the rules. If you're town, go read the rules. Kthnx.

@Titus, how will scum know if we've baned Alquin unless they claim? We don't necessarily have to have anyone claim roles during minor day and we don't necessarily have to lynch the person we bane on MajD1.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Tammy »

I don't need to fish for town reads. It's my thing ^_^

I read the rules, not the pms though, so don't mind me. Not that I'd have probably caught it anyway, I rarely understand rules until they're in action.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”