Newbie 1677 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:51 am

Post by Ruku »

Good Morning!

@MochaMan, is that just the 1 game or have you played before under different accounts?

In post 10, mykonian wrote:The second thing is that as townie, please don't be too cavalier with claiming vanilla townie. I know it's good to be truthful as a vt and nobody wants to get lynched, but scum know the same! It'll only make it easier for them to aim for our powerroles. You might save yourself, but who do you kill?

@mykonian, Are you saying the VTs shouldn't claim VT if they're about to get lynched? Or are you just saying don't reveal unless you absolutely have to?

RNG Spat out a 6!

So.... VOTE: Natsu
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:53 am

Post by Ruku »

In post 13, hawkleader3 wrote:What's up guys. I'm hawkleader3 but I could go by hawk. Maybe I can't unless this guy is done. Good luck to you all.

VOTE: jachawk

Maybe killing him is slightly overreacting :lol: We could just call you Hawk and him Jac? :wink:
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Ruku »

In post 19, Natsu wrote:
In post 17, mykonian wrote:
Ruku wrote:@mykonian, Are you saying the VTs shouldn't claim VT if they're about to get lynched? Or are you just saying don't reveal unless you absolutely have to?

The latter. Not saying you can't claim, but people should be a bit careful with it. On first sight it doesn't look like you are giving away all that much with a VT claim, but that's not the whole truth, so you have to be as careful with them as with pr claims.

@ Roku

Expanding on this, I think the idea is that mafia is more likely to claim Vanilla than a power role. Claiming a PR can lead to your insta-lynch if that PR ends up dying later. Also, it might let everyone secure safer lynches so as not to lynch a PR, which narrows things down and might allow mafia to kill our PR's more easily.

That makes sense, counter-claiming would also prevent the Mafia from fake-claiming PR and since we can deduce if the Mafia has claimed a role that isn't in the game. It wouldn't be a smart play.

That's an interesting question, I would of been tempted. I can think of reasons both for and against. Self-Voting is never good from what I've seen, but then town should be honest so I'd probably have made a joke about it then ran the RNG again. Hopefully this would cause some early discussion from which I could get some initial reads.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Ruku »

In post 21, tojam2 wrote:Ok, should we get to work on finding the scum now we've all made random votes.

Unvote

I don't think that's how RVS works. It has a purpose, its to generate some discussion and from this we can move forward and raise suspicions, formulate reads etc.. It gives us a bit of material so we can starting using our FoS.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Ruku »

In post 26, Natsu wrote:I already mentioned that I'm new. I played one other game on another site that operated very differently, and this was nearly a decade ago. I didn't even take it seriously there. It was kind of hard to keep track of with 150 people, so I remember myself semi-lurking around until I got lynched halfway through for not posting enough.

150 people in a single game? Holy shit.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Ruku »

In post 37, mykonian wrote:
MochaMan wrote:
In post 29, mykonian wrote:Good catch, sort of.

I like Ruku for scum, for different reasons. RVS is already noncommital, but Ruku even then shifts responsibility away from him for his vote to a rng generator. That's a worrying habit to have.

vote Ruku

Seems a bit opportunistic, but at the same time there isn't a whole lot to go off on at page 1. Using an rng for rvs seems like something I'd do too.

And now you know why you shouldn't!

The RVS stage is about making silly reasons then people responding to your silly reasons and that somehow spirals out of control till you have real stuff to discuss. How is anyone going to talk about your silly reasons if it was "well the dice said so". It used to be more prevalent that people did role dice, but this is the reason why it has pretty much died out now. The RNG vote gave town no benefit, makes some sense from a scum motivation, it became a scumtell of sorts.

We shouldn't let ruku get away with murder here!

In post 40, mykonian wrote:
In post 39, MochaMan wrote:
In post 37, mykonian wrote:It used to be more prevalent that people did roll dice

Wait did people who did roll dice turn out to be mafia more often than not?

I don't have a clue :) I never counted. I can see why people thought that though.

On the other hand, for an early game tell, I'm sure it's good enough. You only need a couple of percent more likelyhood of it being correct to make it worthwile.

In post 38, MochaMan wrote:but I can't see it being scum motivated.

