Newbie 617 (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Thu May 22, 2008 9:16 am

Post by clammy »

/conform
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sat May 24, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by clammy »

vote: Brandi
was reading you were recently a cop, obvscum ;)
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Sun May 25, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by clammy »

So, where's everyone else?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by clammy »

armlx wrote:
clammy wrote:So, where's everyone else?
USA holiday weekend.
Ahh, see i don't know these things in simple Australia.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Tue May 27, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by clammy »

Sounds a little indecisive to me? Not wanting to be seen to be to active there mike?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by clammy »

So it's just Baz who's AWOL then?

Prod time?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #6) » Wed May 28, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by clammy »

I see that FOS mike, and considering nothing has happened here i'll raise you a risk taken.

Let's get some serious conversation happening, i'll declare my vote still to be on Brandi, this time less so for being a multi-cop and much'a'mora for seeking after the IC's in post 17, null tell, but so is knowing who they are.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #7) » Wed May 28, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by clammy »

ooo, multi-post!

Much as i'm tempted to tell you i don't think you're scum but i'll be keeping my eye on you to complete the nice little suspicion circle we've going on here, but you'd tell me if you were scum right, so i don't need to? ...right??

And your play on the lurker was flawed, but legitimate
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Fri May 30, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by clammy »

I'm V/LA atm but on here briefly at the folks' house.

The case against mike seems a little grounded in armlx' tell tbh. armlx claims some sort of information or motivation to keep mike alive without much question both today and "probably" tomorrow.

That sounds a little odd to me.

On the other hand, mike's reaction to my question is sort of what i'd expect from offended newb-town just as much as scum, but perhaps he was feeling uncomfortable in the limelight. I do stand by the implication in my comment that mike has refused to commit any thoughts to this game so far, his most recent post and feeling like he needs to random-vote after previously saying he'd be looking for a reasoned vote does bode worse for him though.

I'll process this more when i'm not in holiday mode.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by clammy »

Darox at 80 wrote:For now, I am fine with Mike and armlx both staying alive today, but if I don't hear what armlx has to say on the matter day 2 then I think we should lynch both of them, starting with armlx.

Reason being, theres two likely reasons why he is doing this, and one of them involves them both being scum.
CrapLogicTM.

Cannot believe this was missed! All of the following conversation, the words (oh the words! - oh my eyes!) together do not equate to anything compared to this comment.

It's logical, oh yes, but Darox, let me guess this straight, you want to determine who our D2 and D3 lynches are on page 4??

*facepalm*

unvote; vote: darox
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:46 pm

Post by clammy »

At this stage you have my vote, that should speak for itself.

And i do not buy the "but it generated conversation" defense.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by clammy »

Darox wrote:I guess it did eventually achieve its ultimate goal of generating conversation
And that's not a defense?

Why are you wanting people to believe you're so comfortable and secure that you have no need to defend your actions?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:50 pm

Post by clammy »

And because i believe your question will result in unwanted and unwarranted consequences it isn't being answered.

I'm glad i was V/LA and got to watch that from the sidelines to pull you on it, smooth work convincing the town to follow you and then pull the big switch and say they shouldn't follow anyone.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:33 am

Post by clammy »

I don't think my position with armlx/mike has changed much since my #73. I will, however, reserve that comment for now as i read the half a game that's happened since then in one block and may have missed a thing or two that a re-read will reveal. Same reason for the current reserve on Bazza. Entertaining and not feeling great but wanted to make the commitment i said i would to be back today.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by clammy »

Bazza-Scumfinder at 152 (emphasis added) wrote:Tentative town list: Brandi, Clammy, Angelmouse, Mike

99.9% mafia list in order of most suspicious: Armix (100%) Darox, Caf,

An experiment which has been useful in previous games...When someone is the victim of a bandwagon they purposely do a move that (although not incriminating) is questionable....
the people who jump on that most aggresively and quickly are often scum.

I am certain Armix is mafia.
His certainty on Mike is just FAR FAR too scummy, As Scum he would have killed Mike night One and hoped that we looked at him as a townie after Mike is revealed to be a townie. (Only someone with extra knowledge would be so certain)

His attacks on me are a little too convenient and opportunistic i feel also.

If i were to guess a mafia pairing now it would be (Armix, Darox)
I will explain this more later, Not only do i find them bot most suspicious on their own merits....(but i have noticed a link between them)

I find your scum pairing interesting similar in nature to what you objected to about jumping hard on an easy case.

*on lunch break, hasn't read beyond #156, but whated to get this observation in now.*
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by clammy »

shut up! shut up! shut up! shut up! shut up! shut up! shut up! shut up! shut up! shut up!

