Newbie 1723 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Franky »

Hi guys :)
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Franky »

In post 7, thenewearth wrote:
In post 5, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: thenewearth
Nacho probably remembers me and is voting because he doesnt want any hindrance to his mafia plans.

Also as far as i know its "pre-game" and votes dont count.

But just in case its counted

VOTE: nacho
Why would you try to force an interpretation on an RVS vote?

VOTE: thenewearth
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Franky »

I just had to investigate it a little bit at least.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Franky »

In post 11, Dirty Harry wrote:
In post 8, Franky wrote:
In post 7, thenewearth wrote:
In post 5, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: thenewearth
Nacho probably remembers me and is voting because he doesnt want any hindrance to his mafia plans.

Also as far as i know its "pre-game" and votes dont count.

But just in case its counted

VOTE: nacho
Why would you try to force an interpretation on an RVS vote?

VOTE: thenewearth
Lack of tonal perception from Franky.
thenewearth is confident in delivery.
Dirty Harry is quick to make judgements.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Franky »

In post 14, Dirty Harry wrote:
In post 12, Franky wrote:Dirty Harry is quick to make judgements.
Do you think making quick judgements is alignment indicative?
If it's malicious and/or out of nowhere, then yeah, It's scum indicative.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Franky »

A bit out of nowhere. Not likely to be malicious.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:57 am

Post by Franky »

In post 26, e_is_cool wrote:Oops I just noticed that I will be
V/LA from 6/30-7/3
. Hopefully I only get a prod or two and it doesn't affect the game too much. (I might still have internet access though.)
In post 24, Dirty Harry wrote:Nachomamma8.
Do you think there is a correlation between newb-scum voting for their scum partners?
Do you think there is a correlation between experienced scum not voting for their newb-scum partners?
Are you trying to figure out if you should vote for your mafia partner? Because that type of question is best answered after votecounts, not before. (No point in telling everyone all the scumtells if no one has done any of them.)
Are you sure no one has done any scum tell yet?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Franky »

In post 32, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 27, Franky wrote:Are you sure no one has done any scum tell yet?
Do you think that you found something?
Nah, I'm just not sure why he would go out of his way to suggest Harry couldn't have. Figured I would try to find out.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:21 pm

Post by Franky »

Does Rqs have to be either town or scum?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Franky »

Nacho: I’m getting a town vibe from Nacho. I noticed his attempt at showing Harry and me where our pointless debate went wrong on first page (that quoted post with no comment, and then stating that he’s town reading us).

Harry is already laying the game at full speed. Looks town to me.

e_is_cool: What is, in your own words, the appeal of RQS? Why did you use it? And which site are you from?

parabola: what was your guess on the forum he comes from?

earth: Ignoring e’s statement that he’s used to RQS on another site. Lumped me with RQS supporters along with parabola and e, when even parabola didn’t actually state he thinks RQS is a good idea. Ignored my attempt to nuance the issue. Concedes to never backing down from a shakily justified opinion.

For now: VOTE: earth.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:56 am

Post by Franky »

playing the game*
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Franky »

It's L-3 btw
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:57 am

Post by Franky »

@parabola: was that your guess?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Franky »

Where are these Storma and Blizzard people? We need some more activity up in here.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Franky »

@Faalcon: you've been around a while, do you have any thoughts to share?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Franky »

@earth: genuine question: how old are you?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Franky »

@Nacho: what do you think of parabola so far?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Franky »

In post 77, thenewearth wrote:I'm not in the mindset today

I also forgot to set my V/LA

Fuck it

@mod: V/LA 2 days
I need to cool my head off
Are you in the mindset yet?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:51 am

Post by Franky »

In post 86, Dirty Harry wrote:
In post 71, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 57, e_is_cool wrote:The only argument you have against me is me bringing up RQS, and that's because of my meta, not because of my alignment. You also say that RQS looks town, but I'm scum because I'm doing it? That's kinda WIFOM-y.
ooh. i don't really like this response
someone take a guess at why
'Scum being caught for the wrong reason'?
The part about "that's because of my meta, not because of my alignment" is giving me a scum deja vu.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:34 pm

