Newbie 1368: Title Pending

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed May 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Candillan »

Not gonna screw up my intro post this time \o/
VOTE: LnGrrrR
That's too many R's for my liking.

Hey Raven!
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Wed May 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by Candillan »

It's not too much of an inconvenience, and it certainly stands out from the other posts. I'm fine with it.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Wed May 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by Candillan »

Mod wrote:
How's this reddish-orange thing?
That works.
In post 9, Ravenpaw wrote:Hey Candi and hey everyone else!
In post 5, Candillan wrote:Not gonna screw up my intro post this time \o/
Lol.

Vote: Syr

Sheep the IC everybody!
Forever buddying Raven.
VOTE: Syr
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Wed May 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by Candillan »

Wait whoops that's L-1 nopenope
UNVOTE: Syr
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Wed May 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by Candillan »

It's a shameless sheeping of the person I am forever buddying. Not sure if that counts as RVS or not? It didn't have any actual reasoning, no.
(I swear if another bandwagon forms on me because of my freaking RVS vote I will flip tables >_>)
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 35, numberfour wrote:Sorry. I was going to make notes on that and forgot. Oops. :P
You still haven't done this. Can you do it now?
In post 42, LnGrrrR wrote:
I'm wondering why you feel so sure about a mislynch the first day.
Me too.
Meanwhile, I'm also feeling scumvibes coming from you, but I can't put my finger on why. Call it gut. :/
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Fri May 03, 2013 5:45 am

Post by Candillan »

Speaking of lurkers...
I have been feeling unwell for the past couple of days, and that's why I haven't been here. Sorry about that.
As for numberfour, at this point, I doubt there would be any random votes. At this point, it isn't a 'random lynch'. We're quickly producing reads on players in order to determine if they seem town or not, and looking at interactions in order to find what pairs are likely, and what pairs are unlikely.

(Sorry if that didn't make sense, I'm still feeling blegh.)

As per meta arguments, I see those as garbage, to put it bluntly. People can easily defy their meta, especially when it's a newbie game, and we only have a couple games played. Using that as a basis for why we should vote or not vote someone won't convince me.
Mmyeah, sorry again if that didn't make sense.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Fri May 03, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Candillan »

Oh, by 'haven't been here', I mean 'haven't been posting as much as I did last game I was in'.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Fri May 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by Candillan »

Welcome to the game, Archetype.
Read up, and then you can post a real vote. :wink:
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #9) » Fri May 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 75, Ravenpaw wrote: This slightly bothers me. The game has just started Candi, why are you sensitive about your activity already?
Because I'm sick, and won't be able to post often. Just letting you all know that I'm not lurking. :P
If it really does heavily interfere with the game, though, I'll replace out. :/
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #10) » Sun May 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by Candillan »

Syryana, I'm not liking how your vote keeps jumping around. Seems to me like you're scum trying to keep his options open. >_>
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Sun May 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 88, Syryana wrote:Honestly, depends on the OMGUS. I've seen OMGUS that made me go "ehrmagerd they're so scum" and I've seen OMGUS where my reaction was roughly "meh".

In general though, I interpret OMGUS as a null tell.
Tbh you're null leaning scum, but I don't want to take the chance of letting a lolhammer happen (Re: Newbie 1335 - Day 1) on page four. :P
As for the omgus, that really didn't affect my read on you at all. I dunno how to word it, but it didn't surprise me in the slightest.

In all seriousness, who do you see as scummy? You/numberfour/LnGrrrR are giving me scumvibes, and I don't like it because I know I'm wrong about at least one of them. These are also subject to change when Shaboostein and Archetype post their thoughts.

Numberfour, you //still// haven't commented on those posts you quoted. Would you care to do so now, please?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #12) » Sun May 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 90, LnGrrrR wrote:Candy, any reason in particular I'm giving you scumvibes? Or just a "feeling"?
No reason in particular. I mean, I just read you in ISO, and your posts do seem more town than when I read them before, so I dunno. :?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Mon May 06, 2013 2:43 pm

Post by Candillan »

Grimgroove wrote:
Candillan

In post 95, Candillan wrote:
In post 90, LnGrrrR wrote:Candy, any reason in particular I'm giving you scumvibes? Or just a "feeling"?
No reason in particular. I mean, I just read you in ISO, and your posts do seem more town than when I read them before, so I dunno. :?

