Newbie 1680 - GAME OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:30 am

Post by New Luna Republic »

VOTE: Some Random Mafia Player

The third word is important
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:30 am

Is there any point in bringing in a RQS?

@Kernel
How many games have you played? What where they like (how many people? How long DP? Role madness? Lots of activity? Where? Ect)
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:25 am

In post 18, Drixx wrote:As a start: Since it takes only 5 votes on day one to lock someone, you should think carefully before placing a vote that might allow the scum team to lock a player.

By lock you mean confirm a lynch right? I had always thought L-x meant lynch - X. Anyway its nice to have an IC post this game last game never really got one.

Also the only people I 'know' would be BBT as he replaced into ma first game (then got fairly quickly lynched) and I've read though one game with Drixx in it before.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:38 am

In post 19, Rubixxx wrote:
In post 16, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm saying that to ask for support on a wagon and then question it when you get it seems awfully suspect.

I agree wholeheartedly. Why anyone would ask for a wagon and then snap at the first person to join them is beyond me. Especially during what was SUPPOSED to be an RVP.

So, without further delay, here's my first real vote.

UNVOTE: BBT
VOTE: ADK

This does seem quite strange but why would he snap at the first person joining, unless he wanted to make a counterwaggon on that person?

In post 17, A Drowned Kernel wrote:
In post 16, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm saying that to ask for support on a wagon and then question it when you get it seems awfully suspect.

Why? What's wrong with asking people to explain their votes? Do you think it's a good wagon?

He seems very defensive (hiding something?) but it is only his 5th post.

@ADK / @Anyone on first game
Have you read any newbie games start to finish? If you haven't I'd recommend it. It would of helped me in my first game tremendously if I'd done it at the start
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:46 am

@Drixx
I'll grab the game up tomorrow on PC (Just been using phone thus far this game) I think it might have been one with a scum player called clusk in it iirc.

@Dierfire
I'll answer that tomorrow (unless I can't sleep right now) as doing every multiquotes and trying to remember what the questions where is a bitch.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:57 am

EBWODP

....is a bitch on phone

Anyway I don't want to be wasting my vote like I did first game (by not using it at the start but my first game is just generaly something I don't wanna talk about)
UNVOTE:
SRMP hasn't been around for a and I feel like pressuring bitten10minsago for not turning up yet :p

VOTE: Bitten10minsago
FOS:
ADK
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:00 pm

In post 27, Rubixxx wrote:
@Luna,
This is my first game ever on this site! I don't quit easily, too, so while I can't say what the future holds, I wouldn't worry about me replacing out. I plan on riding this horsey from start to finish!

With that said, I didn't know about getting locked in a vote! It seems waaaaay too soon to get hammered in a vote, so I'm going to remove my vote in hopes of keeping people talking, and will instead point a Hand of Suspicion at them.

UNVOTE: ADK

Rubixxx is a very slight town lean currently. Posts like this feel like 'new shiny town'
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:23 am

In post 29, Dierfire wrote:
In post 23, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Thoughts on ADK and his wagon Dier?

@New Luna Republic

Why did you address your RQS to ADK only? What do you make of his reactions to BBT?

He mentioned he had some other experience I wanted to fine out how much. It also seemed odd to ask for a wagon in RVS so I wanted to see how things worked at his old site.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:29 am

EBWODP / Continue whatever.

He seemed quite defensive and if it was indeed a reaction test he reviled it very early. However I don't think being defensive is a scum tell or even alignment indicative but I'd have to get the
....IC's....
opinion on that as it seems to be quite a polarizer issue.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:36 am

In post 54, Garrett wrote:Asking for a bandwagon, questioning when someone does, and getting a little defensive about it, all these point to a not very favorable view of him being town.

It's peculiar and a little wish washy but I can't see a whole lot of scum motivation behind it (Unless he was just panicking scum but he could also just have been panicking town).