Post by Franky »

In post 90, e_is_cool wrote:
In post 88, Franky wrote:
In post 57, e_is_cool wrote:The only argument you have against me is me bringing up RQS, and
that's because of my meta, not because of my alignment
. You also say that RQS looks town, but I'm scum because I'm doing it? That's kinda WIFOM-y.
The part about "that's because of my meta, not because of my alignment" is giving me a scum deja vu.
Quote specific posts or it isn't a scumtell.
The quote is already in there. I bolded it for you because I'm nice, but I don't believe for a second that you don't remember your own quote, or that you just missed that it was already quoted in a line of discussion that was specifically about it.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:35 pm

Post by Franky »

Actually I think e just convinced me to switch votes to him:

VOTE: e_is_cool
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:42 am

Post by Franky »

@earth: you're not in clear waters in my book yet btw
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:07 am

Post by Franky »

In post 102, Skold wrote:
LightFOS: E_is_cool
. I can't tell between badtown and scum here butthose last posts are awful.
There are two cases:

1) He misremembered his own argument about why he's not scum. This implies he made it up on the fly to find a good response to earth, which is very scummy.

2) He was trying to paint me in a scummy light by implying I was misquoting him. This is also very scummy.

And regardless of which case it is, there is another fact that we can draw from this: "Quote it or it didn't happen" isn't the least bit logical. Either it happened, in which case he could have responded to defend himself or ignored it and both would have been acceptable town play to different degrees on D1. Or it didn't happen, in which case he should have said it didn't, and accused me clearly of misquote. He obviously couldn't do the latter, so he he attempted to avoid the former.

This isn't bad town play, it's bad scum play.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Franky »

By "the former" I mean, having to defend himself.

And by "quote it or it didn't happen" I mean this:
In post 90, e_is_cool wrote:Quote specific posts or it isn't a scumtell.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Franky »

In post 111, Skold wrote:There is nothing in those posts that could imply he failed to remember the argument he made.
Well, that means he made the conscious choice to avoid defending himself while trying to paint me in bad light at the same time.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Franky »

In post 114, Skold wrote:I don't think town should invest time into defending themselves heavily unless the current wagon is likely to lead to a lynch. And e_is_cool thinking you're scum isn't a scumtell. Stop this Franky it's very stupid.
That's not something someone who thinks I'm scum would say, it's something someone who wants everyone else to think I'm scum would say.

Also, be civil, I don't appreciate you using that word, or telling me what to stop doing.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Franky »

Can't say e's last response is any better either. Seems like scum grasping at straws.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Franky »

In post 120, Skold wrote:I'm
not being uncivil
and
this push is stupid
I'll just let you figure out what you're missing on your own. Not worth the time.
In post 121, Skold wrote:
In post 117, Franky wrote:Can't say e's last response is any better either. Seems like scum grasping at straws.
That last post is terrible. If I were to be pushing e_is_cool this post would be a rock as well as the three I pointed out. However I'm not pushing e_is_cool and the people who are active need to get on Nacho.
This here makes me think your "stop it" comment is bollocks, because pressuring someone you think is looking scummy shouldn't disagree with you.

Though you make a good point on Nacho, and as far as I can tell Parabola needs to show some activity too. I'll also need this question answered:
In post 72, Franky wrote:@Nacho: what do you think of parabola so far?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Franky »

In post 132, Errantparabola wrote:There's a few players in this game that seem surface-town but only on the surface, remind me to tell you them at some point
How about now?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Franky »

Wait wait wait, did Rb and Vecna just start a wagon on Harry for no apparent reason as their first action?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #30) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:24 am

Post by Franky »

In post 141, Errantparabola wrote:A lot of people on this site, they see something and they go for it, they pressure hard. Sure, great, works for them.
Very recently I've sort of moved away from that. I think pressuring and calling for deaths has a time and a place, and right now doesn't feel like the time.
I'm trying out a "cards close to my chest" strategy and I want to see how it works.
I'm not asking for "pressuring and calling for deaths". I'm asking for reads. Keeping your cards close to your chest will waste town time. I don't think we should play day 1 like we can afford even one mislynch, especially since we have no idea which PRs we have. You never know, other townies with much less experience could use your reads in a more efficient way.

