Newbie 1673: University of Mafiascum Class 108 - D4- OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by N e s s »

/confirm
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by N e s s »

Oh hey this started

whats up
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 51, Drixx wrote:I just said that I'm scum reading you. On top of that, nowhere did I state that I have "...no intention in sharing those things...", so you are misrepresenting me on multiple levels.

Ding ding ding. We've got scum caught in the first 50 posts.

This is scummy as all hell.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 69, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 68, N e s s wrote:
In post 51, Drixx wrote:I just said that I'm scum reading you. On top of that, nowhere did I state that I have "...no intention in sharing those things...", so you are misrepresenting me on multiple levels.

This is scummy as all hell.

Why is it scummy?

If you are talking about the second part, as far as I know, being overly confident about having caught scum early is not scummy.
If you have different reason, then I would like to hear it.

Yes the second part is scummy.

It just gives me qualms, i should say. I suppose that "all hell" part is a bit of a misinterpretation.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by N e s s »

Alright, so i'm not a stranger to mafia. I've played atleast 5 games at this point, so here we go.

Right now i'm seeing 3 possibilitys.

1)Drixx is scum: From that post above, its a bit scummy...but i'm not one to make conclusions usually. He's been posting well so far, and i'm starting to think he's town. Null town.

2)Eagle is scum: seems to be the prime target right now, but yes, i will agree that this is scummy-
Yes. And that was noted. It has also been noted that you have nothing to say as far as actual reads are concerned, as I stated before. I do not see how pushing you to share your thoughts on the current game state is scummy, but now that you have clearly stated you have no intention in sharing those things and contributing to the thread except to discourage people from interacting with your IIoA (information over analysis) I have a scum read on you as well.

FoS Drixx

I would still like you to interact with the thread and share your thoughts instead of just chatting about theory and how you will help us with it, however. The other one might not be scum and interactions help me find your scum buddy.

lol, eagle is basically agent hydra right now. If i had to choose anyone in the thread right now, its him. But yeah, this post is him putting words inside drixx's mouth. So, i'm going to cast my vote on him for the time being.

VOTE: Extrapolated Eagle
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by N e s s »

Oh, rip i forgot to do possibility #tres

3)Neither are mafia and are just screwing around.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by N e s s »

The other thing about his post that I really don't like is the way he seems to be trying to say I'm misrepresenting him without really presenting examples. And I don't believe I misrepresented him, if I did it was not intentionally, and I would have expected a town ic to understand more newbie players are more likely to make mistakes as well and explain themselves instead of accusing one of misrepping them for vague reasons and following up with a confident claim that they are scum.

So, whats your opinion of him then? Town or Scum?

Also, why?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 75, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Hmm. Ok, I see what everyone says is me misrepresenting.

Here's how I saw it (and I guess what I was trying to say):
1. Drixx votes (later says for reactions)
2. Drixx talks to that one person about how to play
3. Lots of stuff happens between one and two like reactions and stuff that could present reads - drixx talks about none of this
4. I pressure Drixx to share reads and input into thread and stuff
5. Drixx votes me and says he has his reactions (or something like that)

Still doesn't share or really take part in posting of content. Right now all he's done is talk about how I'm scum and 1 and 2 when there are definitely a lot of things that need to be commented on and stuff.

So i guess this is what I'm trying (was trying) to say:

Driscoll votes me after I ask him to take part in thread and hen doesn't take part in thread. To me this is refusal to take part in thread. Perhaps the wya I worded was confusing. I do that a lot too. I apologize for confusion.

...smh thats backtracking.

Please answer my question from earlier
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by N e s s »

You were putting words in his mouth then you used an excuse to try and clear it up literally right after i voted for you.

Also...why would you even be suspicious of Kahlan? He hasn't exactly contributed to anything...so he's done basically nothing.

Tell me, why are you so keen on asking people so many questions?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by N e s s »

Even if you were telling the truth with that excuse, you've been going all Gung ho on asking people questions...these questions of yours are leading to basically no where.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by N e s s »

and you're gone when i asked a question, oh well.

next time you're on answer me.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 85, Workdawg wrote:Holy cow.

I get back from vacation to see that this game is just starting so I confirm... and now this. I've been up for a long time travelling, so I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around all of this, but since things are going down I want to chime in. I'll reread sometime tomorrow when I'm less tired but here are my general impressions so far.

