Newbie 1694 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

VOTE: Raisus
going for the middle of the pack, narrowing it down from there ;D

I am the inexperienced-challenged (IC) player of this game, which basically means I am expected to fail rather harder at newbying it up like you folks, so do what I do, but strictly at your own risk.

In case you don't know yet, there are some links, considered helpful by some people, at the top of the Newbie game queue.
Rather more helpful, if you want quick help, is the wiki (click here); if you are looking for some slang or abbreviation that some ons threw at your head and you do not understand, this is the place to look and I suggest you do so, because I'd rather be doing other stuff than having to answer every trivial question myself.

Other things you'll definitely need.
  • A bulker full of salt to gratuitously pout over everything you read in the above links or hear from other players, including anything I may have to say
  • Your brain. Use it to the best of your abilities. Mafia is a game of analysis, information, clever usage of that information and just general outsmarting your opponents. So please
    think
    before you act, and you will do just fine.

Things I won't do include:
  • Listing or elaborating my town reads without some dire need to do so. It's just lazy and handles scum a nice list on where to night kill on a silver platter. So don't even ask for my town reads.
  • Be pretentious on day one. If I haven't figured some one out yet, I haven't figured some out yet. A good read is like a good whiskey, best when it's had the time to properly mature. Patience is a virtue in a mafia game, those scum are not exactly going to be jumping the queue to screw up decisively.
  • Speaking of those scum, I will not elaborate on what scum should do in any situation. That's what the mafia PT is for, and with some luck there is even one of the SEs or me in there to help you out. But in this thread, I play strictly from a town point of view, as I'd rather not sacrifice my wincon just to helpful to the minority... That being said, expect me to give scum
    some
    hints, strictly for the fun of the WIFOM of it.

Now let's see what's been going on so far...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:11 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 10, Mafiaturtle wrote:Might claim today, not sure.

Don't.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 12, Mafiaturtle wrote:
In post 11, Almost50 wrote:
In post 10, Mafiaturtle wrote:Might claim today, not sure.

Mate, the game hasn't even started yet. What purpose does claiming or even stating intent to claim serve here??

There could be some advantages of roleclaiminf early in the game. Not saying I am, but if I was rolecop I could start a follow the cop situation by claiming.

This setup is specifically designed to prevent follow the cop. If you really were the cop, you'd wind up either dead or permanently disabled. Please read that part about thinking before acting that I wrote about in my first post. If you are not sure about all the potential consequences something you do might have, then don't do it; you cannot un-screw-up afterwards.
Besides that, the fact that you seem not to have even read what the setup is beforehand is unnerving, at the very least.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 18, Mafiaturtle wrote:Actually gonna change to VOTE: Shadow Dancer

They are the most experienced player here, I'd keep an eye out for them. I would like them to claim before day 3, although they have no reason to listen to me tonight.

So from potentially compromising your own role you are now out fishing for mine.
If you are town, you better learn what actually helpful content is fast, or you will either get lynched or lose this game for all of us (and the former option already is major step towards the latter, so, if at all possivle, avoid that, too!). If you are scum, though: Keep it coming. You are doing great so far.

Great, now we have a whole page of people just explaining the basics to you, which gets us nowhere. So I hope we can move on from this now.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:32 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@MURDERCAT
: So you have not read anything, but nonetheless realized that Turtle, as you put it, "sucks". You must me some telepath or something. Mind to explain the discrepancy?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Raisus
: None so far. Were you thinking of anything specific?

@MURDERCAT: So you know what the term OMGUS usually stands form, yet still consider it a good idea to justify your vote with that as a justification, and even though even though Turtle's vote had already moved on by then? Sounds a bit forced to me.
VOTE: MURDERCAPS
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Ragnarok is finally a waggon I can get behind. Don't like the absolutely non-committal he has non-contributed so far.

VOTE: Ragnarok

Be aware that that's L-1 again.

I like it that way, for the dynamics of an early waggon. Forces every one to take a position.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 51, Mafiaturtle wrote:If anyone hammers ragnarok yet, i'm pushing a lynch on them no matter what ragnarok flips.

So you think scum would quick-hammer their buddy in this situation? Why? And if so, why are you making this post, which is likely to prevent just that from happening?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 52, Almost50 wrote:I hope they come back soon to claim or provide some valid defense. I was giving people (and myself) time to go through Easter.

Actually, I am against a hasty claim. He should try some real contend first.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Please, don't quote-wall. Especially don't self-quote-wall. Think about what you want to say and
then
write it.
Well, as far as I am concerned, scum is more than welcome to quick-hammering their buddy now... But you still don't explain, why you would make a post that can only be seen as scum-coaching to prevent an outcome that you describe as desirable for town.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 69, RaisusTheFlammie wrote:
Spoiler: allegedly rule-violating post
In post 65, Madonna wrote:Sure, but the other wagon meant those two votes went elsewhere. I am not so sure his initial non-RVS vote was great and his second seems opportunistic.

I don't really have much to go on other than these facts:

- RagnorokX hasn't contributed other than posting random vote and voting you because of Madonna's siggy, then he backed off again. (Although, he didn't use the official [/unvote] to do so, so idk if it counts)
- MafiaTurtle is new, he made a mistake, but he's played mafia games before and if he'd have read the wiki on newbie games setup (Which I'm hoping he did), he'd know that "FollowTheCop" doesn't work in this setup This was mentioned by at least 2 other people on here.
- Madonna seems to be suspicious of me, not sure why, apart from getting on a train heading towards L-1, which is exactly what Shadow Dancer did after Mr Glidder took his vote off.

- Shadow Dancer seems helpful enough in his role as IC, but I haven't been able to pick out how he's playing, apart from re-uping the train to L-1
- MURDERCAT also seems to be pretty null at the moment.
- As does Mr Glidder...
- Ghostwheel is null as he's just replaced in and we didn't hear at all from WhiskeyBuffalo

- I'm getting faint town vibes off Almost50
This is an official warning. Please make sure to read the rules and do not use the mods color in your posting.

@shaddowez: I really think you need to better explain then what you consider your "mod-colour" as none of the colours Flammie used in that post are even close and I don't see how any one could have possibly mistaken anything he posted there as a moderator comment.

Could you also please prod and, if necessary, replace Ragnarok?

Otherwise I think that post by Raisus sums up the current game state pretty neatly. I guess every one is doing Easter stuff or something. I don't really want to move my vote on before Ragnarok has actually reacted, though...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Oh, okay. Didn't know she'd changed it... (Nevertheless, I also don't particularly like the very concept of a "mod-colour", but whatever...)
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I haven't really got the bad vibes from him that some of you seem to... I'll look more closely into it later. Seems like there is some reading to do, just checking in quickly right now.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:47 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Madonna's case against Raisus seems like a stretch to me. Not necessarily a willingly dishonest stretch, but there's definitely a whole lot of confirmation bias going on.

The ones trailing behind on that waggon are worse, though.
@MURDERCAPS
: Just one question: As you put it yourself, your case against Raisus basically boils down to "he is not consistent". Would you think about this for a moment: Why would you think of incosistency as being a scum tell?

It's Glidder, however, who takes the biscuit. To me he seems to be merely coasting along for a while now, and his "I don't really care"-attitude upon jumping on the Raisus waggon is just terrible.

Another thing that I find slightly alarming is Turtle's almost complete disappearance from the recent discussion. Might be an overreaction to early pressure or just Easter Holidays, though.

VOTE: Glidder
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:12 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Madonna, please explain your Ghostwheel vote, because I do not understand it at all.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 135, Replace in wrote:
Spoiler: nested quotes
In post 126, Shadow Dancer wrote:Madonna's case against Raisus seems like a stretch to me. Not necessarily a willingly dishonest stretch, but there's definitely a whole lot of confirmation bias going on.

The ones trailing behind on that waggon are worse, though.
@MURDERCAPS
: Just one question: As you put it yourself, your case against Raisus basically boils down to "he is not consistent". Would you think about this for a moment: Why would you think of incosistency as being a scum tell?

It's Glidder, however, who takes the biscuit. To me he seems to be merely coasting along for a while now, and his "I don't really care"-attitude upon jumping on the Raisus waggon is just terrible.

Another thing that I find slightly alarming is Turtle's almost complete disappearance from the recent discussion. Might be an overreaction to early pressure or just Easter Holidays, though.

Feels like you're throwing a lot of shade here. You discredit Madonna's case, [...]

Not so much discredit as dismiss it for the most part, because I feel like there is more confirmation bias than anything of one sort or another going on here (if that discredits it for you, then I guess you have drawn similar conclusions as me?).

[...] you scumread and vote Glidder [...]

Yes, he is currently my best bet for scum.

[...] and you raise doubts about Turtle.
[...]
Are you scumreading Turtle?

I don't want to comment on my turtle read, because he is currently of rather minor interest to me, anyway (in the sense that I have no particular reason to suspect him). But I want him to become more active. He was very active at the beginning. There is absolutely no reason to hide for town, now that we are finally making some progress. Not even after a bad start. Especially after a bad start, actually.

Do you think inconsistency come from town more often than scum?

Pretty sure that was directed at MURDERCAPS, not Turtle...
Let's just say, being consistent is a whole lot easier for scum than for town. Trying to figure out the unknown and progressively doing so necessarily goes hand in hand with a whole lot of inconsistencies. That is not to say there are not certain inconsistencies that could give some one away as scum. But it should be clear that inconsistencies are not even remotely good scum tells
per se
(as most things aren't....).
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Sorry guys, I've been otherwise busy over the last couple of days. I will up my game over the weekend. Promise!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Just skimming, unfortunately the players of one of my modded newbie games toppled my schedule, so I won't have time to post much today. But I have the whole day tomorrow.

Just wanted to point out that Raisus' replacement request strongly reeks of frustrated town.
Raisus, please stay strong and stay. Try to engage in a honest manner with the people accusing you and try to make up your own mind. The strongest argument against lynching you is a strong case against some one else, after all.

Hi chilledtea, by the way. I guess this makes Turtle officially a flaked out frustrated townie. So I'll give that slot a fresh start.