Not to mention that by keeping your cards close to your chest you're crippling our ability to scumhunt you, and by consequence our ability to trust you.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #31) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Franky »

Vecna I don't know what you're trying to pull but it's annoying stop it.
In post 154, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 72, Franky wrote:@Nacho: what do you think of parabola so far?
Parabola seems fine so far. Why did you ask about Parabola specifically?
In post 78, Dirty Harry wrote:Note 1: must look at both his scum and town meta of receiving early votes/pressure.
Note 2: thenewearth has been the most talked-about/scum-read player so far.
Did you do either of these things?
TNE is a "she", btw.
In post 79, Dirty Harry wrote:Uneasy with this snap-shot of everyone - some observations were more info/activity-led than alignment indicative-led.
No direct interactions thus far with any players though.
I don't think that this is an unreasonable place to be at this point in time; most players haven't really done a whole lot of note quite yet and it's not like Faaaalcon ignored any events that were particularly interesting. Are there some things that Faaalcon should have picked up on but didn't?
In post 94, rb wrote:@Vecna, you came out swinging and never stopped last game you played as Town, what's changed now?
Why ask this question before Vecna posted?
You you think he's helpful town win the game?

Do you feel no inclination to try to change this situation? Or do you think we can find scum by just waiting for them to Skip clearly?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #32) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Franky »

In post 158, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 156, Franky wrote:You you think he's helpful town win the game?
What is this referring to? If you're trying to respond to a specific point, you can highlight the words that you want to respond to and press the quote button.
I was refering to the parabola conversation. Thought it was obvious considering it's your first point in that multiquote, and our only ongoing conversation at that moment. (I also made that post from my phone)
In post 156, Franky wrote:Do you feel no inclination to try to change this situation? Or do you think we can find scum by just waiting for them to Skip clearly?
There is a pretty wide gulf between "playing conservatively" and "sitting on my thumbs waiting for something interesting to happen". I didn't feel like I had to force-start this game because it seemed to be unfolding reasonably at a pace all of its own. Do you think that was unreasonable?
I do not think what you just said is unreasonable. However, I do think being less active isn't the best play for town regardless of reasons.
What is your current read on Parabola?
Null.
Where have you seen scum say "it's because of my meta, not because of my alignment" before?
In werewolf face to face games when I was attending cop school. This constitutes the majority of my mafia experience btw. It's worth mentioning though that it was more along the lines of "it's because of my personality, not because I'm a werewolf".
Why didn't you answer these questions when they were initially asked?
E didn't ask a question. He stated that if I can't quote it, it didn't happen. I felt no obligation to explain what he didn't ask about.

And you didn't ask for a read, you asked why I'm asking about parabola, which I was going to answer after I finished inquiring about him. But it's good to know you were fishing for a read without asking clearly. Btw, do answer my last question about parabola, the one you didn't understand to whom it was referring.
In post 159, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 109, Franky wrote:1) He misremembered his own argument about why he's not scum. This implies he made it up on the fly to find a good response to earth, which is very scummy.

2) He was trying to paint me in a scummy light by implying I was misquoting him. This is also very scummy.
This is a bad attack; e's meaning was pretty clear, and even if you didn't get it the first time, he clarified in and instead of reading his post, you dismissed it. You said that e saying "it's not due to my alignment, it's due to my meta" gave you scum deja vu, which implies that you've seen it before. E is telling you to link him to where you've seen it coming from scum before.
His intent wasn't clear at all. Not to me at least. And the only person who might have been trying to clear up the misunderstanding did it by calling me stupid. Which is the entire reason I missed e's clarification post since I quoted 111 before reading 112, and posted 113 therefore not having 112 on my screen until I reread the page, after posting 116 and before posting 117. And yes, I did dismiss it in 117. At that point I was too angry to indulge him with a voluntary explanation when he couldnd't bother being clear himself in the first place. I also didn't continue scum hunting him though.
In post 131, Franky wrote:I'll just let you figure out what you're missing on your own. Not worth the time.
I will warn you that mafia games are generally pretty intense games and that statements far worse than "your push is stupid" are tossed around pretty frequently.
Thanks. It seems I did screw up by allowing myself to get angry.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #33) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Franky »

I would like to attract attention to two facts:

1) Earth hasn't answered 8 pages old pending questions.

