Newbie 1352: Into the Darkness (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by catboi »

hi all! ^.^ i'm an epicmafia player looking to get into forum mafia, look forward to playing with you all! :3

VOTE: jmo16mla

why is T S O not answering your questions a reason to vote him?

why didn't you unvote him when he answered your questions?

why did you ignore the other people who didn't answer your questions?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by catboi »

I was referring to nacho (I also thought Who didn't answer them but that was because he put them in separate quotes)

the tone of your response tells me my vote's in the right place. You haven't been paying attention to this game? You posted 4 times on the last page. That's a lot of activity for someone ont paying attention. :3
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 56, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 54, catboi wrote:I was referring to nacho (I also thought Who didn't answer them but that was because he put them in separate quotes)

the tone of your response tells me my vote's in the right place. You haven't been paying attention to this game? You posted 4 times on the last page. That's a lot of activity for someone ont paying attention. :3

Nacho doesn't need to. He's not a newbie. They're questions to get background information so I know who and who doesn't have experience with the game and hold those persons accountable to what they say about the lurker liar question.

And no. I've been dry posting. Not really putting much thought into it. I've been pretty busy with school work and such lately.

What about my reaction makes you feel that way?

You never said the questions were just for newbies. I think you just didn't want to push on him~

You were paying enough attention to argue with skullduggery but completely ignored T S O. I don't see how you'd be paying so little attention to what's been posted in a 2-page game. I mean, if you're posting without putting thought into it, are you really going to be able to find scum? or are you just doing it to appear active? You say you stopped caring about the answers to your questions, yet that's all you were posting about~

Your defensiveness and excuses over some little questions is giving you away~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by catboi »

I'm bringing attention to it because you're scum and that vote was fake scumhunting :3
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Post by catboi »

I don't understand why you're making that vote
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by catboi »

I don't have other reads I feel are worth stating yet. I don't think jmo ignoring T S O's answer is necessarily a partner tell, don't put
words
in my mouth~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 76, jmo16mla wrote:When did I ignore his answer?

You know, the way things are supposed to work is that if I make a claim, the burden of proof is on you to prove it false. But still, T S O answered you on page 1, you never replied, are still voting him, and keep making excuses about not doing anything in a game that's still early day 1. :3
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by catboi »

You have to be being obtuse deliberately right now. There is no way you can be this dense.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by catboi »

except I already explained myself on the last page~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by catboi »

Why are you voting T S O?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by catboi »

Do you expect to get anything done by acting coy?

Just die already, scum~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:48 am

Post by catboi »

The game doesn't go anywhere if people don't do anything. Unvoting and not saying anything doesn't really help move things forward because then everyone is doing nothing, waiting on someone else to do something. Please don't do this.

jmo moved from being defensive in his response to being deliberately obtuse. His response to being asked to provide some content is basically "why bother?". I feel like he's not even trying to be helpful at this point, and is just trying to trivialize my vote on him.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:53 am

Post by catboi »

"you too" isn't a substantial defense. You're not even trying right now.

In post 94, jmo16mla wrote:Why are you so concerned with my vote on him?

Nacho has voted multiple times without reasoning. Why have you not questioned his actions?

Because you voted him for a reason that has since been made irrelevant, didn't change your vote, and are now stubbornly trying to avoid any sort of real contribution.

I have no need to question someone who's making a vote I like~ (if I thought he were blindly sheeping I might question him, but I don't think that.)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Post by catboi »

I'm not "worrying" about your vote, don't try to misrepresent me. You're just making yourself obvious fucking scum with your continued refusal to do anything resembling scumhunting~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by catboi »

"what do you think about X?' is the softest, safest, most non-scumhunting question you can ask, and accomplishes nothing. I mean, why do you even care what he answers? You don't seem to care about anything else. You're just generating noise, rather than asking questions with a purpose.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by catboi »

I'm not going to shut up until you're lynched~

I didn't answer those questions because they were boring. My answer to both is that you should lynch the people who are scummy~ Why are you pressing this now, and not when I ignored them initially?