Madonna keeps posting terrible things, and my willingness to give her any benefit of the doubt has pretty much hit rock bottom just from skimming through her latest posts and her answer to my question regarding her Ghostwheel vote. Expect my vote to most likely land there tomorrow (barring any glaring scum tells I may have overlooked during first read in any one else's posts).
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:33 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 213, Almost50 wrote:To me, D1 scum hunt is over, and I have a Glidder-Replace duo for the scum team. All I need now is a flip of either to confirm the other.

I don't really like that kind of attitude. It seems to rely too much on your being right.
What if either of them flipped town? Have you any backup plan for that case? Or would it give you valuable information as to who the real scum are?
While I would generally concede that your scum team may not be a far-off guess, I don't think it would be my first guess and the only plausible possibility.

In post 217, Almost50 wrote:Sum of of this session's catch up; the Raisus/Laser slot is still the strongest town read thus far. Glidder + Replace for a scum team sounds about right. The only way Raisus is scum is if Shadow has been tutoring him in the QT, but then Shadow himself is leaning town for me, so there.

You are aware that even if I (or any other experienced player, for that matter) were partners with Raisus, there would be no day talk available to tutor him.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:34 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 221, Replace in wrote:why frustrated town and not frustrated scum?

Let me hand that question right back to you: Why do you see this as frustrated scum?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:36 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 225, Almost50 wrote:If either flips town then D1 is OVER. D2 is another matter. That's what I'm saying. I didn't say the GAME is over for me. I said D1 scum hunt. I'm willing to lynch either of them and see how they flip + the flip of the night kill if any to take with me into D2.

That's too vague for me. The naive assumption that "information will just come in either way" is prone to failure.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Don't tiptoe around the issue with semantics. You think his replace out post could have come from frustrated scum at least equally likely as from frustrated town. Your opinion is the odd one out here, you have the explaining to do. I will explain my point of view once you have done that.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Just continue scum hunting... It's not as if the game was over already...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Ghostwheel
: I am having considerable trouble making sense of your
Spoiler: post 164
Huh, that's not a read I expected, what about me prodding Glidder to properly defend himself as opposed to just retaliating on you makes me scum with him? I'm just trying to make the most out of the wagon while it's up.

I tend not to like that line of questioning, because similar to me telling people who my most town reads are without any pressure on them, it's like telling scum where to point the nightkills. Of course anything anyone says on that subject can't be literally interpreted but it definitely helps scum a lot more than it hurts them. If you were to ask me something like that, I wouldn't answer. What's really odd is that you have this philosophy while you were the one to explain to Mafiaturtle why claiming is bad.

Madonna, you clearly don't like how I play but I don't really understand where your coming from on "cementing your stance is town". It's town to be more hard headed and stubborn about things when you're the one who's uninformed? All I see is that indicates agressiveness and a propensity to read based off of emotional reactions. Admittedly, that seems like something that scum would have more difficult time emulating unless they're experienced, but A) I don't put people past that kind of ability on here and B) I'm not going to play counter to my personality. I bring attention to points, I ask people questions, and I would argue that what I say does matter and tends to be far less empty than many of the votes in this game have been.

I'm glad I got an answer out of Glidder and it was pretty much the one I've been expecting. Reading over his ISO and context doesn't help much either, because honestly Glidder doesn't help much in general. A sheep vote on RTF? I can get behind that. Not following up on anything else while the discussion was going on? I can't. Going back to Madonna, do you really think that someone just tossing a vote out there is better than any amount of talking with or without voting? By contrast, the wagon on RagnorokX looked really good in my eyes because he made the observation and push needed to get us out of RVS and get bandwagons rolling.

Shadow Dancer has been in the corner of my mind for a while now, who I would have expected to have been more deft with handling the discussion of the town early on. He grumbles about the rules clarification for MafiaTurtle dominating the first page (which suggests he has an understanding of what good topics of conversation are), asks a few questions that have dead end answers, and then just kind of gives up, it looks like. He starts this wagon on Glidder, but doesn't really press it. It seems like he's just been coasting and waiting to see how people react, which is pretty hypocritical.

VOTE: Shadow Dancer

I'm not convinced on the Glidder Lynch yet, make a case as to why you've been more helpful than he has.

Mostly because I am not quite sure to whom it is addressed (I assume it's probably me at the beginning?).

Also, you are really reluctant to vote any one at all for a long time, then you just throw your vote on the newly initiated me-waggon, for what is basically a concern over my activity patterns.
On the other hand you make excuses for Glidder being far more unhelpful and inactive than I am. How come that inconsistency?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #24) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 238, Almost50 wrote:@Shadow:

"Continue" scum hunting? I - found - TWO - that - fit - the - bill - out - of - TWO - that - ARE - required. I now need to check my results against facts (mod confirmation). I was handed an exam sheet, and I supplied my answers. You don't ask a student to "continue to answer" when they've already handed out their paper. You wait fort the RESULT. If their answer is correct they'll pass. If it's not, they'll fail and start studying the subject all over again for the next exam.

To stay with your analogy: If I am done early with an exam and there is still time, I go through all the answers again to double check for mistakes. After all, once you've got it bad with a bad mark, you cannot correct that mistake any more.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #25) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Sorry, Ghostwheel, I am actually in the process of a complete re-readthrough right now. I am coming to my scumspects momentarily.

First of the "easy one", so to speak:
I am still suspicious of Glidder.
It seems he is finally emerging from the deep a bit in his latest posts, but I am still not sure where he is going and for now, but there's still not much to go by and he still seems to be laying relatively low.
I'll definitely leave a
FOS: Glidder
there, for now, however the one I've really become interested in is Madonna.

P.S. re your above post:
My Glidder vote (at that point not even a waggon) is actually meant as a serious vote on my back then leading suspect and has willingness to lynch behind it. It's always difficult to scratch together a hard case against an active Lurker, there's much gut involved, but I am certainly not willing to just let it slide, either.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #26) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

So let's get to the Madonna case:

I would encourage every one to go through Madonna's iso and especially her interaction with Raisus with the following two conflicting, mindsets in mind:
(1.) That Madonna is a Townie who likes to play aggressively and gets caught up in her tunnel-vision on a new player (Raisus) who reacted badly to pressure, driven by her own heavy confirmation-bias.
or
(2.) That Madonna is scum who was probing a new player as a predictably weak target, misconstruing everything he ever did in an attempt to get a mislynch.

For the longest time it could have been either of these, so where was the tipping point for me?
Post 155 had several alarms go off for me:
Spoiler: post 155
Shadow Dancer, : Thanks for the vague pickings at my arguments on a case. However, I see it is also used to push the next two players in your post, MURDERCAT and Mr. Glidder. I like how they responded to my trade with RaisusTheFlammie though. MURDERCAT gave his own verdict on RaisusTheFlamie's play, and while he did not vote, he gave enough reasons to justify voting without seeming forced. Mr. Glidder did the tried and true method of helping a wagon and helping tip a person to get more information out of them, and that is pro-town despite the sheep being a neutral move at this point in the game. It is not a naked sheep, and shows a willingness to take a stance.

Your ISO is lacking, and that disturbs. No RVS, a similar newb punishing move as RaisusTheFlammie (), and your RagnorokX vote sound suspiciously similar to Mr. Glidder's , something I would let pass, but apparently you can be hypocritcal on.

@Shadow Dancer, : Maybe my previous explanation was too short. How about this: all the words and explanations and stances in the world do not compare with actual voting. One can show typed agreement/disagreement with others' points all day, but until you start voting, one is not confirming those words one types. I am all for caution and measuring where you vote (as I have!), but a town player still needs to pass GO and show where he stands.

Plus, Ghostwheel is the lowest post contributor to the thread, below Mr. Glidder, whom I happen to have been supporting for his support (see above). Ghostwheel does have excellent content in his posts though, so this has been more of a prod than a decrial (read: use your vote, Ghostwheel; use your voooote).

- Her defence against my objection against her Raisus case seems overly offensive (add to that her eventual vote on me in post 159)
- Equating my Ragna vote and one of Raisus' random votes to Glidder's much later Raisus vote, in blatant disregard of the fact that circumstances are very different because the game has made a leap forward in between those, is just a blatant misrepresentation that I do not think Madonna (a player who has been very vocal about producing meaningful content) would have made out of pure inattention. (also note the potential scum link to Glidder here).
- Finally, her explanation of her Ghostwheel vote (which I asked her about) should be a warning sign to every one. Not only does she almost completely sidestep the issue (some general lecture about how important votes are does not reall explain anything specific whatsoever) but she also proceeds to diminish the importance of her vote by calling it a "prod" -- just after calling Ghostwheel's content "excelent" -- making the whole thing obtuse at best and outright contradictory at worst. This looks a lot like she got caught out on an uncautious move and is now wavering to justify it, which looks pretty hypocritical after how hard she pressed Raisus after has alleged "weak votes" (which, contrary to her Ghostwheel vote, were RVS votes!).
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

sorry, gotta go to lunch now. But I think I pointed out the major issue I have with Madonna right now.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #28) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Oh man, totally forgot to
VOTE: Madonna
amidst all the bussle...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #29) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

bustle, I mean...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #30) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 260, chilledtea wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 249, Shadow Dancer wrote:So let's get to the Madonna case:

I would encourage every one to go through Madonna's iso and especially her interaction with Raisus with the following two conflicting, mindsets in mind:
(1.) That Madonna is a Townie who likes to play aggressively and gets caught up in her tunnel-vision on a new player (Raisus) who reacted badly to pressure, driven by her own heavy confirmation-bias.
or
(2.) That Madonna is scum who was probing a new player as a predictably weak target, misconstruing everything he ever did in an attempt to get a mislynch.

For the longest time it could have been either of these, so where was the tipping point for me?
Post 155 had several alarms go off for me:
Spoiler: post 155
Shadow Dancer, : Thanks for the vague pickings at my arguments on a case. However, I see it is also used to push the next two players in your post, MURDERCAT and Mr. Glidder. I like how they responded to my trade with RaisusTheFlammie though. MURDERCAT gave his own verdict on RaisusTheFlamie's play, and while he did not vote, he gave enough reasons to justify voting without seeming forced. Mr. Glidder did the tried and true method of helping a wagon and helping tip a person to get more information out of them, and that is pro-town despite the sheep being a neutral move at this point in the game. It is not a naked sheep, and shows a willingness to take a stance.

Your ISO is lacking, and that disturbs. No RVS, a similar newb punishing move as RaisusTheFlammie (), and your RagnorokX vote sound suspiciously similar to Mr. Glidder's , something I would let pass, but apparently you can be hypocritcal on.