*breathes*

I'm back on page 7, attempting to digest the noise. i cannot read as fast as you're typing!

Expect me to be caught up in around 24 hours, work's kiling me for today.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:18 am

Post by clammy »

Baz wrote:So if he was Doctor, he can't protect himself and therefore that role is useless.
If he was cop, he gets the chance to investigate....but he will not get the chance to report back to the town about his findings....so either way his role is useless, assuming we believe your story...
armlx wrote:No, I don't care to explain as your optimal night actions are wrong depending on scenario and revealing the actually optimal ones now can only help scum.
1. Armlx, stop talking about this. Now.
2. Lol at Baz nonetheless as he's clearly not thought about this.
3. The fact he hasn't thought about this is almost in his favour. Shit.
4. The fact he mentions it to begin with is not in his favour, perhaps town desperation, seems to be desperate scum though.

Darox at 170 wrote:I'd like to hear what Clammy thinks of me minus the "Deciding our D2+D3 lynches" thing.
I observe
you haven't messed up otherwise
you've kept your nose clean (null), have kept your defense to the point and relevant (town or cool scum, null), have been useful scum-hunting (town...unless the lynchee is too), have kept your options open (null), have remained generally contributing (town) and directing traffic subtly rather than overtly (null), especially late day, now that Baz looks dead (anxious scum).

So I'm far from closing the casebook on you, and your wanting me to overlook your most substantial flaw, the directing of town to two potential mis-lynches, heightens my alertness a little more. At this stage I suspect we'll talk more about this D2.

Armlx at 133 wrote:I do believe clammy isn't acting odd/anti-town for now, but thats a metagame read based on an ongoing so I won't discuss more. To summarize, I have seen him act similarly elsewhere and it was a very pro-town action.
I appreciate the motion of confidence, but as this is conjecture based on an ongoing i would appreciate it much more if you kept it to yourself, for the sake of both games running smoothly. Oh yeah, meta ain't mean much, and only makes me think you want me to appear town, could this be a buddying technique? Considering the hearty banter betwixt us in the past i wonder if you suspect you'll get a free ride out of me this game?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by clammy »

Baz:
you say you're 100% sure that armlx is scum.

Armlx:
you say that you're 90% sure that Baz is.

Question to both,
and i'd appreciate it if armlx answered first
: "What if you're wrong?"
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:52 am

Post by clammy »

Darox wrote:
clammy wrote:
Darox at 170 wrote:I'd like to hear what Clammy thinks of me minus the "Deciding our D2+D3 lynches" thing.
I observe
you haven't messed up otherwise
you've kept your nose clean (null), have kept your defense to the point and relevant (town or cool scum, null), have been useful scum-hunting (town...unless the lynchee is too), have kept your options open (null), have remained generally contributing (town) and directing traffic subtly rather than overtly (null), especially late day, now that Baz looks dead (anxious scum).

So I'm far from closing the casebook on you, and your wanting me to overlook your most substantial flaw, the directing of town to two potential mis-lynches, heightens my alertness a little more. At this stage I suspect we'll talk more about this D2.
I think you are misinterpreting me on two points.
Firstly, I am not 'anxious to lynch bazza' as you might have infered from "Can we string this weasel up?", rather I was trying to get the town opinion on Bazza (Notably from those that have remained pretty quiet on the issue)
I'll take you at your word, but 298 supports my interpretation.
Secondly, I didn't ask you to ignore what I said about potential D2-3 lynches, I wanted to know if that was your only reason for suspecting me, as it was the only thing you had detailed about me until I asked.
You did at least ask me to suspend this from my thinking, which i'm not willing to do, it's intrinsically a part of your character profile here.
Whats your opinion on Bazza? So far you have only mentioned that his attempts to redirect onto Armlx are "Interesting" and that his desperation could be either townie or scummy.
Apologies for the "interesting similar", that was supposed to be gone and just read "similar".

I've stayed quiet on the matter because i think at least one of the wagoners could be tunnel-visioning. we don't know yet if that's scummy or not, but i'm happy to throw my vote onto Baz to find out.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by clammy »

Clammy wrote:I've stayed quiet on the matter because i think at least one of the wagoners could be tunnel-visioning.
Bazza wrote:your views have been totally tunnel-visioned and the fact that you are so self-assured and confident when you are being fooled just reaffirms your newbiness
That's laughable, is there any argument you're not willing to rob from the people around you in your desperation?

If you are town you have surely played a pitiful game.

unvote; vote: Bazza
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by clammy »

Darox wrote:Oh and, welcome to Bazza's "Sure thing scum" list clammy.
Thank you Darox.

