Newbie 1323 - Reck's Popsicle Stand! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:34 am

Post by Kid A »

/confirm
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:48 am

Post by Kid A »

VOTE: NicCage

hes been in lots of awful films so hes probably scum
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Kid A »

btw you put the deadline as jan 17
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Kid A »

im actually brad pitt so checkmate
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 29, Nachomamma8 wrote:best way to get the game over is focusing efforts on one player

sounds to me like you are trying to start a bandwagon in order to shift attention to poohbear's replacement

fishy
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 am

Post by Kid A »

I'm simply pointing out your post is fishy

no need to throw any votes around until there's some more posts to go by
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Kid A »

It just seems irrational to go full attack mode from one post is all

If you continue to be suspicious I will vote but for now I'm just sharing my suspicions with everyone else
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Kid A »

well a vote implies that I think you are mafia which is a silly assumption to make from one fishy post
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 42, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 37, Kid A wrote:well a vote implies that I think you are mafia which is a silly assumption to make from one fishy post

So you would rather leave your vote on someone who you're not calling out as havin fishy posts?
UNVOTE: Nacho
VOTE: Kid A

I fully intend to change by vote but I guess for now

UNVOTE: NicCage
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Kid A »

VOTE: Cubesnail
At this point I think he's just not posting so people can't get a read on him; hopefully he comes back here to defend himself
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 am

Post by Kid A »

since cubesnail is actually discussing things now UNVOTE:
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 am

Post by Kid A »

whoops
UNVOTE: cubesnail
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Post by Kid A »

I was only voting cubesnail so he would talk and defend himself

since he started to do that and didn't post anything that seemed scummy I unvoted him

I don't like nacho's reasoning for that vote, a minor suspicion right at the start of the game seemed pretty meaningless since it was likely you just trying to move the game along, I honestly don't know if voting for the replacement helps the game, so I withheld my vote.

I'm wary of doing an OMGUS vote right now so I'm going to come back later after I've thought about it a bit more
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Kid A »

I've reviewed it and although I feel like I should keep Nacho on my radar the Godfather seems much more scummy

He outright refuses to look for scum and seems to do everything in his power to make sure the game does not move forward, including denouncing the people who do move the game along as stupid.

Once people started questioning he panicked and has now decided he wants to leave the game

Furthermore the original guy with the role didn't even want to play

VOTE: The Godfather
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:15 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 43, the Godfather wrote:Wow this is a stupid start

sorry for the double post, but here is where he tells us that moving the game forwards is stupid before someone asks
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:36 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 109, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 98, Antagon wrote:To help move the game along:
Nacho and Cheery Dog, as the people best equipped to find scumtells, who looks the most suspicious right now?

same answer nacho gave about where my vote is
furthermore you yourself have played some games here have you not? I seem to recall you being replaced in a mini normal I was in, where does your own main suspicion lie? (i assume godfather)

In post 103, Kid A wrote:I've reviewed it and although I feel like I should keep Nacho on my radar the Godfather seems much more scummy

Are you only looking at one person at a time? Or am I misunderstanding what you've just done with your nacho read?

No, I'm still looking at what Nacho does but I am going to leave my vote on Godfather unless something unexpected happens or in the next few days godfather changes up his playstyle
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Post by Kid A »

If you're just going to sit back and wait for people to slip up you aren't helping the game move forward and the only person who benefits from a static game is scum
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:36 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 131, the Godfather wrote:
You don't know but slip ups are the reason the games moves forward. Everyone hits everyone for a slip up for eg I was unclear in my posts and now I am scummy in everyone's eyes. See? There wouldn't be much of a game if I didnt mess up.

this is a terrible argument

your defence for your playstyle of waiting for someone to mess up was "Everyone got annoyed at me when I messed up so it must work!"

not only is this circular reasoning but if we just assume you're town it would show that your tactic did not work at all because it got everyone to lynch a town guy

the only way your tactic could be justified is if you are admitting you're mafia and you messed up and got people to lynch you

sorry that's kind of a weird way of putting things but I hope everyone understood my point
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Kid A »

lynching people who act scummy is kind of the point of the game, no?
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 156, buldermar wrote:
Can you quote the post in which he refuses to look for scum?
Could you elaborate on how he does everything in his power to make sure the game does not move forward?
Could you quote the post in which he panicked and how you assert that it is related to his decision of leaving the game?
Could you elaborate on how the original guy with the role not wanting to play makes it more likely for that role to be scum?