@Shadow Dancer, : Maybe my previous explanation was too short. How about this: all the words and explanations and stances in the world do not compare with actual voting. One can show typed agreement/disagreement with others' points all day, but until you start voting, one is not confirming those words one types. I am all for caution and measuring where you vote (as I have!), but a town player still needs to pass GO and show where he stands.

Plus, Ghostwheel is the lowest post contributor to the thread, below Mr. Glidder, whom I happen to have been supporting for his support (see above). Ghostwheel does have excellent content in his posts though, so this has been more of a prod than a decrial (read: use your vote, Ghostwheel; use your voooote).

- Her defence against my objection against her Raisus case seems overly offensive (add to that her eventual vote on me in post 159)
- Equating my Ragna vote and one of Raisus' random votes to Glidder's much later Raisus vote, in blatant disregard of the fact that circumstances are very different because the game has made a leap forward in between those, is just a blatant misrepresentation that I do not think Madonna (a player who has been very vocal about producing meaningful content) would have made out of pure inattention. (also note the potential scum link to Glidder here).
- Finally, her explanation of her Ghostwheel vote (which I asked her about) should be a warning sign to every one. Not only does she almost completely sidestep the issue (some general lecture about how important votes are does not reall explain anything specific whatsoever) but she also proceeds to diminish the importance of her vote by calling it a "prod" -- just after calling Ghostwheel's content "excelent" -- making the whole thing obtuse at best and outright contradictory at worst. This looks a lot like she got caught out on an uncautious move and is now wavering to justify it, which looks pretty hypocritical after how hard she pressed Raisus after has alleged "weak votes" (which, contrary to her Ghostwheel vote, were RVS votes!).

Contradiction is not a scum tell. Madonna has a weird obsession with votes.

Exactly. So why would she use hers merely to get Ghostwheel to cast his, as she wants to make us believe here? That's exactly the opposite of putting it to good use. It would be kind of excusable if Ghost was actually a lurker/uncomitted in general, but she explicitely denies that.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #31) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@mod:
could you please fix my tags in the previous post? It should be a spoilered nested quote.

Unfortunately it's not possible to nest spoilers by default in phpBB.
Last edited by shaddowez on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #32) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 278, Mr Glidder wrote:Okay well if me not doing things is the main problem then how about ask me direct questions 'n' stuff? I can't really do anything if all people want me to do is "more". I can't think that way.

You cannot be fucking serious? You expect every one else to spoon-feed you questions so you can provide some content? Have you even read the game? Do you think there is not enough stuff going on to comment on?

Also, trying to dismiss every one's allegations as purely based on your activity patterns is just cheeky. There are other people her who do not have a ton of posts. But their posts have content that shows they are trying to figure stuff out, and do so out of their own motivation.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #33) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:00 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@LaserVP
: Could you please get an Avatar picture? I find it much easier to associate people with their posts that way.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:15 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Well, my case against Madonna seems to not have gotten much traction yet. I don't really want to wall it up with a post-by-post analysis, but please follow my advice: read the interaction between her an Raisus again, how she just picks him as a target and runs with it, then takes his panic reaction as the waggon gets some traction as leverage to increase the pressure.

I'll look back into Glidder's A50 case later to see if has credibility, but apart from that I still do not see Glidder showing much initiative to figure anything out.

I agree with Laser's replace_in case. I also don't see his inquiries being more than a facade and going anywhere right now.

I'd rather not lynch outside the {Madonna, Glidder, replace} pool at the moment, for varying reasons.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Skimming, held up by modding duties, will give moredetailed opinions tomorrow.
I hope replace has pulled himself together by then, I'd like him to stop dodging interactions.
Glidder's read list seems OMGUSsy to me, if I recall right, every one on his "would lynch" list had expressed suspicion of him.
Also his read on replace ĺooks like fence sitting: he calls his predecessor scum and mentions "sour notes", but for some reason just dismisses that. Seems inconsequential for shady reasons to me.
Also, what happened to
In post 239, Mr Glidder wrote:Almost50 might be wrong but at this point I'm no longer 100% sure it's "wrong because of being scum". He could just be "wrong because he's wrong". That being said, the stubbornness is anti-town at best.
to bring back A50 to top scum read?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #36) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 403, MURDERCAT wrote:I still want Madonna and Shadow Dancer to choose between Glidder and Replace so that we can lynch Glidder if there is support.

I already said I would lynch either right now.
That being said, while my activity levels may be fluctuating in general, I have always made it a habit to be around near deadline to ensure the lynch is not forfeited. So don't worry my vote will just sit there and do nothing at deadline.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #37) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 308, MURDERCAT wrote:
@shadow
explain to me the scum motivation for getting off RTF and on to ghostwheel. This is the part where I'm not convinced. Why go from RTF wagon which still had life to ghostwheel (where there was clearly nothing happening), instead of almost or Glidder (assuming Madonna is scum, one of these two is town). Early on, RTF panicking was the only thing happening so I think the pushing was reasonable. The votes on to ghostwheel and you are consistent with how Madonna has voted all game. I think Madonna hasn't voted seriously (i.e. with intent to lynch) yet.

As to why Madonna gave up on the Raisus waggon: Simple, it may not have been completely dead, but it certainly was not moving any more either. Assuming I am right and the Raisus slot is town, having an early waggon on a newbie town slot that ends in an unfortunate lynch is one thing, being caught out continuously pushing that slot through day one is something completely different, which Madonna seems competent enough to not risk.
And this is just one possible explanation for it which is perfectly consistent with scum play. Nonetheless, I may even have totally missed the point there and the reason was actually something completely different. But do I really need to be able to explain every single thing some one has done so far, without any room for uncertainty to reasonably consider some one scum or to convince you they might be scum?
I think you (and every body else) is missing the bigger picture here. You can hack away at the minor points all you want, but please do not just ignore the fact that
everything
Madonna has done in this game so far is completely compatible with scum play. If you disagree, can you point me to a counter-example.
And doesn't it alarm you that Madonna's only defence against my allegation seems to be calling my vote OMGUS instead of actually trying to explain where I am going wrong?

Also, because you keep on harping on it: can you actually explain to me in your own words what Madonna's vote policy is? Because to me it seems to be just the normal "let your votes count, Don't just idle them, use them for scum hunting" thing, and I cannot see why she would try to inforce that kind of policy by putting a weak vote herself.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #38) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Glidder
: Okay, let's give you some more benefit of the doubt and assume you are really clueless (how did you earn your SE status, by the way?!)

In post 310, Mr Glidder wrote:Well I must have read the game at some point in order to answer the questions. The problem is in initiating conversation with others; I don't have a clue how people are supposed to do it. Like, how do I know what I don't know in order to ask questions about it?

This seems seriously confused. If you already know something, you don't need to ask about it. If you don't, you should.
Just do what others have been doing all the time: Ask people about things where their motivation seemed unclear or outright scummy to you. Call out all the bullshit you can find, and if you have trouble reading some one as either alignment, try to figure their general playstyle out first, which will probably give you an idea what you should look out for if they are scum.

Also, I'm not sure how I tried to dismiss anything other than the label of "active lurker", which implies "visits the site and reads the game without posting".

Lurker: Some one who merely posts to prod-dodge (i.e. pretty much your description).
Active Lurker: Some one who posts regularly, but does not provide real content like in-depth reads, questions, explanations etc.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #39) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Some small points I wanted to bring into the discussion about whether or not we should stop discussing early and just go through with the lynch:
  • as long as all discussion is not actually going completely in circles, there is room for developement and refined reads.
  • even if ongoing discussion does not provide you with any new insights
    right now
    , it's always a good point of reference to have later on for re-analysis.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #40) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:10 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 428, chilledtea wrote:Deadline is in 2 days, we had enough discussion.

Just give intent to hammer so that replace is forced to speak on L-1. Glidder at least responded to L-1.

The quality of discussion really suffers when it is done just for the sake of it. I think discussion will happen if we attempt to lynch.

The problem is that the replace slot may actually be vacant at the moment, which is bad on a designated lynchee.
Apart from that
is probably at least going somewhere right now.

In post 431, Mr Glidder wrote:Maybe (part of) the problem here is that I consider analysing playstyle/meta/etc a waste of my time. I'm just here as a break/distraction from
more important things
Such as?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #41) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 359, Replace in wrote:Explain to me why my reasoning is odd. Frustration could come from either alignment, from my pov. I think you're giving RTF a little too much credit here.
I really dislike you dancing around my question because to me, it looks like you can't answer.

You aren't willing to explain your stance any more than I am to explain mine. It's silly to make this a game of chicken. Why don't
you
just answer. I already said I would explain after I have heard your answer. You can call me out on that after the fact, if you want. Look at Raisus replacement request and tell me how that is not the reaction of some one who is genuinely frustrated for getting pressure that he does not deserve? Sure scum could fake that, but that still leavers Raisus genuinely overwhelmed and frustrated and probably not nearly interested enough in the game any more to fake a giant AtE bomb. I would not expect most players to pull that kind of thing off, much less so a newbie in his first game.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 408, Almost50 wrote:Also a note: If he claims a PR and you know better (i.e. your role tells you he can't be that), do NOT counter claim. For all that is holly and sacred in your world, do NOT counter claim. That gambit is becoming obsolete yet people still fall for it.

I completely agree with what Almost said. A scum having to fake claim on D1 is already a scum doomed to die (sooner or later). No need to out a power role over that. Better to get at least one valid night action in before CCing (and even then it may be better for most roles not claim outright, with the exception of ac op or tracker who got both a guilty and a counter-claim to simply end the game right there).

I still don't like the replace slot. There's actually far less content there than it seems on first sight, most of it is generously padded with quote walls; and his main scum read for the most part seems to be Almost, which to me seems entirely based on attacking his playstyle and pretending it was alignment-indicative, all the while ignoring all the things Almost has done nonetheless to give reads and move this game forwards. And I see the same thing wit his Laser read too, so there is definitely a sort of pattern.

