Newbie 1487: Mafia. [SCUM WIN!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Achilles »

Like GM said earlier, no point in putting anyone at L-2 right now because if we're wrong then the two mafia can just vote and end the game. If we put someone at L-2, we must be certain of them being scum.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

Prodding TheAegis.

VoteCount 3.1
# of VotesPlayerCurrently Voted by
1Disturbed_OneAchilles
1JacobSavagegameplay506

Not Voting:

JacobSavage
goodmorning
TheAegis
Disturbed_One

With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-05-10 00:28:24)

Please
bold
any requests to me/errors in the VC, etc.[/area]
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:21 am

Also hopefully you guys can boost the activity.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:53 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

I actually think best bet for scum is TheAegis. La seemed fairly pro-town, but TheAegis' push on Gameplay seems like a scum play.

VOTE: TheAegis

@ Achilles:

I honestly don't see JS as scummy. I can see DP as scummy, but if anything JS is neutral.
I am the self-made liberator,
I am the alpha and omega.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:08 am

Post by gameplay506 »

That looks just like ur desperate DO but I still find JS scummier compared to you. Also Achilles I just read some of DO's posts and if you look at his last post in day 1 you'll see that DO put pressure on DP as well as he did on day 2. If you ask me if DO was Js's scum buddy I don't think he was going to atack him in such an early stage in the game. I still find DO's not voting suspicious but as you see if we are going to consider JS and DO scum buddies we have to take this into accout and if we do so DO has to become our second target not our main one. That's why I think JS's case is a lot scummier and we have to lynch the player who we are sure of being scum not a player who became scummy because of one action compared to a player being scummy the whole game. Also GM said she was sure of JS being scum so that becomes just another reason for us to lynch JS especially for GM.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:58 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 403, Disturbed_One wrote:I honestly don't see JS as scummy. I can see DP as scummy, but if anything JS is neutral.
The slot is the same. I don't understand why you read them separately.
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by Achilles »

I have loads of schoolwork until Wednesday, but I'll re-read the DO/JS slots. I think GP made a good point in post 404 that I had not thought about, but I want to review the posts myself.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Ugh okay activity's running slow so I'm replacing TheAegis, who never even appeared to have read his first prod.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:01 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

@ gameplay:

What looks desperate about that? I legitimately think Aegis is scum. I'm surprised no one else really seems to be pursuing this.
I am the self-made liberator,
I am the alpha and omega.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:38 am

Post by gameplay506 »

It seems like you are trying to lead us to another direction and save yourself
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:25 am

Post by JacobSavage »

I have a shit ton to do before Thursday so will be pretty much absent
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:16 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Well the activity here isn't high so it won't be a problem, I guess.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:21 am

Allen_and_the_M replaces TheAegis effectively immediately after he confirms role PM. Welcome him (and hope activity goes back up)!
Allen_and_the_M
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:09 am

Post by Allen_and_the_M »

Hey guys, I'm still reading through the pages, am now at page 8, but I have to do some things today, I don't know when I'll post exactly, but it'll probably be somewhere today or tomorrow.
Allen_and_the_M
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:21 am

You know what? I've decided to just post what I've found.
I'm at page 8 and I'm going to read it all the way through, but I think I found scum here. My idea of the scum team is Doctor pepper (now jacob savage) and gameplay506 with more certainty on gameplay506.
Be warned though, this post is LOOOOOONGCAT.
Spoiler:
In post 26, gameplay506 wrote:1) So I personally think that in the newbie games the town is stronger :D To be from the mafia is hard especially for inexperienced players like me :S
Right off the bat he starts about how he's a noob, which I can see as setting up the stage for if he makes a slip up, he can cover it up for being a noob.
In post 26, gameplay506 wrote:Well there is nothing interesting to say about me :/Maybe I can say that if I could I would have choosen to be from the mafia but I didn't get the chance :mrgreen:
And in the same post he claims town, without any real need to.

