Newbie 1666 - THE ZAR SHOW S01E04 - D3 - OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1666 - THE ZAR SHOW S01E04 - D3 - OVER!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by Zar »

The Zar Show presents:
Season 1, Episode 4: Can the town get control of n00btown again?

Newbie Game 1666 by Zar
Setup Matrix 6 by: Cogito Ergo Sum

This episode is brought to you by mafiascum.net, the place where mobs form.

Welcome to THE ZAR SHOW! The number one show for audiences all across the Mafiascum community, and now, introducing you to the crowds favorite panelist moderator, Zar!

Zar! Zar! Zar!

Thank you audience, and welcome to our return event after last month's episode! Ever since Newbie 1652, n00btown has been in control of the mafia. Today on the ZAR SHOW we are going to be trying to get the town back on track in this up and coming community. As you may already be familiar, Mafia have continuously infiltrated the n00btown council and it appears that some of the reputable members here present may in fact still involved with the mafia!

** The crowd boos and whistles in displease **

Some events preceding today's show have managed to gain the town villagers some ground in the council. But, in a somewhat recent turn of events, we have confirmed that the mafia
can still communicate in broad daylight!
This means they can now confer at any time for their evil deeds! What has become of the safety of our n00btown, I ask you?

** Indistinct crowd complaining **

Today in the ZAR SHOW, we have decided to mediate to try to help the villagers control the future of n00btown. In the comfort of your houses, you will experience via live feed all of the council's decisions in our show. Whether it's the righteous villagers who will regain their right or the mob who will continue governing, we shall see! In the meanitme, please give a big round of applause to the current members of the n00b Town council, who will be today's panelists!

** audience applause **

Well, now that we have them introduced, let's get started! The panelists have until our first commercial break to figure out which of them is part of the mafia and remove them from the n00b town council. And, our producer believes we have some repeat panelists from last show! Well, we would also like a round of applause for them and their continued service in the n00btown council! Let the discussions begin!

The Panel (Playerlist):

1. Always Innocent
Apostle of Ra

2. Ircher
3. ZombieZApoco
4. concvex
replacing DastardlyOne ,,* who replaced NJAC,** who had replaced Captainchaos

5. Jake from State Farm
replacing Inquisitor Dragon; who replaced stre_LKnight

6. DoTArchon
7. Workdawg (SE)
8. copper 223 (SE)
replacing hi im Yakko (SE)*; who replaced Anatole Kuragin (SE)

9. Drixx (IC)

Spoiler: Still in the Show (4/9)
1. Always Innocent
Apostle of Ra
;
Mafia Goon
, survived and won!
concvex
replacing DastardlyOne ,,* who replaced NJAC,** who had replaced Captainchaos
,,*;
Mafia Goon
, survived and won!
DoTArchon,
Vanilla Townie
, endgamed!
Drixx (IC),
Town Jailkeeper
, endgamed

Spoiler: No Longer in the Show (5/9)
3. ZombieZApoco,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D1
7. Workdawg (SE),
Vanilla Townie
, shot N1
5. Jake from State Farm
replacing Inquisitor Dragon; who replaced
stre_LKnight
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D2
8. copper 223 (SE)
replacing hi im Yakko (SE)*; who replaced Anatole Kuragin (SE)
Vanilla Townie
, shot N2
2. Ircher;
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D3

Spoiler: Removed By the Producers (Modkilled) (0/9)
Hopefully No One Ever!

= Prods.

= Separates day phases on which prods were issued.
Last edited by Zar on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:21 am, edited 22 times in total.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Zar »

Before we start our show today, I am providing you with a our public disclaimer policy. Since this is a well reputed show, you are required to adhere to the rules below described to continue participating in the panel. Please read them carefully.
Please note this edition of THE ZAR SHOW is subject to a new experiment being run by our Executive Producers, and thus some of things have changed. Please read them carefully.

• GENERAL RULES

1) All sitewide rules apply. Read them here
    2) Please treat this game as a commitment and do your best to participate actively.
    3) You may not discuss this game anywhere outside the game thread unless you are Mafia. In such case, a PT will be provided and you may not discuss your game outside the game thread and/or the PT.
    Since this game will have Day Talk, the Mafia PT will remain unlocked throughout the entire game, and Mafia may communicate in it at all times.