I find it also interesting that Madonna is (and has been for a while) doing a very similar thing with Almost. I also agree with Ghost that Madonna's current play seems purely reactionary/opportunistic/path-of-least-resistance-ish, whatever you prefer.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #43) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 441, Almost50 wrote:
In post 435, Replace in wrote:Laser-Shadow and if I'm wrong on one of them, A50

Let me make you an offer here: If NONE of these 3 is scum, you will just sheep me the next time we meet. If you're spot on,
I
will sheep you in the next game. I already have the advantage of knowing my own alignment, so I think it's a fair offer to have a "both or none" kind of offer, with just one of them considered a tie.

Do we have a deal?

Frankly, Almost, for making terrible offers like this you actually deserve all the crap you get from others.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #44) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 438, Replace in wrote:VOTE: Shadow Dancer

This can die first.

I have given my reasons why I think it could be either, which you might have spotted if you were reading. It's obvious you failed to see any of my posts from yesterday.

This isn't a game of chicken. You give a townread, I ask for reasons. You don't have any, so you keep dodging. Especially as the IC, refusing to answer me, is terrible. You're supposed to be doing the teaching here, but you won't even bother to answer a simple question.

Wow, this is just terrible. Do I need to remind you that you as an SE and should just as much act as an example for the newbies too? Same on the answer question thing. I just did, but you only ever gave me a long string of "no you" posts. Hypocrisy everywhere.
But this is exactly what I have been seeing you do all the time, insinuating and avoiding honest, open interactions with other players.
And now I would like to answer you to MURDER's last question, because, as I had already pointed out to you earlier as well, your one-sided attack on me of the people reading Raisus replacement request as a clear town tell seems just really one-sided and forced.
And one more thing: You calling me out for not having read your latest posts: Purely indicative of the fact that I had several pages of detailed read-through to catch up on and simply hadn't reached those posts yet. You could have asked that and would have gotten the explanation; but then again, you do not seem to be interested in actually honestly interacting and figuring stuff out, just grasping at every convenient straw to cast a damning light on some one.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #45) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I guess Replace should just claim now, I don't buy into his giant "I won't claim" AtE crab. That's anti-town at best. In other words, this is now definitely an intend to hammer, I think I have seen enough.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

You may be both right. I need to reread Ghost's iso to see if I can find some better clues.
At least I don't need to be paranoid about ghost any more (he was just that kind of player for me), so thanks for that scum, I guess ;P
I don't really see this changing my reads on Madonna or Glidder in any substantial matter at the moment. Apart from that, I feel like I should probably reread the remaining replacement slots to try and get a more coherent read on those.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Chilled: Can you explain your scum reads a bit more (a bit at all would be a good start)?

@Murder: Why do you consider yourself a bad pairing with Glidder? Actually, why are you even bringing this up, as you surely know your own alignment at the very least?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #48) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:48 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Almost's night kill theory in #498, while certainly plausible, is nothing I would bet on right now. I feel like Ghost was just pro-town enough that
and one
could have killed him just for that. The WIFOM part about the crumbed roles however seems pretty spot on. I am jut not sure I like this being discussed so explicitely again.

@MURDERCAPS
: just going through your points from #500
- What feels forced about my Madonna case? Please point out where my assessment of her play, notably her behaviour on the Raisus waggon, is so off that you just dismiss it as implausible.
- Are you seriously accusing me of being scum partners with Glidder? If that were the case, I would have just bussed that dead-weight to oblivion. You even utter doubt about that yourself in the same post, so if you are actually trying to make a point here I am totally missing what it is.
- You are seriously accusing me of not trying to engage with replay, when it was he who was dodging and dragging out any open interaction indefinately. In fact, his lack of real engagement, as opposed to probing for reactions and throwing far-fetched accusations around, was exactly one of
my
points against him.
- Likewise I never "stayed off the replace waggon", except maybe for three trivial reasons, which had nothing to do with replace: I did not want to cut discussion unnecessarily short on day1, I only had one vote at a time to put down, but three suspect, and replace was not to p of the list, and I actually wanted to try and give him a chance to explain his behaviour, which he never did in a satisfactory manner, though. However, I always said I would be willing lynch replace and I did so long before it was clear that would actually happen. So you really should overthink your notion of what "being off a waggon" means.
- replace was OMGUS-voting me and Ghost was mostly calling me "hard to read" which is probably fair, considering my usual held-back D1 playstyle. On those grounds I, as scum, would have reasons to kill at least half of this town, I think, which makes your reasoning pretty arbitrary: It works pretty much no matter who was NKed (except maybe Almost).
- you don't like my "thanks scum" post. I don't really see what my scum motivation for making that post would be, so maybe you can explain that, but fair enough, I should probably explain that stance. It's simply that although Ghost had generally given me the same pro-town impression that most of you seem to have gotten too, he had the kind of voice-of-reason-playstyle that has historical always been the kind of scum-playstyle that has been most likely to fool me in the past (mostly due to sympathy borne from similarity in thinking) and he was almost literally picking up some of my stances in some of his posts (like his entry post, #164 and his repeated echoing of my MURDERCAPS pun, among some others), which made me very wary of buddying from his side. So his death got all the paranoia out of the way and I can now focus on other players that I feel I can easier get a correct read and a solid case on.

I'd also like bot chilled and MURDERCAPS to explain their respective town reads on Madonna to me. They keep on mentioning it, but as far as I can remember there was never much reason put behind it to back it up, and now MURDERCAPS is even not only completely ignoring my whole case, but in fact actively dismissing it as "far-fetched" and trying to use it against me.

@Laser
: How is chilled being alive sketchy, if there is a real possibility of a JK, doc or BP being in the game? I don't like your openly discussing whether other players (me and madonna) are PRs.
Almost 50 has a good point there: Feel free to PR hunt, but don't announce your conclusions for every one, including mafia, to see. In your posting, concentrate on asking questions, discussing hypotheses about who is scum and making solid cases against your suspects.

Hmm. Chilled is suddenly considering Madonna as scum? What changed? You were town-reading her before. how does her push on laser suddenly suffice to turn that upside-down?

I don't like Madonna's replacing out :( Not "she is scum"-dislike, just dislike. She is basically still my reading scum read, there's really nothing changed in that. And I wanted to vote that slot. I also feel like she has never really responded to most of my points against her. I don't like that kind of discontinuity in a slot :(

chilledtea
: I would have to actually too back to remember the exact timing of the events, but from what I remember there are two things, one specific reason and one rather unspecific one:
The specific reason is that my read on Madonna had hit critical scum mass at that point, so to speak.
The more non-specific one is that all the time Glidder has been, and still is, one of those middle-of the road scum-reads for me. Basically an active Lurker who has just utterly failed to drop any convincing town tells, but whose lynch would bring little information overall due to lack of interactions and whose quick lynch is not worth cutting day 1 short for, especially not while there were other options to explore.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #49) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:30 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Why would you have to do that?!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (isolation #50) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:08 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Laser, seriously? What the?!
You find voting for chilled risky because he could be a PR (implying that you do not want to expose him) yet you have no problem openly exposing him as a PR read of yours (although that is not even really much of a feat, considering the first thing Turtle has done while entering this game was such a broad hint). Tell, me: Where is the difference.
"I cannot distinguish between PR and mafia and this is my usual modus operandi, because Epic Mafia" also don't hold much water. I am pretty sure even on EM you want to distinguish between PR and mafia, and you would probably also not
not
vote your scum suspects because they
could
be PR. In fact, the way you present your reads, you would
never
vote any one, because they could be PR and you could not distinguish them from mafia.
I am starting to wonder why you need such a flimsy excuse just to not call chilled your suspect (given that according to you Madonna/Toffee and I could not be both mafia, so you are at least one suspect short, right?)
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #51) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:41 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Toffee
: That inconsistencies, in general, are more likely to come from town, does not mean I should not ask people about specific inconsistencies. I also said that inconsistencies, like almost everything else, are not "scum tells"
per se
, but that certain inconsistencies can very well give away scum.
Another thing I said was that it is as important to read a player to figure out their general personality or playstyle as it is to read them as to whether they are town are scum, because you can only do the latter based on the former. Analysing some ones inconsistencies is particularly useful to understand their general thinking patterns, which can later on help you identify potential actions which are inconsistent with those patterns and therefore can be considered actual scum tells.

Same question that went to replace goes to you, by the way: Explain to me how Raisus' replacement post is coming from scum! Your general "a player's getting frustrated under pressure is indicative of that player being scum" stance is not only dead wrong but also way to unspecific. We are talking about a concrete event here, so I want a concrete analysis. I did not let replace get away with dodging the issue and I certainly will no let you either.

Another question to you: Why do you consider it suspicious of players actually put time and thought into developing their reads instead of pretending to have strong reads when they could not possibly have them because the game has barely taken off?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #52) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Trying to read the thread, but I am way too tired right now, was up too late yesterday. I am going to bed now. I'll post tomorrow
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (isolation #53) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 555, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
It does mean that it is strange for you to push on inconsistencies when it suits you though. Tell me, what was the scum motivation for GW to push you and not somebody else? I cut out a large part of your first paragraph because it was jargon to make you look like you were doing stuff.

Yes, just cut the part where I explain why I go after inconsistencies and ask questions, even when not outright calling some one scum, because that's just me pretending to do stuff. This seems to be a recurring theme with you: Accusing some one of "just pretending" when they are surely putting in the effort to actually try and figure out this game.

I didn't say it was coming from scum; nice misrep (same thing you did to RI, right?) I questioned you on why you thought it was a town replace out. It could be a town replace out, it could be a scum replace out - as far as I'm concerned, it's completely null. Now, why was it town?

Okay, I did the work for you, here's Raisus replacement request:
In post 202, RaisusTheFlammie wrote:
In post 198, MURDERCAT wrote:Welcome chilled, I've read a few of your games, excited to play with you. Raisus reads are so off IMO. UNVOTE: . Actual content/analysis coming tonight, but I feel a lot more confident about almost and raisus being scummy now.
Well, why don't you tell me where i'm so off? You know what. tell it to my predecesor. I've had it with this forum. I'm no longer having fun.
@Mod - Please replace me
Scum would not ask where they are "so off", because scum being called scum would not have the mindset of having done something wrong, but just not good enough. Likewise the "not having fun and quitting forum" part. This level of frustration, not only at this game but also at the site and our ways of playing mafia as whole, can only come from town, or from some one with string narcissistic personality tendencies. Raisus did not strike me as the latter, so this leaves only the possibility that he was town or faking it, and I don't see him as experienced enough to fake such an emotional reaction either.