[quote="In post 41,As I said Im still inexperienced and its normal to make such mistakes.[/quote] Another noob-card being pulled.
In post 59, gameplay506 wrote:I also don't think Binky is a scum.Yes he self-voted but I guess he thought at it as a joke and he most probably didn't even suspect that it would become a problem.As said in my earlier posts we are still inexperienced and so its normal to make mistakes :D
But i agree that Binky should answer some questions and if he really is a towns person it wouldn't hurt him doing so.
I see this as trying to look active, but not really being active... you wanted him to answer questions, but you don't state which questions you want answers to.
In post 99, gameplay506 wrote: Well I didnt vote against him because it was going to look more like a revenge vote then like a vote for a scum.
In this situation Disturbed one asked Gameplay why he had not voted Lavida and this was gameplay's reason for not voting Lavida.
As town, the best thing you can do is vote for the scummiest player, there should be no fear for voting. I see a fear of voting, or fear of looking scummy as something scum would have, not town.
In post 117, gameplay506 wrote:So I guess nobody thinks even for a sec that Muerte can be a scum. This way I will go with my second suspect - Squirtles .
Really? Is this how you work? Just vote whoever is easiest huh? Aren't you supposed to try to lynch the scummiest?

Now, I agreed with what disturbed one thought in post 126, he worded it a little funny, but I did notice gameplay's vote-hop.
It's really the way gameplay reacted that caught my eye, he got instantly defensive.
In post 128, gameplay506 wrote:Why so serious? Take a break, go outside, meet some people.
No explanation, no reasoning given to try to explain, just a "shut up" kind of post.

Also, when squirtles asked this to Gameplay when gameplay voted him
In post 141, I liek Squirtles wrote: You still haven't come up with the evidence you have against me.
wanting to see why gameplay votes him, Gameplay replies with:
In post 142, gameplay506 wrote: Lol If it gonna be this way I can quote some of the player's reasons for voting for you that I agree with:
I'm not sure if gameplay is just playing a really new townie or a really new scum right now though. And I don't like squirtles jump to start the wagon - La has a logical attack and starts a wagon, so I find a towntell there.

UNVOTE:
[Vote: i_liek_squirtles]

One of the more suss people right now.

or this:
Instead I feel like someone is slipping under the radar with a random gameplay vote without engaging in the discussion
VOTE: I Liek Squirtles
Seems pretty legit, doesnt it?
Basically, he's using other people's reasoning to vote squirtles, he can't seem to find reasons himself... scum don't need reasons, just saying.

Also, I found this quite funny,
In post 193, gameplay506 wrote:
LaVidaensuMuerte wrote: I'm voting LB because I think he will be the easiest target'm voting LB because I think he will be the easiest target
So you admit that you are trying to lynch a player not because you think he is scum but because he will be easy to be lynched, huh? And you tell me I'm suspicious.
Here he gets on to Lavida for going for the easier target, but if I can recall, he did the same thing here ( I know I posted this quote twice, but I needed it to explain two different things)
In post 117, gameplay506 wrote:So I guess nobody thinks even for a sec that Muerte can be a scum. This way I will go with my second suspect - Squirtles
On the side, the reason I have a slight scum read on Doctor pepper's slot is because there was a moment when Gameplay decided to vote for him, now what pulled my attention was this.
In post 177, gameplay506 wrote: So that leaves DP. I think that there is a good chance in him being a mafia. He didn't post much from the beginning and I think he is leaving us mislynch innocent players. He knows most of the newbies wont suspect him because he is IC. Also another fishy thing is his vote on Squirtles. If you read again you will see that he was the first to support the ILS wagon. I also think that thanks to his status he knew some players would support him.

We are 7 players - 4 newbies and 3 more experienced. That mathematically means that one of the mafia players have to be from the newbies and the other one from the more experienced ones. So with the newbies being with one more it will be easier to lynch the experienced mafia player and then the inexperienced one. That way later the inexperienced one will be easier to catch because he wont be able to get the help from his more experienced partner.

