Newbie 1663 - Floridian Mafia (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by notscience »

Hi guys. I will have an IC post and be here later.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by notscience »

Hi guys, busy weekend, I'm here tomorrow.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by notscience »

I literally haven't been online at all today.

I have to be a particular mindset to post in newbies as I want to keep my head clear and thoughts concise.

So yes, I have had time to post in other places that don't require the same amount of attention and level-headedness from me, but that doesn't mean I had the time to sit down and clear my head to post lucidly.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by notscience »

This is going to bother me if I don't get to it tonight.

I'm restarting my computer then I'll do things.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by notscience »

I have an IC intro if people still want it, but I'm going to look bac on what's happened thus far.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by notscience »

Okay.

So, first and foremost-

In regards to me playing in the background and not giving an exact timeline- It's pretty evident that I wasn't reading what was going on, as either alignment if I see people REPEATEDLY say that they're waiting for me to get here and threatening to vote me, I would respond. As town, I would know it's wrong and I would have to prove I'm town, and as scum, I would have to prove them wrong. Really, I should have posted here with some explanation but ultimately I wasn't available to get into the mind-state required for IC posting (my normal posting is somewhat erratic and hard to follow, so when I am ICing I try to be as transparent as possible)

Second, I don't agree with Smithereen's vote on Jake but I think she's probably town for it. Scum wouldn't come into a game begging for a policy lynch based on a personal experience. I definitely can see myself do the same, more as town than as scum because it's a really weak vote and hard to explain down the line should it be drawn into question.

Third, I think Jake's slot is probably town because I've lurked as scum against him a fair amount in the past (which I'm surprised he didn't bring up) so he would not be willing to give me any wiggle room for it. So him jumping at me for it means he is probably town.

Fourth, I have a pre-typed IC post this game just has been out of mind so I didn't go and get it, it's still available if people want it.

I don't want to vote Jake or Smithereens or Frozen's slot I don't think.

Any other questions?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:47 pm

Post by notscience »

Why did you vote punkweight?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by notscience »

What do you think of my points about Jake?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:56 pm

Post by notscience »

Also, I'm rather disappointed in myself for not being here around the time of all that drama because I like to defuse it and seeing it not really be diffused irks me.

But whatever.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 184, Smithereens wrote:
In post 182, notscience wrote:Also, I'm rather disappointed in myself for not being here around the time of all that drama because I like to defuse it and seeing it not really be diffused irks me.

But whatever.

Sounds like a post made with the intention to make it look like you regret not being able to post sooner. I dislike this as I buy the theory that you were perfectly able to post here but chose not to.

I can prove that I'm a player who's more into keeping a healthy gamestate and concerned about the mindset of other players, but okay.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by notscience »

Yeah, give me a few as these are games from a while ago so I'll post the ones off the top of my head which were-

Dewey Decimal Mafia (I was scum he was town)

There's one where we were scum together and he was hydraing with Saulres that I'm drawing a total blank on the name.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:11 pm

Post by notscience »

If I'm probably scum then why are you not voting me?

Do you want to see proof? I'm a primarily emotional player. I find myself sympathizing with people a ton which actually makes it rather hard at times.

Mini Normal 1699, I got into an argument with one of my closest friends on the site that she misconstrued and blew up at me and I shut down hard.

Plants vs Zombies Large Theme, admittedly this was a scum game but I legitimately felt for the people I was defending.

Saki Large Theme where I fought on day 1 to keep someone from being wagoned because I knew she'd clam up and be unreadable if she was

You could also note, although this is kinda tangential, that I've been more into sheeping recently as it removes some of the issues that arise when several people are pushing vanity wagons and noone moves an inch.

But really, that's a legitimate personality trait of mine.

My game approach is different from most, I prefer to try and work with the group rather than on my own.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 191, Smithereens wrote:notscience is def scum. Just read the game she linked, was complete bullshit the claim she lurked against Jake. Next is the failure to produce more of these games which she claimed she had.

Goes on to diffuse the suspicion by creating and defending a persona of an emotional player -post 188- and probably doesn't realise a townie doesn't create plausible personas to help explain behaviour which is scummy, ever. Even cites sources to ground the persona. Goes off about sheeping, clearly a bit too desperate to make everyone buy into the persona claim.

Guess I've found my lynch target for today.

Can I have help pressing Punk to join us?

I have not played with him in several months. I can go back and search through my completed games if it really bothers you that much. I think there was a newbie, and I remember the game we were scum together was a micro game.

Second off, it's my personality. I'm running into blanks because I'm having issues remembering exact games as I've played in a metric fuckton, but unless you actually go look at those games your dismissal of this is bullshit.

Do tell, why is being unable to remember exact games you played with a player is a scummy thing? Why would I fake a persona when you can go back and research my games (which you clearly haven't done) and see if I am lying about playing with my heart on my sleeve or not? If I'm lying about my focus on game health?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by notscience »

Magic Mafia

Here's the game where I was scum with Jake/Saulres.