First and foremost:
EE is at L-1, PLEASE DO NOT HAMMER HIM THIS EARLY IN THE DAY
We'll lose a ton of time and content that we can use to find scum. Even if he were to flip scum, we'll likely have no idea who his partner would be. If he is scum, he can flail around more and maybe he'll reveal something we can use to find his partner.

EE vs Kahlan.... woah. It seemed to me like a bit of a misunderstanding with the confusion about acronyms and whatnot, but EE seems to almost be trying to make things sound scummy when I'm not sure they are. That's scummy by itself, so I'm generally getting a scum read on him for that.
FOS: EE, but since he is already L-1, I am not willing to hammer him and lose all the time we have left today.

Drixx vs EE... Pretty unsure about this one. I can't really get into the details right now, but Drixx's behavior so early in this game is rubbing me the wrong way as well. I don't know exactly what to think about this. One thing that bothers me about Drixx is that some of his tells seem to be above my head a little bit, even as an SE player. "Reaction tests" and whatnot that make him seem very confident in their results, and I just don't really see it. I'm not saying he's wrong about whether things are tells or not, he seems to have MUCH more experience than me, I just can't wrap my head around his logic sometimes.

Overall, I really like where we are going so far because there is a lot of content to analyze right now. However, I really think we need to make sure that we hear from some of the lurkers as well before we lynch someone. In a game like this, it's VERY easy for scum to hide out and let town tear each other apart. Especially in a game as active as this one has been. Just look at the post count so far:

EE: 23
Kahlan: 18
Drixx: 11
Ness: 10
usted: 6
newbieinmafia: 4
TheDominator: 2
Workdawg: 1

That INCLUDES confirming posts. Less than half the players in the thread barely have posted more than a confirm/RVS post. One player hasn't even confirmed yet (I don't think).

Looking at the group of lurkers, I do find it suspicious that TheDominator put the 3rd vote on EE while he was supposed to be on V/LA. Makes me wonder if he isn't following a scum partner in either Kahlen or Drixx to help get the bandwagon going, but also appear innocent by way of absence.

VOTE: TheDom

Even if he is V/LA, votes are one of town's greatest tools and I won't let mine go to waste voting for no one.

pedit: This post is current as of somewhere around post 75 now. I keep writing things, hitting preview and seeing that more people are posting. I really have to go to bed now though, so I'll catch up tomorrow.

Couldn't have said it better about EE myself.

Also, EE your acting really odd. FoS EE.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 89, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:I like workdawgs post.

Ness confuses me. I think theres being on different pages, and then unthinkable there's being in different books, and then I think there's where ness and I are. I have no idea why on earth she's getting at. Sooo... Ok.

@newbie (is there a better way to shorten your name?) Ok I see why you're saying. Right now I really disagree, but I might be misinterpreting things. I do that a lot when I get my hands dirty at the beginning of the game, so I'll go back and look at it again with fresh eyes tomorrow that aren't as emotionally invested in the thread.

1.I'm a dude
2.I am on the same page as you.
3.You're acting like nothing is a big deal, yet you're trying to get answers out of people?

Yeah, i get that asking questions is good. But heres the thing about you.

A)You make things look scummy when they aren't
B)The questions you ask lead to nowhere and don't exactly lead to the progression of finding out roles.

So, are you scum? Probably, but lynching you isn't going to give us any information as to who the other mafia is. That, or you're just a clueless townie with nothing to do.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by N e s s »

So you're saying i'm completely wrong about you cherry picking Drixx?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by N e s s »

And that your questions aren't leading to any sort of progression?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #15) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 95, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Also scummy = subjective. Different people will see different things as scummy based on previous experiences. Like newbie probably doesn't think it's very scummy to fos someone during rvs. That's scummy to me. It looks like someone is afraid to take a stance on someone and on the other site I played on Wed lynch you fast for that business. Idk. But your going to have to get used to playing with people who think and play different than you, bud. Because it's not acceptable to just go around telling people that their playstyle is wrong.

Pedit: yes. I didn't cherry pick drixx. I responded to just about every one of his posts, barring the one where he talks to kahlan about how to play which was irrelevant to alignment, IMO. How is that cherry picking?

My questions push my reads my way. If you've got a problem with that, replace out or get over it. You can't have a solid flow of questions and thoughts that lead somewhere if you don't have somewhere to start and it's really foolish to just progressively push one person all game long.

Mmm i see

yeah, where did all of this come from?

Might i remind you of this?