Also
.....IC...
as a rule of thumb is it best to point out possible flaws In arguments or just wait an see how person voted on responds
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:00 am

In post 82, Rubixxx wrote:Genuine newbie question here: why would quickhammering be a scum tell? More than one person has said that it'd virtually be suicide for scum now, but I'm struggling to see why that would be so. I thought it was ideal for scum to quickhammer, seeing as it's a reliable way to push a vote through without any resistance.

IME (very limited ofc) scum generally wouldn't want to quickhammer unless it was lylo/mylo as it could easily lead to there lynch next DP. I think the main risk of a quickhammer is from a new player that didn't realise (or care) that ADK was on L-1 and then votes for them
You should announce when you put someone on L-1

In post 82, Rubixxx wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and trust the more experienced players when they say making a vote doesn't put us at risk of getting locked in a vote early. Meanwhile, I'm going to read through the thread again and try to figure out how I've drawn so much negative attention to myself! I also might list my -- what's the word? Impressions? Guesses?.... I'm going to go with "impressions" -- of all the other players. Try to understand which way they're leaning imo, and why.

Reads is the word you are looking for
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:46 am

So how do we play now? SRMP seems like a very good lynch for D1 but it would be a great shame to end the day this early with 12+ Days left. But if we vote on other people for the next 12 days it just seems like we are playing as SRMP is very much the prefired lynch today (for me now at least and most likely at least 4 others)

So ergo we should end this DP now as we get the info for who voted on SRMP and information from the NK / Town PR roles. Or is my logic wrong.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:31 am

UNVOTE:
VOTE: SRMP
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:08 pm

Prehaps ADH was speaking to someone else in PT about trying to mislynch Garrett. Nice pick up though still it all seems unlikely; If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:15 pm

In post 107, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:In post 36, New Luna Republic wrote:
SRMP hasn't been around for a and I feel like pressuring bitten10minsago for not turning up yet :p

VOTE: Bitten10minsago
FOS: ADK

Do you oppose the ADK wagon? I'm unsure why you're not voting him here.

I'm very conflicted about ADK I'll explain it more tommorow on a mini read list (on mobile now)
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:39 pm

Rubixxx - Very exaggerative language almost feels too polite like he's trying to buddy everyone. Posts seem a little fluffy he's got the most posts iirc yet what has he really said.

Some Random Mafia Player - Scum slip or poor Speaker? Looking like a good lynch for today.

A Drowned Kernel - odd early games I tried to find scum motivations then relised there didn't have to be any and he could of just been making mistakes as scum. Still not the biggest fan of a ADK wagon I'll do a reread and see what I think.

These three are the main people I want to keep my eyes on atm full reads tommorow it's worth noting I did this without a reread + MS gonna make me get a laptop again, isn't it.

P:EDIT
Nah fuck that there are to many to pdit response to.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:45 pm

In post 119, Rubixxx wrote:Boy, howdy. I had no idea it was even a thing to be "toob town. Now I know better!

Boy Howdy....... WTF :facepalm:
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:07 am

@ADK
Is that question to all or just to Rubixxx?
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:23 pm

Imma do a reread and then sleep on things I think

However first impression of the BBT Drixx's argument Is that it's not TvT though I'll have to be carefull here.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:37 pm

In post 178, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:in fact drixx, if your so confident in me being scum, how about we bet on it?

Please don't say things like this it is counterproductive to whatever faction you belong to. No words are better that AtE / begging. A suggestion SRMP why don't you actually scum hunt instead of this shite defense.

TL:Dr if your actualy town stop pissing around and scum hunt

Petit: Drixx beat me to it but I may as well still post this
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:46 pm

@SRMP

I'm not sure I'm following what it's purpose is? To make him evaluate the confidence of his reads?
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:51 pm

Currently ADK is out of my prefired lynch pool for today

I'm more concerned about - SRMP, Rubixxx, and {BBT or Drixx} (paired them together as I seriously doubt both of them are scum but one of them just may be)

I'm going to ISO Garrett next
@Bitten10minsago
I hope your activity picks up. Also who do you think is scum and why?
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:02 pm

In post 185, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 183, New Luna Republic wrote:@SRMP

I'm not sure I'm following what it's purpose is? To make him evaluate the confidence of his reads?

no, to allow me to do it, and while I have to apparently excuse him, im interested in the fact that you just straight dismiss is as serving any use.