Gives me a funny feeling, he seems a bit dodgy to me, also because Ravenpaw still seems wary of him. I don’t like the way he apologizes for inactivity, while he has not been inactive at all. And I mainly don’t like the above quote.
I've been a lot less active than I was in my last game, and I was explaining why.
Activity is relative, and I felt as if I wasn't properly pulling my weight as town.

I don't know what Raven thinks of me, but it's perfectly understandable for her to be wary of me. All players should be wary of one another, but her read on me (which I don't recall her ever stating, actually), should not affect your read on me, nor anyone else's.
Grimgroove wrote:It feels to me he added LnGrrrR completely randomly to his scumreads, and can’t defend this choice as soon as he’s asked for it. If reading his ISO doesn’t make him suspicious, I don’t see how reading LnGrrR in the thread makes this any different. Scumread.
Yet, later, you say:
My main scumreads are thus: Syryana, RachMarie, ArcheType and Candillan. Which is obviously too much,
but the daystage is still young so it’s not bad to keep the options open.
So how is my suspicion of him any different from your suspicion on others, aside from my reasoning being gut?

Also, this suspicion hadn't just arisen, I had originally felt it a few days ago. Reassessing the origin of my suspicion, I found that it didn't feel as scummy as it had before.
In post 48, Candillan wrote: Meanwhile, I'm also feeling scumvibes coming from [LnGrrrR], but I can't put my finger on why. Call it gut. :/
I even admitted that his posts seem more town after rereading them. How does this ring of scum keeping his options open? Closing this many doors to potential lynches isn't something I think scum would do. :?
It's an early day 1 read. Why are you so critical of that in particular?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #14) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by Candillan »

Eh, I'm always concerned about looking town. That's just how I play. If I don't have to convince you all I'm town, then it's much easier to scumhunt.
I find it a lot harder to scumhunt when you have an L-1 bandwagon on you.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #15) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Post by Candillan »

Yeah, I'm not an aggressive player either.
I'm also wary of trusting really anyone in the game. Last time I saw someone as supertown, she turned out to be scum. :(
Meanwhile, I feel like I should post my reads while I have time, even though two players have only posted once. :roll:

Ravenpaw
seems to be posting the same way as in the last game I played with her, so I see her as townie.

Numberfour
and
Syryana
seem scummy to me. Syryana because his accusations jump around everywhere, and he doesn't seem to want to commit to a scumread any time soon. Numberfour is moreso null, but his discussion about random lynching and no lynching seemed like an easy way to be seen as contributing to the discussion, and he hasn't actually accused anyone of being scummy aside from a slight fos on LnGrrrR.

I would like to see
Shaboostein
and
Archetype
post more than once. Please. They're both null, slowly descending into the depths of scumhood.

Grimgroove
is leaning town, and I like how he's actually assembling reads and promoting discussion. Can't say I like how many scumreads he has, but that's probably just him being critical of behavior, which is good.

You,
RachMarie
(May I call you Marie for short?), are also leaning town. Call that one gut, but who do you see as scummy?

LnGrrrR
was originally leaning scum for me, but now he's null. I don't even know why I saw/see him as eerily scummy, but I can't shake that feeling. Not the scummiest in this game, though.

Without further adieu,
VOTE: Syryana
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #16) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:44 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 112, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 104, Candillan wrote: but her read on me (which I don't recall her ever stating, actually), should not affect your read on me, nor anyone else's.
As long as Ravenpaw leans town for me coupled with the fact that she knows how you post as town, it's only natural for me to take her read on you into account. I'm not saying it's what I'll be basing my opinion for you entirely on, but the link between the two of you is something that offers opportunities.
Fair enough.
Grimgroove wrote:
Candillan wrote:
Grimgroove wrote:It feels to me he added LnGrrrR completely randomly to his scumreads, and can’t defend this choice as soon as he’s asked for it. If reading his ISO doesn’t make him suspicious, I don’t see how reading LnGrrR in the thread makes this any different. Scumread.
Yet, later, you say:
My main scumreads are thus: Syryana, RachMarie, ArcheType and Candillan. Which is obviously too much,
but the daystage is still young so it’s not bad to keep the options open.
So how is my suspicion of him any different from your suspicion on others, aside from my reasoning being gut?

