Newbie 1717: Newbies Through the Looking Glass (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:36 am

Post by Meepo »

So we randomly vote to get discussion going?
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Meepo »

It was a nice try to make me bandwagon on innocent villager.
VOTE: Mizzytastic
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Meepo »

Wait , are we serious on day 1? Because i was not and my vote is random. I also thought accountant was joking around in his reply to me.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:27 am

Post by Meepo »

In post 18, Grace wrote: I don't think you're a mafia member because you're manipulative. I think you are a mafia member, I just do, I don't trust you. And then, if I'm right about thinking so, you'd be really dangerous and we should lynch you before you get to make us vote for an innocent villager.
Sounds pretty serious
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Meepo »

Accountant were you joking in 9 ?
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:58 am

Post by Meepo »

In post 30, Mizzytastic wrote: - @Meepo, why the random vote on me, as opposed to anyone else? And if it's not a serious vote, why give a serious sounding reason for it? I personally like RVS wagons, it's one of the efficient ways to get out of it.

- @Grace, I was going after innocentvillager. I never implied Meepo was culpable for anything.

- @Accountant, why didn't you pick up on the above?

- You gave up the acting smart act quick. Generally i find people trying to look smart don't back down so easily. Sounds fake

- @Grace, is Meepo town?

- @Grace, seems to me more like you want us to think you aren't clever - or at least you've mentioned that more? Why?

- I read this as Accountant being intentionally overblown for reaction but thinking there was something potentially scummy there. The aim of silly voting is to get out of silly voting and into serious discussion.

- @Grace, Apart from missing that I never accussed Meepo of anything, Accountant seems calm and rational. What did you hope to gain from a made up case?

- @Grace, Is Accountant worried or agressive? These don't seem to naturally go hand in hand for me. And why should you have voted for someone who wouldn't have taken it seriously, what benefit does that have for town?

- @innocentvillager, Deadly. :wink: You have a problem with how the day has progressed so far?

- Sometimes it doesn't get serious this quick, but the quicker it does the better it is for town. To me wanting to move into serious stuff is a good thing. And attacking serious sounding made up cases is a good thing.

- @Meepo, you nervous if they aren't?

Don't like innocentvillager's post coming from an SE. Even if it's not his style of play I'd expect an SE to be aware this what start of day can look like. Not sure if Grace looks more like newbscum or newbtown, but she hasn't handled pressure well so I'm not that worried about sorting her in time. Main thing I don't like is someone who was supposedly starting this game trying to look clever keeps falling back on not being clever or on being new - that behaviour seems contradictory to me. Biggest thing making me think newbtown is a possibility is that I think newbscum is less likely to go for the IC, and scum in general is unlikely to admit they made everything up - though the latter is tempered by the fact she is using being new as a defence. Meepo is nullish - I would like to see more from him. Accountant looks like town scumhunting, with the caveat I'd be surprised if the IC looked like anything else this early in the game. Still, happy to go with Accountant as town for now until something questionable presents itself.

I think I will leave my vote where it is until we see more from innocentvillager, though I don't feel opposed to voting Grace. If this is what we get with some questioning and one vote, I'd love to see what happens with more.
I am pretty sure I made a weak argument to vote for you to show that i was joking. Plus you started the joke posts with the smileys and all yourself.

Also i asked if accountant was serious because Grace implied he was , but i thought he was not , it was just borderline.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Meepo »

In post 36, Mizzytastic wrote:There is a difference between a weak argument and a bullshit argument. I was accusing someone of their username being a fakeclaim. Clearly I'm either not serious or don't have a grasp on the game. You were accusing me of trying to get a wagon going, something that is part of the game and some would argue is the best thing to do in RVS. See the difference?
You won`t get a wagon going just because of someone`s name. This is why I don`t see how my wagon argument can be taken seriously. My first post was a joke reply to your joke posts. But the fact that you just don`t want to let that go is suspicious.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Meepo »

In post 38, Mizzytastic wrote:I'm not actually trying to get a wagon going because of his name.
this is what I implied

I'm having some fun cos I'm the first post and I have literally nothing to go on. I'm hoping that I can get a wagon going because then interesting stuff happens that does have potential infomation in it - and some of the other players might oblige me because they are aiming for this too.

Your post is about something actually in game - the fact I was trying to get a wagon going.
I did not know you were trying to do so

That doesn't sound like an obvious joke vote, if it did the subject wouldn't have come up.
only you so far brought it up

You say it's a joke vote - I say ok then decide to prod a bit more because your choice of the words "weak reason" catch my attention. Again there is a difference between a weak reason, and reason that's flat out silly - and I'm not a fan of 'weak' reasons in RVS because it's something you can claim is serious later if you don't get pushed on it. No harm in poking a bit and seeing what happens. Do you see why I might consider your RVS reason and mine different?
to me a weak argument is silly

I don't want to let stuff go straight away, I want to prod at stuff until I'm happy. Do you think I should let it go?
Answers in bold.
I want to really understand whether I wasn`t clear enough in my first post that I was joking or you are being way too worked up.
I want others to answer me: did it seem to you that I was being serious in ?
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Meepo »

In post 30, Mizzytastic wrote: - @Meepo, why the random vote on me, as opposed to anyone else? And if it's not a serious vote, why give a serious sounding reason for it? I personally like RVS wagons, it's one of the efficient ways to get out of it.