I don't understand this post.
'no, to allow me to do it'
Allow you to do What? Can you just rewrite it making more sense.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:29 pm

@Everyone
Should we try and get a role claim out of SRMP? And final reads or do you think he's said enough already.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #24) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:26 pm

I agree a claim would be weak at this stage but I definitely think he shouldn't of made one earlier. So I dunno

To anyone about to hammer say
Intent to hammer
then wait till he returns I believe that is SOP although I don't think he can say much other than saying "I'm nnocent" as he already has done a read list amd it seems like all he's been saying recently.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #25) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:24 am

If your going to be gone for more than 2 day's I suggest you turn V/LA on. (Vacation / Limited Access)
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:14 am

In post 153, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 151, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:SRMP join me on Garrett.

wait, you read up...

and then dont lynch someone who scumslipped?

Is this a joke rn?

Just ISO read SRMP. This is a strange post not sure if it's sarcastic. I've not been the biggest fan of BBT and SRMP's interactions either but I'm not sure that's alignment indicative.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #27) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:18 am

Anyway I think we need to slow down the SRMP lynch. Still not sure if we should ask for a claim?
@SE's @IC's
Could you answer that question please.

@SRMP
Don't claim yet please intill one of the more experienced players weights in on the situation.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:45 am

In post 66, Bitten10minutesago wrote:Okay, I think I'm all caught up now. The whole wagon thing is very suspect. It seemed like ADK was being silly suggesting it, but then BBT jumping on with no explanation or indication he was also being silly was weird. I get this is RVS but actually jumping on as soon as someone suggests a wagon still seems off.
My major scumread is on Rubixxx right now though. First they're on a wagon, then they're off when they start getting side eyed with a convenient shiny new townie defense. As a fellow shiny new townie, I'm not buying it. Not to mention the seeming intent to not piss anyone off or draw extra attention to themself.

This seems like such a throwaway right now when they've got no votes yet, but for now
VOTE: Rubixxx

(ooc: When I say I'm a shiny new townie I seriously mean it. I've played a lite version on another site, but I'm working my way through the wiki here and trying to keep up, so if I really screw up feel free to let me know :oops: )

Not sure how I feel about this post. I like the fact he is starting a wagon on someone instead of just following everyone but it could just be he doesn't want to be on the same wagon as his partner when it flips. It's all hypotheticals.

I can see why he would be suspicious of Rubixxx but this argument feels a like weak one when mentioning him being on and off a wagon. I think he did that just because he didn't want ADK hammered.

But I agree with BBT on his assent of Rubixxx's posts; they feel townie but are mostly fluff content wise.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:28 am

Why why why

@Dierfire
So basically it's done to stop rolefishing and to keep the mafia in the dark then? Right? Also that makes sense last game the hammerer asked for the claim.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:48 am

Okay that makes sense. Seeing as you are around

@Dierfire
Your vote is still on Rubixxx do you think he would've been a better lynch for the day?
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:34 am

In post 171, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:I dont got much to say

the one thing I do gotta say is both scum are on my wagon

why? Because they would have no reason to not jump at the opportunity for a free mislynch, they would much rather jump on the wagon, because they know at this point they can't be called out for it later, I suppose you can call it a somewhat of a slayers gambit (except the slip wasent intended)

on who I think is scum (my wagon is luna, drixx, rubixx, and ADk, BBT could be included for involvement of defense, the rest are probably town just for not taking the opportunity)

ADK:

not explaining why they jumped on the wagon is scummy, but they are making an honest effort to be towny

drixx:

disregarding other possibilities, buzzwords, and probably scum if BBT isent, would watch

rubixx:

doesent even have valid reason, and not posting content isent a valid reason, you give the person a chance to make posts (and if they dont, thats when you policy) and then come to a decision, but eh, they cant unlynch because then they are probably just trying to get out of this terro
probably scum for reasons mentioned.