Also, this suspicion hadn't just arisen, I had originally felt it a few days ago. Reassessing the origin of my suspicion, I found that it didn't feel as scummy as it had before.
In post 48, Candillan wrote: Meanwhile, I'm also feeling scumvibes coming from [LnGrrrR], but I can't put my finger on why. Call it gut. :/
Also gut reasoning should have a certain basis that is demonstratable somehow. I find it very odd you can't point out what triggered that gut feeling as soon as you're asked about it. That's why I find there's a difference between my suspicions and yours. I'm willing to be held accountable for them, you just throw them away as soon as you're asked about your reasons.

When you felt a suspicion arising a few days ago, surely you should remember what post/sequence of posts triggered it, or some aura around them or something. Anything concrete really, as an explanation for putting LnGrrrR in that list. You never explained the trigger for your suspicions, you just said they were there, and once asked about it you just said that the suspicions were wrong. What are we to do with this information?
Something about the way he posts seemed insincere. I truly can't explain it further than that.
Grimgroove wrote:
Candillan wrote:I even admitted that his posts seem more town after rereading them. How does this ring of scum keeping his options open? Closing this many doors to potential lynches isn't something I think scum would do. :?
This many doors? You consider "one door" (LnGrrrR) "this many"?
And what scum would do or not do, I think this is finally a true WIFOM argument, so not getting into that, but adding LnGrrrR to that list did reek of that particular strategy. You only closed it once you were called out to defend your position.
Yeah, when I was asked to provide reasoning, I went to go quote some posts of his that stood out as scummy. Reading through them again, I didn't find them as insincere/scummy as I previously did.

By "this many", I didn't mean just LnGrrrR. Based on the reads that I gave, I only have two/three scumreads. That'd make it pretty hard for me to 180 later on to push a lynch, no?
Grimgroove wrote:
Candillan wrote:It's an early day 1 read. Why are you so critical of that in particular?
I'm always critical of opinions that are proclaimed but not properly explained, no matter how early they come. Maybe I'm trying to approach this too rationally, but I don't believe these gut reads come falling out of the sky. There had to be a reason for your gut feeling and I want to know it. If you can't give me a reason, I'm inclined to think you're scum just randomly adding suspects without any real motivation behind it.
Fair enough.
Personally, when I say gut, it's because there's something about them that I find scummy that I either can't put my finger on or can't put into words. I'm not going to make up some silly argument when that's not the reason I find him scummy.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #17) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Candillan »

Hi Syryana I'm in the process of doing that right now lol one minute
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #18) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 114, Syryana wrote:Candillan, where are these accusations you speak of? Also, why do you find it scummy I don't want to give reads, when the reason I stated I don't want to give reads is that two people haven't posted and those two still haven't posted?

VOTE: Candillan

I'll look at GG's wall later. I'm bloody tired.
I understand why you don't want to give reads yet. I don't understand why your vote keeps jumping around. I don't like that.
Also, your reasoning as to why you vote someone doesn't seem legitimate. Seems like an easy way to be seen as active for little effort.

I also don't like how you seem to be acting as an extra IC. Quite a few of your posts are just explaining things that the IC could explain, or the wiki. Again, it seems to be an easy way to seem active.

Though you may proclaim it as OMGUS, that doesn't make it any better. It's still OMGUS, and it doesn't help at all.

(Not sure why I said accusations, lol.)
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #19) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:18 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 122, Syryana wrote:Has anyone noticed Candillan and Ravenpaw have posted damn near identical reasons for finding each other town?
Well, that's because that's what we think? I dunno what to say here other than that. It is what it is. :?

PEDIT:
If I'm reiterating points, then that means I believe that argument. I don't believe my posts reiterate much, anyway, but oh well.

How come you gave a read on Archetype, but not Shaboostein, when they both only had one post?