*sits back and waits for the OMGUS confirmation* :P
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by clammy »

V/LA: Please note my impending V/LA starting in about 2 hours and running for at least a full 48 hours, to Monday 09/06. This will probably be Sunday night for you guys if you're in the States. Zero need for replacement, looking forward to catching up already :P
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:19 pm

Post by clammy »

brandi wrote: Have fun! (I think)
Cheers, three days camping should be great fun.
Bazza wrote: @ Clammy, i had already explained that either Darox or Caf was being tunnel-visioned before your post, it was in different words, but i felt "tunnel-visioned" was the perfect phrase to encapsulate my thoughts on them.
If you can produce a reference to that post i'll happily retract that statement, the vote will stay.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by clammy »

clammy wrote:
Bazza wrote:@ Clammy, i had already explained that either Darox or Caf was being tunnel-visioned before your post, it was in different words, but i felt "tunnel-visioned" was the perfect phrase to encapsulate my thoughts on them.
If you can produce a reference to that post i'll happily retract that statement, the vote will stay.
Bazza wrote:Post 283.
Bazza-Scumfinder at 283 wrote:
armlx wrote:If I'm wrong, my scum list of everyone else doesn't drastically change, probably would suspect Qman + Angelmouse instead of Bazza + Angel. The scenario would simply be that Bazza was playing far worse then he gives himself credit for, rather then moderately worse.

Oh yeah and this is a classic mafia quote. You are setting yourself up for on Day 2 when i'm dead, you can act as if your mistake was no big deal and move onto your next two suspects. Who surprise surprise the mafia are most likely to want to keep alive at night. You will most likely kill Clammy or Brandi tonight (because between Darox and Caf19) one is your partner and you have the other majorly disillusioned. I'll say it again Easy suspects.

Anyone else see it? - cause i don't.

And coaching a nightkill anyone?

Since i seem to be quoting a bit in this post i say again:
"If you are town you have surely played a pitiful game."
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:29 am

Post by clammy »

That's nice that you don't value my opinion, but really, if you want me to believe you're town then provide an argument. I've clearly shown you some objections, you come back to me with the same you've come back to others with of "but i've already rebutted that", can't provide a citation, and refuse to do it "again".

You really think that's good town play?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by clammy »

Bazza, if you're town, the only person playing into the mafia's hands right now is you by continually muddying the waters with rubbish like this.

I've put my question out there twice, if you want to answer it you will, frankly i just want to hear from our LA guys so we can stop hearing your voice.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by clammy »

Anytime our LA's do want to join the party...

Prod time?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by clammy »

Actually, Mike-zim was prodded back on the 7th, when's the relacement deadline?

Already looking.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by clammy »

5 posts in 3 days - 3 of which are mine - where are our LAs??
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by clammy »

So we have a few options from here; we ask for replacements and wait a week or we ask for a hammer and move on to tomorrow (that's not being presumptuous, see option the third), or we ask for new/expanded cases where we stand.

Where's our mod too? - i doubt he's abandoned but he seems to be AWOL.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by clammy »

Similposted.

Our other two actives are Brandi and Caf, can we get them to check in too. (Baz too i guess, there i go being presumptuous again).
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by clammy »

That's cool flameaxe, i just want to make sure the game isn't going to die in a hole. Thanks for checking in Qman, i forgot about you... we can't have that happen.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 am

Post by clammy »

I have already explained the OMGUS argument, perhaps it has something to do with knowing that they are voting an innocent townie.
Are you trying to make that sound like an admission of scum? - who _knows_ the roles?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:22 am

Post by clammy »

Right, cause townies are infallible and anyone voting a townie must be bad...
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #34) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by clammy »

Calling for a lynch to appear pro-town! - You have some odd ideas Baz.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by clammy »

Darla/mike, i support your idea of a hammer, but i think the reason for the prolonged L-1 is to hear from our town, do you support waiting for the second replacement?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (isolation #36) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by clammy »

Darox at 399 wrote:Clammy who was the last of the initial 5 to lynch group, who finally voted page 304.

Clammy, who I felt gave some pretty weak reasons for supporting the Bazza lynch.
I have to admit i found this kind of funny, though your point is relevant it's a little backwards considering your previously
stated position is that[...]

Darox at 165 wrote:
brandi wrote:
Darox wrote:

If anything, your attack has made me believe you're protown

So...attacking a person who hasn't done anything suspicious is pro-town? Obviously you believe Clammy's suspicions against you to be invalid. Does this mean you support straw-manning and red herrings? I'm very confused by your logic.
[...]On the contrary,
I found Clammy's point to be quite valid, I didn't exactly word it right and may have been a bit rash in saying it.