Yes. And that was noted. It has also been noted that you have nothing to say as far as actual reads are concerned, as I stated before. I do not see how pushing you to share your thoughts on the current game state is scummy, but now that you have clearly stated you have no intention in sharing those things and contributing to the thread except to discourage people from interacting with your IIoA (information over analysis) I have a scum read on you as well.

FoS Drixx

I would still like you to interact with the thread and share your thoughts instead of just chatting about theory and how you will help us with it, however. The other one might not be scum and interactions help me find your scum buddy.

You even self ADMITTED that you were misinterpreting him, lets see here.

Driscoll votes me after I ask him to take part in thread and hen doesn't take part in thread. To me this is refusal to take part in thread. Perhaps the wya I worded was confusing. I do that a lot too. I apologize for confusion.

There is litterally no counter argument. Plus, when did i ever say your playstyle is trashy?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #16) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by N e s s »

Also, i'm not "progressively pushing" you all game, its not even half way into day 1.

Your posts are you treating me like i'm a complete idiot to mafia, do you think this is my first game?

And shouldn't pushing be a part of mafia? i haven't done anything other then try to see your reaction. Thats called Scumhunting, i'm sure you're aware of it?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #17) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 97, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 91, N e s s wrote:So, are you scum? Probably, but lynching you isn't going to give us any information as to who the other mafia is. That, or you're just a clueless townie with nothing to do.

Why not? If we look at the interactions again later, we might find something.

@EE - I am pretty sure that we are out of RVS by the time I first posted. I never said anyone's playstyle is wrong though and I am keeping an open mind about things that others may find differently. I only posted what I thought; either I agree or disagree, there is nothing wrong with that.

Maybe, but all Eagle has done is basically call every single person who's gone at him mafia so far. He hasn't done it to me yet though.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 101, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:That's me not admitting I misinterpreted him. That's me saying I worded it in a way that was apparently confusing the first time because everyone was misinterpreting me.

but you're right. If you are on the same page as me as you claim and you read all of that correctly, then you're either stupid or intentionally misrepresenting me. However. Since it is very apparent that you aren't understanding a word I write, I'm going to excuse your ignorance and move on with my life.

PEdit: playstyle talk was at Ness, newbie

@kahlan I push reads my way because that's how I know to push reads.

Pedit 2. My posts are treating you like a complete idiot to mafia because you're completely misinterpreting almost every word I say and then insisting that you understand completely when you say we're on the same page.

And ironic, isn't it, that you get mad at me because you think I talk to you like an idiot, yet you speak to me sarcastically. Yes. I know what pushing is. I have done the most of it since the game started out of any one player. Again the irony strikes, because one reason you are pushing me seems to be because I am pushing my reads.

Pedit 3. So... In other words I've called two out of the four people who have put their vote on me scum, and one person who hasn't? I'm sorry, where's the pattern here? And weren't we just talking about how I was pushing reads and my questions don't lead anywhere? So how am I asking questions if I'm only calling people who vote me scum?

*sighs*

yeah, neither of us are getting anywhere with this constant argueing. I'm just going to put you as FoS.

But, i like these responses. I'm just going to move on from you for now.

VOTE: Unvote
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #19) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by N e s s »

No further questions, your honor.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 105, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:You still confuse me. I hope you know that.

I'm still suspicious of you, hope you know that c:
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by N e s s »

EE lets just settle for a truce. All we're doing is making non contributive posts with our exchanges.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by N e s s »

But if i had to choose someone whos town, probably Townie. I like her(him?) posts so far.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #23) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by N e s s »

Anyway, i'm Ness. I'm a guy, and i want my Avi to be Ness from earthbound but every single google image fails me <3
So this is an RQS (random questions stage) And you don't need to participate in it, but it would be beneficial to the town if you did.

What's your avatar?
What's your time zone?
How often do you expect to post?
Which player in the game do you know best?
Yellow button, green button or red button?

To show you the format you're supposed to answer in, I'll start by answering them myself.

What's your avatar? I want it to be Ness :c
What's your time zone? CST America <3
Which player in the game do you know best? Nobody atm.
How often do you expect to post? Quite a bit, I don't have school till the 4th so yeah.
Yellow button, green button or red button? Red button, I like to blow things up.

and, i repeat, no need to take part in this. But it would help others know what others think.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #24) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by N e s s »

yeah i'm gonna go ahead and do this for now.