It's a mindset. Town "should" be less likely to be worried at the start of the game. Townies are mostly a bit wandering how to get information and stumble around a bit. Scum otoh just got a role pm that tells them to hide and it would not do to get suspected too early on. And if you can't think of a silly reason that surely wouldn't get you suspected, better point somewhere else. It's a bit better than just a habit for the scum's side. And again, we don't need it to be a 100% tell. 51% will do.

So I don't think it's scum intent. I don't think ruku made the concious choice to go with RNG if he's scum to do something devious with it. I think if ruku is scum it could have been the path of least resistance.

Several people have posted defense statements regarding this but I'll post my own thoughts also.

It seems in this situation my 'silly' reason was to use a RNG generator, however I disagree that people won't be able to talk about it. Id say it's causes the most discussion out of all the RVS votes, which certainly makes it the most successful for moving the game forward thus benefiting the town.

Also, although I wasn't aware that it's somewhat of a scum tell on here - I was aware that it was different to the norm and I hadn't seen anyone do it on the games I've read. I was completely conscious that it was going to cause discussion. Which is exactly what I was after. It's certainly not the path of least resistance, doing something different would be the last thing I'd want to do if I was Mafia.

In post 42, tojam2 wrote:@Natsu: Yes, you are too poorly uninformed, so read the wiki!!! And I don't want to waste the first day getting killed by the scum trying to fool you all, yes Natsu, I'm pointing the finger at you, you literally jumped on a bandwagon against me when you are 'too uninformed to handle' and claim I'm trying to skip the RVS, how do you even know what that means if you're not informed well enough, I've been playing since before Christmas and know less than you!!

Vote:Natsu

@MochaMan This is my 3rd game on this site, however I have had some impeccable rounds of TIMV where I as detective have correctly chosen who to lynch 4/5 times, I have played over 150 rounds through all 3 classes I think.

I wasn't happy with his previous post about finishing the RVS stage without getting much info out of it - and I really don't like this. It seems a very personal post, talking about him getting killed and the OMGUS against Natsu. This doesn't feel like a post from someone with a town mindset.

Could you explain the lines;

"and I don't want to waste the first day getting killed by the scum trying to fool you all"
"you literally jumped on a bandwagon against me when you are 'too uninformed to handle'"

You did try and skip the RVS from what I can see. The claims from Natsu were not baseless.

Why did you turn against Natsu instead of me?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: tojam2

Maybe a bit early for reads but i'm sure we can get some discussion from it;

I like MochaMan for town. As I was reading through the new posts, I make notes on things I wish to comment on and numerous times I found the exact same points listed by him. Which tells me he's thinking like town. Seems to be trying to pushing the game forward.

I like Natsu for town-lean, for the same reasons as above. I like his comments both on the self RNG and on tojam's RVS skip post.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:40 pm

Post by Ruku »

Him getting to L-1 this early isn't beneficial to town, and an opertunistic Mafia might just to hammer him off.

Him just being at L-1, doesn't mean he should just claim. He needs to make a defense and only claim at the last moment before the final hammer. It was something the IC said earlier in his introduction post.

This strikes me as odd, as it was clearly spoke about earlier on the day. This is could be Mafia fishing for PRs.

Hawkleader is leaning scummier and I really didn't like that post.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Ruku »

I want to hear from RC and from eventi
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Ruku »

@Mod Could you prod Random Canadian and eventi please.

I presume Random Canadian didn't confirm, as he hasn't posted once in the thread yet.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Ruku »

Mykonian can you give your read on tojam please.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Ruku »

I've reread the thread and some ISOs this morning, I need to catch up again.

mykonian -

#: I disagree with the % idea, we lynch the person who we think is the most scummy. The % doesn't matter at all, if you think that everyone is at %5 except me who's at %10, it's an obvious choice to vote me.

#: Why someone else? Saying that we shouldn't trust you because you might be scum is useless to town, should we just vote you off now and not listen to anything you say because there's a chance you could be scum. I'd much rather you give the information yourself.

#: I find it really hard to believe that you don't have ANY opinion on him at all. You keep commenting on the Wagon instead of actually telling me what you think of him. He's made several ridiculously weird posts, so much that he's amalgamated enough votes to put him at L-1 but still hasn't made any sort of formal defence. The reason the wagon was formed like that is because he hasn't responded to any points that people have made. He said he doesn't deal with accusations very well, but it feels like he's ignoring it all together... (Whoops, I wrote about Tojam more than mykonian here, but I find it really hard to believe you don't have an opinion on any of these things.)