There was also another game, Mini Theme 1520 (Neighborhood Mafia) where we were scum together where I wasn't particularly active but most of the playerlist wasn't.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 199, Rubidium wrote:I can't say I trust meta too much, and I can see why a scum would pluck out a few games to justify a certain playstyle. I guess the games might be worth looking into though. What does it usually mean when a player starts using meta? This is a theory question for the IC.

In my case, I am using meta because some of the actions brought against me are playstyle based and I can use it to see if I see a town progression of thoughts in a game. For instance, it's like when you're playing a boss level and you notice that it habitually does something before a deadly attack, you get wary of it. So for this example, pretend I'm the boss and he's the protag- He's seen me do it as scum so he wants to be wary of it.

In the instance of smithereen's accusations, it really is a personality trait of mine and it's hard to take what I am saying for granted without going to other games to look at it. Overall, the reason to bring it up was because there are things she is pushing that is based on who I am as a person, that are outside of the scope of alignment. It's the difference between playstyle and meta (which I have an explanation of if you need it). I'm saying that she is scumreading me based on my PLAYSTYLE which requires her to look at my meta.

So, I guess it ultimately depends. Did this answer your question?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 200, Smithereens wrote:
In post 195, notscience wrote:

I have not played with him in several months. I can go back and search through my completed games if it really bothers you that much. I think there was a newbie, and I remember the game we were scum together was a micro game.

Second off, it's my personality. I'm running into blanks because I'm having issues remembering exact games as I've played in a metric fuckton, but unless you actually go look at those games your dismissal of this is bullshit.

Do tell, why is being unable to remember exact games you played with a player is a scummy thing? Why would I fake a persona when you can go back and research my games (which you clearly haven't done) and see if I am lying about playing with my heart on my sleeve or not? If I'm lying about my focus on game health?

I take specific issue with the fact you lied when you were challenged to back up a claim. You cited a source that supposedly demonstrated your knowledge of how you could expect Jake to behave, but in the game you weren't just not lurking, you were one of the most active players there.

I don't buy excuses that pass off scum tells as aspects of personality. Especially when I don't know crap about you. It doesn't really concern me if you are or aren't having mental blanks, because I can't confirm that. What I can confirm is that you said you were able to produce evidence and ended up attempting to mislead town. I have requested you show me the evidence, so don't say I'm dismissing anything. Everything will need to be scrutinised now that we know you can't actually be trusted to be honest.

I never claimed that being unable to remember exact games where you played as scummy. You're clearly misconstruing my claim into a strawman as that is not something I ever said or implied.

I'll research your claims myself, though we both know you have been unable to produce examples simply because you walked into the DP and attempted to appear town-like by giving us what you did. Understandably from a scum perspective, it was necessary to shift the attention away from you and make yourself look busy. From a town perspective there really is no logical explanation for your actions.

First off, I used to be a hyperposter so my posting is relative. iirc I vanished more as scum and I felt I played a much more backseat role. That game was also like 2 years ago so it's pretty fuzzy sans the failhammer at the end.

Okay, if everything wasn't being scrutinized before then we'd have some issues. I'll go look for specific jake quotes where he mentions my lurking, but that was the first game that came to mind when I thought of me/jake playing together so I made the assumption that's where the lurking started. Maybe I should have verified it was what I thought it was, but eh.

pedit-

Yep! I thought there were more than there were but I searched his name and only came up with like 4 results in my topics. But sure!

pedit-

Jason, I went to my posted in topics and searched his name. I really thought we had played together a bunch and only came up with like 4/5 results.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by notscience »

This is weird. I'm positive he was one of the people who scumread me for lurking.

I mean, I have- http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p5842525 where he definitely called out my lurking but I could have sworn there was more than this.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by notscience »

Okay here: I thought Jake was a player who used to be very perceptive to my lurking and said as such and was incorrect. Being incorrect does not make me scum.

I also said I had been scum against him several times but was also incorrect (which is weird because he even mentions in a newbie we were both town in how I always drew scum against him but i can't seem to find any more instances.)
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by notscience »

It's admittedly hard to truly express myself here because I'm used to people familiar with me being around to verify what I'm saying is valid, but I'm trying to make do.

Rubid, if you want to look into the playstyle instance you can go to my profile and click "view their topics" and look at some of my recent games. Paranoia is without a doubt a good thing to have however the instance of it's a fake persona or not is what I am talking to.

Smithereen's right in that I can't provide games to substantiate my claim, and I've retracted my jake townread accordingly.

pedit-

Maybe. I feel like I've definitely played more than 5 games with him in the past.

pedit2-

Why don't you like smithereens smudger?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:58 am

Post by notscience »

In post 233, Smithereens wrote:This game is quickly devolving into Bullshit. Therefore,
I am the town cop
and firstly I can hardly believe how much crap is coming out of every orifice of people who must be town. NS and Jason are currently the two most anti-town players aside from the inactives and the fluff posters.

fucking
Everyone
posts your reads.. and none of this 'i have none' bullshit.

Spoiler: IC commentary
Claiming this early is really not beneficial to town at all as a power role. It's in the scope of keeping your emotions in check, and now we have an outed PR. Even if she claimed VT, that still narrows the hunting grounds for scum significantly. The reason you don't claim is as a power role you want to hide in the background (or foreground, if you really want to) and get as much information for town as you can. By outing yourself day 1, based solely on what she has claimed, she either will be killed or roleblocked and lose all significance in the game.