4) Be civil and treat other players with respect--attack the case, not the person. Mafia is a heated game, but I will interfere if anyone resorts to excessive insults, personal attacks, and bullying. There is a zero-tolerance policy against offensive comments or slurs based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
    5)
    Color BBC Code #800000
    and
    Bolded #800000
    are my colors in this game.
    Bolded Red
    is reserved also to highlight changes in the usual setup to allow daytalk and a variation in the day length because of the American Thanksgiving Holiday (and any other holidays coming along the way). You may not use any of the colors mentioned in this rule.
    6) Quoting or pretending to quote your role PM, PTs, or private communications with the mod is strictly forbidden. Loose paraphrasing is permitted, although run it past me first when in doubt.
    7) Punishment for breaking any of the rules here listed, or exploiting any loopholes may include a private or public warning, force replacement, modkill, or even blacklisting (depending on the seriousness of the offence).
    8) If you have any minor questions or spot a vote count error (I normally double check them, but acknowledge mistakes can happen
    and I'm also not running on coffee lately
    ) please bold your question or concern in the thread addressing me (@ Mod).
    9) If you have outside information that influences your knowledge of the game, are aware of someone else having outside information, or have any reason to believe that the game has been compromised, it is your responsibility to inform the mod via PM immediately. I will love you for your honesty.
    10) Please also PM me for any other concerns not listed above.

VOTING/LYNCHING MECHANICS

11) For your vote or unvote to be counted, it must be completely bolded, and use the format Vote: PlayerName/Unvote: PlayerName or VOTE: : Playername/UNVOTE: Playername (capital letters and colon optional). Any other variation (such Hammer: PlayerName) will not be counted.

BBC CODES you can use (just type them the same way replacing PlayerName with the player of your choosing:

Code: Select all

[vote]PlayerName[/vote] or [v]PlayerName[/v] 

12) Votes for misspellings or acronyms of players' names (such as VOTE: Playrname or VOTE: PN) are valid as long as the player being voted for is clear. You are not required to unvote before changing your vote. However, votes that are behind spoiler tags, in small or invisible text, or otherwise concealed are invalid.
    13) You may vote for a No Lynch using the voting parameters listed above.
    14) A lynch will occur when 50%+1 of the votes are cast for the same player; a No Lynch will occur wen 50% of the votes are cast for that option. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight.
    15) You may continue talking after a lynch or deadline has elapsed until the mod posts to end the day. After that, you may not post even if the mod forgets to lock the thread.
    16) I am required to post vote counts every twenty-four hours. In case I may not do this in a RL day, you will be informed, but this will not be a constant situation. Be advised that players may request a new vote count at any time, and I will try to post a vote count at least every two pages or every twenty four (24) hours, whichever comes first.

ACTIVITY AND DAY/NIGHT PHASES.

17) Days will have a deadline of (2) two weeks. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances, and will never exceed one (1) week of the total length of the day phase.
    Because American Thanksgiving is on November 26, four additional days will be added to the timer for day one. This means the Day one deadline will be eighteen days. Since a lot of holidays are coming forward, any other extensions because of holidays will be announced in public thread.

18) Night phases will last for forty eight (48) hours.
    19) If a replacement is needed during a night phase, I will extend the night deadline until some time after a replacement is found, regardless of whether that slot has a night action.
    20) In order for night actions to be accepted, they must be PMd to the mod or posted in bold in scum QTs before the deadline is up. If a player does not select one, he or she will default to "no action."
    21) Players will be prodded after forty-eight hours without posting. They may also request prods on other players so long that player has not posted for a reasonable amount of time. All prods will be announced in thread.
    22) Players who do not respond to a (non-player-requested) prod within twenty-four hours or need to be prodded too often will be replaced at the discretion of the mod.
    23) Since this is a Newbie Game, replacements for this game will follow the Newbie mod guidelines. Please read them here.
    24) If you will be unable to post for over forty-eight hours, inform the mod by PM or in the thread of when you'll be V/LA. Assuming the V/LA period is of reasonable length, you will be exempt from prods during that time. All V/LA notifications will be made public by the mod.*
    25) Once you're dead, you may no longer post in thread.
    No 'bah' posts.