Scum-Lean

PhantomCobalt -

"also, HI PC.

You should probably know better than thinking I'm mafia. You've just seen me play mafia. This is nothing like it :/"

Can PC give his opinion on this, what does he do when he plays as Mafia that's different to how he's playing now?

MochaMan -

# - It sounds weird like that because it's a bit misrepresented, I've seen cases where Mafia try to look like town by being really active and always pushing the game forward by asking questions but never actually giving their own opinions, I don't believe that's the case here however.

tojam2 -

The only town-ish content I've seen is the read-list(which I still have questions about). Everything else

Why didn't you vote for mykonian if you think he's a scum lean?
Why is it a poor read on eventi?
Why do you trust MochaMan?

Do you see how even though you posted your reads, you could of elaborated much further and given us more information? As town there is no need to hold views back.

After reading tojams ISO, I'm sticking with my scum read. I haven't had a chance to read over is other games yet but I'll do that when I get a chance (probably this weekend).

From his ISO of 7 posts.
#: RVS although he claims later to not know what it means.
#: Attempt to skip RVS before some players have even posted.
#: OMGUS attack on Natsu, really weird statements. "And I don't want to waste the first day getting killed by the scum trying to fool you all" ??????
#: Says Natsu jumped on the bandwagon where he was literally the first person to vote for him. (Thanks for pointing this out Natsu didn't notice that)
#: Quote 1: Useless fluff, completely disagree with the newb following SE statement. "I suppose I get to exploit that when I complete the game though" I literally have no idea what this means.
#: Quote 2: It doesn't matter whether you trust them, you shouldn't trust anyone at this stage unless your Mafia. Didn't really explain either of my questions...
#: Useless Fluff.
#: Useless Fluff / I find it hard to believe that if you've played 2 games before on this site you've never seen the L-x notation.
#: Read list, see above.

I wrote this in my reads of mykonian. But here it is again for convenience.
He's made several ridiculously weird posts, so much that he's amalgamated enough votes to put him at L-1 but still hasn't made any sort of formal defence. The reason the wagon was formed like that is because he hasn't responded to any points that people have made. He said he doesn't deal with accusations very well, but it feels like he'sa ignoring it all together...

Scum
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:24 am

Post by Ruku »

In post 96, PhantomCobalt wrote:Mocha your defense is trash.

In post 108, PhantomCobalt wrote:I'm not going to be talking about meta this game because I believe it's a terrible scumhunting tool so I will not enforce it to newbies.

Okay, sure. But he was talking about meta. I'm not happy that you're able to essentially communicate in a way that the rest of us can't understand, I agree with you that meta is a terrible scumhunting tool, but in this situation I wish to know what mykon meant by his statement.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Ruku »

(Ignore the first quote whoops)
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:16 am

Post by Ruku »

@Mod I'm requesting a prod on Eventi and jachawk
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:20 am

Post by Ruku »

Tojam2's play seems really weird, but I think he is starting to fall in line with the "so bad he can't be scum" thing. He seems to be just as clueless in his other games on here (no offense),

This is a worryingly good point, what is the standard for dealing with bad-town? I wouldn't want him in a LYLO situation but if he keeps going like this I doubt he would die in the night.

Also, we basically have 4 people not playing the game. What we do about this?
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:22 am

Post by Ruku »

@Natsu, You have a convincing list of reads, but you haven't found anywhere to put your vote. Why is this?
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Ruku »

In post 129, Natsu wrote:
In post 125, Ruku wrote:@Natsu, You have a convincing list of reads, but you haven't found anywhere to put your vote. Why is this?

I'm kind of hesitant about non-RVS voting with many players not playing the game yet. Is that a bad thing?

Okay, so hawkleader might be rolefishing as pointed out by Mocha. But where is this rolefishing from Tojam that PC is talking about?

Voting gives us a LOT of information. Voting also doesn't mean that you're ready to lynch them off, it helps build pressure which then in turn forces people to give defenses (more information) and more posts to analyse. At this point in the game, you should of found somewhere to put your vote (non rvs).

In post 130, tojam2 wrote:@Ruku, not vote them off until we have removed active scum, if people see irregular log-ins, post about it here and we will decide whether to vote for them or not.

I honestly feel like I have no clue what you're saying 70% of the time.