1)
In post 47, the Godfather wrote:not at the moment think i'm just going to wait for someone to slip up then the game will start to get going

In post 49, the Godfather wrote:As I said wait for someone to slip up not me make them slip up. And people do slip up and act scummy no matter how good they are everyone makes mistakes...

He's not asking questions to provoke people in to slipping up, he's not using his vote to provoke people in to slipping up

He's just sitting back and waiting for the slip-up

2)
He doesn't ask any questions that could help us find scum, he doesn't do anything to help find scum; he just sits back and posts a lot of useless one line posts to make it look like he's contributing but there's no substance there. He also says that we're stupid when we try to actually make cases

3)
We got to a point in the game on page 4 where everyone was questioning him and putting the pressure on him; go and take a look.
He then says

In post 95, the Godfather wrote:I don't blame you, would it be ok if I ask for
A replacement?

and the reasonable conclusion is that he didn't like all the pressure on him and wanted to leave the game

4)
If you're new to the game I think it's harder to play scum because you don't know how to properly deceive people; if you're town you can just be open since you have nothing to hide. So when the guy got scum he decided to not play in the game.

That's just how I see it though, you can interpret it however you want
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:15 am

Post by Kid A »

and just to stress my point

"As I said wait for someone to slip up
not me make them slip up.
"

there we have it, after people told him he should try and get them to slip up actively he flat out refused
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 164, NicCage wrote:Kid A, it seems like you've followed my reasoning for voting twice now. Could you explain why?

I simply came to the same conclusion as you with Godfather, I have plenty of arguments in my posts against him that aren't present in yours

I also told Nacho I didn't like his play but it was more of a get the ball rolling thing so I held back on voting because there was no real reason to bandwagon on him.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 165, the Godfather wrote:I was not saying your stupid making cases I just thought what you were arguing about was...
Plus the reason I wanted to leave is because I have two games going and I realized how bad that was (and still is).
Before i didn't know how to make someone slip up as you said, (by puting your vote and answering questions...)
How I saw it and still somewhat do is like this...
Kid A, make cubesnail slip-up. Then if you were me you wouldn't know what to do. I now sorta get it that you have to pressure someone like I said before a "reaction test" but I didn't know they were related.
Now you may say that I'm pulling the newb card an awful lot, but I am a newb so you can't really blame me.

honestly I guess this all makes sense
we've put the pressure on you and got the info we need for the final vote when it happens from you

on the other hand

In post 77, anorway wrote:I've read this thread a few times now, and I have to say this is much harder than IRL. No one is suspicious to me, except for the Godfather. Not because of what the Godfather posted him/herself, but this post made me think though:

In post 16, poohbear wrote:hope i don't lose

VOTE: buldermar

I'm probably overreacting to this, but my first thought was that poohbear was Mafia.

And I assume the Godfather got the same role as poohbear did?

In post 79, anorway wrote:It was not the vote, but it was the "hope i don't lose" part. I assumed once I read it that he was Mafia, and he hoped he would not screw this up so he/Mafia lost. But I as stated in my previous post, I probably overreacted to that anyway.

fair enough this is an early stage of the game so I can just about forgive this ultra shoddy reasoning

In post 121, anorway wrote:So this means the Godfather is one vote from getting lynched?

Even though I'm suspicious against the Godfather, I don't feel like voting at the moment. I feel I need more information and time before placing a potential vote.

Here we have another post of anorway doing nothing, he's suspicious about the godfather but he doesn't volunteer why, he's still not done anything other than saying that someone might possibly be a scum

In post 162, anorway wrote:
In post 126, Cheery Dog wrote:
Do you have any other suspicions btw?

I'm atm leaning towards the Godfather and Kid A. I'm not ruling out that one of the more experienced players could be scum too, since they likely are able to "pull it off" as Mafia, even though I'm quite sure that Cheery Dog and buldesmar are town. I'm undecided about the rest.

the only people he thinks are scum here are the people who have votes from other people, he even alludes to nacho being possible scum while niccage tries to build a case against him

and that is every single post anorway has made in the thread except for the pregame stuff

so we've got some ridiculous reasoning at the start, followed by a couple of posts here and there where he just agrees with everyone else and doesnt go in to depth

I think it's time he stopped trying to hide so

UNVOTE: The Godfather

VOTE: anorway
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Kid A »

We're very evidently just going in circles with the godfather
-You arent trying to help

-sorry ill fix it

ad nauseum

I'm not getting anything from the godfather that I haven't already heard so I went for the guy who is just going with the flow and not giving any reasons, I know if I was scum I'd try and stay unnoticed as he has done.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Post by Kid A »

In post 178, the Godfather wrote:
In post 171, Kid A wrote:We're very evidently just going in circles with the godfather
-You arent trying to help

-sorry ill fix it

ad nauseum

I'm not getting anything from the godfather that I haven't already heard so I went for the guy who is just going with the flow and not giving any reasons, I know if I was scum I'd try and stay unnoticed as he has done.