VOTE: DoctorPepper
He pulls out this flawed logic, why wouldn't anyone suspect him because he's IC, I don't think this is the case at all. Basically now, he's saying DP is scum because he started the wagon on Squirtles, but if I can recall, Gameplay was pretty okay with a squirtles lynch. Didn't hear any objections.
But mainly what adds to the suspicion here is that his logic about the one scum being inexperienced, and the other experienced is also crap. There's no knowing who is scum. it is (at least should be) all randomly selected. When his flawed logic is being pointed at
In post 179, Achilles wrote:
This is just not true. The randomizer doesn't know who's a newbie and who's experienced. There's no reason to believe that we have 1 newbie mafia and 1 experienced mafia.
He sticks with his flawed reasoning
In post 180, gameplay506 wrote:Well I still think I am right. We are 4/3 so if if its random there is a big chance of the mafia setup to be that way.
And the cherry to the cake is here,
In post 193, gameplay506 wrote:
LaVidaensuMuerte wrote:If you think I am that scummy YOU vote for me and actually stick with it this time
The reason I won't vote with you is because, as I mentioned in my recent posts, I think finding the experienced scum player will be easier. When we find the experienced mafia player, be sure that my vote will go on you.
This kinda looks like gameplay has a plan... so he wants to find the experienced scum first, then he wants to lynch the inexperienced scum, which he basically said in this post he thinks is Lavida.
I think that what gameplay was planning was to lynch his scum buddy and then lynch Lavida. It's not uncommon for newbies to lynch their scum buddies in order for themselves to look more town.
The reason he could be sticking to his flawed logic in post 177 and 180 is because he might know that DP is scum.

Sorry for the extremely large post, but I found so much scumminess in his posts.
I will still read the following pages.I did see that Gameplay is still voting the same slot as Doctor Pepper was in...so it seems he's still busy with that, I'll be back on tomorrow to catch up completely.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:41 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Oh I have to go over this again...
Right off the bat he starts about how he's a noob, which I can see as setting up the stage for if he makes a slip up, he can cover it up for being a noob.
That is actually a nice argument and I like it. But I said it because I could, not because I'm trying to set up a stage if I make a slip.
And in the same post he claims town, without any real need to.
Well so what? I don't see a problem with claiming town even if there is no need to. I know my early game isn't bright and also that is one of my first posts so it's normal to see such things, like it or not.
I see a fear of voting, or fear of looking scummy as something scum would have, not town.
Yes I was afraid to vote but not because I would look scummy. I didn't want to look like a bigger noob who is just voting everyone who accuses him lol.
Really? Is this how you work? Just vote whoever is easiest huh? Aren't you supposed to try to lynch the scummiest?
You are doing the same thing here.
No explanation, no reasoning given to try to explain, just a "shut up" kind of post.
Shut up post? I was saying this because I didn't like the way he was talking to me, not because I wanted him to shut up.Don't be like Aegis, read everything.
Basically, he's using other people's reasoning to vote squirtles, he can't seem to find reasons himself... scum don't need reasons, just saying.
I explained my reasons but ILS started quoting other people's opinions on my alignment for his vote and I thought this was unfair. That's why I did it.
Basically now, he's saying DP is scum because he started the wagon on Squirtles, but if I can recall, Gameplay was pretty okay with a squirtles lynch.
Well it was going to be me or ILS. What do you expected me to do, vote myself because other people think I'm scum.
But mainly what adds to the suspicion here is that his logic about the one scum being inexperienced, and the other experienced is also crap.
Yep I see you have great experience in mafia and that's why you can decide what's crap and what's not. Teach me master!

so he wants to find the experienced scum first, then he wants to lynch the inexperienced scum, which he basically said in this post he thinks is Lavida.
That is so funny because you took Vida's slot and it's normal for you to blame me for wanting to lynch Vida.
It's not uncommon for newbies to lynch their scum buddies in order for themselves to look more town.
Yep another sign in how pro you are. I already adore you.
The reason he could be sticking to his flawed logic in post 177 and 180 is because he might know that DP is scum.
Well if you just read the whole thread you would of seen that we all suspect DP. Also the first one who got on DP's back was DO, not me.
Sorry for the extremely large post, but I found so much scumminess in his posts.
I find so much scumminess in your slot so we are even.
This kinda looks like gameplay has a plan...
I actually do have a plan. Lynch all scum and win this game. Simple.

