Newbie 1731 | Under the Sea | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Killthestory »

whaddup
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by Killthestory »

I think you both deserve to die.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by Killthestory »

let me clarify I'm talking about in the game here.

gotta keep this shit CLEAN YO
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Killthestory »

My own SE wall

Mafia is the type of game where you have fun by playing with your friends and feeling a sense of accomplishment whenever you catch scum or trick town when you're scum. However, don't let the competitive nature of the game get to your hard. A game no longer becomes fun when you're trying too hard to play it, per say. Don't try to be the greatest player out there because there's no need to. This is a party game designed about everyone having a good game where they can have a laugh later on.

That said, gameplay wise, I notice that reads are almost always worse when someone is actively trying to make their reads really good. This isn't in all cases, but someone who's got something to prove is holding themselves back. Just have fun with it, but also be intelligent about what you do. It'll most likely work out for you.

Now, let's go into actual gameplay. Mafia is a game where you design your own playstyle regardless of what other players think of it. It's up to you to choose how you want to play, what you want to do, etc. Most people play by how their personality dictates, and I find that this is a good way. However, other people like to play anti-meta, which again, I find as a good strategy. If you just want to play, then play. Mafia is a game where you learn as you go, so just don't focus on anything and play the game.

Fun > Winning. Remember that.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Killthestory »

lmao

I totally did that on purpose.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:04 am

Post by Killthestory »

In post 25, Bellaphant wrote:Be nice, kts :P
:^)
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Killthestory »

VOTE: narcottic
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Because I felt like it.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 49, kagesong wrote:KTS, I do not accept your reasoning. Why would you put such an obviously scummy reason??
Because I felt like it.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by Killthestory »

VOTE: Caramelisa
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Have fun.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Here's your first lesson, your first example of gameplay that will help you.

How do you differentiate my play from my scum play? This is where you institute your tools that you're inherently given. Your mind and reactions, statements, questions, pressure, past experience, others player, and anything you can think of.

Each of these are tools at your disposal, and each of them are extremely useful in some if not all situations. However, let's go over a couple right now for this current situation.

Do you know how I typically play? Do you know my typical playstyle along with my perspective on mafia? Do you know how I think about mafia, do you know how I scumread? Do you know how I react? Of course you don't. However, you don't need to know anything. To really only confidently read a player, you just need a feel on their playstyle.

If you can get a feel on their playstyle with a couple questions, then that's how you should do it. If you feel applying pressure to the new person to see how they react, that's fine. Just know everyone isn't going to respond to anything the same because everyone thinks differently, and there's no two words that can describe the human race. Everyone isn't going to act the same, and "scumtells" and "towntells" are fake. There's no such as either because players can do both purposely and accidently. Each can be faked.

So therefore, you're going to have to use another one of your tools. Meta. This is a rather controversial topic in mafia, but it's a way to play. I don't condemn any type of playstyle because that's not mafia is about. It's like condemning someone in real life for strictly for their personality. Obviously, people still dislike people for their personality, and the same goes for playstyle. I try to not do both, but it's definitely a big part of the world in general. That said, I think you should strive to see the perspective of others while playing Mafia because not only will it help your Mafia play, but it'll also help be more sociable in life, too.

Anyways, back to the original topic, meta. Meta is a tool that's used moreso than any other tools, and it often doesn't work the way people would suspect because of a reliance on it. I don't mind if you want to strictly use meta, or if you don't want to use it at all, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that meta has been proven to be wrong at times due to the fact that people rely on it too much while not focusing on their other scumhunting abilities. Meta is typically used to form a read, but I prefer to use it to: A. Get the game going or B. Strengthen a read. Forming a read, as my own personal opinion, is an overt reliance on meta because at that point your strictly going off your past experience which won't always work in the game nor in real life.

That's just two concepts in the vast array of abstract terms regarding Mafia. I'll explain it as we go, to help you familiarize yourselves with the terms moreso in experience rather than definition, but I can't simply cover everything. No one can. It's like no one can yet describe the human mind. It's too complex.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Pressure.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Killthestory »

The way you formatted the question is rather unreadable as there seems to be multiple questions.

The post was telling you that there's different perspectives to Mafia, and there's different tools at your disposal.

Explain why it's contradictory again.

You can use any tools at your disposal to get a feel for me including pressure, questions, and meta.

Meta is previous experience of a player to justify or form present reads.

You can form reads through any of the other tools. The best way I like to form reads originally is generally how awkward/confident people are. The more uncomfortable, awkward, or mellow someone is, the scummier they are originally for me. The more confident someone is, the more I read them as town. This is how I
formulate
my reads
originally.
The reads progress as we go, but I haven't hit that stage yet.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Killthestory »

It means to start out with. I don't push a previous read based only on that factor, but if they show more factors that I look for, then I see them as an optimal lynch.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Killthestory »

My wall is NAI due to the fact that it's me SEing, not playing the game.