I felt that Clammy was town because he was pushing a legitimate point against someone wasn't under fire. To me, that looks more like proper scumhunting, which is pro town. Not only that, but I said
Darox wrote:
I think scum would have picked someone who has been under fire, or one of the people still AWOL as an easy lynch target.

The reason I was not unduly worried about being voted is because I think given what I have done so far that Clammy will focus more on helping the town than tunnel visioning me.
bold added for sentence continuity

-----------------

So while then i was town for not jumping on the lynch, now i'm scum for not having done so?

Second scum looking to start D2 on the front foot?
Or feeling a little cocky and heading boldly into D2 after knowing Bazza is town?

The fact you're setting up a Brandi D2 lynch if Baz flips innocent is making me quite nervy that you
know
Baz is innocent too.

Between that, the above commented on backflip, the previously called out cries to lynch Baz quickly, and what could very well be setting up some more D2+3 lynches (oh wait, didn't i call you on that already in the past with armlx and mike??) i'm starting to feel very uneasy around you.

unvote; vote: Darox
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #37) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:58 pm

Post by clammy »

Darox wrote:Not the same thing.
I didn't attack you for not jumping on the Bazza wagon. I attacked you for giving bad reasons to be on the Bazza wagon.
Actually, yes you did attack me for jumping on late: "Clammy who was the last of the initial 5 to lynch group, who finally voted page 304."

---------------------
Darox wrote:And previously, I thought you were town because if you were Bazza's partner and trying to derail his wagon, I thought you would focus it on one of the more obvious targets of the time, Armlx, Mike, or even Brandi.
No, you said: "I felt that Clammy was town because he was pushing a legitimate point against someone wasn't under fire. To me, that looks more like proper scumhunting, which is pro town."

---------------------
Darox wrote:And I don't even get what you are trying to say about lynching Bazza quickly.
Read my posts. I have constantly supported getting the entire towns opinions before we lynch him.
Evidence i've already called you on with trying to rush a lynch today:
Darox at 257 wrote:Time to string up the weasel?
Darox at 262 wrote:So, I ask again, to all the remaining townies. Can we string this weasel up?
Darox at 298 wrote:Seriously town, we are wasting time here.

---------------------
Darox wrote:As for "Setting up Brandi Lynch D2", where did you get that?
Here: "Brandi, who said she was ok with the lynch even though she said she believed Bazza was town."

---------------------
Darox wrote:I express suspicion towards Brandi for her seemingly contradictory statement. She clearly states she thinks its more likely Bazza is a dumb town than a scum, but is still ok with his lynch.

Expressing suspicion =/= Ordering a lynch
And i didn't state you were ordering a lynch, subtly setting up D2 though it seems. If scum you know Bazza's alignment, and this dual set up of myself and Brandi gives you a bet each way, especially if Baz is town, and
that
gives me reason to think he is town considering i very much suspect you.

---------------------
Darox wrote:Flipping out with OMGUS isn't cool by the way, its one of the reasons Bazza is under so much fire.
That made me smile, let me document why this is clearly not OMGUS:
1. I'm repeating my attack against you from before.
2. I'm doing it based on the fact that you're setting up D2+3 lynches (another accusation i've made against you in the past), not the fact that i'm one of them.

And now why i'm not "flipping out":
1. I'm analysing your posts from the
whole
game, not just the last five minutes when you've pulled your stunt with my name in it.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #38) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:37 am

Post by clammy »

@ Clammy: so are you saying you think Bazza is town now?
I'm saying that Darox is still my number one scum pick, recent posts from him are leading me to think he's very eager to set up some mis-lynches D2+3 (again) while rushing the Bazza lynch through. That's null on Bazza, but may imply he's town.

I'm hardly going to apologise for some hard-nosed scum hunting eh?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by clammy »

You're misrepresenting me again.

I'm not saying you're calling for my lynch today, nor Brandi's. What i am saying is that you're guilty of setting up a lynch for D2+3.

You'd be quite silly to call for my lynch or Brandi's now that baz seems to have himself thououghly embroiled in a noose, but you are setting up your play for the next two days so you can say
"look everyone! - over there --> look how i said they were suspicious before and now i can use that strawman i set up late D1 to get them mis-lynched D2+3!!"

Oh, and don't get confused, this is no call on Brandi either, this is about how you, Darox, are setting up potential mislynches days in advance... again.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #40) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by clammy »

Granted on the strawman def point, i guess what i'm getting at the creation of a weak case now to expand on later in the game, so perhaps that has another title.