Most importantly: have fun playing!
Last edited by Zar on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Zar »

Before the beginning of this council discussions, the MafiaScum bureau of investigations provided us with a list of possible scenarios we could be confronting here, in which councils infiltrated by mafia may operate in. Please read this carefully and make sure you understand the implications.

REMEMBER, the Mafia Role PMs have varied slightly from the standard Matrix 6 Role PMs to allow for Day Talk in this game.

NEWBIE SETUP

Matrix6 (as designed by Sgt. Cogito Ergo Sum):

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

The setup is determined by randomly selecting one row or one column from the above table, then filling in the remaining 6 roles with 5 Vanilla Townies and 1 Mafia Goon to create a 7-town, 2-mafia setup.

For example: if Row 1 (Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie, and Mafia Goon) was chosen, the full setup will be 1 Town Jailkeeper, 6 Vanilla Townies, and 2 Mafia Goons; if Column C (Mafia Goon, Town Doctor, Town Tracker) was chosen, the full setup will be 1 Town Doctor, 1 Town Tracker, 5 Vanilla Townies, and 2 Mafia Goons.

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Roleblocker actions will take precedence over Jailkeeper actions should that apply.

The full list of possible role PMs in Matrix 6 is listed below:

Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm you received your Role PM by
replying to me with your Role and Alignment

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a
1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional private thread located here, which you may talk with your partner at all times as long as both of you are alive in the game.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk with your partner at all times as long as both of you are alive in the game.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by Zar »

Role PMs being sent out today. Please confirm in the manner indicated in your role PM and remember posting /confirm in this thread as indicated. Game will start
automatically
when 8/9 players have confirmed in thread. Players will have 48 hours to pick up their Role PMs from the time stamp in this post.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Zar »

Apostle of Ra, Captainchaos, stre_LKnight, and Anatole Kuragin (SE) are all being replaced for failing to pick up their role PMs within 48 hours.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:36 am

Post by Zar »

stealing AlwaysInnocent, NJAC, and Inquisitor Dragon to replace Apostle of Ra, Captainchaos, and stre_LKnight, respectively. In addition, stealing hi im Yakko (SE) to replace Anatole Kuragin (SE)
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 1
Always Innocent (2): DoTArchon, Ircher
DoTArchon (2): Drixx, hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko (2): Workdawg, NJAC
Ircher (1): Always Innocent

Not Voting (2): Inquisitor Dragon, ZombieZApoco

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Monday December 14, 2015 10:30 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2015-12-14 22:30:00)
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Zar »

Looking for a replacement for Inquisitor Dragon, who has failed to pick up their role PM
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by Zar »

Jake from State Farm replaces Inquisitor Dragon.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by Zar »

As a courtesy for the people travelling during the Thanksgiving Day Weekend, I won't be issuing prods until Monday. I'll nudge players who aren't active for 48 hours, but these nudges won't count as prods.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 2
hi im Yakko (3): Workdawg, NJAC, Jake from State Farm

Not Voting (1): ZombieZApoco

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:53 am

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 3

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by Zar »

NJAC and Ircher are being nudged. If they don't pick up their nudges within 24 hours, they will be prodded.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:27 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 4

Deadline
Countdown to deadline

ZombieZApoco is V/LA until Wednesday
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 5
NJAC (2): Workdawg, ZombieZApoco
Ircher (2): Always Innocent, NJAC
Drixx (1): Jake from State Farm

Not Voting (0):
<3

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or  to no lynch.

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Zar »

hi im Yakko is being prodded.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by Zar »

Looking for a replacement for hi im Yakko
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 6
ZombieZApoco (3): NJAC, Always Innocent, Jake from State Farm

NJAC (2): Workdawg, ZombieZApoco
hi im Yakko (1): Ircher

Not Voting (1): DoTArchon

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:59 am

Post by Zar »

copper223 replaces hi im Yakko
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:02 am

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 7
ZombieZApoco (4): NJAC, Always Innocent, Jake from State Farm, ZombieZApoco ~~~ [L-1]

