Newbie 783 - Mongol Mafia - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:35 am

Post by purple princess »

/confirm
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sun May 03, 2009 9:30 am

Vote: penguana

Are you a penguin? an Iguana? or an undercover banana?
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:20 am

This is my first game ever! I thought I would just make a random vote just to add to the disscusion.
Sorry penguana your name just stood out, I'm sure I'll change my my mind before the end of the day.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Wed May 06, 2009 10:42 am

Unvote

Vote Pablo Molinero

Pablo Molinero wrote:Actually, I am sort of scared of you if you're mafia.
Pablo Molinero wrote:What is everyone's favorite role (or what you most want to play as if you've never played before)? I find the deduction of being plain-ol' vanilla town is the most fun and that I still have no damned idea how to play as a good mafia member.
I'm not sure if you are trying to subtely reinforce that you are actually town, or if this is just good "speech" habits from someone that is (presumeably) experienced at playing this game. Either way you have earned my vote for now.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Thu May 07, 2009 9:56 am

ekiM wrote:Was that really the best thing you could find in the thread to comment on and draw suspicions from?
First day voting is essentially random,there is no real information to make decisions on, instead relying on gut feelings or potential slip ups. Reasoning at this early stage isn't as important as provoking a reaction ( and hence potentially revealling more information for the whole town's benefit). It would seem my vote did its job.

Mike wrote:I think it would be more useful if you commented on the Jarmo wagon, the people on it, and reactions to it.
re the Jarmo wagon - i don't beleve he has done anything in particular to deserve any of the votes he has gotten so far. This has all escalted from your initial vote for him (for being lurker scum, which i think hes pretty much proven to be untrue) as there has been so little discussion so far that anyone defending themselves is likely to attract more votes (either through lack of information, inexperience of voters or through trying to jump on a "safe" bandwagon and get an innocent killed)
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Fri May 08, 2009 11:12 am

DDD wrote:Purple Princess doesn't appear to be voting for a rational reason. Furthermore, I dislike that she says Pablo has "earned" her vote, but then in her next post she's already backing away and calling it a pressure vote. It's a typical scum move (and caught scum in my last newbie game) to try and vote with a reason and if that fails claim the vote was just a pressure vote.
Not backing away from the vote at all, if I was doing so then I would have unvoted. My reason may have been flimsy but blindly voting for zero reason would have been even worse. The main purpose was to move forward the rather stagnant discussion and to that end it has done its job.

See below re lack of experience, having never played before I don't know what a typical scum move would (allegedly) look like so I cannot really comment on this part of your post.
ekiM wrote:Are you saying your vote for Pablo was random? I'm not liking two random votes.

What reaction were you hoping to elicit by voting for a seemingly nonsensical reason? What have reactions to your vote told you?

I also don't like the defeatist sentiment. The first day can be much better than random, if we play well.
This is exactly why some (semi) random voting is a good thing. Unsettling people and provoking a reaction EARLY in the game seems more valuable than sitting on my hands and playing a waiting game.
If everyone "plays well" then surely first day IS a random vote?

There was no intended defeatism in the previous post, i can see how that could possibly be construed but it was unintentional.
ekiM wrote:You talk about my initial vote for Jarmo as though I intended "lurker scum" to be a serious reason. It was not, and I think that's fairly clear. I was placing a second vote on someone because starting up mini-bandwagons is a good way to get activity going.

I wonder, why have you only directly discussed my reason for voting Jarmo? What do you think of Danny putting a third vote on him? How about Shadeaux putting Jarmo at L-1 with little comment?
Only mentioned your initial vote as that was the one that got the ball rolling for the defense snowball effect I then described. You seem a little obsessed with the Jarmo bandwagon, and honestly I hadn't paid a huge amount of thought to it (probably due to my own inexperience).

Pablo wrote: Yes, but provoking a (valid) reaction against yourself does not seem beneficial to the town. It just gets you lynched.
All townies win if the town wins right? Regardless of if dead or alive. If so then I'm more than fine with this happening.

Purple Princess wrote:This is my first game ever! I thought I would just make a random vote just to add to the disscusion.
This is LITERALLY my first game. As such i know practically nothing about Mafia game theory, tactics or tells. I find the best way to learn is by jumping straight in, so if you see me doing anything particularly wrong please explain why so.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Tue May 12, 2009 7:44 am

Sorry have been away for a few days

Shadeaux wrote:
PP wrote:
Anyone hammering at the time, if Jarmo flipped town, would be instantly a very, very high suspect as scum tomorrow.

@ekim, it kinda ruins the trap to catch a hammering scum if I announce the trap in detail. Yes, I seem scummy by keeping quiet, but I'd risk it.
This wasn't me Shadeaux
Pablo Molinero wrote:btw, I think purple PRINCESS is a girl.
Yes that is right! javascript:emoticon(':)')
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Wed May 13, 2009 8:34 am

FOS Penguana

Pablo Molinero wrote:That seems awfully convenient. Pop in, see who the pressure is on, and wander away. Active lurking. Instead of just "watching" how bout you question?
I totally agree with this, seems very convenient to pop in and cast a vote without asking any questions or anyother follow up replies.

Seems to me that you are quite happy to take a backseat and let other people do the work.

Penguana wrote:(Sorry i've been away. Had some univercity projects to complete. Should have contacted mod....)
Well you haven't added much before or after this post.

Right as for my vote I clearly belive I made the wrong decision, and I don't enough evidence to back it up, so for that reason I'm gonna unvote Pablo.
Yeah I know this is gonna look really scummy now, but hey I guess it cannot get any worse than it has already. Besides, I am a big girl, I can take it!

unvote Pablo Molinero
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #8) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:07 am

ivanavich wrote:PP furpants asked you a question.
So I see, well I guess he can read through my previous posts to see why I voted, I'm sure he has already, as he has voted for me.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #9) » Wed May 13, 2009 11:38 am

pp wrote:Right as for my vote I clearly belive I made the wrong decision, and I don't enough evidence to back it up, so for that reason I'm gonna unvote Pablo.
Yeah I know this is gonna look really scummy now, but hey I guess it cannot get any worse than it has already. Besides, I am a big girl, I can take it!
Fair enough Furpants_Tom re my last post I have unvoted Pablo, so that's my veiw on it.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:52 pm

Your right I haven't voted, I was waiting for a response from Penguana, but I guess he is busy again!
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #11) » Fri May 15, 2009 8:05 am

Hmmm, well I can see that it looks like I am going to be the first one lynched. I can't really deffend myself to stop this happening.
Would just like to say that both Jarmo and Penguana don't really seem to be adding anything to this game, are they being quiet to avoid suspicion?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”