Could you be more clear on who "the guy" is? I bet it's obvious and I just didn't see it. Thank you ;)

anorway
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:28 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 217, NicCage wrote:
In post 210, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 201, NicCage wrote:Could you explain this to me Nacho?

Would love to after Antagon stops ignoring me.

Yeah I'm feeling the lack of question answering too.
I don't know if Kid A's been on but I know he's ignored at least one of my questions. Kid A I want answers.

Yeah sorry, my internet died but I think it's fixed now

I don't know which question you are referencing so could you please quote it
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #26) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Kid A »

I will agree they are not great arguments, however I don't think those are the only reasons I gave which you didn't; I also talked about him saying it was a stupid start which I didn't like and I showed why his logic didn't make sense in #137, which I feel is a big scumtell because scum do have to come up with reasoning that doesn't quite make sense sometimes to justify themselves whereas town would usually think more and wouldn't post things that don't really make sense because they aren't in so much danger
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Kid A »

I'd also like to talk about Nacho now

I think I made a mistake by not voting for him day 1 but I was new to the game and didn't think voting on a single suspicious post was the done thing

Exhibit A

In post 170, Nachomamma8 wrote:

In post 110, Antagon wrote:Right now, I think Godfather looks scummy with anorway and Kid A looking null.

beep boop partner found
when did anorway become relevant?

In post 169, Kid A wrote:I think it's time he stopped trying to hide so

and now nic cage calls you out on sheeping him
and you immediately go lurker hunting?
NOPE
GOOD NIGHT

In this post Nachomamma decided two people are scum when I vote him and Antagon says he is null

Exhibit B

In post 198, Nachomamma8 wrote:Anorway is probably second pick for scum after Kid A.

Note that Anorway has not posted in between these two posts

What changed your opinion so much from anorway not being relevant to being second pick for scum?

If you think Anorway is second pick for scum why are you voting me when I got people talking about Anorway's behaviour in the first place

Yes, I'm not voting for Nacho in this post because I want to hear his justification for it first
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Kid A »

"In this post Nachomamma decided two people are scum when I vote him "

him being anorway
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #29) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:22 am

Post by Kid A »

unless he had planned it in the mafia quicktopic

dun dun dun
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:32 am

Post by Kid A »

I've never played mafia on this site before and didn't know that having the chat in the pregame was not something you did always

I've played werewolf on other forums before and they always let you talk in the pregame so I just assumed it was the standard thing

Furthermore I did read through a large mafia game on this site before we played so I knew what I was doing and the quicktopic was allowed in the pregame in there
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #31) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Kid A »

also UNVOTE: anorway

VOTE: NachoMamma8[/vote

maybe I'm just a newbie who doesnt understand the logic you use to find scum but he keeps jumping to weird conclusions such as that one earlier where he thought antagon was scum and this particular attack

i think if he wasnt the IC people would have already called him out on this but since he is the IC everyone just assumes his logic is sound
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #32) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Kid A »

VOTE: NachoMamma8

messed up the tags
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Post by Kid A »

In post 170, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 110, Antagon wrote:Right now, I think Godfather looks scummy with anorway and Kid A looking null.

beep boop partner found
when did anorway become relevant?

firstly this was weird

secondly a few posts later he decided anorway was "second pick for scum"
(when I asked him about this he didn't even justify it he just said something to the effect of "I keep rereading the thread"

I can probably find more if you want but his playstyle is basically that he casts random aspersions and hopes someone else agrees with him.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #34) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Post by Kid A »

also cs please convince me you have reason to think im scum and you aren't just voting me because its an easy lynch
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #35) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:00 am

Post by Kid A »

either way the quote is relevant because it ties directly to my second point
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #36) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Kid A »

tbf he said he was busy after I put my vote on him

i'm still not very happy with how he has still not even written a sentence of justification for his suspicions and just posted his suspicions on their own
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #37) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:30 pm

Post by Kid A »

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/tSSQt6tK2faVZ
not much to see here

well played antagon

also I thought niccage and nachomamma were good too, thanks for making my first game fun

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”