Could you define Active Scum?
" if people see irregular log-ins, post about it here and we will decide whether to vote for them or not."
Also what does this mean?
In post 131, tojam2 wrote:I think you'll find I have voted too.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
In post 132, mykonian wrote:
Ruku wrote:
Tojam2's play seems really weird, but I think he is starting to fall in line with the "so bad he can't be scum" thing. He seems to be just as clueless in his other games on here (no offense),

This is a worryingly good point, what is the standard for dealing with bad-town? I wouldn't want him in a LYLO situation but if he keeps going like this I doubt he would die in the night.

Also, we basically have 4 people not playing the game. What we do about this?

dw, he has 50% of getting it right in lylo if he's town, just like the rest of us ;)

It's maybe a blind chance of 50%, but factoring in reads I disagree, If he's town I don't feel comfortable letting him make that decision.

Tojam's play is really starting to annoy me, he literally doesn't give a shit about pressure, hasn't responded to my questions and doesn't make defenses. I'm questioning my mafia read on him tbh because if I was mafia and there was all these accusations I'd be much more stressed but he seemingly doesn't care. He's bad town or bad mafia and he's going to get a free pass the whole game either way.

There's no point in voting him as my vote is doing nothing.

VOTE: mykonian

@mykon: Could you respond to this please:

#72: Why someone else? Saying that we shouldn't trust you because you might be scum is useless to town, should we just vote you off now and not listen to anything you say because there's a chance you could be scum. I'd much rather you give the information yourself.

I was going to read jachawk as scum-lean, but I actually really like his last post that just ninja'd me (please keep them coming), he reiterates the points that I was about to make about tojam not responding and I agree with the points about mykon.

Reads (no order):
Town -> Natsu
Town-Lean -> Mocha
Null -> PC, jachawk
Scum-Lean -> HawkLeader, mykon
Scum -> Tojam

Inactive = ??? -> eventi
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Ruku »

Whoops, I thought I deleted the vote and was going to follow up with my voting post on hawkleader instead. -.-

UNVOTE:

I think that hawkleader is making a lot of newbie mistakes that I would expect from someone who's played a lot of games and is an SE. It just feels really weird.

VOTE: hawkleader
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Ruku »

I don't like how this is going down, I'll look through everything tonight. Do we really need a claim yet!?

UNVOTE:
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Ruku »

So we've put him at L-1 and asked him to claim when he hasn't posted even a defense? I'm almost certain theirs scum accelerating this lynch. He's barely even posted?! I'm fine with adding pressure but I'm not ready to lynch anyone yet.

I'd imagine several people, myself included - voted him to add pressure not necessarily that they wan't him lynched at this point. We still have lots of time left.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:11 am

Post by Ruku »

Sorry I've missed out on a lot here, I've been ill the past few days and have been trying to sleep it off.hopefully the worst of it is over and I'll be able to follow up tomorrow
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Ruku »

Prodge ish. I'll follow up tomorrow morning.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:05 am

Post by Ruku »

First of all I'd like to apologise for losing track of this game, I was off ill since the weekend and really haven't felt like doing much. Alas, i'm much better now! Let's get back to the game.

I'll just go through from where I left off and comment on some main points. I'll then follow up with a read list.

Tojam2

Here is one last statement about tojam then i'm done with him.

I'm essentially ignoring his posts at this point, most are non-sensical, baseless, categorically wrong or just plain useless. I get the feeling he's not actually reading the game just the previous post before the one he posts.

Example:

MochaMan Posts about how he has lost where the game is going at this point. (Post VOTE: 193)
PC attacks him for it. (Post VOTE: 197)
MyKon explains to us why saying "I don't know what's happening anymore" is a scum tell.
Wait for it
Post VOTE: 202: Tojam2: "Ok, I still have no idea where this is going"
?!?!?

Then he randomly claims.

I really don't like the Mykon - Tojam interaction. I think if Tojam flips Scum Mykon is next on the chopping block.

PC

Although initially I wasn't a fan of the one liners full of useless content. It's got somewhat better and I especially like his point towards jachawk in (post VOTE: 222) stating that he reiterates the same point he just made.

jachawk

I don't like his post VOTE: 210.

Could you explain why MochaMan strikes you as scummy? Because the scum-tell for the post you linked that mykon explained later. Is then critisised by you in the next paragraph.

Although, I've read through his ISO and this is one of the first posts i've taken issue to.

