Newbie 1346 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Manus Celer Dei
Manus Celer Dei
Townie
Manus Celer Dei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

Hey-o. Confirmed here.
Manus Celer Dei
Manus Celer Dei
Townie
Manus Celer Dei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:15 am

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

vote: sirdanilot
for skirting the RVS in favor of these random questions.

Since you're the IC you can correct me if I'm wrong, but the theory behind the RVS is that people are going to create a series of chaotic talking points through "random"-ly voting, eventually resulting in a vaguely serious vote being placed (which in turns leads to wagoning and etc) and thus the game gets going in one way or another. Can you explain how you intend to achieve that through your questions? It seems to me what you've done is give people these easy one off questions that are not motivation or alignment indicative in any way that they can post a response to and get off more easily than if they were to "create" their own content, so to speak.

Is snooperfax not confirming alignment indicative? I fail to see how it could be. Is lurking alignment indicative? Again, not really, particularly removed from any context.
Is Bacde and SafetyDance's random voting of MNIJ for not getting an avatar as he promised alignment indicative? Not on its face, although I suspect that questioning Bacde on his inability to choose a unique reason to random vote wouldn't be a bad idea (hint hint).
And the MadWitch question? Well, the usefulness there speaks for itself I suspect.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”