Newbie 1654 - A Game of Poker [POKER GAME OVERRAN]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:48 pm

Post by T S O »

VOTE: Zeroverflzerow
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Post by T S O »

I'm your IC this game. I'll answer any questions you have, but the best way to learn this game is by playing.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Post by T S O »

Right now we're in the RVS stage, where we vote randomly vote each other in a joking manner.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:44 am

Post by T S O »

In post 15, Espeonage wrote:Let's go with lots.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:48 am

Post by T S O »

Nosferatu is probably town.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:57 am

Post by T S O »

I apologise for my horrendous activity - today was extremely hectic. Tomorrow, I'll be caught up fully.

To answer a question - I normally have the highest post rate in the game.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 33, PantherPunt wrote:
In post 29, Vedith wrote:
In post 27, PantherPunt wrote:VOTE: T S O bc I get my choice of a counter wagon

Any reason to why you prefer a TSO wagon over others?

Nothing in particular. Have seen the name when meta diving others. Have a quasi bad connotation with link avi's. Thought about omgus'ing you as well

Who were you meta diving?

In post 40, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 36, Kim wrote:
In post 9, Espeonage wrote:This game may just end up being newbie hell

Seriously, though, what specifically caused you to say this?

The fact that TSO is here, probably.

Be positive, you, there's really not much room for shenanigans in Newbies.

In post 59, Nosferatu wrote:why tho

I always wonder why people ask me this - as scum, I'm probably more likely to have a compelling reason to call you town than if I'm town, so the question serves no actual purpose.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by T S O »

The first six pages are kinda useless. Panther - I feel quite strongly that most of your attacks on Nosferatu are bad. #134 seems to be a reasonable summary of why you think he's scum, but a lot of it is either completely open to interpretation or just weak.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by T S O »

Overflow - no idea how you were townreading CW a page ago. Can you go through that again? Thanks.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by T S O »

I have to admit, daytalk for newbies is really potent and I feel it's going to be a lot harder for town with it in place.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by T S O »

I have no idea why bluntly telling you how completely useless the first 6 pages have been so far and disliking your case on Nos has made you annoyed. If you actually think you have a legitimate case, then be as articulate as you can in explaining why, before I explain how you're wrong.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:41 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 150, makara wrote:also i'm moving my vote back to tso VOTE: tso i really dislike most of what he's posted - not much game content, just mostly dismssing the first pages

Can you actually say what about the first six pages you felt was particularly alignment-indicative?

In post 150, makara wrote:@tso what is your reasoning behind ? i don't like how you ignored nosferatu's question about it, if you're posting a statement like that you need to give reasoning.

I'll have a look.

In post 150, makara wrote:also, what is your reason for your dismissal of all of the game so far - I personally think the panther/nosferatu interaction has been interesting.

Go on? Because I don't feel either of them have been particularly clear about their suspicion of each other, and it also feels like Panther's suspicion of Nos is based directly from Nos's earlier suspicion of him.

In post 152, Kim wrote:If you think Nos is town, T S O, wouldn't you want to convince others of that?

If it was concrete, yeah. It isn't.

In post 154, Vedith wrote:
@TSO - Talk to me about Espeonage. He was implying you 2 being lurkers. Now, he hasn't posted since then. Usual play? For him to be a Lurker I mean.

Pretty much. The last game I played with him, we were both lurking, though I was deliberately trying to prove you can win as scum when you lurk.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:14 am

Post by T S O »

I normally win as scum by being extremely active. I had seen a comment that the days of lurking to a win as scum were over, and felt like disproving it. And yes, I won, and made it clear post-game.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:04 am

Post by T S O »

In post 161, Espeonage wrote:Seriously though TSO, I've always remembered you as a bit of a lurker. Potentially the one liner nature.

That was years ago, I'm afraid - my stock in trade has turned more to being nightkilled than before.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:01 am

Post by T S O »

Delicious II - pushed a mislynch by myself d1, got Guiltied n1, convinced town not to lynch me, lynched a Werewolf d2, got quicklynched d3 since the WW flip confirmed me lying.
Bojack Horseman - replaced in for ETL, basically played a good scumgame and won.
CD9++ - Tactically powerlurked to victory.
NY 180 - As a heavily nerfed SK, I watched town destroy themselves in the first three days, before almost single-handedly consecutively lynching scum, when they knew I was an SK through their Cop, before they shot me n6.
Delicious I - Pushed a bunch of mislynches, went on to win.
Masquerade - Large multiball saw me emerge at the end to win in 3p LyLo - got nominated for Don Corleone for this one.

Those are the first six that came up.
-Marquis

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”