And now finally you explain me why you think it is "completely null"?

What makes you think I'm suspicious of people putting time into reads-lists?

You attack quite a few of them (Almost, Raisus) for "not having strong enough reads" — on around page 5 or so!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (isolation #54) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 618, LaserVP wrote:Shadow and chilled both seemed pretty annoyed at me. First thing I will say is that if you stop mentioning the pr thing, I will stop talking about it. Talking about it makes it worse, especially if it makes me you feel uncomfortable. It makes me uncomfortable to not talk about it.
Hey,
you
started it.

Anyways, I'm not going to ask Toffee any questions until he finishes his full analysis. However, I will comment about his "reaction test", because that's his analysis of a present moment rather than a past (and I did see it, I was confused)
Since I was too lazy to read all the rules, I now know that I can curse. That's a sigh of relief. It was hard to hold in.
Also, I don't see what the fuss about it is. Sure, no one is going to mention it, but it's not really scum worthy.
Making accusations based on flimsy, fabricated grounds does not seem scummy to you?!

Other stuff, I feel as if Shadow is under the radar. I want him to talk a bit more, because if Toffee continues like this...I'm going to cast my vote to lynch Shadow. Nothing screams scum from him (It does whisper scum however), but it's more POE than anything else
I am
not
"under the radar", by the way, I just had one of my modded newbie games to wrap up. On the bright side, that means I'll have more time for this game from now on.

I don't at all like how the only things Laser seems to provide at the moment are role fishing and what is essentially a prod vote on me.

I am starting to have some really bad feelings about Laser, even when ignoring the things which are just blatantly anti-town with no obvious scum motivation.
I had one of my strongest town reads on Raisus, though, so I feel really split-brained on this slot and would rather not lynch it yet.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (isolation #55) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Toffee's insinuation that people not read his posts is just mind-bogglingly ridiculous. It's just one more of many more instances were he seems to deliberately try to give things just that tiny little twist, throw them around and see what sticks...

His "reaction test" (or whatever he would agree to have it called) seems like exactly the wrong kind of reaction test: The one were he expects people to question some non-content and then arbitrarily insinuates some allegedly scummy behaviour of whoever does just ignore it.

Glidder actually gets his first definitive town points for pointing this out before any one else. Still, from my point of view he survived D1 merely on benefit of doubt alone, and the rather bad excuse that he knew not how to play on D1. I think I see some slight upwards trends in his posts by now, but I'd still like to see more in-depth discussion from him.

Another thing that has been pointed out already, but which I strongly noticed (but for obvious did not want to bring up before Toffee had finished his readthrough) is this: He seems to be almost a Madonna clone, albeit a somewhat more verbose version. But his reads are not only similar, they seem completely identical to madonna's. I hardly ever see two townies agree to such a degree, and what I have never seen is the reads of a player slot staying absolutely immobile over the very replacement of the player in that slot. Speaking of consistency as a scum tell: This one's the version with alarm horns on!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (isolation #56) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 618, LaserVP wrote:Woah, a lot happened today.

Shadow and chilled both seemed pretty annoyed at me. First thing I will say is that if you stop mentioning the pr thing, I will stop talking about it. Talking about it makes it worse, especially if it makes me you feel uncomfortable. It makes me uncomfortable to not talk about it.

Anyways, I'm not going to ask Toffee any questions until he finishes his full analysis. However, I will comment about his "reaction test", because that's his analysis of a present moment rather than a past (and I did see it, I was confused)
Since I was too lazy to read all the rules, I now know that I can curse. That's a sigh of relief. It was hard to hold in.
Also, I don't see what the fuss about it is. Sure, no one is going to mention it, but it's not really scum worthy.

Other stuff, I feel as if Shadow is under the radar. I want him to talk a bit more, because if Toffee continues like this...I'm going to cast my vote to lynch Shadow. Nothing screams scum from him (It does whisper scum however), but it's more POE than anything else
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (isolation #57) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Sorry, that last post was a missclick...

@MURDERCAPS
: Can you explain your "crumbs" in post 630 a bit better? I don't really see how they prove your read on me was fabricated.

@Toffee
:
I
am "misrepping"
you
!? I cannot wait to hear more about that. You better make it good, I expect no less than some epic twists coming my way! Good luck with that!

VOTE: Toffee
by the way.

Right now I cannot really see myself lynching anywhere else today.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #58) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:51 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Toffee
::
So your argument why this specific replacement request of this specific player in this specific game is null is yet another variation of the general, vague "scum replace out too" stance. That's what I thought. Oh, and that you would try to pick apart my reasoning, once I actually delivered it. You did not even manage that, I am almost disappointed after your promise to expose all my alleged misrepresentations.

I agree in one point though: If it's only a reaction test if it is meant to help your reads, then, yes, I believe you: Yours was really not a reaction test. It was just a little scum trap you set up to then call people scum based on ignoring it. Only you did not explicitly call them scum, that's true. And now I am of course expected to believe that you were not framing people for skimming (a behaviour for which there is hardly any town justification) to undermine their credibility and set them up for a later push, is that right so far? One little problem with that: You now use not scum-hunting as an excuse for bad scum hunting, and all that while it is obvious that your allegations were not in the least true to begin with, every one clearly examining every single one of your posts very carefully. And they look rather incriminating, I ought so say.

Same weird full-circle argumentation about the read list issue.
Apart from the simple fact that read lists are simply null and just something a lot of people like to use to structure and present their thoughts, your only points against the actual reads are "they are too weak" (again, it was on around page 5) and that you disagree with their town reads on each other, which is pretty meh for a reason as well. And whereas especially Almost50 clearly shows a development of reads after that point, your read on him does not seem to change at all.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #59) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@MURDERCAT:
As far as I am concerned, I think I have heard enough. Two strong scum reads on independently on two players in the same slot is really more than I could ever ask for. It's pretty much about waiting out the standard proceedings at this point. Have some one announce intend to hammer, have Toffee claim. He will probably claim scum ;P. We'll probably know for sure soon.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (isolation #60) » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Oh man, this game. You guys cannot be bloody serious!
I won't claim yet. Not before I have made some other points at least. It's not as if we were short on time, so you'll have to excuse if I don't make myself a willing collaborator in advancing my role outing/mislynch.

I guess it's time I look closer into chilledtea, because that latest push of his on me, especially the convenient timing, really reeks of chainsaw. There's definitely another scum on my waggon and if is not glidder it ought to be chilled. It's not a coincidence they try to get rid of me the very moment my arguments against the madonna/Toffee slot were finally heard.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (isolation #61) » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:37 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Intend to hammer makes you very much
on my waggon
. And yes, the intend to hammer means that you very much want my claim and my lynch, so this is some obvious reasons to worry because it can turn very bad very fast. Not that the other votes would not bother me, but Toffee I am already all over and Glidder is not much of a surprise either (I'll evaluate his slot too). Laser is just wrong and has parked his vote on me for while now, but he inherited his slot from Raisus whom I actually had a strong town read on, which I am still willing to put some trust in.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (isolation #62) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Chilled
: Okay, so in summary you pretty much flipflop back and forth on reading me. You occasionally mention me as scum, which seems to be not in small part due to your disagreeing with me over my case on Madonna.
Then Toffee replaces in. He makes his reaction test. Or let's call it his slyzzle, because it sounds kind of funny and because his only defence for how bad of a slyzzle it was is that he is making the discussion about semantics, i.e. how it was most definitely not a reaction test, by some specific definition of the word reaction test that he arbitrarily liked to chose at that moment. So let's concede that point to him and agree that for all we care it was not a reaction test but a slyzzle, and that a slyzzle be defined as what Toffee was doing (okay, I am getting side-tracked here, but I got to wonder nonetheless how flimsy dodging maneuvres like this seem to be just ignored by most of the players in this game).
Anyway, your own summary of the Madonna/Toffee slot at that moment reads like this:
In post 621, chilledtea wrote:BBT's post felt genuine but his reaction test didn't.
Madonna felt genuine but her reads didn't. Ughhgh
Can you explain this: How can you read Madonna as genuine if her reads (the very thing that should be defining your read on her!) do not feel genuine to you?
And how do you then make nothing of the ingenuinity of Toffee's ... slyzzle ? And what makes his posts genuine in your opinion? I pointed out how he is misrepresenting people or setting their actions out of context on multiple occasions to make them appear scummy. Tell me where you think I am wrong, please.
You also said this (damn, it took me so long to refind that post in your ISO :\):
In post 496, chilledtea wrote:Murdercat has shown some scum signs this game, but he has also shown some town signs.
I always believe in looking out for scum signs because town signs can and will be faked by scum
- murdercat did some weird stuff during rvs and a bit after rvs.
So why would you exempt both Madonna and Toffee from this maxim?

Some more wavering in #530. Then in #5411 you seem to have finally made up your mind that lynching Madonna/Toffee would be a good idea. Then comes the whole... slyzzle... issue (see above, yeah, I screwed up chronology a bit, but I don't want to completely rewrite this post) .
Then in #658 you explicitely call me town and state that you have no problem lynching BBT (this is the strongest an most definite stance you had made in the matter up to this point).
But then when his lynch is actually a possible thing and suddenly there is this counter waggon on me (with Toffee himself and Glidder being the driving forces, where are your suspicions of them all of a sudden?)

then you suddenly bring up MURDERCAT as a possibility. I definitely want to hear what you have to say about him, just to see if you are not just throwing names around as a distraction (if you were serious about your stance that you do not want to dive deeper into it right now to not distract from "more important issues" [which issues could be more important than to discuss your scum suspects?] then why bring it up at all?).

Then you suddenly seem to have forgotten all about your latest town read on me (why?) and basically buddy up with Toffee (again, why have you just dropped all your suspicion against him?) to get the waggon on me going. This simply does not follow at all from how your reads have been developing up to this point, and I cannot see how anything Toffee has said and done at this point could have possibly convinced you he is town (but I will address Toffee in a separate post to not go off tracks again). Why reverse your reads? Or why do you never even consider that Madonna/Toffee vs. me might be a town vs town fight (which would be an option that would seem to make sense from your point of view)?