2) Earth is still purposefully misinterpreting the fact that people were scumhunting her for her rash vote, not town reading e_is_cool.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #34) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:50 pm

Post by Franky »

In post 200, Dirty Harry2 wrote:
In post 198, rb wrote:Okay so my current line of thinking is that either E is scum and was being townread by one of his scumbuddies or he's town and being pushed for an easy lynch.
Good summary.
In post 198, rb wrote:Also there's 5 days left but if Vecna isn't doing anything by then I'll switch vote to him. His first 2 posts gave me a laughing fit but it's just annoying now. Even moreso because I know Vecna's a perceptive player and his input is useful. I'm not inclined to let a player spend an entire game making sheep noises.
Agreed.
The only reason not to vote him right now is based on WIFOM.
In post 193, thenewearth wrote:
In post 187, rb wrote:
In post 184, thenewearth wrote:
In post 182, rb wrote:how do you interpret his town-reads
Who's reads?

I thought we were talking about anyone who was townreading e?

And conveniently hopped on my wagon
Sorry, rephrase:

How do you interpret the fact that E was town-read by so many people if he isn't playing a very pro-town game?

And, what do you make of the fact that after Skold he's started to become a scum-read?
I don't really care about it. It just means they're wrong
In post 192, Franky wrote:I would like to attract attention to two facts:

1) Earth hasn't answered 8 pages old pending questions.

2) Earth is still purposefully misinterpreting the fact that people were scumhunting her for her rash vote, not town reading e_is_cool.
1) Its either I missed it or its a stupid question I have no intention of answering

2) I'm not misrepping anything. People actually townread e when I was being "scummy"
1) go through them and specify which are which. All of them, I won't be stisfied with examples.

2) who?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #35) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Franky »

In post 204, e_is_cool wrote:
Spoiler: Franky
In post 95, Franky wrote:
In post 90, e_is_cool wrote:
In post 88, Franky wrote:
In post 57, e_is_cool wrote:The only argument you have against me is me bringing up RQS, and
that's because of my meta, not because of my alignment
. You also say that RQS looks town, but I'm scum because I'm doing it? That's kinda WIFOM-y.
Quote specific posts or it isn't a scumtell.
The quote is already in there. I bolded it for you because I'm nice, but I don't believe for a second that you don't remember your own quote, or that you just missed that it was already quoted in a line of discussion that was specifically about it.
As I've already talked about what I meant with my post, even if I did miss the quote, how is that scummy? I don't get how scum would miss something and town wouldn't.
Like I said I don't think that you missed it. No one would miss it. Because anyone who did would have the instinctive to check again before asking for the quote, which is what I thought you were doing, since you didn't go through the trouble of explaining yourself.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #36) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Franky »

Well, I don't actually need to wait for the answers that will never come.

VOTE: earth.

This is my final vote for Day 1 unless something exceptional happens.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #37) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Franky »

Just a general waiting that I won't be active because of work for the following two days at least.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #38) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Franky »

Warning*
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #39) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Franky »

So I'm back:
In post 328, Vecna wrote:-Franky is a bit weird, nearly all his statements are one-line phrases and he didnt respond to my sheepshit at all. Left a vote on newearth (which I like) but without any proper reasoning before going away untill EOD as he stated. Have seen scum do this as well before, pretend they just go afk but park a vote on their partner when theres pretty much no chance of the lynch being succesful anyway so they can claim later if he ever does flip scum that they were trying to get them lynched from the get-go for town cred.
I'm very straight forward, that's why my posts are short. From what I can gather, most everyone sees this as well since I haven't been scumread yet.