DoTArchon (2): Drixx, copper223
copper223 (1): Ircher
NJAC (1): Workdawg

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 8, End of Day Vote Count
ZombieZApoco (5): NJAC, Always Innocent, Jake from State Farm, ZombieZApoco, Drixx
~~~ [LYNCH]

NJAC (2): Workdawg, copper223
copper223 (1): Ircher

Deadline
Countdown to deadline

ZombieZApoco has been lynched. Flip coming shortly.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #21) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Zar »

***DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE NO CLUES IN SCENES, ONLY FLAVOR TO MAKE THE GAME AMUSING***

The audience was thrilled at the quick action taken by the council. Claps were heard and a standing reverence happened. Everyone cheered,

"Well", said Zar as he saw the reaction of the crowd, "it looks like we have arrived to an early decision. We'll have to ask the notary to please join us on stage as we reveal the results of ZombieZApoco's lie detector. But before that, let's talk about of the audience's opinions. A 55.56% of the audience agrees with the panel that ZombieZApoco has to be mafia. I don't think I've ever seen such an accurate pairing. Either both the panelists and audience are geniuses, or they're completely misinformed. Which is it? We're about to find out."

Opening the envelope, Zar reads the results quietly, as the crowd yells frantically.

"Well, it seems that the general opinion was wrong. ZombieZApoco has a non-zero chance of being guilty according to his lie detector results. He was thus innocent innocent of the charges he's been accused of. While we process these results, verified by the reputable MS accounting firm CostFireCoopers. We'll be back after some messages for our sponsors to continue n00btown's quest of finding the treacherous members in the council."

Crowd clapping, cheesy saxophone fades into black screen.

ZombieZApoco,
Vanilla Townie
, is no longer in the show (lynched on Day One)!

It is now night and it will last for Forty Eight (48) Hours.

Deadline
: Monday, December 7, 2015 12:45 AM San Juan Time. (GMT-4)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2015-12-07 00:45:00)
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Zar »

Just a heads up that the Day will start a couple of hours late.

Oh and
Happy Chanukkah!
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:43 am

Post by Zar »

***DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE NO CLUES IN MOD SCENES, ONLY FLAVOR TO MAKE THE GAME AMUSING***

Commercial Break Over. Cue opening music reprise in musicbox style.

"We're back from our commercial break here at THE ZAR SHOW and I would like to take some time review the recent events that took place in the dressing rooms.

*The audience murmurs as the lights hit the stage, and noticeably one additional chair is empty since the commercial break.*

"It's become customary to discover the presence of the mafia in the council during our breaks in the show. We are under no doubt that the council is plaged with evil right this moment. As it has become protocol int these situations, the network has requested no one leave the premises until something can be figured out, save the panelists decision of removing one of their members. Please stay on your seat while we let the panelists come to an agreement."

*Zar then produces the paper with Workdawgs's accrediations, as the crowd claps in memoriam.*

Workdawg,
Vanilla Townie
, shot on Night One!

It is now Day Two.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:44 am

Post by Zar »

Day 2, Votecount 0

Not Voting (7): AlwyaysInnocent, Ircher, NJAC, Jake from State Farm, DoTArchon, copper223, Drixx

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Monday December 21, 2015 8:45 AM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2015-12-21 08:45:00)
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Zar »

Day 2, Votecount 1
copper223 (2): Always Innocent, Jake from State Farm
NJAC (2): copper223, DoTArchon
Jake from State Farm (1): Drixx

Not Voting (2): Ircher, NJAC

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 2, Votecount 2
NJAC (2): copper223, DoTArchon
DoTArchon (1): Ircher

Not Voting (1): NJAC

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #27) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Zar »

Prodding NJAC at copper223's request
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #28) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:29 am

Post by Zar »

Prodding NJAC (non-player requested).
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #29) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 2, Votecount 3
Ircher (1): copper223
NJAC (1): DoTArchon

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:41 am

Post by Zar »

Day 2, Votecount 4
NJAC (2): DoTArchon, copper223

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:41 am

Post by Zar »

DoTArchon is being prodded.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #32) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:27 am

Post by Zar »

Day 2, Votecount 5

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #33) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:23 am

Post by Zar »

NJAC is being prodded.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #34) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 2, Votecount 6

No Lynch (1): Ircher

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #35) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Zar »

Looking for a replacement for NJAC
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #36) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:03 am

Post by Zar »

DastardlyOne replaces NJAC effective immediately.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #37) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:11 am

Post by Zar »

Day 2, Votecount 7
Jake from State Farm (3): Drixx, copper223, Ircher ~~~ [L-1]

copper223 (2): Jake from State Farm, AlwaysInnocent
DastardlyOne (1): DoTArchon

Not Voting (1): DastardlyOne

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Last edited by Zar on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #38) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:17 am

Post by Zar »

Day 2, Votecount 8
Jake from State Farm (3): copper223, Ircher, AlwaysInnocent ~~~ [L-1]

copper223 (1): Jake from State Farm

Not Voting (2): DastardlyOne, Drixx

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #39) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 2, Votecount 9, End of Day
Jake from State Farm (4): copper223, Ircher, AlwaysInnocent, Drixx
~~~ [LYNCH]