I also don't really understand your opinion on Syryana. You're calling him null (or that's what I took from it) because of wifom? You could say all of us are null because of wifom, so why single him out?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #20) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Candillan »

Null means they don't particularly lean to either scum or town, or that it //could// be either one.
And I personally think I'm adding to the conversation. Can you state where I've been reiterating?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #21) » Tue May 07, 2013 8:08 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 129, Syryana wrote:
In post 124, Candillan wrote:I understand why you don't want to give reads yet. I don't understand why your vote keeps jumping around. I don't like that.
Also, your reasoning as to why you vote someone doesn't seem legitimate. Seems like an easy way to be seen as active for little effort.

I also don't like how you seem to be acting as an extra IC. Quite a few of your posts are just explaining things that the IC could explain, or the wiki. Again, it seems to be an easy way to seem active.

Though you may proclaim it as OMGUS, that doesn't make it any better. It's still OMGUS, and it doesn't help at all.

(Not sure why I said accusations, lol.)
I'm considering applying to being an IC at some point. You might call this practice.

Which of my reasons for votes do not seem legitimate to you and why?

The OMGUS vote was a joke. My recent vote on you is not.

List of reads:
Town:
Grim

Leaning Town:
Longer

Null:
Shab
Arche
RM
number

Leaning scum:
Raven

Scum:
Candillan

Most of the reads above you can probably figure out. Grim's super townie, Longer's almost as good, but his argument with number struck me as a bit off (gut, don't ask).

The lurkers are in the null pile. Number's in the null pile because I can't decide how to interpret his insistence on a no-lynch. RM I can't read for shit. Maybe if she posts some more.

Raven was pretty high on my town list until that "Candillan is town because he was that way before". That pinged heavy on my scumdar simply because of how eerily similar it was to Candillan's assessment of Raven. Perhaps if someone linked the game in question..?

Candillan keeps doing strange things: re-RVSing for no apparent reason (and incidentally putting me at L-1), a reads list that cites actions but no motivations (and number made a great point about him parroting what others are saying) and he's not taking any initiative in putting his own ideas out there, instead "reiterating" points others make (e.g. my voting style). Candillan's play thus far comes off to me as hesitant scum trying to emulate his townplay.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25685 <--Game in question

Practice or not, I still see the majority of your posts as being fluff.

Well, if I say that I see actions as scummy, then I think there's scum motivation behind it.
Motivations --> Hypotheticals --> WIFOM.
Stating actions suffices, I feel.

I //still// see no examples of me parroting. Please quote //something// that was parroting. I see no examples of this, and I'd like to see what you guys see that's parroting.
Meanwhile, half of that post is you reiterating what no.4 said in his reads post.

(Funny how the two people I saw as being scum start attacking me as soon as I call them scum.)

I'm not 'hesitant scum trying to emulate his townplay', I'm townme acting as me, and for some reason, people tend to see that as scummy.

I still see your case as OMGUS, personally.

You also posted your reads //even though// you just said in your last post why you weren't posting them yet.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #22) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Post by Candillan »

You and I clearly remember that game differently. ;~;
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #23) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Post by Candillan »

We did pretty well, actually, for having both our PR's killed in the first day/night.
(Sorry for that ending though, I still feel terrible.)
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #24) » Wed May 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by Candillan »

What about the two of us seems scummy?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #25) » Wed May 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Post by Candillan »

Mmm, another thing about that. Don't call something "too obvious". If it's obvious, then it's obvious. The ideas of "too scummy to be scum" or "too obvious" are flawed. Don't use that as a reason as to why someone is town.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #26) » Thu May 09, 2013 8:01 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 156, Crandaja wrote:
In post 155, Ravenpaw wrote: Coincidence in that we've already played a game together, then yeah.
Also, you missed answering my question.
Actually I did. I said no it does not.
Erm, if I'm not mistaken, I think she was referring to numberfour. :P
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #27) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by Candillan »

Raven, I don't recall you posting your reads, either. :P
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #28) » Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 178, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 107, Candillan wrote:Eh, I'm always concerned about looking town. That's just how I play. If I don't have to convince you all I'm town, then it's much easier to scumhunt.
I find it a lot harder to scumhunt when you have an L-1 bandwagon on you.
I find this reasoning very scummy.

As town you let actions speak for themselves. The only thing to do is to scumhunt. If you do it well, or at least convincingly, chances of you ending up on L-1 are much more slim, and you are moving towards the goal of the game. The goal of a townie is to find scum first, and to survive second. The goal of scum is to survive first and only.
The "concern of looking town" translates into a "concern for survival". And I think such concerns are more prevalent in scummy mindsets than in townie ones.