VOTE: Drixx
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #25) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by N e s s »

Honestly, i did an RQS because we weren't going anywhere.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by N e s s »

And say if i were mafia, i've clearly been onto EE and he clearly doesn't like me too much.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #27) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:50 am

Post by N e s s »

Excuse me usted-

if i'm a "scummer", why would i call out both Drixx and EE when i started posting?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #28) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:09 am

Post by N e s s »

*trys to hold back laughter*
*can't*
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQSsrvsszcs[/youtube]

I'm a Vanilla townie and you should all just take my word for it~I don't see either of them as an easy target, i just saw either one as scummers. Both were argueing and both have made a few things that stuck out to me so far, so thats why i went after them.

I also don't see how me making a RQS is scummy? It was supposed to help us get somewhere because all that was happening at the time was pointless rambling. I'm not here to cover my butt, thats the truth.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:11 am

Post by N e s s »

And newbie, care to explain the vote on me?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #30) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:14 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 163, newbieinmafia wrote:everyone can say they are townie but that doesn't mean anything.
I already explained my vote in .

Soooo because i voted for someone because i was busy hosting my own mafia game makes me scummy? :?: :?: :?:
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #31) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:18 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 165, newbieinmafia wrote:No it's not because you voted for someone. It's the way you voted.

And it's not helping the town if you claim VT (vanilla townie) when you don't need to. It's only helping scum because you are giving them more information.

What way did i vote? All i did was vote for who i thought was scum. I've already give plenty of reasons why i think its either Drixx or EE.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #32) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:42 am

Post by N e s s »

1) If i remind you that in post 72 that i called out both EE and Drixx. i placed Drixx as Null town at the time because of him only say 1 thing that rubbed me the wrong way. Let me quote post 72 for reference.

In post 72, N e s s wrote:Alright, so i'm not a stranger to mafia. I've played atleast 5 games at this point, so here we go.

Right now i'm seeing 3 possibilitys.

1)Drixx is scum: From that post above, its a bit scummy...but i'm not one to make conclusions usually. He's been posting well so far, and i'm starting to think he's town. Null town.

2)Eagle is scum: seems to be the prime target right now, but yes, i will agree that this is scummy-

FoS Drixx

lol, eagle is basically agent hydra right now. If i had to choose anyone in the thread right now, its him. But yeah, this post is him putting words inside drixx's mouth. So, i'm going to cast my vote on him for the time being.

VOTE: Extrapolated Eagle

Alright, so its obvious i called out both-but who am i calling out more? EE, thats who. I was considering voting for Drixx because of post 58, it was like i said making me grit my teeth a bit. But, when EE put words in Drixx's mouth it made me think EE is scummier. EE was making things look scum when it really isn't, and his posts weren't going anywhere. That is, when he started to prove me wrong. I liked his responses towards me, and i thought of it as alright. This is subtly what did it.

That's me not admitting I misinterpreted him. That's me saying I worded it in a way that was apparently confusing the first time because everyone was misinterpreting me.

but you're right. If you are on the same page as me as you claim and you read all of that correctly, then you're either stupid or intentionally misrepresenting me. However. Since it is very apparent that you aren't understanding a word I write, I'm going to excuse your ignorance and move on with my life.

PEdit: playstyle talk was at Ness, newbie

@kahlan I push reads my way because that's how I know to push reads.

Pedit 2. My posts are treating you like a complete idiot to mafia because you're completely misinterpreting almost every word I say and then insisting that you understand completely when you say we're on the same page.

And ironic, isn't it, that you get mad at me because you think I talk to you like an idiot, yet you speak to me sarcastically. Yes. I know what pushing is. I have done the most of it since the game started out of any one player. Again the irony strikes, because one reason you are pushing me seems to be because I am pushing my reads.

Pedit 3. So... In other words I've called two out of the four people who have put their vote on me scum, and one person who hasn't? I'm sorry, where's the pattern here? And weren't we just talking about how I was pushing reads and my questions don't lead anywhere? So how am I asking questions if I'm only calling people who vote me scum?

2)After i got some town vibes from EE, i decided to simply go with my 2nd choice, Drixx. I didn't like how he was presuring EE so hard, these are some examples.
Oh ... and stop with the buzzword soup. It doesn't impress anyone and it can only confuse actual new players.

Let's push EE to L-1 and see if he keeps flailing at that point. My guess is the more the heat is applied, the more squirming we're going to see.

but once I'm indisputably proven town by my flip, the town should be in good position to breeze through this. I haven't seen a more blatant rescue and counter wagon in a long long time.