Lia

Very low number of posts and seems to be casting a very wide net.

Still no justification on Mocha but you're happy to lynch him, I see very weak reads on the rest. Gut mostly and even less than that on Natsu.

Read-List

Scum: tojam2
Scum-Lean: mykonian, Lia
Null: hawkleader3. PhantomCobalt
Town-Lean: jachawk, MochaMan
Town: Natsu

I think we need to start looking to hammer someone now.

My choices are (in order): tojam, mykon (probably won't happen), Lia.

@Mod - Can we have an official vote count.

VOTE: Tojam2
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Ruku »

TIL [ VOTE ] != [ POST ] >.<
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Ruku »

Mochaman never really struck me as scummy till now

This very clearly implies that you think he's scum.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Ruku »

If it gets to tonight (6 hours ish) I will hammer Lia.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #26) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Ruku »

Another scum tell from Tojam. The whole sorry if your town seems so fake. It's like he's trying to remove responsibility.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #27) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Ruku »

Hammering.

VOTE: Lia
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Post by Ruku »

jachawk: I think he got through the day very unscathed with a lot of the pressure being directed to the other hawk.

I also believe that you were PCs strongest scum read, so his death would be very beneficial to you.

VOTE: jachawk

Tojam isn't this dumb, I've read his other games. Theres no way he didn't know about the Mafia having a kill each. His comments are none-sensical and it's not like that when he's played before.

I don't know what the hell it is.

---------

I don't like this whole pressure argument. You can say you're applying pressure to someone and the pressure is still real. It doesn't devalue anything. Talking about pressure doesn't make it any less legitimate...

The only reason this would apply is if you're just pushing for reactions but don't actually think they're Scum. (This is obvious why)

@Tojam, I'm not sure whether it's alignment indicative but it sure as hell doesn't help town...
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:15 am

Post by Ruku »

@Jachawk, Tojam and Mykon.

Could you give a read list please
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Ruku »

MochaMan - Town
Natsu - Town
hawkleader3 - Null
mykonian - Scum
tojam2 - Scum
jachawk - Scum
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:40 am

Post by Ruku »

VOTE: mykonian

The one post I actually don't mind from tojam is post 265 and that happens to be the one that mykon jumped on him for. I'm convinced it's a mykon - tojam or jac - mykon scum team.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #32) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Ruku »

Chances are I was way far off on the mykon - tojam scum team. It literally makes no sense, but because of this I think it clears tojam.

Who do you think could be Tojam's scum partner? The only person who I could conceive being a scum partner with tojam is Natsu and I really don't think Natsu is scum.

Which leaves mostly by POE. (Natsu, Mocha - Reading Strongly as Town) (Tojam - Cleared by lack of Scum Partner), the 2 hawks and mykon.

I read through mykon and jachawks ISO and they never give reads on each other, have never thrown suspicion on each other barely even mentioned each other. Which I believe to be sketchy as hell.

My second point is the mykonian - tojam interaction. Tojam has been doing newb plays the whole game, but it's just now when mykon 180's his stance and now it's a huge scum tell.

Also post #, where jac soft confirms mykon as town but without actually putting too much neck out for it.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Ruku »

O.o
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #34) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:45 am

Post by Ruku »

In post 343, mykonian wrote:
In post 335, Natsu wrote:Also, "jachawk is w/e for me" is triggering alarms. The biggest lurker is just whatever to you? I mean, sure, he is kind of null to me also, but why not apply pressure at this point?

you people and your pressure. It doesn't work if you don't mean it. I won't mean it, because I'm not too offended by some inactivity. Game isn't the fastest anyway and there are some players out there that do feel unnatural. So be it that one of the newbies watches more than he talks.

Tojam calling ruku scum is a welcome sign of life. Wouldn't have expected that to come from tojam scum, might still work. Think it's better to support the movement first, lets see where this goes.
vote Ruku

I disagree with basically this entire post.

The pressure argument I feel is getting a bit stale now, there is nothing wrong with what he did, what makes you think he wouldn't of meant the pressure? The game progresses by applying pressure to people and looking for scum reads, it doesn't matter if at the time you don't 100% believe in the scum read because you're looking to get reads from it.