I also don't see why having votes on you, even if it's L-1, would make it more difficult to scumhunt. As town it'd be an actual extra motivation to hunt more, because once you flip people know your arguments are genuine, and maybe they can do something with them. It's only as scum that it gets more stressful, because if you mess up in your scumhunting in that stage it will cost you your head. Moreover, all the information you give in your hunt could not only be used against you, but also against your remaining scumbuddy.

Could you explain why, in your eyes, having an L-1 on you makes it more difficult to scumhunt?

Ok, one more coming up on Crandaja's reads. Should be a short one :)

Another notice to the mod: Will be V/LA again this weekend starting from tonight, will be back on Monday.
When I got to L-1 in my last game, I was scumhunting, but everything I said became 'deflection'. Your points may matter after you're dead, but I'd rather people believe me when I'm alive.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #29) » Sat May 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by Candillan »

VOTE: Shaboostein
It makes me mad that the person who pointed this out is the person I had my chief scumread on. >_>
(Also note how he returned just an hour after his name was mentioned. This really does seem like active lurking.)
I think that's L-1?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #30) » Sat May 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 180, Bitmap wrote:
VC 1.5

Candillan (1)
: Archetype
shaboostein (2)
: Ravenpaw, Syryana
Syryana (2)
: RachMarie, Candillan
numberfour (1)
: Grimgroove
Not Voting
: numberfour, shaboostein, LnGrrRr

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2013-05-22 17:19:00)

Grimgroove is V/LA until 5/13.
It's not like anyone would hammer without a claim. That'd be instadeath tomorrow.
Also, this sounds kinda odd considering you were just asking for more votes on him...?

Your points on Shaboo were good, but I'm still not feeling good about your slot, Syryana.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #31) » Sat May 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by Candillan »

Wait, how did that end up quoting the mod...?
Eh, ignore that.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #32) » Sat May 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Post by Candillan »

But again, that would be instadeath for the hammerer, pretty much.
The L-1 is for pressure, so Shaboo won't be able to actively lurk.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #33) » Sat May 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by Candillan »

Same thing, really.
And I'm pretty sure nobody here would derphammer at this point considering we've talked about it.
I'm also not keen on the idea of you wielding the hammer.

Doublepedit:
@Rach, It seems scummy how he would tell us to vote up Shaboo, then unvote saying that he's worried about a derphammer that likely won't happen. Seems like a grab at townpoints. >_>

@LnGrrrR, I always read up on the thread before I post. Who wouldn't? Is that just me?
Also, I was looking at the vote count to make sure that wasn't a hammer, but I don't recall quoting it o_o
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #34) » Sat May 11, 2013 9:13 pm

Post by Candillan »

Eh, okay, but I still don't feel good about Syryana's play here.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #35) » Sun May 12, 2013 11:51 am

Post by Candillan »

If I'm the only one on your scum list, why aren't you voting me? And the L-1 got you to post, did it not?
What about Syryana is making him more town?
What about Rach and number is making you lean scum on them?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #36) » Mon May 13, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 216, shaboostein wrote:
In post 210, Candillan wrote:If I'm the only one on your scum list, why aren't you voting me? And the L-1 got you to post, did it not?
What about Syryana is making him more town?
What about Rach and number is making you lean scum on them?
1st - I'm usually conservative with my vote. My scumread on you isnt 100% and I don't intend to vote unless it becomes so. Question: Is that perceived as anti-town?
2nd - Touche. I agree with Syryana about what L-1 means though.
3rd - Syryana seems to be actively scumhunting and his catch on myself has raised him to leaning town. I was acting scummy and he made good points on something that I guess others didn't see (at least Cran didn't)
4th - The absence of any scumhunting or suspects from Rach despite the activity. I initially was reading numberfour's posts as newbscum, but on closer inspection he's more null.
1 - Fair enough, that isn't anti-town.
3 - Ehhh, fair enough, but I still see him as being scummy.
4 - Fair enough on Rach. Why is numberfour in your leaning scum pile if you read him as more null?
In post 212, Grimgroove wrote: * What's even more weird, is that Candillan obeys to Syryana's request, even though Syryana has been on his scum-list since forever. Why follow someone so easily if you suspect him?
His points were good, and the vote was for pressure moreso than me thinking he's scum.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #37) » Mon May 13, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Candillan »

Oh, right.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Syryana
You're still the scummiest one I see.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #38) » Mon May 13, 2013 10:01 am

Post by Candillan »

Why Crandaja?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #39) » Tue May 14, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Candillan »

I see numberfour as being scummy. Grim's points on him were good, and I've found his posts to be bothersome, myself.