copper223 (1): Jake from State Farm

Not Voting (1): DastardlyOne

Deadline
Countdown to deadline

Jake from State Farm has been lynched. Flip coming shortly.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #40) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by Zar »

***DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE NO CLUES IN SCENES, ONLY FLAVOR TO MAKE THE GAME AMUSING***

Commotion and dramatic flare had taken room in the Studio, as everyone pointed fingers at Jake From State Farm and accused him of many wrong doings.

"This time we are certain, it is him, his guilt is evident!"
Extra security had to be called to break over the brawl that had begun in the panel.

*Zar's voice could be heard over the collective crowd noise, addressing the viewers*
: "While we decide on how to proceed have his lie detector result here... I will open it to reveal if he's in mafia..."

Opening the envelope, Zar reads the results quietly, as the crowd yells frantically for an answer.

"Well", said Zar taking a brief pause, "we will have to escort Jake From State Farm our of the premises as the panel and public have agreed. Unfortunately, there is no evidence of guilt in his lie detector. Mr. Jake From State Farm was innocent."

*Crowd excited, whistling and booing, Zar proceeds to face the camera to address the viewers.*

"And to you watching from the comfort of your home, we'll be back after some messages for our sponsors to continue n00btown's quest of finding the treacherous members in the council."

Crowd clapping, cheesy saxophone fades into black screen.

Jake From State Farm,
Vanilla Townie
, is no longer in the show (lynched on Day Two)!

It is now night and it will last for Forty Eight (48) Hours.

Deadline
: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:00 PM New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2015-12-15 22:00:00)
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #41) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by Zar »

***DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE NO CLUES IN MOD SCENES, ONLY FLAVOR TO MAKE THE GAME AMUSING***

Commercial Break Over. Cue opening music reprise in music-box style.

"... and as we're back from our commercial break here, we would like to take some time to review the recent events that have taken place in the dressing rooms.

*The audience murmurs as the lights hit the stage, and noticeably one additional chair is empty since the commercial break.*

"Production would like to disclose that yet another former council member is unaccounted for. It seems it was a similar pattern to that of the previous successful unfortunate event. We are certain two of these five remaining panelists has ulterior motives here. We would like to trust the judgement of the panelists to uncover the folly, but we've seen this happen before. Only at THE ZAR SHOW will we discover who will control the council. Will the n00btown be in charge once more or will the mob keep control? Let the panel discussions continue while production helps me put up the missing panelist's information."

*Zar then produces the paper with copper223's accreditation, as the crowd claps in memoriam.*

copper223,
Vanilla Townie
, shot on Night Two!

It is now Day Three.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #42) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 0

Not Voting (5): AlwyaysInnocent, Ircher, DastardlyOne, DoTArchon, Drixx

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Sunday January 3, 2016 11:00 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-04 00:00:00)
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #43) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Post by Zar »

Five additional days have been added to the timer for day three. This means the Day Three deadline will be nineteen days. An additional day has been granted for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve, and New Years Day.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #44) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:53 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 1

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (isolation #45) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:45 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 2

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #46) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:17 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 3

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #47) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:42 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 4

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #48) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:55 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 5

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #49) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:57 pm

Post by Zar »

DastardlyOne is being prodded
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (isolation #50) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:26 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 6

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #51) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 7

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (isolation #52) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:04 am

Post by Zar »

Looking for a replacement for DastardlyOne
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (isolation #53) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by Zar »

concvex replaces DastardlyOne
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (isolation #54) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 8

Not Voting (5): AlwaysInnocent, Ircher, DastardlyOne, DoTArchon, Drixx

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (isolation #55) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Zar »

Mod is V/LA until Dec. 26
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (isolation #56) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Zar »

SPECIAL HOLIDAY BREAK FROM THE CAROLING MOD

Town or scumbag, town or scumbag
Welcome Christmas, Christmas day!
Welcome Christmas, Christmas day
Welcome, welcome Scum or Townie
Welcome, welcome Scum or Townie
Christmas day may be a blast
So long as you have votes to cast
Welcome Christmas near the lynch
Welcome all before their flip.

