Newbie 1512: Greener Grass (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Replacing Jackal711

Rubicon has replaced in.

Votecount 1H

AssMuffin
( 3 ) RachMarie | Onion Bubs | dragonspawn
dragonspawn
( 2 ) Wolfy | AssMuffin
hamfactorial
( 1 ) Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
( 1 ) hamfactorial

Not Voting
Rubicon bruin228

With 9 alive, it will take 5 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2014-07-01 17:41:15)
Last edited by Cheery Dog on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
bruin228
bruin228
Goon
bruin228
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:34 am

Post by bruin228 »

Okay, let the new person catch up and then they can give us their thoughts.
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

Howdy Rubicon, may this game be as swift and successful as our last.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Rubicon »

Hi guise.

Reading up now.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Rubicon »

(high fives goofy)

You probably rolled a scum PM this time tho.
hamfactorial
hamfactorial
Goon
hamfactorial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by hamfactorial »

In post 224, bruin228 wrote:Lol at "ass wagon"

I still need to hear from jackal and Rach. Maybe ham! too. Then we can move on.

Right now, I'm leaning towards keeping the pressure on Ass until he provides something.
Sure thing, what input would you like from me?
bruin228
bruin228
Goon
bruin228
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by bruin228 »

In post 230, hamfactorial wrote:

Right now, I'm leaning towards keeping the pressure on Ass until he provides something.
What do you think of page 9 (after your last comment)? There were a few exchanges between Ass, goofy, dragon, and Onion. Wolfy wrote some stuff as well. Worth looking at?
hamfactorial
hamfactorial
Goon
hamfactorial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by hamfactorial »

In post 231, bruin228 wrote:
In post 230, hamfactorial wrote:

What do you think of page 9 (after your last comment)? There were a few exchanges between Ass, goofy, dragon, and Onion. Wolfy wrote some stuff as well. Worth looking at?
I thoroughly enjoyed the phrase "ass wagon", which gave me a laugh. I didn't like Onion's where he asserts that dragon and I are considered the scummier players in the game, despite voting for AssMuffin. Also, who is considering me and dragon the scummier players? Please cite your references and show your work. An assertion does not a fact make.

I'm null on dragon, and I've felt like him in some games. His echos my feelings from earlier games I've played, especially the annoyance at being accused of scum when I don't post and then being accused of scummy behavior by over-posting in response to being called out for lurking.

I like that AssMuffin is around and posting. Not convinced of him being scum, but happy to observe how he behaves and change my opinion later.

Wolfy is employing a tactic with me that I enjoy using as scum, e.g. tell a town player that he is town in the face of others accusing him to gain trust. Obviously if Wolfy sees that I'm town, he must also be town because scum would be trying to lynch me. :eek: he's so smart!

Basically, I still don't trust anyone :shifty:

Day 1 has featured enough active/passive lurking that this nonsense could all just be town-on-town action while the scum team idles off camera.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by Wolfy »

In post 232, hamfactorial wrote:Day 1 has featured enough active/passive lurking that this nonsense could all just be town-on-town action while the scum team idles off camera.
This.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Back and reading up

I was V/LA because our cable modem part of our router thingy was dying according to the cable dude who replaced it and now we have stable net again woot.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:30 pm

Post by RachMarie »

In post 158, A Muffin wrote:so i was just out at the bar with some friends and i got a great though. flashmarsh is scum.
VOTE: flashmarsh

Voting for a non player?

the reason that he is scum is because he has been actively looking for scum, therefore showing that he himself is scum. due to this fact, he is attempting to find himself through jesus, and that makes el trabajo en mi coche mucho gusto. cuatro mafios hay, porque mucho refrijerador.
eh what?

In post 159, A Muffin wrote:id also like to add that i think hamfactorial is scum because ham is actually the meat of the beast and he sems to be really evil
Odd reasoning but no vote on a REAL player in the game

hence I said vote is now serious.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:30 pm

Post by RachMarie »

uggh

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Post by RachMarie »

In post 235, RachMarie wrote:
In post 158, A Muffin wrote:so i was just out at the bar with some friends and i got a great though. flashmarsh is scum.
VOTE: flashmarsh

the reason that he is scum is because he has been actively looking for scum, therefore showing that he himself is scum. due to this fact, he is attempting to find himself through jesus, and that makes el trabajo en mi coche mucho gusto. cuatro mafios hay, porque mucho refrijerador.
Voting for a non player?

eh what?