Drixx clearly keeps blantly implying that he's town, and thats giving me qualms. The reason i went after EE is reasons previously stated, but now i'm starting to think that its drixx.

That should answer your 2 questions, but i'm probably going to look like scum no matter what i say right now.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #33) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:35 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 169, Kahlan wrote:
In post 160, newbieinmafia wrote:@Kahlan - even though I said scum probably wouldn't want to stand out much, it's pretty weak reasoning, which is why I attribute it to gut feeling.
also, I think you are misunderstanding workdawg's post. and his sig is not alignment indicative~ he will have that sig whether he drew town or scum.

Okay it should be clear to everyone by now that I don't have as much as experience in this game. This is my actual first game and it's a little hard for me to keep up with everyone. I still stand by my vote for now. @newbie and @ee wither or not if he was drawn as scum his sig has to have some significance. In my mind it probably has some personal significance to him and who he is as a person because if it didn't then why keep the signature? Granted that is not a big reason to call him out as scum that is why I had my second reason. Now what I'm gathering is most of you agree with workdawg statement but I still don't. In my mind he is saying that to create doubt in the town. Now everyone will zero in on the newbies asking question sincere or not. Even if you don't plan to do it and you don't see anything wrong with what workdawg said you will probably analyze every question asked by a newbie to find a deeper hidden message that might not be there. Just how EE did to me in the beginning.. He analyzed every one of my question and then accused me of budding with Drixx and being scum because I was asking questions as a newbie that I needed answered.. Alright in this game I figured we are suppose to break down and analyze our follow townies in order to find scum but isn't scums job to create doubt and confusion in our minds. For now I still feel like he is scum and I feel like his mind set is that of scums.

He accused you of budding? :?

I need to read back, i don't remember seeing that
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #34) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:42 am

Post by N e s s »

To me it doesn't seem like Kahlan was budding at all, it just looks like typical RVS.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #35) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 181, Usted wrote:@newbie

He started the RQS about two posts after I laid the first vote on drixx. Ness could have jumped on the drixx train in case he got lynched to appear very pro town? I mean, that's entirely possible. I also stated that in all likelihood my guess was wrong. Day1 finding both scum isn't exactly common (especially for me).

Anyways I'm away from home on a trip until Saturday, posting will be light.

So you're going to say that i'm scum because i voted for drixx? And at the time, nobody was suspecting me so i don't know how that would make me Pro town?

I'm suspicious of usted, i'm going to answer all questions on me later. I'm busy right now.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #36) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by N e s s »

@usted

"Whoa he's scum but we shouldn't kill him now!"

Who does that? If i'm scum in your eyes, why aren't you voting me?

And if you're onto me for voting Drixx, why are you STILL voting him?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #37) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by N e s s »

*sighs*

No way to defend myself right now because i have no idea how to.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #38) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:37 am

Post by N e s s »

Checking in, i've been busy with alot of things.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #39) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:38 am

Post by N e s s »

Well it seems like i'm being lynched. Well, hopefully my mislynch will help the town in some way.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #40) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:27 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 242, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 241, N e s s wrote:Well it seems like i'm being lynched. Well, hopefully my mislynch will help the town in some way.

You have nothing to say? O_o

Your apathy astounds me.

VOTE: Ness

That's L-1. Anyone who wants to hammer should say so before they do so Ness has a chance to claim just in case.

Wtf???

How am i at L-1?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #41) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:31 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 246, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 244, newbieinmafia wrote:UNVOTE:
Ness already claimed so unless we are sure about this lynch, putting him at L-1 for claim is useless.

To clarify: are you against lynching Ness right now or against lynching anyone right now?

If the former, I have to say I was uneasy about his lynch previously, but I think he's quelled my fears.

The latter I understand. however, I think I could see a Dom/Ness scum team and so I don't feel too bad about ending today now, particularly because I feel like a lot of last minute lynches happen and it ends up being town because we haven't had time to talk it through and things, so I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Ok, wtf here. How am I of all people, a Dom/Ness scum team? You're train of logic on me is completely idiotic. First off-

1) You never said anything about me. People have only started to get suspicous of me and now your Bandwagoning.
2) You're voting me with no logical explantion other then what other people are doing

So if i am scum-wouldn't that just make you look scummy yourself? "oh, my teammate is in trouble, better lynch him to make me look good!"
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #42) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:32 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 249, newbieinmafia wrote:Ness, please address all the questions or concerns that people asked of you. Even if you are lynched, they may help us in some way.