That's what I'm intending to do. So to sum up I want to know if this is a coincidence that every one who is playing from that slot just literally wants me dead. Is there some way that his scum-buddy is telling him to do that or something, because I don't really think this is a coincidence. But after all it can just be me and my posts.
Allen_and_the_M
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:08 am

I'm putting these large posts in spoilers by the way so that we won't get covered in walls, if you really don't like the spoiler-things, then just say so and I can stop doing it. It's just that I think if there are too many walls, the game will be more confusing.

Spoiler:
In post 415, gameplay506 wrote:
You are doing the same thing here.
Uhh, may I ask how this is the same?
I explained my reasons but ILS started quoting other people's opinions on my alignment for his vote and I thought this was unfair. That's why I did it.
So... he did it first? Is that what you're saying? And suddenly it's okay for you to do it? Nah.
In post 415, gameplay506 wrote:Well it was going to be me or ILS. What do you expected me to do, vote myself because other people think I'm scum.
I expect town to go for the scummiest person on the board, not to go for easy kills to save your own ass.
so he wants to find the experienced scum first, then he wants to lynch the inexperienced scum, which he basically said in this post he thinks is Lavida.
That is so funny because you took Vida's slot and it's normal for you to blame me for wanting to lynch Vida.
Blame you for voting Lavida? I don't think you get me here, I don't care if you want to vote lavida or whatever, it was your approach to the situation.
It's not uncommon for newbies to lynch their scum buddies in order for themselves to look more town.
Yep another sign in how pro you are. I already adore you.
Mocking me? You don't even know what kind of player I am and you're mocking me. I never said I was pro.
In post 415, gameplay506 wrote:Well if you just read the whole thread you would of seen that
we all suspect DP
. Also the first one who got on DP's back was DO, not me.
So, not only are you more "pro" than I am, now you also speak for everyone!
And once again, "but he did it first!" But you know what, I don't care who voted first, scum aren't always the ones to jump first on wagons, I would expect scum to actually
not
be the ones to jump on first,
because
it pulls more attention.
In post 415, gameplay506 wrote: So to sum up I want to know if this is a coincidence that every one who is playing from that slot just literally wants me dead. Is there some way that his scum-buddy is telling him to do that or something, because I don't really think this is a coincidence. But after all it can just be me and my posts.
So, you see me as scum? Vote me, or are you too afraid about your reputation?
Allen_and_the_M
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:08 am

Umm... guys? I think we have a wrap here...
Now I'm not hundred percent certain about this, but I think you guys missed very valuable information back in page 11.
Remember this post?
In post 254, gameplay506 wrote:Lol I just saw DP is being replaced.
Everyone was like "wah?" and "huh?"... well, not everybody, just one
In post 258, LaVidaensuMuerte wrote:
Wait... who said DP is getting replaced? Last post mod made said he was being prodded.... Or did I miss something?
Well, what Lavida said was the truth, there was NO other post stating that Doctor Pepper was going to be replaced.
In post 259, innocentvillager wrote:
Sorry, forgot to announce in-thread DP is getting replaced.

JacobSavage replaces DoctorPepper effective immediately after he confirms his role PM. Welcome him!
This leaves us with one magical question *drumroll* How did Gameplay know about this?
I think because GAMEPLAY AND DOCTOR PEPPER ARE SCUM!!
Gameplay must have gotten a personal message in which stated that his scum buddy would get replaced.

Therefore I'm voting with the intention of lynching this guy. Anyone wanna join? Pretty sure this'll lead to a town victory, I say we start with the good ol' scummy VOTE: Gameplay506 and maybe we can lynch his parter the next day if the weather is nice.