- @Grace, I was going after innocentvillager. I never implied Meepo was culpable for anything.

- You gave up the acting smart act quick. Generally i find people trying to look smart don't back down so easily. Sounds fake

- @Grace, is Meepo town?

- @Grace, seems to me more like you want us to think you aren't clever - or at least you've mentioned that more? Why?

- I read this as Accountant being intentionally overblown for reaction but thinking there was something potentially scummy there. The aim of silly voting is to get out of silly voting and into serious discussion.

- @Grace, Apart from missing that I never accussed Meepo of anything, Accountant seems calm and rational. What did you hope to gain from a made up case?

- @Grace, Is Accountant worried or agressive? These don't seem to naturally go hand in hand for me. And why should you have voted for someone who wouldn't have taken it seriously, what benefit does that have for town?

- @innocentvillager, Deadly. :wink: You have a problem with how the day has progressed so far?

- Sometimes it doesn't get serious this quick, but the quicker it does the better it is for town. To me wanting to move into serious stuff is a good thing. And attacking serious sounding made up cases is a good thing.

Don't like innocentvillager's post coming from an SE. Even if it's not his style of play I'd expect an SE to be aware this what start of day can look like. Not sure if Grace looks more like newbscum or newbtown, but she hasn't handled pressure well so I'm not that worried about sorting her in time. Main thing I don't like is someone who was supposedly starting this game trying to look clever keeps falling back on not being clever or on being new - that behaviour seems contradictory to me. Biggest thing making me think newbtown is a possibility is that I think newbscum is less likely to go for the IC, and scum in general is unlikely to admit they made everything up - though the latter is tempered by the fact she is using being new as a defence. Meepo is nullish - I would like to see more from him. Accountant looks like town scumhunting, with the caveat I'd be surprised if the IC looked like anything else this early in the game. Still, happy to go with Accountant as town for now until something questionable presents itself.

I think I will leave my vote where it is until we see more from innocentvillager, though I don't feel opposed to voting Grace. If this is what we get with some questioning and one vote, I'd love to see what happens with more.
In post 46, Lycanfire wrote:VOTE: innocentvillager

I'm reading him as manipulating the pace of the game. At first Meepo made an "are you serious"-post to scoff at the tension. It was clarified twice that people weren't being serious, but Meepo still questioned other peoples motives. Grace admitted again to being loose with her vote. Then IV made a weak post steering discussion in the direction that would make Grace/Accountant/Meepo clash rather than look at someone personally or allow others the opportunity to look at anyone other than those 3. Town IV normally eccentric and aggressive from what I've read in other games (even to the Town's detriment). I'm not seeing any of this right now. Mizzy made a similar post, the third to do so.

Why not Meepo and Mizzy? Not Meepo because he is responding to pressure. That's just the way he chose to respond, and I don't disagree with the response on its own. IV had no meat in his post and I am hungry. Mizzy offered a lot more and seems more in character than IV is.

(RVS with jokes)
Meepo: Are we serious
Grace: no
Accountant: no
Meepo: Sounds pretty serious (the equivalent of "are you sure?")
Accountant: post using this theme to annoy Grace with
Grace: I don't care if it wasn't serious
at this point, it was stated nobody was all that serious 3 times and meepo questioned it twice already

IV: are you guys serious?
Grace: (directed to Accountant) I don't like serious people being serious when we're not being serious
Meepo: (still confused)
Mizzy: Questioning people being serious, making a lot of questions in general
Grace: somehow thinks people are serious now
Meepo: (directed to Mizzy) post about post8 being the joke it obviously is...
Mizzy: really being thrown off by Meepo at this point but I'm reading her post as town
Meepo: I'm not being serious!
Mizzy: repost of last
Meepo: clarifying saying about the same as before
Grace: it didn't seem serious to me
Do we role-play? In that case as my defense i bring forth a fact that I don`t like tarts.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Meepo »

Started writing a reply then decided to go for something less serious, somehow quote still appeared.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Meepo »

- @Grace, is Meepo town?