And once again i am not saying you are calling for Brandi or my lynch today, that would be a stupid scum move. I am accusing you of setting up further lynches. This does not involve calling for a lynch now, that involves calling for lynches at a later date, ie tomorrow, so yeah, i look weak right now for calling you on it, but if i am right then you would have used these last few posts to your advantage in calling for my death tomorrow.

I had a plethora of reasons for voting Bazza, to apply the L-1 and see if someone quick-hammered, to test various members of the crowd in ways yet to be revealed (but i'm sure they will be) as some will attest i like to do, to further the cracking of Baz and see if it would lead to a partner or an audacious move from others in the crowd (such as your D2+3 lynch setup of Brandi and myself) and because i honestly feel that if Baz is town he'd not be sorely missed.

I don't yet know if we can call Baz a VI, possibly depends on if he flips scum or town in this game eh?

And cheers for the birthday wishes and many heaped upon my young compatriot armlx.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:25 am

Post by clammy »

I get what you're saying, i really do, at this stage you have no "intention" to lynch me, but i'm suggesting that come daylight you were planning on making me/Brandi a lynch candidate and using these posts as a part of that. I'd be surprised if that is the case on this basis anymore, you'll probably look for some real evidence which will be more than welcome.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:07 am

Post by clammy »

I'm suggesting you've been scrutinised and have failed to get away with subtly leading a lynch tomorrow, so if you do bring me up it will be with some actual evidence; this is a good thing all round.

I'm suggesting that you gave no points to be "perfectly valid".

Refer paragraph the first.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #43) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by clammy »

So you're a townie, the uncompromising scum-hunting machine that you are, you're 100% on at least three scum in a two-scum setup and the one you're most sure of you're not voting for because there's an opportunity to jump on with my vote on Darox who's been your number 3 for the last week and suddenly becomes your number two now and you don't want me to believe you're a VI???!

*bang head*
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #44) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by clammy »

Darox, i'm glad you added that part about preferred focus upon yourself, because if i'm doing anything in this game it is definately
not
defending Bazza. See 436 if you're confused as to my "defense" of Bazza.

I agree on the issue of Baz and time, many promised responces not provided.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by clammy »

@Brandi, i agree on balance on your stance on armlx, but consider that if there's one thing that mafia would want to do it's appear pro-town when really not.

It strikes me as odd that he felt
he
had to have first say (unless you believe caf posted content) in the Darox rebuttal when that should have been left for Darox himself.

This strikes me as mildly scummy not because this could be a partner saving ploy, but because armlx could be taking an easy option here to post content slamming Baz instead of allowing Darox to do it.

Armlx ought to have been more careful to let Darox answer his own accusers.

That said, both gave the accusations probably about as much respect as they deserve, and i'm still wondering how to progress here because, frankly, i'm in Brandi's boat of being closer to convinced Baz is VI than scum.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by clammy »

*yawn*

post 420, paragraph 3.

You didn't miss it amongst all this noise from Bazza did you?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:38 pm

Post by clammy »

*bump*

I have a couple of pages to be reading and most likely responding to, it's been a nice week off.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by clammy »

Flay? - An honour.

Let me get my motivation back that i tried to start yesterday.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #49) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by clammy »

@Brandi: Unless you've changed your mind neither of us believe Baz is anything but a poor townie. I'm not sold on the armlx case myself, i think we need to lynch Darox and i've made that pretty clear throughout.
rules wrote:If no majority is reached at the deadline, no-lynch will be achieved
This however means we may need to compromise. Armlx is likewise not my preferred lynch, but i'd much rather he go over Baz. [
I mean, if nothing else the guy shares a birthday with me, obvscum!
]
unvote; vote: armlx.

The decision seems to be up to you.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #50) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by clammy »

Armlx, no deadline has been set that i am aware of, not trying to rush a lynch but i feel the day is drawing to a close in discussion.

You are at L-1 so a claim now may not be a bad idea though maybe wait for Brandi/others to give her opinion.

Further discussion will see my vote back on Darox but i'm getting the feeling the town has settled a little.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (isolation #51) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:59 am

Post by clammy »

I'm also pretty sure we've heard Bazza's claim already, so we should only hear armlx' claim if Brandi/one of those on Baz's wagon are thinking about jumping.

It's probably fair to say that if Brandi feels like shooting for Baz then she can go for it because he's been lynchable for at least a month now!
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #52) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:21 am

Post by clammy »

Bazza-Scumfinder at 186 wrote:I am a Normal Townie.
As requested.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Post by clammy »

See my signature, after tonight i will have no access (as in zero).