I stated my case on Syryana a few pages ago, and I still believe it. I'll go find that in a sec; it's hard to do while phone posting :/

Is it bad if I can already see a Syryana-numberfour scumteam? The way the two interact with each other seems odd, and it doesn't seem like how two towns act. I'm fine with a lynch on either one of them.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #40) » Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 am

Post by Candillan »

109, 124, 126, and 130 contain some good points IMO.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #41) » Tue May 14, 2013 5:45 pm

Post by Candillan »

The game I played before this actually moved a lot faster, even though our days took longer. The game was like 55 pages I think?
Pertaining to this wagon forming, I'm A-okay with a numberfour lynch.
VOTE: numberfour
That's L-1. Nobody hammer without stating intent.

That should prevent derphammers, lolhammers, and things of the like. :D

Meanwhile, I just realized Rach's vote is still her RVS vote. Though I may approve of the person she's voting, I'm uneasy about the fact that you still haven't given us anything to work with.
I want to believe you're town, Rach. Please don't give me reason not to. :(
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #42) » Tue May 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by Candillan »

Hammer is the vote that lynches the person. In this case, the fifth vote on a wagon.
Stating intent is to basically say "I plan on hammering you, claim up or tell me why I shouldn't."
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #43) » Tue May 14, 2013 10:06 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 237, Edosurist wrote:
VC 1.7

shaboostein (1)
: Crandaja
Syryana (1)
: RachMarie
I'd like to take a look at these two votes here.
Rach's vote I just spoke about. It's still her RVS vote, and she hasn't stated any reason as to why she's keeping it there. She hasn't indicated that she finds Syryana scummy. Hopefully I'll see an explanation for this.

Crand, do you think shaboo is scum, or is that vote still on for pressure?

This game needs a boost of energy, yes.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #44) » Wed May 15, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Candillan »

I'd write that in bold or something, so it stands out for him to see.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #45) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Candillan »

Uh, I don't know when 2pm is where you are, and I doubt that number knows either. :l
2pm in which timezone? hahaha
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #46) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Candillan »

So yeah, we have a week until deadline, and this game has a terrible case of the stalls.
Number needs to post, Rach needs to post, and so do others.
Syryana, when I said "how two towns act", I mean "How two towns interact". Sorry about the typo.

Number is scummy. Rach I want to believe is town, but she's not giving me much to work with. Shaboo I see as being fairly scummy, as well. Syryana you're still down there with number.

The rest of you can go in my town pile by process of elimination.

But seriously can we start posting more I hate coming back to no new posts. Makes me sad :(

pedit:
Ohay three new posts just as I complain about no activity wow
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #47) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:59 pm

Post by Candillan »

@Mod - Maybe you should just do a mass prod :P

I guess we can wait for a replacement. *sigh*
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #48) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by Candillan »

Bah? o_o

pedit:
His read on you seemed scummy.
He called you null because you're obvious scum but then wifom or something I didn't quite understand. Seemed like an easy way to call his partner null without a proper reason. That stood out to me, and I called him out on it. (Figures, he then went on to not explain it.)
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #49) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Candillan »

Yes but Archetype --> Crandaja, and Crandaja looks town.
You, on the other hand, do not.
Seems like he's dismissing scummy behavior as wifom.

Pedit:
Oh. We don't //have// to wait, but I'd prefer to do so. Lynching a PR day one would really suck. (Believe me, I've been through it before. :P )
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #50) » Wed May 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by Candillan »

Your votes are jumpy. You seem to be scavenging for townpoints. A lot of your posts seem like fluff.
That's as simple as I can make it.

What do you mean by "So, scum associative tells only apply if you find both ends of the association scummy."?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #51) » Wed May 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by Candillan »

........Darn it, you have a good point.