In post 246, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:The latter I understand. however, I think I could see a Dom/Ness scum team and so I don't feel too bad about ending today now, particularly because I feel like a lot of last minute lynches happen and it ends up being town because we haven't had time to talk it through and things, so I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Early lynches I have seen also happen to be town, so...? also if it's a last minute lynch, we have had more time to talk because it's not ended early..? I am not understanding what you are trying to say here. And I am not thinking of putting it at last minute. I don't mind if we end it a few days early but not when we have more than a week left now.

I will do Newbie, I've been busy with a lot of stuff recently. Including hosting my own mafia game.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #43) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:42 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 252, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:@newbie: you're probably right. I just want to avoid a last minute situation like the other newbie game I was in. We waited until the very last minute and there was almost no lynch whatsoever.

Also. I want to say that these two posts together just add to the reasons Ness should probably be lynched today:
In post 241, N e s s wrote:Well it seems like i'm being lynched. Well, hopefully my mislynch will help the town in some way.

In post 248, N e s s wrote:
Wtf???

How am i at L-1?

PEdit: I've never seen/had a problem with early lynched as town, but I'll take your word for it. The last game I played (and this seemed to be a pretty regular occurrence when I played off site as well) there was a quick last minute wagon and no one really knew what to do with the flip because the person hadn't really done too much and we hadn't prepared for it. I want to avoid that if possible.

PEdit 2: yes, I have said things to and about being suspicious of you. In my reads list I asked you to re-read the thread and post a solid set of reads which you have yet to do. I stated that I thought you were acting scummy but it might just be because you're reacting instead of taking the time to read the thread, but I need to be sure of that so I asked you the question I mentioned a sentence ago. You have yet to make me feel secure about you, in fact your excuse combined with your other recent posts makes me feel a lot better about lynching you.

How do they make you feel better about lynching me in anyway? I've said 5 posts up to this point, thats complete BS.

And yeah, i haven't done anything yet. and i didn't excuse myself either because its the truth. I've been busy with a lot of things, and it seems like you're using that as a BS push against me to lynch. I've been suspicious of you since the start of the game, and this just furthers it.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #44) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:51 am

Post by N e s s »

I will get my reads up later. Mine brain is jelly-like right now and i can't get it done. I will be done with them hopefully at the end of the day.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by N e s s »

I'm writing right now.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by N e s s »

Also while i'm at it, is there anyway i can post a spoiler?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #47) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by N e s s »

Alright, i'm going to open up with this-if you guys really would like to see some of my meta, click the link. http://www.belltreeforums.com/forumdisp ... The-Cellar\

Thats the website i play mafia on frequently and where my best meta lies.

@Workdawg

You got me good on post 178. I don't have a good response or some deep extensive defense ready for you because theres no real way for me to defend this. Thats why i said in post 186 that "i don't know how to defend myself".

I will give you a simple response though, that me finding it funny that everyone is voting me? Look at where we are now, thats why i think this is all funny because everybody is calling me out when i'm a VT. No exact way to prove that, so thats why i said you should take my word for it. Thats why i said "i'm probably going to look like scum whatever i say now".

I haven't explicitly been saying it, but yes. I do feel like my answers are making me look scummy. It was a very, very lazy move for me to do, but i've been doing mostly IRL stuff and haven't been too bothered to play mafia, and i'm hosting my own game on the link above.

As for the final 2 questions you have, no. I don't think adressing Newbie's questions as scummy. But am i concerned that i look scummy? Not too much, but who isn't really? Nobody likes being lynched, its part of losing a game. I do think my answers are making me look scum though.

So, hopefully that answers post 178. I'm going to do my reads soon.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #48) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 292, Drixx wrote:
Unvote

@EE - Please don't screw with ongoing conversations and gambits. Any firm read I could have gotten is blown up by your #290 and #291.

Why are you unvoting for EE?

@Workdawg
I'm still very busy but i'm trying. I never promised that i'd get my reads up, just sometime near the end of the day. If it came off as a promise i broke then i'm sorry.

I will get my reads in at some point. I'll leave it at that.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #49) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 313, newbieinmafia wrote:The game has gotten pretty stale for me and it's nearing the deadline so I will put Ness back to L-1.
I think it's the best thing I could do under the circumstances.