Clearly it's a waste to hammer armlx tonight (
unvote
).

vote: darox
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #54) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by clammy »

**Form post: Back from Vacation, have not caught up, (have no idea if i'm even alive!), just checking in for now. Will be looking over the game again shortly.**
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #55) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by clammy »

*caught up*
(yay! that's all my games caught up on now)

And what do you mean summer Brandi? - Middle of winter here in the real world. :P

Darox seems to have followed Caf's advise at #594:
I think the leads we have today come from whoever jumped on a townie's wagon for the most easy and/or weak reasons.
when posting his 'case' against me above at #601, great, but as Brandi pointed out, Darox is conveniently forgetting that my case has been fairly consistently against him in this game.

That's
you
, Darox.

And yes, i was suspicious of Baz for a time, and then when i figured out it made no sense i pushed for Darox again (as i still will now) until i saw that Baz was likely about to get the noose and i decided i preferred to see armlx swing than someone i picked as a townie.

Darox, with your first proposed set of D2+3 victims now dead early and confirmed innocent shall we proceed with your second set (Brandi and i)?? No judgement either way about Brandi here, but i think not.

Vote: Darox

And the Darox choir sang in one voice, "OMGUS, OMGUS, OMGUS"
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #56) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by clammy »

Qman at 337 wrote:
Players:

Darox - pt
caf19 - t
Bazza - s
clammy - t
mike - pt
Brandi - t
armix - s
angel - n

The above is my current alignment list for this game that I have stickied to my monitor.

t = townie
pt = prohibitive townie
n = no solid read (also known as prohibitive lurker scum)
s = scum
Qman at 589 wrote:I on the other hand have you
[Darla]
on the top of my list. Mike came off to me as waffling scum, being non committal trying to float in the middle of the river. Your ... interesting.. comment on the doc death ain't helpin you either.
I know it's now D2 but it struck me on a limited re-read that you haven't had a whole lot to say since your original D1 content run that ended in a clearly developed "alignment" list. I guess given the lack of content i'd like to know where you stand in the game atm?

Also, could you clear this up for me please?:
Qman at 589 wrote:1.) Doc loss, totally expected given Armix' claim.
"Qman at 593"]I really expected Armix to still be alive today, doc or not. He'd look REALLY bad if he didn't die.
These posts were only 9 minutes apart, i guess i'd like to know what was going through your head at the time.

Cheers.

PS: noticed you just posted,
unvote
as requested,
psuedo-vote: darox
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (isolation #57) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by clammy »

Prod recieved, have a couple of things to add when i get a second, mostly feel i'm out on the table though.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (isolation #58) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:47 am

Post by clammy »

Brandi at 622 wrote:In anycase NO, you never cleared up that which I pointed out when you wanted to bandwagon Qman. You said you wanted a BANDWAGON. That implies you did want it to go to, if not further than L-2.
I worry when i see things like this being used in evidence, not because it isn't legitimate, but because this particular word almost loses it's meaning when posted and seems to simply mean any train of thought of incrimination rather than an actual push for a player's death that gains and gains momentum. There was no momentum behind darox's early push on Qman, armlx and to an extent myself ensured that. Brandi, i wonder if you're mis-reading the situation, or projecting a bad image of darox.
Darox at 625 wrote:I, like I said before, thought Bazza was scum. My thoughts about him being a liability as town were secondary and not why I was voting him, but they are the reason I don't feel that bad about him dying and flipping town.
This does concern me though, and again, not because of the fact that darox here practically states he's glad baz is dead (deep down inside all of us we probably all are...) but mostly because darox wants to cast shadows on all others who voted for baz by saying
well at least I thought he was scum and was just wrong, you were all wanting to get rid of a useless townie and
... (yada yada yada i'm sure you can work out why that's bad)

Also, let's get some action back in this game?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (isolation #59) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by clammy »

That's probably forgivable, if i remember correctly you're about to get married.

What is wearing me thin right now is the total lack of any action this game is getting.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (isolation #60) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by clammy »

Flay wrote: Since caf is the one asking here, that leans toward a Qman partner, but obviously that requires one successful lynch here first.
Really? - see i hadn't picked the reaction as potentially scummy so much as unusually boring, but i had picked the leading commentary from caf as potentially scum trying to avoid developing a further direct case on darla while pushing a lynch. No, i'm not saying caf was trying not to kill darla, but she seems to be saying it would be up to others (not her) to do so and so in that respect caf's hands could be seen as relatively "clean".