I need to see if anyone CCs her, which is CC'd be a claim of
Tracker, Jailkeeper, or Bulletproof
. Otherwise she is town.

In post 234, Smithereens wrote:Also, I demand NS reveal her role.

No. You wanting to reveal yours is all fine and dandy but I'm not giving scum the information.

Anyways, the cop claim bought her a day. Scum will have to do something about her unless she's CC'd. And, if she's here tomorrow we can judge then.

It's probably town as it's similar to the way Ms Marangal claimed Tracker in Team Mafia when noone was listening to her. It comes from a frustration with the other players and hope that, by being confirmed town, people will just blindly follow. That being said, if she really wanted to lynch me voting me would be a good start.

To everyone saying not to CC her, I don't particularly see why you wouldn't. Guaranteed scum in two players is lovely. And then, we have the information based on how everyone chose to side.

In regards to smudger, he's pretty similar to how I remember him. I think there's somewhat of a language barrier which makes his posts sound awkward but meh. I don't like how he never answered my question about what was pinging him about you and I feel like he's been on/off you all game, and while it could be coincidental that his RVS was on you and he's suddenly back on pushing you, I just thought it was strange. I don't see why scum would cast shade on a PR claim though.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by notscience »

Guaranteed scum as in we have one guaranteed scumflip in two players. That statement implies town wouldn't lie about what they are, but trading your life for a scumflip is probably one of the best things a pretty could do sans sit in the background and confirm every townie or catch scum both nights without being blocked or dying

But a 1 for 1 trade, even of a pr still means town only needs to lynch one more person correctly to win.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:50 am

Post by notscience »

In post 325, Rubidium wrote:@Notscience: Hmm, ok. Are you scumreading anyone?

Kinda.

I'm back and forth on Jason because I worry he's just arguing with Smithereens to make noise.

I got GTKAS Mod the other day so thanks!
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by notscience »

Nothing can be drawn. People can play in multiple fames or be active in other forums such as gd which don't require thr same thought level and time as a game.

If its a pattern maybe, or if they are expected to claim or something.

But, its really iffy territory.

They could not even be checking the game. So its overall a cloudy topic.

I will likely pioneer a Jason wagon when I get back from class tomorrow
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by notscience »

I could say the same to you.

I'll share tomorrow.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by notscience »

Did you ever ask for history with Smudger?

I remember one game but there were probably more.

Theatre mafia, mini theme.

I think we were in a few newbies together back in the day, exact numbers escape me.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by notscience »

You're mistaking smudger for Jake.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:35 am

Post by notscience »

Right now, my thoughts are-

Town-
Smithereens (both for claim and play, the way she claimed resembled the game I spoke of earlier)
Rubidium (Actually trying to progress the game and I like a lot of the questions they are asking, it's more inquisitive and trying to understand the other people which shows the deepness of thought town has to use in order to find scum)

Iffy-
Thelhix- I don't like his probing without sharing some thoughts himself, but it's not necessarily scum. I thought jake was town but had to retract that so, idk. I'm putting this here because thelhix is bothering me slightly but it contradicts my thoughts re jake.

Scum-
Jason, namely for the way he's approaching smithereens and trying to make noise.

The rest I'm still thinking on.

VOTE: Jason
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by notscience »

Also, Smithereen's did my newbie tell thing that's been pretty consistently solid so yeah, I never want to lynch there.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (isolation #28) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by notscience »

My tell is about how newer players interact with the more experienced players. Often those who aren't afraid of scumreading them (Hint: you're scumreading 3 of them) are town, as scum-newbies would prefer to avoid attracting the attention of more experienced players.

The flip side of that tell is there are also some newbies who subconciously edit their reads to the more experienced players. When I was newer, I did this a fair amount.

You're the only person who really fits the bill for that tell. I was looking at my readslist and realized I hadn't taken those into account and wanted to see if I could move any of the nullmass either way. Instead, all I could is strengthen the read on you. The only other person who scumreads on all of the more experienced player is S_S, but even then they are rather weak reads where iirc you had a post where you were going onand on about me, jason, and smudger.

Part of why I am repeatedly reiterating it is, on the off chance that jason is town, he will realize you are off the table and start doing other things.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by notscience »

Here tomorrow.

The post above is a very simplistic view of it, it's more

"Scum-newbies would be wary of drawing too much attention from the more experienced players and seek to keep in their good graces where as town are either paranoid/unafraid to challenge what they're saying because they actually care about solving the game"
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by notscience »

This game is next on my catchup, will try to type something up over thanksgiving but might not have time depending on family.

Anyways.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:17 am

Post by notscience »

omg gm

I will be here tonight after I get back from my dad's.

Didn't have the access I thoughtI would over thanksgiving.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by notscience »

Sorry guys I am finally home, empty promises end tomorrow.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (isolation #33) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by notscience »

Here now, catching up. Sorry for the piss poor activity, I've had a really busy last few weeks. (I probably should have declared V/LA but hindsight is 20/20)

Okay.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”