MERRY CHRISTMAS PANELISTS!
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (isolation #57) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:04 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 9

Not Voting (5): AlwaysInnocent, Ircher, DastardlyOne, DoTArchon, Drixx

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (isolation #58) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 10

Not Voting (5): AlwaysInnocent, Ircher, concvex, DoTArchon, Drixx

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (isolation #59) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:30 am

Post by Zar »

In post 736, Drixx wrote:@Mod - How is happily ever after handled in newbie games?

~.Game Mod Policy. My policy is three consecutive day phases without a flip = Draw. ~.Zar
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #60) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:31 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 11

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (isolation #61) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:15 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 12

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (isolation #62) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:57 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 13

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (isolation #63) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:59 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 14

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (isolation #64) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:06 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 15

Deadline
Countdown to deadline

Mod is V/LA until Saturday
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (isolation #65) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:07 am

Post by Zar »

Since New Year's Eve and Day are coming up, I will be lax with activity until January 2nd.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Zar »

Day 3, Votecount 16
AlwaysInnocent (1): Ircher

Not Voting (4): AlwaysInnocent, concvex, DoTArchon, Drixx

Deadline
Countdown to deadline

Mod is V/LA until Saturday
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:14 am

Post by Zar »

"Well, audience and viewers out there, it looks like we have reached consensus in this session. After much debate between the remaining members of the n00btown council, it's been determined that, between Ircher and AlwaysInnocent, the discovery of the mafia would take place at last. Now, what we need to know is if the decision of removing Ircher first from from the council is the right choice for the members of n00btown, or if the mafia has manipulated the council to give them all the power again. Can all the five of you weigh in on the positive or negative outcome of this decision? Drixx, you being the elder member of the council, would please give your thoughts?"

DRIXX: "Certainly, Zar. The council has made their choice. AlwaysInnocent would have been my initial pick, but I am not displeased at the selection of Ircher. In fact, I believe they are partners! We are about to see everything revealed here"

DOTARCHON: "DRIXX'S innocence here is beyond question, and I decided to step forward and remove the IRCHER and end his evil days in the council. There is no way that his contributions are motivated by a villager mindset... it is simply impossible! This is the right choice. Ircher is out, CONCVEX what do you think?

CONCVEX: "Of course, DOT. You are very wise to make a move first. I can certainly see the advantageous position we're in now."

*and just as concvex said the words, ALWAYSINNOCENT chimed in*

ALWAYSINNOCENT: Yes, take him out already, it's time to end the nonsense here and get everyone where they belong. Guys, come in and do your work!

*Zar saw how Ircher had been muffled and was being taken by to bulky men that had not been part of security, elegantly dressed in pinsuits and came to a sudden realization... oh dear...

But it was too late to say anything. He opened the envelope and looked at the results for a second before emitting his final comment.

AUDIENCE IN SILENCE, IN ATTENTION*

*Zar then turns back to the camera, and addresses the public, somberly.*

"Decisions are always hard. The fate of the n00btown has once again been sealed today. I must now proceed to hand in the town keys to the New Order overlords. As last words to all of you please remain safe. The mafia have are once again in full control."

*Zar focuses on the camera, which is starting to pan out.*

And you, loyal viewers, take care of yourself, because the nights in mafiascum are always full of danger. Stay safe, and hopefully if you're lucky, you'll be alive long enough to tune in for a next episode of the ZAR SHOW, full of the usual drama that you can only find here. Good evening."

*ALWAYSINNOCENT and CONCVEX smiled as they beat the remaining members of the council to submission. They had kept the family's honor intact, and this would give rise to their careers.*

THE ZAR SHOW has been a presentation of The Road To Rome, a newbie
production of mafiascum.net under the authority of the one and only Great Mina-ListMod.