I figured what I want to say - opinions. You seem concerned with other people's opinions, but don't post any of your own. Why is it important I comment on nacho's vote when you didn't say anything about it yourself, and ignored him? Why in particular do you care about T S O's opinion of me when you don't have a read on me...or anyone else in the game, for that matter? I expect to see someone who's town come up with some of their own opinions but you just continue to be evasive.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Post by catboi »

Your response is still laughably empty, in spite of its puffed-up size~

Can you not do the thing where you break up a post into little bits and quote each one separately? It makes the game really hard to read :3

Get mad, scum~

I don't care to answer your question because if you want to debate mafia theory, there's a forum for that. I'm here to play this game, and that involves latching on to whatever I find scummy. There are no absolute tells, anyway, so there's no point in answering. It just draws the discussion away from finding scum (i.e. you)

Your response when asked about anything is essentially "why should I care?"

How can you mentally justify not caring at all about nacho's vote, but being incredibly concerned with how I feel about it? Your wall of apathy towards any positive contribution is ridiculous.

You're evasive because you keep answering questions with questions, rather than giving a straight, direct answer. I will go through and chain quote you if you need it shoved in your face~

Saying answers to questions will be useful "down the road" is worthless, because right here, right now,
you're not doing anything and continue to do nothing~

I'm sorry, I was wrong to say you don't have reads. You do have reads, such as:

oh wait, you're still voting T S O, and your reason is "Why not?"

If you actually had any reads, wouldn't you be voting someone else, or at least have a reason for your vote? :3

But you're not, so you don't, and now you're raging to scare me/everyone else instead of actually proving me wrong about anything I've said~

See, I figure you were caught off guard by me calling you out early, and you didn't know how to react, and now you've basically trapped yourself, because you're scum and don't know how to convincingly fake scumhunting, which is why your posts are all smoke and mirrors, trying to create arguments and distractions instead of trying to be helpful in any way.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 120, Skullduggery wrote:Mmm. I feel I should comment on this too since this is kind of what I've been doing as well. I ask people for their opinions of the other players so that we can hold them accountable to those reads later down the line. If you say that someone is Null/Town early in the game and then you suddenly think they're Scum a little later, I can point back to your original read and ask you what changed between then and now. If you provide a weak explanation, then perhaps that's an avenue that's worth exploring. Town's opinions are genuine, but Scum's opinions of the other players are largely fabricated, so they have to be more vigilant about keeping track of that sort of thing. Therefore, they're more likely to post discrepancies that we can catch and question.

It's an elementary strategy, sure, but it gets the job done on day one where there isn't much else to go on.

It can be a useful strategy, to be sure - my problem is I don't see a purpose to anything he's doing. If there seems to be an underlying line of thought, a
thrust
to someone's questions where can see the suspicion lurking behind them, questions are great, questions are fine. But it's also a basic scum tactic to ask questions to appear involved in the conversation, while not stating opinions, in order to not push anyone or be held accountable to them later. I see more of that in him asking questions to people, particularly in things like not caring about nacho voting him, but asking me what I think of his vote - why ask the opinion of someone on something you yourself don't seem to care about?

Actually, come to think of it, he probably had no idea how to respond to nacho's vote so he tried to ignore it~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 119, jmo16mla wrote:I don't usually post "reads"

I don't think this is true, by the way~

Let's take a look at your town play in recent games:

"I'm content with my vote now." - "Newb scum OMGUSing makes sense."

"Manov was scummy for putting thenewearth at L-1."

"I see the case on the new earth. Do I think its worth a lynch? No."

irony

"It's haunted and rem. kill the scum."

"I'm conflicted. Argh. The majority if the case against rem is about his "I'm scum" posts and other odd accusations."