Your sheep shit is what you just called it: shit. My reaction was that it's annoying and you should stop it, and it is. I wish I could give you kudos for giving earth one more scumslip, but frankly, I can't even believe she made that mistake. Though scum have been caught for more stupid behavior, so maybe you deserve that kudos after all. In any case, the very fact that you're about to cause town to mislynch should clue you in as to why you shouldn't have done it.

The proper reasoning for voting earth is that she is not using any kind of logic, and I think they are purposefully misinterpreting facts. I don't think I've stated it clearly, but I've made it clear that's my issue with her posts through my own posts. For reference see: 51, 192. Also, her lack of response to 202 was clearly a direct influence on my vote considering I've referenced my questions in the vote post 213. Frankly, I don't see how the reason everyone should vote earth isn't perfectly 100% clear to everyone already.
In post 361, rb wrote:@Town: can we agree that one of Skold/Earth/Vecna needs to die today?
It's earth.
In post 277, Errantparabola wrote:rb/Harry/Franky- if I told you that I was skeptical on your conclusion on tne's slip, what would you say? What is your opinion on the rest of the town not also jumping on tne because of this?
I would be skeptical of that one slip too if I wasn't scum reading her since the beginning.

@Everyone: Earth is the scum. Lynch them. Right now, you're prioritizing lynching someone with an unorthodox strategy over actual scum. In the big picture of this game, vecna has wasted some time, and came out with a good enough conclusion since he backed one scum theory that at least three people subscribe to (Harry, rb and me). I don't see the need to be hasty with lynching them after they started making sense. And the fact that earth is tunneling on vecna exactly like she did with e_is_cool should be proof that earth wants a mislynch.

@rb: that thing about lynching venca despite not having a clear scum read on them and then voting earth next if they flip town is bs and you should know better. Also, you're in no position to judge the "quality of town" in this game tbh.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #40) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Franky »

In post 4, Nachomamma8 wrote:Hello everyone!

I'm the IC, I normally don't make a big IC post because I find that they are long and boring and most valuable things that you learn in mafia you learn from experience/looking into stuff yourself, but two universal recommendations.

1) Don't quickhammer. It's important to get a workable amount of information out before the day ends (you'll get a better feel for what "workable information" is once you play more, and it's very very important to let people claim here before they die. As a result, please claim intent to hammer before actually hammering.

2)
Don't self-vote.
We have 2-week long deadlines here, but, in reality, it only takes about 5 minutes for people to type the unvotes for a lynch to completely fall apart. There's a very high chance that we won't get everything right immediately, there's a very high chance that we end up pushing people who shouldn't be lynched, but that doesn't mean that there's no chance of you dying; there are spots to self-hammer as scum to cut off discussion, but never ever self-hammer or self-vote as town; keep fighting until the lynch is finalized and the thread is locked and it will help town quite a bit in the end.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Franky »

In post 369, Skold wrote:How anybody can view this last minute spewing of utter nonsense as a town turnaround is actually miraculously stupid.
Who views it as a town turnaround?
@Franky it's not an unorthodox strategy, it's scum trying to play mastermind. And if you let it happen then tbh you deserve to lose. Or you're a possible scumbuddy. Could be why he's trying to pretend he sorta suspects you but he clearly doesn't.

Sorry, I'm not getting bated into a full blown defense on Vecna, the possibility that they are scum is perfectly reasonable. What I'm curious about is why you don't see that earth has been acting very scummy too?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #42) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Franky »

@Skold: are you going to pretend you didn't notice until this very moment that Earth haven't been answering ANY questions since beginning of game? Is it a coincidence that you only started addressing this after I asked you why you didn't notice earth has been acting scummy? Why did you avoid answering that question yourself when you're going to join earth's wagon for not answering question btw?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #43) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:15 am

Post by Franky »

If your opinion is that she isn't acting scummy, why did you ignore my question about that fact instead of criticizing the reasons I have for voting her, which I've also been displaying since the beginning of D1? Forget the beginning of D1, why aren't you scumhunting me like your life depends on it right now?

And let's suppose for a second that you know for a fact my questions have no value, which you don't btw because only I know why I asked any question, why are you ignoring all the questions earth ignored that aren't in my ISO? Which part of my posts gave you the impression that I'm only scum reading her for avoiding to answer my own questions?