In post 46, Lycanfire wrote:VOTE: innocentvillager

I'm reading him as manipulating the pace of the game. At first Meepo made an "are you serious"-post to scoff at the tension. It was clarified twice that people weren't being serious, but Meepo still questioned other peoples motives. Grace admitted again to being loose with her vote. Then IV made a weak post steering discussion in the direction that would make Grace/Accountant/Meepo clash rather than look at someone personally or allow others the opportunity to look at anyone other than those 3. Town IV normally eccentric and aggressive from what I've read in other games (even to the Town's detriment). I'm not seeing any of this right now. Mizzy made a similar post, the third to do so.

Why not Meepo and Mizzy? Not Meepo because he is responding to pressure. That's just the way he chose to respond, and I don't disagree with the response on its own. IV had no meat in his post and I am hungry. Mizzy offered a lot more and seems more in character than IV is.

(RVS with jokes)
Meepo: Are we serious
Grace: no
Accountant: no
Meepo: Sounds pretty serious (the equivalent of "are you sure?")
Accountant: post using this theme to annoy Grace with
Grace: I don't care if it wasn't serious
at this point, it was stated nobody was all that serious 3 times and meepo questioned it twice already

IV: are you guys serious?
Grace: (directed to Accountant) I don't like serious people being serious when we're not being serious
Meepo: (still confused)
Mizzy: Questioning people being serious, making a lot of questions in general
Grace: somehow thinks people are serious now
Meepo: (directed to Mizzy) post about post8 being the joke it obviously is...
Mizzy: really being thrown off by Meepo at this point but I'm reading her post as town
Meepo: I'm not being serious!
Mizzy: repost of last
Meepo: clarifying saying about the same as before
Grace: it didn't seem serious to me
That`s what I get for using quick reply
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Meepo »

Thanks for the tip, didn`t know that.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:27 am

Post by Meepo »

Please don`t use nicknames other than current ones to avoid confusion.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:44 am

Post by Meepo »

In post 78, Accountant wrote:
My first post was a joke reply to your joke posts. But the fact that you just don`t want to let that go is suspicious.
Why do you think it is suspicious?
Because I made what I thought an obvious joke post that Mizzy latched on as hope of scumread on me which means he either didnt understand that it was a joke or he is scum or he is paranoid.

Your post is about something actually in game - the fact I was trying to get a wagon going.
I did not know you were trying to do so
Here he answers Mizzy's question in bold. Why, though? It seems to me that it should be obvious Mizzy was trying to create a wagon on IV to get out of RVS, especially since he has
explicitly stated so

This is my first game from scratch (as I was the replacement in my first game) , and I am not used to people randomly making wagons which I guess you imply is normal? Also his statement was accompanied with not just 1 but a whole 2 smileys! If that is not an indication of sarcasm i don`t know what is.

I don't like Meepo's posts because he seems excessively focused on the RVS stage(which I think we are well out of by now) and the general tone of his posts is in defending himself from Mizzy rather than actively trying to go out and find scum. I don't like that. I don't get the sense Meepo is trying to figure out the game at all. He has 12 posts in his ISO - a total of 11 are fluff or focused on subjects like RVS and "seriousness" of posts. The only post that I'd call actual looking for scum is #23, where he points out Grace contradicting herself. If we add in posts that even hint at the fact that he's searching for/attacking scum, we could add #37, where he attacks Mizzy kinda noncommitally, and more importantly doesn't follow up on it at all. His further interactions with Mizzy doesn't feel like a town interacting with his only stated scumread - they are light hearted and full of offtopic content.
I don`t have enough information to start scumreading anyone yet , because if i do it unjustly I would be seen as a scum.
Also don`t see anything wrong with light hearted content at the beggining of the game though.
In fact you seem too aggressive with such weak arguments. Figure out the game? It hasn`t even been two days. You may not like me but my actions so far were not scummy at all.
And with this post you touched my suspicion slightly but I guess you could just be rushing for a clue.

Answers in bold
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:53 am

Post by Meepo »

In post 81, Mizzytastic wrote:
I wanted to see whether or not other people felt Meepo could have been read as being serious. To me it did but if I was the only one then I'd have to concede that I probably overreacted. I know I tend to take stuff seiously that isn't meant as such. Now that I have an answer that at least
some other
people aren't sure about it i'm happy to
VOTE: Meepo
So far only Grace responded to that and she thought it wasn`t.
Wanted to slip in a quick vote?
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Meepo »

People please don`t voice your town reads so obviously just yet, because it will be easier to determine for scum who to kill during the night.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Post by Meepo »

I dissapeared because i had nothing to say thus far but now i do. Pants98 voted for accountant putting her at L-1 without even giving any reason first hand, later saying he will do it later, but keeps the vote on. This an extremely scummy move in my eyes. You don`t put someone at L-1 without an immediate reason or an obvious scum tell, which to me it is not. Either he is scum or a noob town who doesn`t realize the importance of vote majority. Waiting for his response.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:26 pm

Post by Meepo »

It appears though that 29 hours have passed. To me it seems he`s just waiting for a noob town to vote for accountant.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”