Luna:

3/4 of the others are scum, unlikely they are scum as them and ADK are the towniest of this group

BBT:

him and drixx is town vs scum, I would lynch one if the other flips town tbh, so if drixx flips scum I would advise a lynch here, and vice versa.

discuss this, and I see no reason to hammer with 10 days left so dont do it.

@SRMP
Is this still you current reads? What's your scum team? Or is it to early for you too say?
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #32) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:41 am

It's rather slow in here....

BBT you said you had something to say
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #33) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:44 am

I understand if you can't do it tonight but it would be nice if you could
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #34) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:40 am

Wow momentum's really gone out of this DP.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Hmm I'm a little worried a scum SRMP would have self hammered by now.... Unless

1)He actually is town
2)He doesn't know you can self hammer
3)He wants BBT to take the stage or someone else for some reason
4)He wants pressure to relieve

These seem like the only reason he has not. Which one seems most likely?
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #36) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:11 am

Well I've got to say that was worth waiting for. Intresting pick up on Garrett thry aren't looking good, at all.

However I'm conflicted. SRMP Doesn't seem to be playing to win, has claimed, and is just prodogeing now. So basically I don't particularly want him around (no offense).
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #37) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:14 am

But I think I would rather keep dead wood around (that has a chance to flourish again) than let scum live.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #38) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:23 am

Least to most scum

{New Luna Republic}
{BBT}
{B10MA, Dier, Drixx} (sounds like a flight)
{Rubixxx}
{AWK, SRMP }
{Garrett}

I'm going to reread later today so some of this might change a little also
FOS/Intent to vote: Garrett
. I need to ISO read there post and look at BBT's wall again before I can confidently vote then.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #39) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:34 pm

In post 273, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:In post 116, New Luna Republic wrote:
Prehaps ADH was speaking to someone else in PT about trying to mislynch Garrett. Nice pick up though still it all seems unlikely; If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

OK, so if you don't think it's that what do you think it is?

No idea but it's looking like your original comment on it may be right.

VOTE: Garrett
No explanation needed
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #40) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Also some more read lists from different people would be intresting expecially from Garrett
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #41) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:00 am

If he doesn't flip scum then it's going to look real bad.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #42) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:17 am

Because you pushed him so aggressively. Actualy I suppose it wouldn't look too bad; at least when you look at motivation as scum would have little want for a Garrett lynch when SRMP was easy lynch material. Unless he was kept alive for a later mislynch (Assuming SRMP town ofc)
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #43) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:58 pm

There's reasons why the hammer is bad without them returning / claiming and reasons why it is good. Too tired to think see you on the other side of the flip I guess.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #44) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:49 am

In post 555, Bitten10minutesago wrote:Fuck okay I 100% did not mean to disappear, sorry everyone. I feel like I made a really bad impression for my first game, the timing just ended up being really unexpectedly awful for me. Literally just the most random awful shit happened all at once in my life but I didn't want to give up and be replaced out, which I should have because it was unfair of me to be so inactive and not help move the game along.

Anyway, I don't have time to catch up on everything that happened right now, but I may post closing thoughts later. Despite not posting much I really did enjoy playing with all of you and hopefully we'll cross paths in other games sometime :)

My first game was undoubtedly worse I prodgeded till Lylo then became justifiably the scum's last mislynch.
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #45) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:51 am

Thanks for the game everyone and Rob of course for doing his community service ;)
New Luna Republic
New Luna Republic
Goon
New Luna Republic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (isolation #46) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:07 am

In post 66, New Luna Republic wrote:
In post 42, Garrett wrote:Really got myself in a pickle here.

In post 14, Garrett wrote:boy does Rubixxx seem pissed. Just from looking at the first paragraph I can see he is losing his cool.

Great language uses in your PT Garrett. Ohh boy what a pickle :P

In post 60, Dierfire wrote:NLR has been fairly quiet. That sort of behavior might be concerning for a role of some sort. Also, the reaction to the hammer ("[there are] reasons why the hammer...is good") implies a role of some sort. This is a good choice for the kill.

I get that quiet implies PR but I'm not sure how the second part of your quote implies that I was PR?

Accidental posted this in scum PT

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”