I think I might have gone overboard with the theatrics here, but for real though, I think we have a scum slip.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:12 am

Post by gameplay506 »

XD You are stupid. I saw that the mod had written in the queue that he was searching for a replacement for DP.
Allen_and_the_M
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:30 am

Hahaha, that's definitely possible now that I think about it. I guess that takes off the certainty of my vote against you and Doctor Pepper.
But it doesn't take away my suspicion in general.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:36 am

Post by gameplay506 »

So... he did it first? Is that what you're saying? And suddenly it's okay for you to do it? Nah.
I gave him a taste of his own medicine.
I expect town to go for the scummiest person on the board, not to go for easy kills to save your own ass.
Well If I'm town and I'm going to get lynched of course I'm going to save my ass. Also if somebody accuses a townie (like ILS did) it's normal for me to think he is scum.

Blame you for voting Lavida? I don't think you get me here, I don't care if you want to vote lavida or whatever, it was your approach to the situation.
Ye ye we will se about that a little bit later.
So, not only are you more "pro" than I am, now you also speak for everyone!

I never said I'm pro and also if you start reading the recent posts you will see why I can speak for everyone. From this I see that you are not just stupid but you can't read, how sad.
So, you see me as scum? Vote me, or are you too afraid about your reputation?
Worst bluff like ever. I said I am sure of JS being scum and I'm going with him today. If you think you will get somebody on your side with that "awesome" bluffing, well you are wrong.
Allen_and_the_M wrote:Umm... guys? I think we have a wrap here...
Now I'm not hundred percent certain about this, but I think you guys missed very valuable information back in page 11.
Remember this post?
In post 254, gameplay506 wrote:Lol I just saw DP is being replaced.
Everyone was like "wah?" and "huh?"... well, not everybody, just one
In post 258, LaVidaensuMuerte wrote:
Wait... who said DP is getting replaced? Last post mod made said he was being prodded.... Or did I miss something?
Well, what Lavida said was the truth, there was NO other post stating that Doctor Pepper was going to be replaced.
In post 259, innocentvillager wrote:
Sorry, forgot to announce in-thread DP is getting replaced.

JacobSavage replaces DoctorPepper effective immediately after he confirms his role PM. Welcome him!
This leaves us with one magical question *drumroll* How did Gameplay know about this?
I think because GAMEPLAY AND DOCTOR PEPPER ARE SCUM!!
Gameplay must have gotten a personal message in which stated that his scum buddy would get replaced.

Therefore I'm voting with the intention of lynching this guy. Anyone wanna join? Pretty sure this'll lead to a town victory, I say we start with the good ol' scummy VOTE: Gameplay506 and maybe we can lynch his parter the next day if the weather is nice.

I think I might have gone overboard with the theatrics here, but for real though, I think we have a scum slip.
So here is the thing I am talking about a minute ago. Just look at the part were he has quoted Vida's post. He could of easily gone without it, after all we all would of gotten the idea of this post, with or without the quote. He is trying to make his slot look clear by quoting Vida's post of surprise. This is just really distorted and is really fake in my opinion, not to talk that the whole idea of the post was missing, since I stated back then that I saw it in the queue. That was just one BIG fail Allen, sorry to tell you that.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:37 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Well shit I missed your last post Allen...
Allen_and_the_M
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Allen_and_the_M
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:50 am

You can keep insulting me by calling me stupid, but this only solidifies my read on you.
You make a habit of mocking people who have anything on you, it's hard to believe you weren't lynched first.

I would like to hear everyone's opinion on my read on Gameplay506. If you could take some time to read post 414 (and 416) that would be great.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:24 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Hah so how exactly does it solidify your read on me? If you ask me you don't know how to answer my acquisition and that's why you say something about it just so you don't look bad. Also how do you expect me to play? When somebody accuses me do you expect me to sit and listen to him quietly, without defending myself and just leave him mislynch me? If that is so well you met the wrong person, fellow.
Yep I will be quite interested in what people think about your posts. I would be happy if they read mine too.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:37 am

Post by goodmorning »

@Allen: gameplay is Town. Like, "I'd wager the win" Town. Also Jacob is today's lynch, so...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”