These are opinions, something you keep avoiding here with you "too cool for school" act. Also, nowhere in those games are you NEARLY as coy as you've been this game - there's engaging in dialogue, there's
content
of some kind
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 131, Belisarius wrote:Greetings and salutations and shit.

Got anything that's not related to the jmo/catboi fight? I think it's about time for that to be over.

What do you expect to happen if you don't do anything?

In post 139, Wisdom wrote:Meta, he's been stubborn and aggressive like that in both games I've played with him and he was town in both.

maybe that's just the kind of person he is~

In post 142, Skullduggery wrote:I will say that my Scum read on jmo has diminished a bit in the last few pages. His exasperation at Catboi rustling his jimmies seems legit. Not certain enough to change my vote yet, though.

I think he's legitimately annoyed, but it's because he thinks I caught him unfairly or for the "wrong" reasons. I don't think it's a tell. He still hasn't done anything.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:54 am

Post by catboi »

In post 184, Belisarius wrote:Fret not old bean, I know exactly what I'm doing.

I like this line, it's a town line~

frog's vote stinks, skullduggery doesn't look like scum. Doesn't explain what the "useless questions" are, most of what he's been posting seems to have a purpose and generally comes across as observant, thoughtful, genuine, etc. Also tries to make a big deal out of something pretty irrelevant in picking at skull stating he's town in a post, misses the part where he was critizing nacho.

Cyber's vote is meh, Who hasn't said a lot but he did have post #84 where he wasn't willing to bring jmo to L-1 which is a townish sort of concern so I don't feel like voting him

@Who:
Why is Wisdom your top town read?

@Skullduggery:
Why are you voting T S O, if cyber is your strongest scumread?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:36 am

Post by catboi »

Oh. Blah. How silly of me. Not sure yet what to make of it, though.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:38 am

Post by catboi »

In post 207, frog wrote:Also I'm going to ask you to stop tunneling on this slot now and move on, you have branched your focus out in your last post and I'd like to see more of that.

Well, no, I still don't read you as town and unless I find a stronger scum read I'm going to stay right where I am~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 211, Who wrote:@Catboi
No particular reason, he just seems to have been actively participating in this game since he joined, and I can find no hint of malicious intent. I don't understand Nacho's playstyle, and thus it would be easy for him to pretend to be doing what he is doing as scum, thus I cannot give him the top spot.

That's an awful weak reason to declare someone your top townread. I mean, isn't it in everyone's best interest to actively participate? Are you reading malicious intent from other players? Or are you saying he's actively pro-town? Because I wouldn't agree with that~

In post 216, Skullduggery wrote:Who is unwilling to bring a player to L-1 and that's a Townish concern. Skullduggery is unwilling to bring a player to L-1 and you're not sure what to make of it. How does that work?

Knew I'd get asked about this when I posted it. It's a matter of timing and wording, mostly - Who, at the time, said he wasn't sure about anyone else and wasn't pursuing that, where I just can't help but find it weird to be pressuring someone other than your top scumread. Not suspicious per se, just strange.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:16 am

Post by catboi »

In post 222, Cybertronix wrote:
In post 215, Wisdom wrote:^Reason? Anything more you want to say?

Sorry I meant to post again yesterday.

I want to look at my other scum reads of TSO, Skull and Beli as Who is looking less likely to be scum.

Why?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by catboi »

...you can't get town reads by process of elimination...
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:09 am

Post by catboi »

In post 239, Nachomamma8 wrote:I've been thinking on Cybertronix lately and I'm still 90% that he's scum. What is everyone else doing right now?

I'm waiting for him to give an answer toimy question before I settle on a read on him~

Would you care to go a little deeper as to why you think he's scum, though?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by catboi »

Nah. Too overt to be from scum~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:28 am

Post by catboi »

In post 264, T S O wrote:Skullduggery's post has numerous scumtells. His change in pace from being calm and collected when not under pressure to transforming into a raving maniac when there is pressure on him is exceptionally incriminating, as is his constant misrep and flaming of others. He refuses to respond to any points against him because he isn't able to, and his anger is trademark scum-under-pressure behaviour. This post. riddled with scumtells as it is, has cemented my suspicious that Skullduggery is scum, and I will now be pushing for his lynch very strongly. I would urge people to read this post and ask themselves, is it really what a Town member would post? Because I fail to see how it is in the slightest.