And why would you interpret "Does RQS have to be scum or town" as anything other than a rhetorical way of showing the flaw in earth's reasoning about e_is_cool?

Why did you have no issues with earth trying to frame e_is_cool in the beginning by deliberately ignoring the subtleties of everyone's criticism of her read on him? Like seriously, you're the only one mate.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Franky »

I'm not. I'm referencing the fact that I defended him in the beginning against earth.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Franky »

I see Offense/Defense as a tool to be used to scumhunt, not just a position to take because of reads. My read on him was null, and my read on his attacker (earth) was that I needed to put some pressure to verify the validity of her read on him. It's hard to attack someone for having a bs read without defending the player they had the read on.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Franky »

My scumreads are:

1) Earth
2) Skold/Vecna/Parabola

I want to lynch Earth, if that wasn't already clear.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #47) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:57 am

Post by Franky »

Why are you scumreading parabola?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #48) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Franky »

Actually, after rereading Skold's ISO as he recommended, I think I'll be reevaluating my read of him. I got carried away with the line of questioning about earth's scum potential before rereading the entire thread.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #49) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Franky »

I'm scum reading you both because you both did scummy things. Yes, inducing more town paranoia and distraction is scummy, no matter how long you spend explaining how the switch can help bait scum. That said, I don't see any scum relationship between you and earth so far. (emphasis on so far)
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #50) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Franky »

I have about 16 days left to decide who I want to lynch next. Discarding that time and deciding now would be anti-town.

And these random jumps in logic are exactly why I think you're scum, earth.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #51) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:59 pm

Post by Franky »

In post 408, rb wrote:Not lynching Vecna today. His input has fast become better than almost everyone else in the game. Don't like his methods but I'm putting his as nulltown.

Franky, do you have a scumread on Vecna that isn't based on multiple day's old evidence?
No, not really. But I wouldn't call this old evidence just yet. It is getting older, and the point I made first about it being small in the grand scheme of things is getting stronger, but I still think it should be kept in mind for a while longer, considering this is my first time playing with Vecna.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #52) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Franky »

In post 414, Vecna wrote:well this is pretty uneventfull today.....
I'm just waiting to see how many days "in a second" means in Skold's calendar.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Franky »

In post 388, Skold wrote:1. Never said she wasn't scummy, said your case sucked 2.
I am scumreading you because you've shown weird interactions with Vecna
(I'll quote below in a second) and because this case is really bad. 3. Because I only read your ISO because I'm not here to dismantle your case on TNE I'm here to decide if it's scummy 4. Never said that 5. IDK why it's a bad question, it's a bad question. And most of your questions read like they're impossible to be answered because they read like they don't fit in this thread. 6. I do have problems with TNE's argument against e_is_cool. I made my own case, read my ISO or don't even talk about what my stances are.
Overall:
WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS? WHAT THE ACTUAL CRAP FRANKY?
Like seriously, why do you think TNE didn't answer these questions? Because of my post here. I'm not responding to you anymore this is stupid.
pedit: That seems reasonable.
Now that I've took some distance from my not reading the ISO mistake, I can't help but wonder:

1) Where are these quotes? And why aren't you pursuing your scum read on me? Is it because I said I'll be revising my read on you?

2) You state you're scum reading me, and then you react like there could be no scum motivation behind me misreping you? In the same post?!!!
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #54) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Franky »

I decided to reread my yesterday interaction with Skold:

Question:
In post 372, Franky wrote:What I'm curious about is why you don't see that earth has been acting very scummy too?
Answer: None.

My thoughts: The fact that Skold didn't answer this by just saying he did notice it feels like he's ignoring a reference to his scum buddy.