Ness is now at L-1.

Please do not hammer before stating an intent to hammer and give others more time to discuss.

For what reasoning? How is that the best thing you could do when looking for reads?

This is scum here folks, your band wagoning me for litterally no reasoning/not giving any feedback as to why this is. You'll enjoy my flip guys,
newbie is mafia after i'm lynched.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #50) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:21 am

Post by N e s s »

Well i'm officially boned, hope my mislynch will help somehow.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #51) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:24 am

Post by N e s s »

I don't really have much to say, but i will say you guys will waste 1 of the 2 mislynches on me. I don't know where to start as to defending myself here, but i know i'm going to be lynched for reasons i know why.

You'll just be getting a mislynch if you do, i'll go back and see who's pushing me to lynchville.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #52) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:36 am

Post by N e s s »

My reads right now.

Newbie:
Asks plenty of questions but i don't understand why they put me at L-1. They claim its 'the best they can do" But i don't understand how putting me at L-1 is any good. Null town, but i'm leaning a bit more towards Town.

Kahlan:
Seems alright, they're doing plenty of things that i like. Mostly Town.

Usted, Huntress, TheDom:
These 3 haven't posted enough/haven't given enough for me to know if they're town or mafia.

Workdawg/SoulMonarch:
These 2 have been pushing me to lynch. I'm suspicious of these 2 because~

A) They're saying i'm scum for not giving them information
B) I'm simply "innactive".

Workdawg also claims that its likely that whoever is on the lynch train likely isn't the mafia, but thats suspicious to me. Obviously 1 of the mafia are going to be on the lynch train. Workdawg is the #1 person to be pushing a lynch on me, and SoulMonarch is too. Soul has been giving plenty of reads on me and others, and i think he's somewhat ok.

Drixx/EE:
Both were arguing in the beggining and i'm thinking EE is town more. Drixx has also been giving plenty of information so i think he's alright.

So for now, even though my vote won't matter any more,

VOTE: WorkDawg
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #53) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 343, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 340, N e s s wrote:Newbie: Asks plenty of questions but i don't understand why they put me at L-1. They claim its 'the best they can do" But i don't understand how putting me at L-1 is any good. Null town, but i'm leaning a bit more towards Town.

I thought it's the best action because out of everyone else, I find your action to be scummiest. The way you have been putting off to give read list or didn't engage in the game doesn't help the town. Yes, you said you are busy but you could have also used that as an excuse. Also during that time, the games wasn't moving forward at all even though we are nearing deadline. So by narrowing down my lynch target and trying to have the game more active, I put you at L-1.

How would i use IRL stuff as an excuse? Literally thats stooping pretty dang low.

You're saying my actions are scummy, but you also say i'm scum for inactivity/excuses?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #54) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 346, Usted wrote:
In post 337, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 336, Usted wrote:
intent to hammer

I've said it befote that I think he is scum and this day isn't going to give us anymore info

He's already claimed VT.

Umm, if you're so sure he is a VT then why was your vote on him, and why are planning to re vote him?

Because he's said if i don't answer his questions?

And he never said anything about me being town, i don't understand what you were going for in this post.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #55) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 342, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Alright: what makes you think one of the mafia are on the wagon? The last newbie game I played both scum stayed off the lynch wagon all the time.

Disregarding your accusations of poor pushes for your lynch, what is your read of soul monarch and work dawg?
If these two stop being your number 1 pushes, who does?

Honestly, its pure speculation on my part. Theres 9 people, theres a .55 chance of there being mafia on my Wagon.

About my reads on WD and Soul, i'm thinking 1 of them could be mafia. Just because they're pushing a lynch doesn't make them mafia no, but i'm just getting a bit of a gut feeling because Workdawg is pushing me way too hard, and soul is also going at me from many angles. However, i think soul isn't mafia but town.

As for the bolded part of your question, i don't understand what you mean here.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #56) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:52 am

Post by N e s s »

Well, looks like i have writing to do.

Also @lol kahlan oh no you got me i'm scum!!!
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #57) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:56 am

Post by N e s s »

Also don't any of you dare vote me until i get my defense up, I'm at school right now.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #58) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:34 am

Post by N e s s »

Also, @Kahlan.

I'm going off of numbers here, so with Kahlan's above post i'm going to go into detail, yet its a bit blunt because i'm at school.