You also haven't made a single convincing point as to why you think I am scum, except for "there's Shadow vs. Toffee and I'd rather pick Shadow" which is no reasoning at all and actually a pretty fallacious reason for anything.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #63) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Yeah, great, browser crashed and swallowed my post about Toffee. :(

Let's try again:

Toffee was very strong on the point of my alleged misrepresentation of his views. I already refuted his poinst in http://forum.mafiascum.net/posting.php? ... 42009]#676. So here's his answer to that:

In post 680, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Yeah, the replace out is null. Quite frankly, if you can't argue back to why I think scum would replace out like that then you're forced to accept my position. Therefore, the replace out is null.
Okay, let's drop this then. I made my point. It's you who has put so much importance into this and not brought anything insightful to the table.

I have quite clearly shown where you misrepped me. I even wrote the words 'here is where you misrepped me'.
Calling a camel a horse does not make it one. To be fair, though, if you ride it and keep on calling it a horse, some one will eventual believe you. Seems to have worked wonders for Chilled already.

I don't know how I can make it any more clear than that. Right, so I'm glad we're in agreement that a) it was not a reaction test
Yes, we have been through this. Let's just agree to call it a slyzzle then, thereby avoiding your side-stepping the issue into a semantics debate.
I also already see you sidestepping the issue again by calling me out on fluffing it up by actually getting down to your level and argue the semantics and call it a slyzzle. So let me hereby preemt that as well and get to the actual point: Your actual motives for doing the slyzzle.

and b) I did not call anyone scum for not reading my posts (even though you tried to misrep me and claim that I did). I have no idea what your last two sentences are supposed to say.
So you honestly want to claim that you were implying a town mindest when you were accusing people of not reading your posts?! Besides that, you have yet to present any evidence for their not reading your posts, and no, not the slyzzle itself.

So because you can't refute my argument it becomes a circular argument? Yeah, go figure. Again, it's not about the content of the posts. You are really reaching hard here to misrep me and it's pretty disgusting.[/quote]You want to argue content, good, let's talk content:
Why has your read on Almost not been developing when his reads developed?

Side note: I do not really like CAT's vote idling on Glidder while a one on one situation between on of his stated town reads (I) and one of his stated scum reads (Toffee) is going on. Why take your vote out of the equation at a crucial moment?

Now instead of actuall adressing any one's concerns (did not work out so well thus far, I guess) Toffee suddenly seems to have decided to play the dumb card instead:
In post 699, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Can someone explain the case against me?
So who is not reading post now, all of a sudden?

Next is this little bit of misrepresentation:
In post 703, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It's funny because I feel like a large part of the reason people are scum reading me is because I'm a likely scum buddy for Glidder. Which is bad.
Again, just pretending no one had actual issues with him, whereas in reality it is more like that people are more suspicious of Glidder due to his association with Madonna/Toffee.

Toffee even lampshades this in his next post:
In post 705, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I think it would be stupendously obvious to play like that as scum buddies.

I also think that scum reading me based on pre-flip associatives is not good scum hunting. Add in to the fact that I have already stated I need to reevaluate my read on Glidder and I just don't get the scum reads on me at all.

You didn't answer why you wouldn't go near Shadow either.
His sudden distancing to Glidder is noted though (either way, it's all WIFOM, to begin with).

Next posts have Toffee try to buddy up to CAT. Not damning in itself, but in the context of his other actions it looks bad.
Likewise he is back to buddying Glidder, basically anything just to get a counter waggon going.

It is ironic how Toffee accuses
me
of misrepresenting [/i] him.
I can bring up more examples for the exact opposite, if you really need to. But I urge you, please safe me the time and effort and just read his ISO yourselves. His catch-up posts are full of little insinuations with really bad backing.
Just one example:
In post 659, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:The only note I made on Shadow was I disliked his discrediting of the SE (426). SEs are not obliged to do anything, and just because they're an SE, that also doesn't mean they're supposed to be better players than Newbies. To become an SE, all you have to do is play two Newbie games and one Newbie game outside of the Road to Rome. So you attempting to discredit a player because they're an SE, as the IC in a game, is absolutely appalling. What does being an SE have to do with alignment?

So my reasonable doubt about Glidder's explanation for not doing anything on day 1 is suddenly "discrediting of the SE". If SE qualification does indeed as little as he gives it credit for, there is no discrediting in the first place. And it completely side steps the issue that SE players can be expected to have at least some solid idea of what they ought to do and how to be be a good example for newbies (which is why there are an IC and SEs in newbie games in the first place).
While you can become an SE, or even an IC, by just lurking and getting yourself lynched through enough games without ever picking up the slightest idea of how to play mafia, it is not reasonable to assume this to be the standard, and surely Toffee knows this, which makes his representation of my point an outright distortion of the actual facts and context of the matter.

Sorry, first version was much more articulate and better structures, but right now my bran is spinning from all the iso reading and the frustration of having to type it all up again and I cannot really think straight any more, so I hope my message comes not all all too garbled at least.

I'll post again tonight when my thoughts have hopefully settled a bit...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (isolation #64) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

If my points don't convince you, please read MURDERCAPS' latest post. It really sums up nicely a lot of the suspicious things Toffee has done during his catch-up.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #65) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:37 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 745, chilledtea wrote:I felt there was more misrepping from your side than BBT's to be frank. BBT's catchup was genuine. Madonna's reads felt weird because she tunnelled almost whom I town read.
What do you actually mean when you say his catchup was "genuine"?

I will tell you what made me suspicious of Madonna - it was the fact that she felt suspicious of laser/raisus never changed her reads on them. Along with almost, and both of whom I was townreading.

So why do you dismiss this suspicion then?

The replacement does not have the same reads. BBT actually considered his stance on almost and seems way more genuine at this point.
Yes, after being called out for his forced reads, he is trying to mix it up. How surprising.

He is driving your lynch for eg. Shadow, you haven't driven a single lynch this game and now you are attempting to throw shade on me when I am trying my best to see to it that a mislynch doesn't occur. I cannot have static reads, it is completely anti-town from my perspective to have static and tunnel-vision reads (stubborness).
So if I push my strongest scum read, that's tunnel-vision, if I don't I am still suspect, either way I lose? I also seem to remember having a hand in the replace lynch, by the way, so that point is not even correct. And I do not expect you to have static reads, but I expect you to explain the ones you currently hold.

Now I will come to address the most important part of your query :
Shadow wrote :

In post 496, chilledtea wrote:
Murdercat has shown some scum signs this game, but he has also shown some town signs. I always believe in looking out for scum signs because town signs can and will be faked by scum - murdercat did some weird stuff during rvs and a bit after rvs.
So why would you exempt both Madonna and Toffee from this maxim?
Madonna's and BBT's scum signs aren't as severe as MC's scum signs are. MC has blatantly attempted to sheep and appease and I make a note of this on day 1 itself, but in complete secrecy - I say that there are some things about MC and Glidder I would like to say on day 2. I was suspicious of MC always. His townie things are stuff like inquiring about lurkers and things like that which scum can and will do.
And my scum signs, because they ought to be pretty strong then, if you still prefer lynching me over Toffee and MURDERCAT? And no matter how severe, why do you just discount scum signs if they come from the Madonna/Toffee slot?
I must also say that your MURDERCAPS case seems weak, at best. He has done a lot more than you seem to give him credit for. This really does not convince me at all that MURDER is a likely scum candidate or that you could honestly think so.

The townie thing that BBT is doing is basically have reads in the game and drive a lynch.
So what about my doing the same thing first? Or the fact that the lynch he is currently driving looks very OMGUSy and opportunistic (he could have pursued the Almost lynch instead, whom he called his strongest scum read before).

He is way more active than you are and seemed legitimately desperate regarding his slot.
You are not seriously going to hold my activity patterns against me, are you? And of course he is desperate, he is likely to get lynched. Ask yourself, though: Is his desperation scummy desperation or town desperation?!

He has actual reads - you don't seem to.
Er? What? Not even sure where you get this from. Are my reads not "actual" enough? What makes his reads "actualer" than mine? Silly questions, I know, but I honestly don't get your point. I quite clearly have reads.

You are ok with glidder lynch - WHY? You ask the reason for why you are being lynched but don't give reasons for glidder lynch.

I gave reasons. Add strong association with the Madonna/Toffee slot (plus suspiciously timed distancing) to the list, if you want. But I want to lynch Toffee first, for exactly that reason.

Even now, apart from that god awful reaction test I have nothing on which to lynch BBT
And I asked you why you just dismiss this. Shouldn't you at least be questioning Toffee about it then?

but I have always been suspicious of you since the start of day 2 - who do you think I would go for?
Except when you called me town. Except for when you actually contemplated the Toffee lynch. So what changed?

The only way my flip flopping would be bad is if both you and BBT are town - which I can't see. I have always independently scum read you - even without involving MC or glidder in this.

Again, you have also called me town on some occasions. Likewise, you have actually agreed to MURDER's (if I remember correctly) case against Toffee. Yet you seem to have forgotten all that the very moment Toffee wants you to decide between me and him.

I want you to claim, and I have a feeling you will claim VT at this point. Let us see if that is correct.

I still don't see the need to. Is this about your wanting to force out a claim or do you actually have a case against me? Because so far you have been incredibly vague about that.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (isolation #66) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 755, chilledtea wrote:Not convinced. I might try to put forward why I am not convinced in more than one post.

1)The case about BBT and (SE) : This is regarding the point that BBT must have scum intent to say you are discrediting SE's. I agree that he is wrong about you discrediting SE's but he doesn't consider SE's to mean much because their experience level is basically three games which isn't much. And he is correct imo. I don't think there is any scum intent in there.
The scum intend is that he is displaying something, that is definitely reasonable, out of context and calls it suspicious (to fish for town reactions and further a mislynch, when something actually sticks). And this is just one example from a pattern I have realized with Toffee. It's the same when he calls out Almost and Raisus for harmless readlists and just calls them scum and sticks to those reads without ever really developing them. Or when he is trying to use Almost's crumbing againstz them, again for the spurious and way to general reason that "scum could do that too". Or when he uses hindsight logic to accuse people who were voting for Replace. Or when he is trying to twist my own stances about inconsistencies against me without even going into the actual issues with that. Or when his only defence of his ... slyzzle... is the post-hoc insinuation that people not read his posts and a semantics debate as to whether you can actually call it a reaction test. I can go on, if you want, but it should be clear by now. You ought to see it, or you are just blind. Seriously, Almost sees it, CAT sees it, even Glidder has pointed out the slyzzle issue. So it's not an impossible task!