Frustration isn't inherently a scumtell, and your reliance on over the top rhetoric rather than substance reflects pretty poorly on you~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:54 am

Post by catboi »

Oh, you actually replied to him inside the quote block. That's totally unreadable. Replies go outside the quote block, thanks~

I mean you're just harping on "blatant scumtells" mostly and trying to contrive everything into being a scumtell, and I'm not buying it or your attitude at all.

The way Cybertronix backed down from his vote was incredibly scummy and looked like he was trying to look for a better wagon then couldn't handle it, and the fact that he's still playing in other games but couldn't handle this one makes my ears twitch - I know that's not an absolute tell but I thought he was being asked some pretty simple questions. orozorro's catchup post isn't great either. The one reason I held off voting is because I've had a lingering suspicion of nacho for a while - I was going to say he's lurking, but he has as many posts as me - the problem is I don't see him making much of a case anywhere and for being 90% sure cybertronix is scum, he didn't seem to care much if people followed his read, which is why I wanted to get an explanation out of him.

I'd probably still vote orozorro over skullduggery, though, as I don't like that lynch. Not sure what to make of frog given his response to me, doesn't make sense that he cares about me "tunneling" but doesn't mind me voting him if my focus is somewhere else. Instincts say closer to town wanting me to look somewhere else, but it doesn't make sense to me to not care if someone says they're parking their vote on you. Blah.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (isolation #30) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:07 pm

Post by catboi »

:s

UNVOTE:

VOTE: orozorro

I think this is a better vote than Skullduggery, I think someone getting angry is more related to their personality and none of the other points against him are very strong. orozorro hasn't made a ton of sense so I'm willing to make this vote though I have reservations about people.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by catboi »

UNVOTE:

No need to lynch a PR claim on day 1 if there's no counter claim.

I need to do some reading and think about who I suspect, but in general I'd probably vote anyone but skullduggery or belisarius.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (isolation #32) » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:14 am

Post by catboi »

Uhh...

I was going to come into today fairly confident in town reads on T S O, Who, and Skullduggery, but I can't make any sense of that kill. At all.

Oh yeah, and I town read Wisdom too because he was the first to jump on Cybertronix.

Which really just leaves Belisarius and Majiffy. And I know who I suspect more out of those two~

VOTE: Majiffy
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (isolation #33) » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Post by catboi »

frog's confirmed town, but I guess you weren't paying attention :3
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by catboi »

Do you think orozorro's first move on replacing in would be to try to bus?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:39 am

Post by catboi »

In post 412, T S O wrote:Majiffy, I know you're playing flippantly, but it doesn't excuse you not explaining why you think Belisarius was/is scum. It's not helping your cause at all.
Why criticize him if you agree with him?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (isolation #36) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 422, Majiffy wrote:When I get around to re-reading I will.
Why do you need to re-read to provide an answer to this?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (isolation #37) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by catboi »

The fact that you're still voting him suggests you have a reason to be doing so, I don't see why it would require a reread to explain your vote~

or maybe you're full of it and don't have a real reason, so you need to buy time to make some up? :3
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by catboi »

No, I'm reading the day, I just don't believe anything you have to say~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (isolation #39) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 432, Majiffy wrote:Sounds like a personal problem.
sounds like you're scum.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (isolation #40) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:58 am

Post by catboi »

I do think it's possible beli is scum, I just like my vote better where it is~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (isolation #41) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by catboi »

Well that or you're just laying roadworks to attack him later in the game~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 450, Majiffy wrote:I would say you never let me down, Catboi... but that'd be a boldfaced lie.
I have nothing to add, really. ヽ(ー_ー )ノ

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”