Question:
In post 380, Franky wrote:are you going to pretend you didn't notice until this very moment that Earth haven't been answering ANY questions since beginning of game?
Answer:
In post 381, Skold wrote:Just took a cheeky wee tour of your ISO. None of those were worth answering. Probably slipped into the back of my mind because those weren't questions actually worth bothering with. ''Does RQS have to be scum or town'' - why would anybody waste time with this. Especially after an IC wall on the theory of RQS.
My thoughts:
  • Can't understand why my ISO is important. Several people asked TNE questions, and I specifically capsed the word ANY so that Skold understands I'm not only talking about my questions. Skold ignores this and finds a way to not answer the question.
  • Skold chose the one question that is meant rhetorically as an example for my questions not being worth the time, and frames it in a redundant light when it was a response to the very post that was right before it from TNE, which was TNE's subtle attempt to associate me with E_is_cool when I voted her before him with a bs RVS reason and D1 hasn't even started yet when she made that post.
  • He also somehow misses the opportunity to comment on the most pointless of my questions, which is a plain question about TNE's age that came out of nowhere.
Is it a coincidence that you only started addressing this after I asked you why you didn't notice earth has been acting scummy?

Answer: None.

My thoughts: He probably ignored this because he has noticed she's been acting scummy and he's an arrogant prick. Or because it's an inconvenient question that he can paint as dumb. Notice that Skold would have motivation to ignore this even if Earth isn't his scum buddy as it would frame him as someone who isn't putting effort into getting reads.
Why did you avoid answering that question yourself when you're going to join earth's wagon for not answering question btw?
Answer:
I could go through all of these but these questions weren't directed at me.
My thoughts: This makes me think slightly that he mistook my reference to him not answering my first question to him not answering the questions I asked TNE, but I quickly realize that would be an incredibly dumb assumption to make because I phrased it as "that question", so there was no possible mistake. This is his second attempt to misrep what I'm saying, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt once more and try to question him on these things. I also don't see why he would miss that I'm pointing out his hippocracy over ignoring questions when he's dissing Earth for exactly the same thing.

Question:
In post 382, Franky wrote:If your opinion is that she isn't acting scummy, why did you ignore my question about that fact instead of criticizing the reasons I have for voting her, which I've also been displaying since the beginning of D1?
Answer:
In post 388, Skold wrote:1. Never said she wasn't scummy, said your case sucked.
My thoughts: I start my sentence with "if" and he assumes I think he said anything clearly... And why is he narrowing down my case against Earth to the only thing that he addressed which is her not answering questions?

Question:
Forget the beginning of D1, why aren't you scumhunting me like your life depends on it right now?
Answer:
2. I am scumreading you because you've shown weird interactions with Vecna (I'll quote below in a second) and because this case is really bad.
My thoughts: He literally answers me asking him why he isn't scumhunting me by confirming that he's scumreading me............................... WTF?!

Question:
And let's suppose for a second that you know for a fact my questions have no value, which you don't btw because only I know why I asked any question, why are you ignoring all the questions earth ignored that aren't in my ISO?
Answer:
3. Because I only read your ISO because I'm not here to dismantle your case on TNE I'm here to decide if it's scummy
My thoughts: I would say Fair enough if I had short term memory, but I don't and I remember that he was criticizing my statement that
she didn't answer anyone's questions
.... and his phrasing sounded like an attempt to frame me as scum, so this answer is another load of convenient horse shit.

Question:
Which part of my posts gave you the impression that I'm only scum reading her for avoiding to answer my own questions?
Answer:
4. Never said that
My thoughts: Then how the hell will you decide if my case is scummy if you don't look at the rest of my case?!!!!!! the horse shit stench is getting stronger.

Question:
And why would you interpret "Does RQS have to be scum or town" as anything other than a rhetorical way of showing the flaw in earth's reasoning about e_is_cool?
Answer:
5. IDK why it's a bad question, it's a bad question. And most of your questions read like they're impossible to be answered because they read like they don't fit in this thread.
My thoughts: Horse Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Question:
Why did you have no issues with earth trying to frame e_is_cool in the beginning by deliberately ignoring the subtleties of everyone's criticism of her read on him? Like seriously, you're the only one mate.
Answer:
6. I do have problems with TNE's argument against e_is_cool. I made my own case, read my ISO or don't even talk about what my stances are.
My thoughts: Ok this one is 100% my bad, but I'm glad I made this mistake because it helped give him an excuse to use the stupid argument again and resulted in this bonus answer.