I tend to get lost in tunnels, and I need to stop doing that. :oops:
I still think number is scummy, and I do want to keep my eye on you. You're null again, I guess.
>_>
<_<
I should probably go to sleep.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #52) » Wed May 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 273, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 255, Candillan wrote:Rach I want to believe is town
This is the second time I see you say that. Why do you "want" to believe she's town? And what does this even mean? Does it mean you don't believe she's town? Does it mean the contrary, that you actually think she's scummy, but wish it weren't so. Or is your desire to believe she's town, enough to actually believe she is? Why this positive bias towards her? Please clarify this phrase.
I got good feelings from her at the beginning of the day, and I don't want them to be wrong. It would fall under "scummy behavior, but still hopes she is town".
Grimgroove wrote:
That's a rather awkward acquiescence.
And saying Syryana's posts are fluff is truly ridiculous. I can't recall a single one that is. Where did that come from? I'd call that a "lie" or at the very least a "misrep", both of which are scummy in my book.
Also the fact that you drop the case so easily is rather weird. Ever since post you've been on my radar. Now I think the time has come for this:

FoS: Candillan
Misrep? Sure.
Intentional? No.
It was mainly the IC comments that seemed fluffy to me. He defended that by saying he's training to become an IC, but I wasn't seeing much else. I called him out on that, and that was the basis of my case. He hasn't been doing that recently, and I
realized
that, so I stopped tunneling. As I said, I do plan on keeping my eye on him. I'm not putting him in my town pile by any means, and I haven't "dropped the case so easily".

(Also, I was tired. Nothing made sense to me. Lame as an excuse as that sounds, it's true. It did have some truth to it, though.)
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #53) » Thu May 16, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 277, Grimgroove wrote:@Candillan: You have always managed to hand a reply to some individual assertions, but all in all you seem to be able to grab my attention quite often.

I think I'm going to try and make another reads list before the weekend, my first one isn't really up to date anymore.

PS: This pace is excruciating. What time zone are you guys in? I'm GMT+1 and sometimes feel I'm alone over here :(
Yeah, I guess I just have an aura of scumminess around me or something. Both games I've been in, people think I'm scummy from d1 for some reason, even though I'm town :(

I'm in GMT-5. (EST)
RachMarie wrote:I am here give me time to read up before hammering peeps we still have almost a week to deadline...
Yeah, I think we're waiting until number posts/gets replaced.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #54) » Thu May 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 281, Crandaja wrote:
In post 279, shaboostein wrote:
In post 277, Grimgroove wrote:@Candillan: You have always managed to hand a reply to some individual assertions, but all in all you seem to be able to grab my attention quite often.

I think I'm going to try and make another reads list before the weekend, my first one isn't really up to date anymore.

PS: This pace is excruciating. What time zone are you guys in? I'm GMT+1 and sometimes feel I'm alone over here :(
I'm EST (-5 I think)
This is the only thing you post? Seriously?
Took the words right out of my mouth.
C'mon, Shaboo. :/
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #55) » Thu May 16, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by Candillan »

Sigh, you and I feel the same way.
@Mod, I really think this game should get a mass prod. :/
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #56) » Thu May 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by Candillan »

Alright, I understand.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #57) » Thu May 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Post by Candillan »

Shaboo comes in, says nothing about anything that's going on, then leaves.
I'm honestly considering lynching him today. It's like he isn't even trying.
What do you guys think? Number or Shaboo? I'm on board with either one.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #58) » Thu May 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by Candillan »

In the words of Syryana,
Syryana wrote:If we're going to lynch a lurker, we need to do it today. We won't have the luxury to do so later in the game.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #59) » Fri May 17, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 299, Syryana wrote:
In post 290, Candillan wrote:In the words of Syryana,
Syryana wrote:If we're going to lynch a lurker, we need to do it today. We won't have the luxury to do so later in the game.
We're not lynching people because they're lurkers, Cand. We're lynching them because they're scummy.
Yeah, and this lurking seems awfully scummy.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #60) » Fri May 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Post by Candillan »

Yeeshus, I hate playing scum. Ugh.

Sigh, this game made me feel bad whenever I read it and suspicion was placed on number ;_; I'm not cut out to be scum.