2) I won't be making a case on MC now, I will either be voting Shadow or BBT today and it is looking mostly shadow at this point.

But you are also not making any real case against me. Just some vague "I'd rather lynch him than BBT". So what do you expect me to do?
And if you think CAT were scum (and especially if you think he were my partner), why would you not make the case? Again: I want to see it, just to see you actually bringing something tangible to the debate.

3) Throwing shade on BBT doesn't make shadow look better. Remember this.
Why then does his throwing dirt around make him look town in your eyes? Confirmation bias going rampant here. Tell me where I am "throwing shade" instead of actually making valid points!

4) BBT changed his reads on almost when he unvoted him and voted shadow. You missed some of his posts in between these two events.
It was pretty convenient at the time, wasn't it? Only it does not seem to follow from anything except the fact that I am the more promising mislynch right now. And you haven't even got your facts straight. He never unvoted Almost, he directly switched his vote over to me and did so directly after affirming his scum read on Almost again in the directly preceding couple of posts.

5) Shadow did misrepresent BBT. I am not going to lie about it, sometimes misrepping happens from town too but it isn't a lie that shadow misrepped BBT.
Where? Facts please, no insinuations.

6) I would like to know why shadow hasn't taken an active interest in any of the lynches.
Again, a sentence which makes perfect sense, grammatically and even contentual, only it seems to stem from a completely other game on some remote planet I have never heard about. What are you even talking about?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (isolation #67) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:21 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 757, chilledtea wrote:Why did you conveniently leave out the part that said that I flip flop sometimes in games where I know the number of scum that are playing? If BBT is scum then I didn't see you being scum with him, that is why I thought you could be town. I was more suspicious of BBT at that point, I would be more inclined to consider you town.
Yes, you flip-flopped. And you never explained your reads much. And then you actually put me as town over Toffee. And then that waggon actually happened and suddenly your reads were upside down again, and your explanations as to why so far don't hold any ground n my eyes.

I will be waiting for the claim, and for BBT. I am not happy with your defence or MC's defence at this point. If you think I am rolefishing (very silly because I have enough reasons to vote you regardless of a claim), then just say it.
Again, what are you talking about? That I agree with MURDER's case against Toffee?

My case on MC isn't weak by the way. Maybe he is town, I could be wrong, I mean what is the chance of him being your scumbuddy and defending you? I guess he could take that risk.
Then bring it on damn it, it's like pulling teeth with you.

Also, I am not voting you for your activity patterns, as much as I am voting for your overall activity - of what you have done. I can see scum intent in various places.
Yet you cannot show any one any actual places?![/quote]To be any more aggressive against Toffee myself, I'd need to be a dayvig. And yes, I have stayed in the background on some occasions when I felt like I would not need to push a matter myself at some points because others were already taking care of it and then I have been active whenever that was not the case. So what? And whether or not my vote was actually on replace is not the point, he hammered himself, remember?! I was pushing his lynch (as well as Madonna's and Glidder's) all the time during the later half of day 1. How can you even say I never pursued a target? I have been cautious to give people enough time to respond at some points, but how is that scummy at all?!

In post 758, chilledtea wrote:I also disagree that you did anything wrt replace in lynch. You gave the intent only after I told you to give an intent - not saying because of me but initially you were reluctant. You have shown signs of staying in the background - almost has also shown signs of this but at least almost is very aggressive in his approach towards BBT.
To be any more aggressive against Toffee myself, I'd need to be a dayvig. And yes, I have stayed in the background on some occasions when I felt like I would not need to push a matter myself at some points because others were already taking care of it and then I have been active whenever that was not the case. So what? And whether or not my vote was actually on replace is not the point, he hammered himself, remember?! I was pushing his lynch (as well as Madonna's and Glidder's) all the time during the later half of day 1. How can you even say I never pursued a target? I have been cautious to give people enough time to respond at some points, but how is that scummy at all?!

Your comparison with BBT is wrong because he is a replacement. I can forgive Madonna for having bad reads - or stubborness for that matter. Hell, almost could be scum, you never know - (laser probably isn't). BBT has something called as scum reads and has shown intent to pursue his scum reads - you haven't.
Again, what? I have pursued Glidder, I have pursued Replace, I have been pursuing Madonna/Toffee for longer than any one else by now. All Toffee's been doing is press buttons wherever he could find any. If that makes him look more aggressive i pursuing in your eyes, maybe you should finally start to look out for where he actually finds his supposed "reads".
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (isolation #68) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:37 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

So you'd also rather lynch the less likely scum, even thought Toffee would be a more than viable alternative and there's even still a whole week to go till deadline? And for what reason? Information? Seriously, we already had one mislynch, and don't tell me there's no info to be gained from Toffee's flip. Seriously, I have my doubts about chilled's sincerity, but about you, of all the people wanting to lynch me you are my best bet for the bone-headed townie who should know better. So please reconsider this.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (isolation #69) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 760, chilledtea wrote:Actually,
I (unintentionally) lied
Oxymoron right there.

When I said you didn't pursue your scum reads, it was when you weren't on L-1. You didn't make that much of an effort. Your offensive comes as a defence here and it isn't good unfortunately. This is something that would have been very difficult to sort during LYLO I presume.
Except for the fact that I pursued Replace all the way (I know, he was a mislynch, but strangely enough you seemed to have been pretty much in agreement at that point...). I also pushed Toffee hard from the beginning, so don't pretend this is something new I suddenly started doing out of nowhere.

Let me talk about the reaction test thing : It was bad, yes. However, not for the reasons you gave. You haven't realized why it was bad, it was one of the reasons why I felt more suspicious of you, it felt like you were trying to add fuel to fire with your argument regarding that reaction test. I have decided that giving him the benefit of the doubt regarding the reaction is for the best.
So why was it bad, in your own words?

In post 764, chilledtea wrote:You have pursued madonna longer than almost? Are you sure of it?
Bean counting to prove what? And unlike Almost I was not actually attacked by Madonna at the time (that only came afterwards), so he beat me to it for good reasons.

I want BBT here and want to know what he thinks of your offensive. I am not going to defend him, I never do that. I am not convinced but laser could be convinced by this, and BBT is the best person to defend himself.
For some one who does not defend, you have defended him an awful lot recently!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (isolation #70) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Basically, I disagree with you shadow. I am defending BBT less and attacking you more.
And I still don't see why you would. Not as a townie at least. But maybe that's the issue here. Your defense still looks like its done with a chainsaw.

Remember when I said I want everyone to pitch in and provide input regarding BBT? I want something similar from BBT but it is basically hammer at this point. Which is why I am asking you to claim, no other reason. I think you are scum and you haven't affected my read on you.

Sorry then, you are not really sattisfying my queries, so I am not going to satisfy yours at this point.

To me whatever case you have provided against BBT means not much and what case you have provided in defence isn't sufficient.
Yes, you are unmistakenly biased in that regard. No wonder if yu are scum. And if you are actually town - good job, you officially left me completely and utterly puzzled. If none of all that and none of what Almost or MURDER had to say about Toffee did not do the least to open your eyes about Toffee (and he's what this whole discussion really seems to be circling around) then it's probably all just lost on you.

BBT's reaction test was bad because it felt fake. Not because there was scum intent behind it - it felt like he posturing more than anything else.
That explains... nothing. So you assume there is no scum motivation behind doing something fake? Mind, this was not the only questionable thing Toffee has done (although you want to present it that way). And that he calls out certain players (conveniently his scum reads) for allegedly not reading his posts (which is a claim he cannot back up but for the slyzzle thing itself) is of course also not because he wants to make those players look bad if not scum (because if there is town motivation for not reading his posts thoroughly, someone still need to bring up what that town motivation would actually be). Toffee's whole defense is that "he did not actually call any one scum" based on that. That does not mean he was not slinging dirt around.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (isolation #71) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

At this point I actually feel like chilled is the most likely partner of Toffee. However, the alternative would be a Toffee/Glidder team. So I still want Toffee to go first.

That leaves Laser and Glidder on my waggon. Glidder, even if town, just seems to be too lazy to actually reconsider anything and will probably just keep following Toffee around like a trusty little puppy. So that basically leaves Laser. Please Laser, if you think Toffee could be scum, just vote for him now. With this town constellation it will probably become pretty hard to still get any majority on scum later on (and if you get the confirmation that I am town, you'll still lack the info to pick the odd one out from the Glidder/Toffee/Chilled block and you wont have any more mislynches left!) The whole information lynch concept is inherently flawed. Information is what the whole discussion between lynches is for. Lynches are for getting rid of scum, nothing else. So let's go lynch scum already!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #72) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 797, chilledtea wrote:Flip flopping is important, shadow himself said this on day 1 and I agree with it. Scum flip flopping is different, they are opportunistic more than anything else. My flip flopping comes with progression of discussion and generally encourages more discussion, not just lynches.
I never said it is important. It's not like a townie should aspire to be flipflopping. But its oftentimes just a natural result of reads developing as a game progresses and thus in more cases than not not a scum tell.
The thing is: One does not find scum based on
what
they are doing, but on
how
they are doing it. It's always about considering the motivation.

In post 800, Mr Glidder wrote:You mean, like tunnelling? Which is null?

Same applies here, obviously. Just that
generally
both town and scum can do it for various reasons does not mean some one doing it in
a specific case
cannot tell you anything about their motivations and therefore alignment. In your case it is true that your reads seem to be strangely static and unaffected by new developments in the game, which makes them look not so genuine.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (isolation #73) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Glidder:
To be fair, that*s no longer entirely true after your later posts, where MURDER has taken the position of your top scum read from Almost, but generally you seem to be still pretty stubborn as to where you draw the line between your town and scum reads.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #74) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 813, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why is my case against Shadow weak? What do you disagree with? Why? Again, generic statements purely designed to discredit me. I didn't misrep Shadow, I pulled him up on his inconsistency tell, just because he finished his sentence with the addition 'there are exceptions though' doesn't mean I shouldn't pull him up on it and find out why it's an exception.

