Newbie 656 Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Casey »

Hi you two!

I've got some free time, so let me read what happened in this game and then hopefully I'll come to a decision!
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Casey »

It seems I have caught up and I am ready to make a decision on the game. Give me a moment to make a neat post.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by Casey »

Of the four setups, three are still theoretically possible:

One is a sane cop and the other is mafia
One is a doctor and the other is mafia
One is a townie and the other is a roleblocker

I make an educated guess that one of you is a townie, and the other is a roleblocker, as one of you having any living power role makes absolutely no sense at this point in the game.

Anomalous posts:

Drifter:
vote thinktank
for thinking too much

Drifter:
just seeing if this works
vote thinktank

I believe thinktank and drifter were not in cahoots with each other. Drifter may have been just acting clueless, but after drifter claimed vanilla townie, thinktank appeared to genuinely feign concern at drifter's actions. However, when thinktank says he's changed his mind about Drifter in post 289, I believe that to be a very clear tell that something is amiss, as Thinktank never changed his mind to begin with, he then goes on to say that his evidence is intuition.

Artem, on the other hand, does a FoS on 5 people, not including thinktank (nor lurker), and doesn't believe Drifter's newbie plays. Still slamming him at post 199.

In an attempt to solve this mystery, I laughed at Thinktank's comment: "At the moment my two picks for today's lynch are Artem and Drifter." It seems that five months didn't change much!

Drifter complained that everyone was not making the game fun by turning it into a classroom. He stopped posting shortly thereafter.

When Petunho replaces Drifter, however, he says he does two read-throughs. Once not knowing Drifter's alignment and then once knowing drifter's alignment, and he posts about different thoughts on both readthroughs. Why would he act like it's changed from vanilla townie if it hasn't? I think he might have been leaving it open for a doc claim. He then proceeds to slam into thegeckoj on post 344.

Artem then fencesits on post 359.

Artem says no lynch is good and doesn't raise suspicion about Thinktank in post 391.

Petunho defends Thinktank on post 404.

Artem reveals C5 as townie in post 438, because of the slowness of this game.

Petunho fingers lifeofpie and thegeckoj on post 468 and ulitmately gets both of them lynched. Nice playing there.

Artem joins the crusade against lifeofpie in post 475.

At post 492, Kairyuu says that we have a 50% chance to win. I feel the same way so far.

Petunho picks up where he left off by voting for thegeckoj in post 504.

Petunho claims town in post 512.

Attempts at roleclaiming go by, but it's obvious that there are no power roles.

...and nothing else of interest happens until Day 4, where Artem and Petunho duke it out.

Artem suspects Petunho and says nothing about RandomGem's possible guilt.

Petunho says RandomGem and Artem both had identical vote patterns. Is Artem copying RandomGem's voting behavior to blend in and not cause any suspicion and be masked like a clone, or are they both goal-oriented townies? Occam's Razor. They're townies. Petunho is scum.

Petunho also says in his quoted votecount that there is either one or two scum on the bandwagon. With that black and white thinking, he neglected to say an incriminating possibility - that there could be ZERO scum on the bandwagon. How is this possible? Simple: Drifter was scum. Ergo, Petunho is scum.

Not only is Petunho scum, but he's also a roleblocker, and has failed to block any roles, as there are none. You knew this, and thus you killed Kairyuu to keep things quiet.

I'm very interested in knowing what side Drifter was on and putting an end to this mystery.

Artem, you went actively scumhunting, and didn't slip up with it at all. You made some dodgy plays, but Petunho made more. If you're the scum, then you played a nearly solid game.

Petunho, you got hit with having to recover from Drifter's wake. He screamed newbie town to me, though you scream scum.

And with that, I choose not to draw this game out any farther. I play the kingmaker and end this game.

Vote Petunho.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Casey »

Noooooooooo!

Drat, I tried so hard! I was so convinced!

So, Drifter was town after all. Should have gone with my instinct.

Very good, Artem!

I guess I'll have to get better at this. I read a bunch of games and articles before signing up.

(And yes, I was RandomGem's replacement)
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Casey »

Kairyuu: I still don't get how to understand vote patterns.

Also, is checking when people visit the board a valid strategy? That seems a little like cheating.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”