*Jumps into a time-machine*
Darla is scum: Flay suggests Qman could be scum pair.
Flay, what if Darla is innocent?
*jumps out of time-machine*
(that's always a head-rush)

Also, not to bring up Darox again cause you're all probably sick of my case against him since the scum hasn't died yet, but 641 is very vague eh? - "I saw some things early...
L-1 vote now
!"

I'm also reinstating my vote as Darox is no longer at L-2.
vote: Darox
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:07 am

Post by clammy »

Flay, i draw your attention here:
clammy at 646 wrote:*Jumps into a time-machine*
Darla is scum: Flay suggests Qman could be scum pair.
Flay, what if Darla is innocent?
*jumps out of time-machine*
-------

I'm very thankful that Brandi is back online, given her recent eager sign-ups to minis and newbie replacements i take it she's keen too which is okay with me, so if the content keeps up i'm willing to accept the LA as genuine and move on.

I haven't had a huge read on Darla except that i gather she's quite inexperienced and doesn't always do a good job of picking the right words or arguments and yet we have quite a few calling for her blood, including, from my read, Flay, Brandi and Darox, the two at L-1 and the one with the deciding vote as it stands right now. And yet she has no votes?

The thing that disturbs me about this is that it strikes me that perhaps scum are pushing onto Darla but voting one of the wagons
or
pushing on a wagon and diverting attention from Darla.

Just saying i hope we're not getting a distracted town lynch here. (oh, mostly wanted to bring up the thoughts that are hitting me atm as i think about this game for all to see, do realise i'm all for the Darox lynch)

Also, has Brandi claimed? should she?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by clammy »

Apologies guys, clammy shouldn't post at night it seems ;)

So let's try this again.

Flay, my time machine question is roughly translated to:
"So (at the time) you think that Darla scum = Qman scum.
What about if Darla flips town?"

And Brandi, again, apologies about the above, i don't want you claiming, i want to know if Darla has claimed.

Has Darla claimed?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (isolation #63) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by clammy »

That's fine, the time has mostly passed but i mostly wanted to be sure you weren't looking for an excuse to string up Qman, I was mostly taking 657 to be my answer to that question anyway.

Flay, given you're currently holding a bit of a power card, what are your present thoughts? I take it it's Darla for you? - Or was the end of 657 mostly about getting her to be helpful to the town in responding?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #64) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by clammy »

Darox wrote:Clammy, what you would you do if Darla flipped scum?
It didn't happen on my watch, but it would make tomorrow far less than pleasant.
Darox wrote:If I flipped town?
That would be extremely difficult for me as it would pretty much blow up my main theory and all associated side-plots. I'd still be gunning for suspect no. 2, and that would be our enigma, caf, at this stage. But i'm sorry Darox, if i haven't made it clear enough you are scum to me.
Flay wrote:Also, two of my top suspects are on the Darox wagon.
I can see how that supports a Brandi-DBE pairing, hopefully i'm not their dummy who's along with them for the ride (just to be sure i'm not:
unvote
). Still, if either of them flips town your citing this becomes irrelevant, so i'm not sure what you want to achieve by doing so.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #65) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by clammy »

Bah! - I too misread that for if Darla flipped town....

If Darla flipped scum then great! - For now i don't have a good read, probably because she's a lurker who replaced a lurker which seems to be why a good many are after her.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #66) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by clammy »

Bloody hell! - i thought it was bad enough i was getting cold feet at 679 but now it seems a few of us are.

We're all too scared of another Bazza + Armlx i see.

vote: Caf
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (isolation #67) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by clammy »

Brandi at 664 wrote:Scummy/anti-town - DarlaBlueEyes
This was only yesterday, what changed when Qman started pressuring you for your lists of three?
Brandi at 691 wrote:I don't get it clammy, why are you voting for Caf? He hasn't been here and you havent expressed any old or new suspicions towards him. Are you just taking shots in the dark because you can't trust your own scum hunting abilities?
As i said, a little is cold feet and distrust of myself, but don't confuse that for a nill-case on caf, it's just being held close to my chest for now. I'm also far more convinced of Darox-scum, as you say you are too, so consider him with a pseudo-vote on him still if you like.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (isolation #68) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by clammy »

Flay wrote:clammy: I also want to hear more about your caf19 case. Why so close to the vest?
Mostly because of how confident i am/was/am on Darox-scum.
Since the disturbing voting patterns have continued and a bit of a break down has developed in unified mind in the town i'd be happy to post a case on caf, 10 minutes left of lunch break so i won't even try now, but i should get an opportunity within 24 hours.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #69) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by clammy »

...and just checking in to say i have tonight off and should be able to post that case within ~12 hours, sorry for the delay.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (isolation #70) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:12 am

Post by clammy »

Caf wrote: Basically, scum aren't doing overtly 'evil' things all the time - they usually try to blend in and act as agreeable/pro town as possible...
Caf wrote:...while at the same time looking for ways to get a townie lynched.
Now i'll refrain from the "blending in" with brandi by copying her holiday and LA excuse line, but if i can think of anyone who's been doing this through the game caf, it's you.