For some one who is so eager to frame me for misrepresentation, you are awfully good at conveniently not at all understanding the content of my explanations ;P
There is a difference between calling some one out for discrepancies in their play and questioning their motives and just outright calling all inconsistencies scum without even caring for underlying motivations. The first is what I do, regularly, the second looks awfully lot like what you are doing to pull here. Tell me (actually, your answer is predictably gonna be the wrong one here, so this question is for every one): Which of these two mindsets strikes you as town-motivated and which one as scum-motivated? (Yes, it's actually just a rhetorical question)
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (isolation #75) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:27 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 814, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm saying it was not an attempt to gain any reads; I was looking who was reading my posts. I don't know how many times I have to say this.

For the n-th time:
WHY?!
^^^This is the question you keep avoiding to answer!
Or more elaborate:
- What did you think would some one's not reading your posts tell youi?
- What made you think people were not reading your posts in the first place?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (isolation #76) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 814, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Show me where a case was made against me before that post.

MURDER, Almost and even Glidder had pointed out various suspicious things you had posted at that point. I had also already explained how your reads were very suspicious and had challenged you on your point about my misrepresenting you. And since you answered, multiple times, to my posts, I have to assume that some of it must have gotten through to your consciousness ;)
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (isolation #77) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 814, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:SE status is not an indication of playing ability. That was my point, you know this and you are still trying to misrep me. You tried to use MrG's SE status as some sort of means of scum reading him, which is scummy as fuck.

So the assumption that there is a certain correlation between player status, based on previous game experience, and that players ability to play the game is totally outlandish to you?`I cannot believe that you would possibly believe that. Glidder's game history actually backs up his explanations, by the way, so that's why I give him benefit of the doubt on that, but that's something that you probably did not even bother to check yourself, and by the way makes Glidder an exception, not the rule. What makes you think that this had anything to do with my scumreading him? You conveniently do not distinguish between a simple question and an actual allegation to be scum, and not only in this instance. At least this matches your mindset, where you actually just call people out instead of questioning them, but that's not a town mindset (to figure things out) but a scum mindset (to throw dirt around and see what sticks).
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (isolation #78) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:45 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 814, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I want people to actually read Shadow's 'case' on me. Have a look at what I can actually respond to and have a look at how much of it is pure fluff to make his post look nice and long.

Implying that the rest is not fluff. Yes, I am guilty. I fluff, for the hell and the fun of it, if I am writing up giant posts, I may just as well try and make them entertaining, it's a game after all, have fun and all that. How much fluff there is in some one's posts is completely irrelevant as long as there is actual content. You, however, completely ignore all content if you can just discredit some one by calling them out on "fluff".
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (isolation #79) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 820, LaserVP wrote:I quickly skimmed the iso of both BBT and Shadow.
Both have made me think they were town at points, and scum at points during today...ESPECIALLY the final few posts.

My gut is currently telling me to vote Shadow though. I generally just liked a lot more of Toffee's lines then Shadow's (not Madonna though, I disliked more lines). I feel like I'm going to be so wrong yet so right at the same time. Basically, chilled hammers.

VOTE: Shadow

Shadow, I'm so sorry if I'm wrong.

Is your gut always telling you to follow who ever has posted last?
You also say you find Toffee at least kid of scummy, and Madonna you did not like at all. Should it not set off all alarms for you if you find both players of a slot suspicious? It certainly does for me!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (isolation #80) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

MURDER sees again exactly what I see. Why can't you other guys see it?!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (isolation #81) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Laser
: So what exactly did change your mind in Toffee's latest posts?
You have a full day to answer that because I am going to bed now and will not be around for the next 24h.
Good night.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (isolation #82) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

What the fuck, chilled learn to fucking count the damn votes first. That was the hammer!
Nice job bussing partner, by the way, really good. Good luck on your own then, next time fucking l2r and stick to the plan.
Fucking l2p instead of just throwing the game like that!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (isolation #83) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Yeah, that means I am actually scum, go figure.
But you know what the real genious thing is?!: My partner is actually Toffee. You would have never figured that, would you? That's what makes it so genious.
But we all know of course we all know that it's actually MURDER. Because my partner would never to actually associate as close with right? Good thing Toffee would never fall for that kind of bullshit. Oh, wait, nevermind.
Actually I am just trying to cover or Glidder, because as things are, he will need all the help he can possibly get. Why could he not just stick to the plan and take the shot for the team himself?!
But say yourselves, did not Laser's late wavering around strike you as a bit odd? That's not how you bus your partner. Which is good, because it means there's some one to distract from chilled now.
Oh, nevermind, it's Almost, after all. Boring I know, but at least that means I only have to hope people will not go after the now obvious targets...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (isolation #84) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 820, LaserVP wrote:I quickly skimmed the iso of both BBT and Shadow.
Both have made me think they were town at points, and scum at points during today...ESPECIALLY the final few posts.

My gut is currently telling me to vote Shadow though. I generally just liked a lot more of Toffee's lines then Shadow's (not Madonna though, I disliked more lines). I feel like I'm going to be so wrong yet so right at the same time. Basically, chilled hammers.

VOTE: Shadow

Shadow, I'm so sorry if I'm wrong.

You're being blind...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (isolation #85) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Oh, crap. Fuck votes in running text then. There is a reason why I categorically discount them as a mod @_@
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (isolation #86) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:58 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

VOTE: self
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (isolation #87) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:59 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

go town go!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (isolation #88) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Hey :D Thanks for playing along so nicely town ;D
I actually feel very sorry for you guys, you were actually a quite enjoyable and competent town, I think, certainly by fart not as easy to play against as I had originally hoped.

I may give some more detailed analysis and opinion later on. For now I suggest you just start by reading the dead and scum threads. I kept commenting along a lot after my lynch. So most things worth commenting on are already addressed in there. Feel free to ask questions.

And please learn to avoid two logical falacies things from this game:
- Don't ever think "scum would never do
that
" because any decent self-conscious scum will probably do whatever
that
is, just for the mind games and town credit.
- More specifically: Scum do bus. All. The. Time. Never assume it cannot be a bus, just because it does not look like a
bad
bus (i.e. however
you
think a bus ought to look like). It is called "bussing" for a reason: It is not just distancing, you are actually willing to throw your partner in front of the metaphorical bus, just for the town credit, or should I say: Exactly because there is so much town cred to be gained from it if enough town players rely too much on associations like that to find scum.
As a general tip: If you do not have good reason to believe that a scumspect is but literally a drooling idiot (rare) or that you have vastly more information than them (even rarer), it is pretty safe to assume that every thing they are doing is just WIFOM and false traces.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (isolation #89) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Oh yes, I did. I am actually that bold.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (isolation #90) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 1337, chilledtea wrote:Also defending a scum as town is basically suicide.
Not nearly as much as lynching people just for being wrong, one way or another, as town. You smartly realized that in this game by not overlooking the fact that MURDER was basically oozing town from D2 onwards.

In post 1338, chilledtea wrote:Easy to say when you know who is scum, but the thought process was "we have these three scummy guys, who is most likely to be shadow's partner?". Very very difficult.

Only that was not how this game went.
In fact, on day 2 you were in an ideal situation: Both scum only a vote away from lynch, locked in cruss-bussing with no remotely viable counter waggon anywhere in sight.
MURDER may have been wrong on me, but he was spot on on Toffee. He just should not have doubted, or rather completely overthrown and never looked at again, his previous reads after my flip.
And you and Laser were both at least kind of sort of suspicious of the both of us. You both only made the error of clinging to that false dichotomy between me and Toffee, where only one could be scum. Worse, because you were both so openly talking about it I knew beforehand that my bussing would almost certainly work and all I needed to do was find a way to die convincingly (which Laser then thankfully also provided).
Glidder was unlynchable due to his PR status.
Almost was actually pretty town, I think, if you were willing to look over some of his antics and strategies which were often rather half-baked and sometimes pretty anti-town, but hardly likely to come from scum ("scum could easily do that, too" is not an argument for some one actually being scum!).
I really think you are mistaken about how close this game actually was.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (isolation #91) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:46 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Certainly not if you do not even try...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (isolation #92) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Being town is almost never easy.

I may be biased due to lacking a proper town perspective on this game, but again, anti-town and scummy are two different things.
And Toffee did play solid enough that I trusted him to drive this home, but certainly far from flawless. One of the main reasons why I actually went full throttle with the bussing on day 2 was that at that point multiple people had picked up on various legitimately scummy things he had done by that point.

All I am suggesting is a change in attitude. Stop saying the game was unwinnable or that scum deserved the win so much more and that you could have never figured it out or convinced any one. Stop making excuses for the bad outcome and instead see the challenge of anylsing how it could have been averted.
You are also greatly underestimating your power. You were confirmed town on top of that. Without your support, no lynch could have even happened, neither on town nor on scum. In theory you could have shoved anything down town's throat with sheer brute force.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (isolation #93) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

anylsing = analysing...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (isolation #94) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I don't think Almost has the kind of meta which is wilfully tweaked to mask his scum play. He seemed to really believe in the things he said.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (isolation #95) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:34 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 1359, chilledtea wrote:If you were to disregard the result this game was fun and also taught some valuable lessons to the town.
Operation successful then. This is what newbie games are for
In post 1360, chilledtea wrote:Shadow, I would like to know why we don't ever no lynch on day 1. If day 1 almost always results in town lynches, isn't it better no lynch? You get ample information with night kills as well.
In post 1361, chilledtea wrote:Also, I am not saying that we should always no lynch on day 1. But if the town is finding it difficult to get a lynch target consensus, it often the case that they compromise on a lynch. A no lynch is never though of.

Scum lynches on D1 happen. And even if they are not more likely than mere statistical probability (or random lynches, if you prefer) it is still a kill with at least a finite probability to hit scum which is town controlled and which you do not want to give up.
Just think about what happens if you imply this logic to every game day:
- It is statistically more likely to lynch town than scum.
- Therefore it is better for town to no-lynch (?!)
- Scum then night kills, which has 100% chance to hit town.
Result: All kills during the game hit town, scum is never caught.
You could make the argument that you are also protecting town PRs and giving them more time to gather game-breaking information.
But more time does not necessarily help them if they have less info to work with and a bigger bulk of living players to scan through.
And town should never rely solely on PRs to break the game for them. In the worst case you are actually a decent town player and you leave all responsibility to the moron with the vig shot. You don't want that.
Or what if the cop gets killed? Then you have nothing to work with.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”