Meanwhile, everyone seemed to have a gut scumread on me, and that kept worrying the living daylights out of me. That's partially why I started to push a shaboo lynch :P
Shaboo, you were right. You need to stop lurking though, it's terrible. >_>

Syryana, you put up a good fight. I had to drop the case on you. It was like trying to break down a brick wall with marshmallows. >_>
Grim, you win the award for being best scum 2013, but I was worrying because you would have to explain eventually why you were still alive.
Raven, I'm sorry. ;~;
Crand, you were good at looking town.
Rach, everyone was fooled by Grim, haha.
Number, tbh I didn't understand the case on you. It was an easy lynch, though, so why not?
LnGrrrR, you were also good at looking town, lol.
Edos, darn you for making me scum. >_>
Candi, you're still a sexy beast. Stop being scum, though. It doesn't suit you.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #61) » Fri May 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Post by Candillan »

Oh, who were the PRs?
I was thinking Raven and Crand.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #62) » Fri May 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by Candillan »

Yeah, true.
Speaking of 2of4....
@Mod, will the restart also be the 2of4 setup?

Wait, do I even need to bold that anymore, lol.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #63) » Fri May 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Candillan »

Meh, I still prefer playing town. I don't understand people who like playing as scum. >_>
I may not be a sub-par liar, but it kills me inside whenever I have to do it. ;~;
Hopefully our lovely mod will give me a town role next time? ;)

That setup sounds interesting. Is it nightless? Is the gunbearer kill-immune?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #64) » Fri May 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Post by Candillan »

For the record, everything I said that wasn't me accusing someone of being scum was true.
I do think meta arguments are trash, I don't see myself as being an aggressive player, and I do play to look town and
then
scumhunt.

Also, I really was feeling unwell before D:

Oh one more thing Grim you were bussing me to death ;~;
I mean, it worked because if I was to flip, you'd look even more town than you already were (if that was possible?), but you don't want to get your rolecop lynched d1 :(
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #65) » Fri May 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Post by Candillan »

Meanwhile, hopefully when the game resets we'll actually have frequent posts.
I hate coming here one day after almost 24 hours and seeing one new post. It made me sad. :(
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #66) » Fri May 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by Candillan »

Oh wait
I just realized
Shaboo and Grim are only going to see this on monday LOL
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #67) » Fri May 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Post by Candillan »

;~;
Wait, Raven, were you a PR?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #68) » Fri May 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 319, Syryana wrote:Candillan doesn't surprise me. Grim does.

Wretched scummy lurkers!
I was waiting for that. You get bragging rights. :P

Who *was* a PR? o_o

Pedit:
Hope everything works out, Rach! D:
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #69) » Fri May 17, 2013 9:17 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 318, Ravenpaw wrote:Nope, plain olde milli vanilli is I.
Heh, I thought your posting less often was you trying to stay out of the limelight as supertown.
Also, this game was boring. I don't blame you for being lazy :P
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #70) » Fri May 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Post by Candillan »

Loving how this thread is the most active when the game isn't being played.
~lol~
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #71) » Fri May 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Post by Candillan »

How would I have been cleared of suspicion?
I mean, I guess Raven would be on the chopping block if I had flipped first, but I wouldn't see her as scummy //because// I flipped scum. I felt like buddying isn't necessarily indicative of alignment. I personally would have gone after Syryana and you if I was a townie who just saw this slot flip. It was made to seem like bussing in the case of me going down in flames.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #72) » Sat May 18, 2013 11:08 am

Post by Candillan »

Doctor/Jailkeeper
Oh man yeah Grim and I were screwed.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #73) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Post by Candillan »

Fun fact: I was gonna kill Crand tonight, haha. I was also gonna rolecop Raven.
Seems like I was 1/2. :p
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #74) » Sun May 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Candillan »

It's because you seemed the most town! I wonder who Shaboo would've jailkept o_o
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #75) » Mon May 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Candillan »

Meh, I guess not, but just know that if it wasn't Grim, Crandaja would have died. ;D

Crand, I'm wondering too, lol. This game has been both slow to start and slow to restart. >_>
It isn't Edos' fault, though.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #76) » Mon May 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by Candillan »

That's odd, 'cause Singer was on earlier today...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”