I sat down to write up my case on you over two hours ago and really couldn't. Now some would question if my decision to have the HAARP live MUSE dvd playing during that time was wise and/or productive, but as i read over your posts i realised i don't have a logical, sound, well-developed case against you like i do against Darox. I have an uneasy feeling of you doing exactly this, blending in, attacking with the crowd, appealing to the majority*, not making a scene or a case, but making a push at a townie.

If this has been scum you've been good, cause from memory you were on the bazza case a bit but were never pushing strongly. Now he and the doc are dead, everyone's on their toes and jumpy D2 and you're absence and lurking in plain sight is getting to me.

Also, Flay, since you asked, this is some of the reason i wanted to hold this case close, i didn't want to lead caf in how she hunts, i wanted to see more. The fact she's come out with this definition of what scum do is perfect timing (too perfect..?) but i'm not complaining.

*(eg: "The recent vote-switching away from [darla] makes me think that her partner had decided to bus and was on her wagon, but then jumped off it when they had a chance.
What does everyone think?
" - #713)
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (isolation #71) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by clammy »

Caf is a he.
And sleep is not a sometimes thing it seems ;)
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #72) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by clammy »

Also, and i am aware this is an L-1, i'm thinking it's time to go back to my "logical, sound, well-developed case" on Darox now that caf has some habit changing to do or invoke me coming for him tomorrow.

unvote; vote: Darox
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (isolation #73) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by clammy »

Votecount:
Darox [3] - DarlaBlueEyes, Brandi, clammy
DarlaBlueEyes [3] - Caf19, Mr. Flay, Daxox
Brandi [1] - Qman

----

So that makes it L-1 for Darla too then Darox....

Am i mis-interpretting you to say you placed the VC before your vote to give a false sense of security to voting on the Darla wagon even though it would land an immediate lynch??

And "the town has decided with a 3/4 split that Darla is today's lynch"??
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #74) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by clammy »

i am a little disappointed that one post was made while i was away for the weekend, however, if it's all going to pick up again now then all's good.

@Qman: how are your thoughts currently?
towards brandi?

@Brandi: did you pull the vote because of Flay's pressure? - You say you don't think Darla will flip scum, do you have the same "feeling" about Darox now too?
...Do you have information i don't?
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (isolation #75) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by clammy »

D3 huh?
Clearly needing a re-read.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (isolation #76) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by clammy »

yeah, on first read i agree about a Brandi frame job, i suspect this is where i come back to pointing the finger back at Caf, but want that re-read first.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (isolation #77) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by clammy »

Brandi wrote:IMO, I believe that killing Darox was a terrible idea. I kind of expected Clammy or Mr.Flay to die seeing as how they would probably be our only hopes in making it through Lylo.
The thing about this is that you're saying this like you
know
that Flay and myself are town, yet the only way this is possible is if you were scum all along.

Assuming you're not about to claim scum you seem to be fingering Qman and Caf, but you're hardly going after them hard and fast, and your #756 makes about roughly equal comment about everyone , which makes me wonder if you're trying to cast a wide net of suspicion everywhere but at you.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (isolation #78) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:09 am

Post by clammy »

Yeah, some interesting results caf, mostly bad news for you/brandi though.

And you especially, i'm not too impressed with how this game's gone from you and i have yet to shake completely the feelings i expressed at #715. And the annoying thing is there isn't much in the way of a
case
, more a void of anything about you. And now you're pressuring me come LyLo D3??
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (isolation #79) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by clammy »

@Qman, yep, sure am, agreed with the sentiment to wait 'til you got back, which it appears you are, and in fact all of us, so let's get this show on the road.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (isolation #80) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by clammy »

vote: brandi
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #81) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by clammy »

took ya freakin' time caf!
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (isolation #82) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by clammy »

Ahh, don't beat yourself up about it.

The issues were that D1 & D2 the town managed to get two pro-town players to L-1 simultaneously, making it very easy to appear to go hunting for scum there, and be agreed with, or elsewhere, and bee seen to be pro-actively town.

And this was your first real game, so congratulations for making it this far.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (isolation #83) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:40 pm

Post by clammy »

I think the line "leave the town with no suspects but brandi" may have been mentioned.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”