1) You cherry pick me several times in that post of yours that i'll go into, but that first part where i said "i'm writing right now", i actually did put something up. I see several other points where you're saying i'm vote worth being invalid...like me faking IRL things?
why
would someone fake IRL things, thats stooping pretty damn low to vote for me. I've been busy with Homework, School and another mafia game that i hosted, and i am trying to come onto here but life comes first to me. (aka, you using me hosting a mafia game that ended over 1 1/3 weeks ago!)

Also not to mention, see how when i said i was writing and then WD said i didn't give content? That was hmm, 55 posts ago?

2) HOW is that a reason to vote for me? Theres litterally nothing scummy about that, so you're voting for me for not 1 but 2 dumb reasons. I don't see how me saying that i don't know how to defend myself is a reason to be voting me, so why would you list that in the first place?

3) Assuming you've read that whole exchange between me and EE, i clearly said that i "liked his responses, so i put him at
FOS.
I don't see why i would target EE as an easy target when i was going on with that whole exchange. If i was trying to see him as an easy target, i wouldn't have done anything at all and probably would have just voted him going under the radar. As for Drixx i have provided reasons as to why i voted him, and tbh the reason i did it at the time without an explanation was because it was pure laziness.

Also on a completely unrelated note, please take a moment to think about something: If i'm playing as badly as i am, don't you think my "scum partner" would have helped me at this point? Would i be doing this poorly?

4) Please explain to me how i'm taking shots at WorkDawg and Soul. I was making reads about them, not a pitiful way to shift votes off of me.

Just because i've played 5 games makes me a good player? I signed up for this Website because i wanted to learn how to play the game better, so i don't understand how thats ALSO a reason to be voting me. Most of your ISO is crappy points you have on me with only a few being note worthy.

1 more thing: I was already as L-1, so that wasn't necessesary.

I can go into much more detail but i wanted that off my chest. I'm not afraid to be lynched so i can go ahead and do my IRL shit. Waste your 1st mislynch on me, you won't get anything positive out of my lynch anyway. Want to say that if anyone hammers me without much reasoning, should be put at full suspicion. Later folks, be back soon.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #59) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:35 am

Post by N e s s »

And i PROMISE completely this time that as soon as i'm home i'll answer everything. I promise.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #60) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:38 am

Post by N e s s »

In the mean time.

UNVOTE: WorkDawg
VOTE: Kahlan
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #61) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:46 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 367, Drixx wrote:
In post 365, Kahlan wrote:
In post 359, Drixx wrote:@Kahlan - Please be sure to give a warning when you put a player at L-1. If you do that and do not give a warning, there's a very strong probability (on this site) that you will be viewed as highly scummy for doing so.

We don't have a great deal of time left, and I don't think we have time for me to try and push Usted, so I'm going to give
intent to hammer

@drixx I thought I did say he was at L-1.. Towards the end of my post in the last paragraph I said I believe that puts ness at L-1 again. Was that the wrong way to state it?

You want it to be clear. You hid it away and only bolded the L-1 part, buried inside a paragraph.

@all - You don't question people when they say that real life things have kept them from posting. The social contract in mafia is that scum won't use or make up RL circumstances to try and protect their position or advance themselves, and correspondingly nobody suggests or outright says someone is using their RL situation for gain in the game, or suggest or outright accuse someone of making up things about their real life.

THANK YOU! This is what i've been trying to say!
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #62) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 372, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:I think we get Ness today. I don't like last minute wagons and while some of the stuff Usted has done recently is interesting, I'd rather have time to discuss it and work it out than swap lynch target last minute.

Ahhahaha you say you want to lynch me yet you don't even acknowledge my recent posts

@EE

Now i'd say my other 2 scum would be Kahlan/Usted. Like others are saying about usted his posts are looking funny, and Kahlan because they cherrypicked me just now with a long super in depth post.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #63) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 385, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 384, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 377, Huntress wrote:
That's why we need to lynch Ness first.

I was thinking Drixx might have a stronger case but you are right.

I think it needs to have : for the vote to count (?)

*Slowly claps*

Great job guys, you just lynched you Vanilla Townie, like i said you would :lol: :lol: :lol:
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #64) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by N e s s »

Rip Ness, i'll do better next game i'm in.

I buried my own grave this game too. I think i play mafia a bit better when i'm playing with people i'm confortable with.

Anyway, people you should be wary of.

EE
WorkDawg
Kahlan
Usted.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”