In post 159, A Muffin wrote:id also like to add that i think hamfactorial is scum because ham is actually the meat of the beast and he sems to be really evil
Odd reasoning but no vote on a REAL player in the game

hence I said vote is now serious.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:32 pm

Post by RachMarie »

uggh total quote fail

but basically those two posts just before I said vote is now serious is why it is now serious.

Onion Bubs
Onion Bubs
Goon
Onion Bubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:54 am

Post by Onion Bubs »

In post 232, hamfactorial wrote:I didn't like Onion's where he asserts that dragon and I are considered the scummier players in the game, despite voting for AssMuffin. Also, who is considering me and dragon the scummier players? Please cite your references and show your work. An assertion does not a fact make.
You know how I said in that post that maybe I'd put too much stock in Goofy's reads (implicitly referring to )? Well I'm glad you called me out on that post because, upon double-checking everything from the top of page 6 to my post, it appears I have indeed put too much stock in them, as apart from them, the only legitimate criticism I could find of either you or dragon (not including any from me or anything more from Goofy) was this:
In post 168, bruin228 wrote:
In post 145, dragonspawn wrote:
you know, if you wanted to generate more discussion you could have done something to generate discussion.
This is still rubbing me the wrong way. I was clearly attempting to generate discussion, I was waiting for my questions to be answered. Why didn't YOU generate any discussion? You were clearly around to post that snarky response. Do you not want any discussion? Do you want us to do all the scum hunting for you?
and this with a pinch of salt:
In post 184, A Muffin wrote:Mostly just a feeling, but just from the way that he is acting he gives me a very town vibe. As for dragon, I still feel like he's posting filler, and not actually being productive, while attempting to look productive.
Needless to say, I am going to have to re-evaluate any reads on the two of you.

Unfortunately, my re-evaluated read on you is not looking good.
In post 232, hamfactorial wrote:I'm null on dragon, and I've felt like him in some games. His echos my feelings from earlier games I've played, especially the annoyance at being accused of scum when I don't post and then being accused of scummy behavior by over-posting in response to being called out for lurking.
Like dragon, you have misinterpreted the reasoning for people suspecting he is scum. If anything, what you've said here applies more to AssMuffin than to dragon. I'm pretty sure dragon has consistently had the highest number of posts in this thread, so there was never any suspicion that he was lurking. The criticism against him was that he was sheeping the majority of the time and that his posts added no value.
In post 232, hamfactorial wrote:I like that AssMuffin is around and posting. Not convinced of him being scum, but happy to observe how he behaves and change my opinion later.
Look, hammy, in I detail how AssMuffin's early play is essentially him trying to defend his supposed right to play in an anti-town way. are the only actual contributions he has made. Any suggestion that AssMuffin might not actually be scum is gonna have to take this into account if I am to even consider believing it.

Know what I think? I think you are deliberately misinterpreting stuff in an attempt to make the supposedly townie players seem scummy and the supposedly scummy player(s?) seem townie.
You may also call me Bubs. Or Onion. Or maybe OB. But don't call me anything that someone else also goes by.

What do my username and Christmas have in common? No "L". So don't call me Onion Bulbs.
hamfactorial
hamfactorial
Goon
hamfactorial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:46 am

Post by hamfactorial »

Bubs:

I haven't said that AssMuffin is town, I've commented merely on the speed at which the wagon formed on him. Scum bussing is a thing, and being on a scum wagon does not make a player town. AssMuffin could certainly be scum, and Rach/Goofy could be his buddy. Or I could be completely wrong, who even knows on day 1?

If I'm misinterpreting anything, it's because I'm bad, not because I'm trying to spin the town players in circles.
Onion Bubs
Onion Bubs
Goon
Onion Bubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Onion Bubs »

What I'm wondering right now is, you said that you weren't convinced that AssMuffin was scum. What exactly do you need to be convinced that someone is scum?
You may also call me Bubs. Or Onion. Or maybe OB. But don't call me anything that someone else also goes by.