Bonus answer:
Overall: WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS? WHAT THE ACTUAL CRAP FRANKY? Like seriously, why do you think TNE didn't answer these questions? Because of my post here. I'm not responding to you anymore this is stupid.
My thoughts: Me making a mistake about the reaction to earth voting e_is_cool in the beginning can be put aside for a moment, but why is he getting so worked up over something he could have pointed out as an answer to my very first question? And why is calling that one reference to TNE being wrong and one other vague statement that he's "not liking TNE" a case? Why is he over exploiting my mistake and blowing it out of proportion? And if by any distant chance he's town, why is he acting so chocked that someone he scum read in this very post would be misreping him?

Question:
In post 419, Franky wrote:1) Where are these quotes? And why aren't you pursuing your scum read on me? Is it because I said I'll be revising my read on you?
Answer:
In post 421, Skold wrote:1. Had a look into it and it basically hinges on Vecna being scum. Since upon actually thinking I concluded there is no way scum would do this for at best 2 for 1 me and TNE for himself and only a slight chance of TNE and Vecna both being scum with TNE being the bus to confirm Vecna so working from that assumption is stupid.
Vecna is most likely town
, we'll just have to see if his strat is worth thinking about in future games or is just a gimmick that works occasionally.
My thoughts: I like my explanation better. He was overloading me with horse shit because my questions struck a nerve, and he took my first slip and used it to get me to back down instead of scumreading me for it, and as soon as I backed down I became town in his eyes, because I was always town in his eyes. And why is his vote still on Vecna if he miraculously thinks they are town now?

Question:
2) You state you're scum reading me, and then you react like there could be no scum motivation behind me misreping you? In the same post?!!!
Answer:
2. ''react like there could be no scum motivation behind me misreping you'' I didn't say that. Or act like it. I said ''where are you getting this'' because the questions sucked regardless of alignment. How does saying your questions suck imply I don't think you're scum? Franky's questions are being very surface level and not telling whatsoever. IDK if he's getting want he wants from them but I don't like this behavior.
My thoughts: He did act like it.

VOTE: Skold
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #55) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Franky »

Vecna (3) – Earth, Skold, Nacho
e_is_cool (0) -
Harry (0) -
Skold (2) – parabola, Franky
Franky (0) -
rb (0) -
Parabola (0) -
Earth (2) – Vecna, e_is_cool
Nacho (0) -
Not Voting (2) – Harry, rb
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #56) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Franky »

Corrected Post count:

Vecna (3) – Earth, Nacho
e_is_cool (0) -
Harry (0) -
Skold (2) – parabola, Franky
Franky (0) -
rb (0) -
Parabola (0) -
Earth (2) – Vecna, e_is_cool
Nacho (0) -
Not Voting (2) – Harry, rb, Skold

Missed Skold's unvote.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #57) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Franky »

My reads:

Scum:
1) Skold, Earth
2) Parabola

Null:
Vecna
e_is_cool
Nacho

Town:
rb
Dirty Harry
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by Franky »

So I spend 2 hours presenting a case against someone and people don't even want to read it....

I don't even know what to think of this. Getting tempted to ask Ircher to replace me.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #59) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:54 pm

Post by Franky »

In post 452, Dirty Harry2 wrote:I feel like we need Nacho and Parabola interacting in real time at some point today before deadline.
I have a strong feeling this won't happen. Which s giving me bad vibes about my conviction regarding TNE and Skold.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #60) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:18 am

Post by Franky »

Intent to hammer earth.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #61) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Franky »

My intent was meant to give lurkers an opportunity to say something... anything... Otherwise I would have just voted.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #62) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:21 am

Post by Franky »

In post 477, Skold wrote:Franky surfs along with line between stupid and scum and I'm too bad at mafia to tell between the two and TNE....Ugh. I'm going to need a full reread of this game, which is horribly obnoxious.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't stay away from this thread, idk maybe it's like a farmer who likes the smell of animal shite because it reminds him of home.
More like too bad ta mafia to realize and admit you don't make any fucking sense.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #63) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Franky »

VOTE: Thenewearth

I'm parking my vote in case I fall asleep.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”