Ircher,
Vanilla Townie
, taken out by security (lynched) on Day Three!

A win condition has been achieved!

Drixx
Town Jailkeeper
and DoTArchon
Vanilla Townie
, have been endgamed.

AlwaysInnocent and concvex,
Mafia Goons
, survived to endgame and won!

Congratulations Scum!
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (isolation #68) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:15 am

Post by Zar »

N1 Actions

AlwaysInnocent shoots Workdawg
Drixx Jails JakeFromStateFarm

N2 Actions

AlwaysInnocent shoots copper223
Drixx Jails DoTArchon

* Scum PT Link HERE!

* No Dead PT was created for this game.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (isolation #69) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Zar »

I think aside from the copper kill, which seemed to point directly a a team with AI in it, IMO, there were other things that made AI seem very guilty:

In post 707, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 706, Ircher wrote:
In post 705, Drixx wrote:
In post 702, Ircher wrote:All of you except Drixx has concluded that I am the scummiest player right now. I would like to hear Drixx's reason on why he suspects DoTA more than I, because he is the only one keeping me from being lynched right now.

If it weren't LYLO, you would already be lynched for scum claiming.
Fyi, I planned only doing it in LyLo.
I find it ridiculously implausible that you did it to try and bait scum into voting you, when I had already made the point that we were in LYLO and one wrong vote would allow the scum to win. Your explanation makes no sense. I'm demonstrating an abundance of caution at the moment.

Caution is good.
Do you think its likely both DoTA and I are scum, or doing you think such is unlikely.
Why do you keep emphasizing this?!

^ This was a case on semantics.

Spoiler: Excuses, excuses
In post 732, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
I will elaborate on my thoughts in an hour or so, when I have an actual keyboard. Typing on my phone is far from ideal.

In post 735, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Yes, it's going to take even a bit longer, I'm afraid. I'm going to bed now. Sorry about that. I will finish what I have tomorrow. I will make sure to have it then. I'm half-way done, but I'm far from satisfied.

In post 744, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
I am typing on my phone right now. I don't know how people are comfortable taking ten times as long to type something.

In post 748, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Expect an interesting read around 9 PM GMT+1.

I'm currently at work.

In post 750, AlwaysInnocent wrote:You will soon understand why it took a while.

In post 759, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Sorry guys. It is just easy for me to get caught up in other things. I'm also in too many games atm (something I need to keep in mind for the future).

I'm still halfway done. I'm currently at work, so I can't really work on it now. Tonight I will finish it up. I will make sure we still have enough time to discuss, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm
not
consciously stalling the game. I am just terrible at keeping my promises. Sorry about that.

In post 760, AlwaysInnocent wrote:If I do it tonight, we still have 4 days left. This should be more than enough.

In post 763, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
Don't
cast a vote
without
consensus.

Even if I somehow screw up again (I am terrible with deadlines), and you happen to be town, then voting for me means that scum will be able to quickhammer me, which will result in a loss for the town.

In post 768, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Oh God. I fell asleep when I lied down "for just a little bit".

I don't have my laptop with Internet for around 6 or 7 hours, since I will be visiting my parents.

I told you I was terrible with deadlines. I didn't do it on purpose.

I will try to make the best of it. We can still win.

^ Having real life interfere with your game ins't necessarily scum-driven, but AI coasted from providing content for several days, constantly justifying it to outside of the game reasons. It is easier for mafia aligned players to provide details of what is keeping them away from a game as they keep coming back to continue to go away. I feel like it's an internal validated means of justification.

In post 695, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Basically Ircher's case on me is one big OMGUS.

^ But no meat to why.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (isolation #70) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Zar »

I don't really think its a worse play contest. I do think that the way the collective town played helped the scum win (it was easier for the NJAC slot to pass unnoticed when the town was busy tearing esch other apart, for one). I think the timing of the Zombie lynch was not benefiicial dor the town (it certainly didn't help that Zombie was in his own mob? But I'll blame it ob his own inexperience.

What I really didn't understand was why Drixx pushed Jake, given that he had jailed him (?).
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (isolation #71) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Zar »

Ill remove the privacy mask then
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (isolation #72) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Zar »

LINK TO DRIXX'S confessional IC Topic here.
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”