What do my username and Christmas have in common? No "L". So don't call me Onion Bulbs.
hamfactorial
hamfactorial
Goon
hamfactorial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:03 am

Post by hamfactorial »

I need to see them display a scum mindset. I haven't seen it from AssMuffin, though his early play is anti-town. Anti-town isn't always scum, so I'm reserving judgment.

Are you looking for extra support for his lynch?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:37 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 242, hamfactorial wrote:I need to see them display a scum mindset. I haven't seen it from AssMuffin, though his early play is anti-town. Anti-town isn't always scum, so I'm reserving judgment.

Are you looking for extra support for his lynch?
So what exactly do you consider the scum mindset?
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:55 am

Post by Goofyd00d »

In post 243, dragonspawn wrote:
I'm seeing this as asking so you won't give yourself away later. Ham, obviously don't answer this.
Onion Bubs
Onion Bubs
Goon
Onion Bubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Onion Bubs »

In post 242, hamfactorial wrote:I need to see them display a scum mindset. I haven't seen it from AssMuffin, though his early play is anti-town. Anti-town isn't always scum, so I'm reserving judgment.
I think this is where you and I differ. Anyone who is townie should be trying to help the town as much as possible. Some anti-town behaviour from those who don't know better is expected in the beginning, but then they should find out what it takes to be more townie and then put what they find out into practice. Any deviation from this, such as continuous anti-town behaviour, has no townie justification. Thus, anyone who is continuously anti-town is scum.
In post 242, hamfactorial wrote:Are you looking for extra support for his lynch?
Earlier on we got him up to L-1 and someone declared intent to hammer, so I don't think there's a problem with not enough people supporting his lynch. I actually find myself wishing we could switch over to other players, in particular RachMarie and Jackal/Rubicon who have gotten by so far on doing virtually nothing. I can't come down too hard on either of them at the moment because RachMarie's internet troubles were fixed less than 24 hours ago and Rubicon subbed into this game less than 24 hours ago, but I'm sorta worried about how things keep coming back to AssMuffin. There are two players on the scum team after all.

hamfactorial
hamfactorial
Goon
hamfactorial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:23 am

Post by hamfactorial »

In post 244, Goofyd00d wrote:
In post 243, dragonspawn wrote:
I'm seeing this as asking so you won't give yourself away later. Ham, obviously don't answer this.
I wasn't going to, a scum/town mindset seems obvious to me.
hamfactorial
hamfactorial
Goon
hamfactorial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:49 am

Post by hamfactorial »

In post 245, Onion Bubs wrote:
I think this is where you and I differ. Anyone who is townie should be trying to help the town as much as possible. Some anti-town behaviour from those who don't know better is expected in the beginning, but then they should find out what it takes to be more townie and then put what they find out into practice. Any deviation from this, such as continuous anti-town behaviour, has no townie justification. Thus, anyone who is continuously anti-town is scum.
In post 242, hamfactorial wrote:Are you looking for extra support for his lynch?
Earlier on we got him up to L-1 and someone declared intent to hammer, so I don't think there's a problem with not enough people supporting his lynch. I actually find myself wishing we could switch over to other players, in particular RachMarie and Jackal/Rubicon who have gotten by so far on doing virtually nothing. I can't come down too hard on either of them at the moment because RachMarie's internet troubles were fixed less than 24 hours ago and Rubicon subbed into this game less than 24 hours ago, but I'm sorta worried about how things keep coming back to AssMuffin. There are two players on the scum team after all.
Ok, I understand where you're coming from. I give more leeway on day 1 since nobody knows anything and we're mostly grasping at straws. In later days, I see anti-town behavior in the same light as scum behavior since everyone's vote matters more.

Everyone here should know my distaste for lurking. We're not under time pressure yet, so I'd like to get Rach to join the fun. I'll keep an eye on Jackal's replacement's activity level too.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RachMarie
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:01 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 244, Goofyd00d wrote:asking so you won't give yourself away later. Ham, obviously don't answer this.
Nothing to give away. but ham clearly differentiates between anti town and scum mindset so it helps to know what he qualifies as each to get a better read on him.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:04 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Rubicon is being awfully quiet since he was going to catch up on the thread yesterday. While I understand some people need time to catch up, this thread isn't that long yet. We should have heard something by now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”