And you should care about inactivity and as an IC you should know that. If he stays inactive and hides under the radar the whole game there will be no posts for people to analyse and the only way to get him to post by applying pressure. If he if Mafia and barely posts all game and we're all fine with that then no one will ever call him out on anything because he doesn't post. Looks to me like you're just trying to defend your scum-partner.

So you're telling me that you're surprised at Tojam, who's being saying I'm scum for essentially the entire game with absolutely 0 reasons what so over and generally hasn't being making any sense the entire game; completely changes the wagon to me from himself once he's at L-1? I'd completely expect that from scum anyone. But he's not scum is he, and you know that don't you.

"Think it's better to support the movement first, lets see where this goes". HA, you talk about pressure and not announcing it then you post that? It's the least-committal bus I've ever seen. Tbh, it just looks like you're attempting to deflect attention from you and hawk(s). I'm so sure I've got this figured out. You be scum fine sir.

I'm happy to lynch you now.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:46 am

Post by Ruku »

Whoops, the numbers came from line counts when I was transferring the post from my phone to PC! Sorry. :)
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:48 am

Post by Ruku »

Sorry for triple post but @mod could we have a updated vote count and a prod on hawkleader. Thanksies
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:07 am

Post by Ruku »

I never said you need to limit yourself, but ignoring them completely is wrong.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #38) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Ruku »

In post 333, mykonian wrote:jachawk is w/e for me.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #39) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Ruku »

Here answer me this first,

What does your post 333 do to help me decide whether jachawk is town or scum?
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #40) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:38 pm

Post by Ruku »

In post 353, jachawk wrote:@ruku : you scum read me for my inactivity and call out mykonian for not sharing your view. However, you seem to have completely ignored hawkleader who is yet to make a post even though he is at L-1.
I think it is you and not mykonian who is trying to deflect attention away from his scum partner.

You're misrepresenting me. I never scum read you for inactivity and it's not that I give a shit about him not sharing my view. It's that his post was useless and just designed to pull suspicion away from you. Oh, and I like the casual scum partner defense tactic btw.

In post 358, mykonian wrote:I may be an IC, but I don't have to do that for you.

I don't think jac is particulary obvtown, but otoh I don't need to lynch him. "w/e" when he gets pushed is pretty accurate.

It's nothing to do with you being an IC. You don't have to, because you can't. Your post about jachawk does absolutely nothing to help town, which makes it useless. Why don't you think he's obv town? Why don't you want to lynch him?

Can we please lynch one of these two already? We don't have the most time left. Where is Mocha?

@Mod, It's been 3 days and 14 hours since hawk leader posted what happens now?
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #41) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:21 am

Post by Ruku »

Mocha, what's your read on mykon?
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #42) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Post by Ruku »

Man I love this, you've managed to waste a whole day of time talking about about useless stuff. I don't feel like I have time to convince Mocha + 1, thus hawkleader will get lynched. Who is in my scum circle but eeeh, he hasn't even posted 4 days 12 hours.

I'm starting to like mocha less for town, he's been following mykon all game which seems kinda weird but I guess if they were both mafia they'd try to stay away a bit.

@Mykon, You COMPLETELY twisted my point. It doesn't matter what I think about jachawk because i've said multiple times now. You and Him are scum together. I posted my reasons a few posts back, no need to re-hash them.

There IS scum somewhere in Mykon, Jachawk, Hawkleader and I'm so sure it's mykon at this point.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #43) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:18 pm

Post by Ruku »

@Mocha, The point that I made was from a town standpoint "jachawk is w/e to me" is absolutely useless and not a towny post. It doesn't matter what I think of him, it doesn't matter what you think of him. It matters that the information that mykon gave to us was 0. Which doesn't push the game forward and doesn't help us catch scum. There isn't any dictating of reads here.

The actual read doesn't even matter imo.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #44) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:35 pm

Post by Ruku »

Oh I completely missed it somehow, but nice OMGUS
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #45) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:09 am

Post by Ruku »

In post 372, mykonian wrote:
Ruku wrote:Man I love this, you've managed to waste a whole day of time talking about about useless stuff.

That's your judgement. Because what you've done this day is convince yourself that I'm the partner of a lurker. That's the case.

And somehow it doesn't matter to you that you think jachawk is scum as well then? Because I've been trying to press that on you but you keep dodging that. Somehow that's twisting your intentions. You don't actually want to show why his lurking is scummy in stead of newbie, so in conclusion, how could I even be his partner? Your reasoning is circular on the partnership, you don't actually have an idea why the individuals are scummy.

Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #46) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Ruku »

Whoops my passive aggressive posting technique ruined my ability to quote the correct post.

Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #47) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Ruku »

Also mykon because Mocha, Natsu and tojam are town. It leaves you, jac and hawk. By PoE.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #48) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Ruku »

@Mocha Can you show me some town things that mykon has done this day? Because I'm struggling to find any.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #49) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Ruku »

@Tojam2, Oh really, can you point out this enlightening analysis?
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #50) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Ruku »

Is there any point in talking further? No-one will budge on their reads.

Hawkleader will die tonight, even though he's not even here and can't post to defend himself. (Not that anyone has put forth any real reasons for voting him anyway). Pretty sure he's going to flip town also.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #51) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:03 am

Post by Ruku »

Why would a town read?
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #52) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:04 am

Post by Ruku »

*Whoops missed a few words.

Why would I vote on a town read? You could always vote jachawk.... oh wait.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #53) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Ruku »

I mean honestly. Hawkleader isn't a BAD lynch. He's the least scummy out of the scummy 3 but we take what we can get.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #54) » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:43 am

Post by Ruku »

Tojam doesn't agree with me I don't think he's scum.

Mocha doesn't agree with me I don't think he's scum.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #55) » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:43 am

Post by Ruku »

The 48 hours helps. Welcome Maestro.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #56) » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:44 am

Post by Ruku »

Someone defending someone else? No I don't find that suspicious actually.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #57) » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Ruku »

In post 412, Maestro wrote:
In post 407, Ruku wrote:Someone defending someone else? No I don't find that suspicious actually.

Chainsaw Defense

The scummy part of this isn't that someone else defends another player. It's that they do it by attacking the initial attacker. Which isn't what happened here.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #58) » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Ruku »

Were you going to let that go to a no-lynch mykon? So we had more targets to choose from tomorrow?
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #59) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Ruku »

jachawk is fine, mykon is better. I've said all I need to on the topic. The pushes are fine and have plenty of weight behind them.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #60) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Ruku »

1-Shot Bullet Proof needs to claim now I think.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #61) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 pm

Post by Ruku »

I'm taking this as Mocha confirmed town.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #62) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Ruku »

If you look at my interactions with Jachawk i'm pretty sure you'll find we aren't a scum team.

I feel a bit sketch on using the same logic I used for mykon (I was so sure mykon would flip scum), but I still think it's solid.

Mocha is conf town, Natsu is 90% town, I think Tojam is town maybe 60%.

Which leaves Hawkleader/Maestro and Jachawk. I'm thinking Lia may of been correct on the hawk scum team?

I need to look at how Jachawk reacted to the Hawkleader push in day 1.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #63) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:20 am

Post by Ruku »

Not that i've been much help, but theres been so little activity in this game. Let's try and step it up a bit.

Tojam has suddenly got way more into the game, not quite sure what to take from this; but my reasoning about scum partners still stands.

VOTE: jachawk - Do you think Maestro is scum?

Mocha, can you give a reads list and make a vote.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #64) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Ruku »

Infact can I have a whole reads list with reasons from jachawk also.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #65) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Ruku »

@Mod - If the 1 Shot BP was killed earlier, would the death message show Vanilla Townie or Vanilla Townie - 1 Shot BP?
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #66) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Ruku »

In post 497, Witch_Hunter wrote:
In post 249, Ruku wrote:Hammering.

VOTE: Lia

:o
Hammering before a claim? This is bad.

In post 527, jachawk wrote:Wow ... really great game, had a lot of fun. Thanks guys :D
witch_hunter : The misread notwithstanding, I really liked your analyses of the game. Just reading through your posts, all your points seem spot on and dont seem to miss much.
On a lighter note, thanks for helping me win the game :wink:

natsu : Thanks for being such a wonderful scum partner :] The strategy of not appearing to be a team (it just so happened that I couldnt match his level of activity) really worked well and complete credit to you for this :)

I think Ruku will continue to give me nightmares :( , dont think we could've won unless Natsu was on his good side.

tojam : intrguing play by you, though I couldnt follow half of what you were trying to do :)

Sorry about the nightmares :twisted: mykon flipping town threw my confidence straight out of the window and I got completely played by Natsu :lol: Ahhhhhhhhhhh, Good Game :)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”