Also, instead of saying what's unclear, you could be productive and ask questions.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Killthestory »

I meant regarding my long post and SEing.

Anyways, no.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Your entire argument against me is unbelievably stupid.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:15 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Subjective. Hypocrisy. Confusion, maybe? Seemingly unimportant male, but potential for something greater? Perhaps. Species ambiguity and lack of acronomeos may result in such thoughts but perhaps an anomaly? Independent thought reigns, but species faults could be attributed to unimportant male's faults. Watch more, study more.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:50 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 92, kagesong wrote:VOTE: killthestory

Honestly, you are so anti-helpful it hurts me. I feel your posts are simply wasting space. I don't see how town could ever benefit from your garbage here. That is not meant as a personal insult, as I know nothing about you. Please take it for what it is, and nothing more.
I'm here to teach, not play like I don't. I win games with the way I play, and that's the way it is. It's anti-meta, and it works. I'm not a cut and clear standard player because if I were, I wouldn't be anti-meta and therefore have an edge. You'll understand soon. However, no, they're not anti-helpful, you just don't understand and refuse to ask logical questions.

@Kage, I'm unsure what you're saying here, but it's formatted weirdly and has a lot of incorrect information. I don't need to be professional to be a good SE. In fact, I need to be able to play like any other player would to show you what kind of play you're going to see here. There's no need for professionalism.

I will last a long time, that is, if scum don't find me a threat beforehand.

My post is newbie friendly, but if you have trouble with English, you should look up the word or ask.

I'm not sure what you're saying when it comes to the difference between dumb and stupid.

You can say anything, just don't get prodded. You're supposed to say stuff because the lurker meta to play is not a good one. I.E., not saying anything and falling on the excuse you have nothing to say. There's always something to say.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:55 pm

Post by Killthestory »

@Narco,*
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:58 pm

Post by Killthestory »

You're scumreading me, but you have yet to mention me? You don't pressure me like anyone else? You just jump on the bandwagon?

Huh.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:59 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Disregard, went through your ISO, and I thought you were someone else.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Isolate a user's post to see everything they've posted in that thread. A useful tool for analyzing someone's posts and what they did that game.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:06 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 102, narcoticcrab wrote:IC is it possible for you to explain what hes talking about cause i just dont understand it
You could ask me what you don't understand.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 106, kagesong wrote:KTS, here's what I don't like. In #63, you immediately defend yourself "How do you differentiate MY play from MY scumplay..........". What I see in this is an attempt to use "teaching", and not very good teaching, to distract people and place an idea that you are not scum because this is your "normal" play. I don't like it. You've kept this rhetoric in multiple posts, and it doesn't sit right. If you REFUSE to contribute to this game, I will 100% park my vote, regardless of any other opinion.
Your opinion on my beliefs, which is more what it is than actual teaching, is subjective and most likely wrong since I only went over bare minimum concepts that simply extended your knowledge of each term and how to use it to play a game of mafia.

That wasn't a defense, that was an example. How do you differentiate my play from my scumplay? Do you use pressure, meta, or anything of the such? It was an introduction to my post, nothing more. You're taking it out of context because you're blindly tunneling me, or you're scum with nothing else to use.

Rhetoric in multiple posts lol.

I'm not refusing to contribute to the game. I'm doing my role and contributing. In fact, I've done a lot so far unlike you who has mindlessly tunneled town since the game began.

You can park your vote, but no one else will. That should raise some clues about your "opinion" that's not based on anything hard in the first place.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:27 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 41, Killthestory wrote:VOTE: narcottic
In post 46, Killthestory wrote:Because I felt like it.
In post 52, Killthestory wrote:VOTE: Caramelisa
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 113, kagesong wrote:Also, don't presume to further my knowledge. You do not know what I know. You introduced it as a lesson, which is teaching. Also, how is pressuring someone that I legitimately believe is likely scum, "tunneling town". I am not the only vote on you. I would easily contend that, since I am actively SEEKING INFORMATION ABOUT POSSIBLE SCUM, I am contributing 100% more than yourself.
This is a newbie queue, meaning that people aren't going to be familiar with the game. I don't care about a single player's knowledge. I care about the entire game's. Don't make this entirely about yourself because that isn't the point.

Do you know what tunneling means?

So, only newbies have my vote on me, but you're the only one to really care about me being scum rather than just scumleans or weak reads.

Very pompous and uneducated guess.
In post 114, kagesong wrote:Sorry, just saw #112. What contribution is that exactly? "because I felt like it"??

Then you swapped your vote with no explanation, also refusing to explain?

Trying to start a train to save your scum buddy?
I generated discussion to further the gamestate, did I not? I'm pressuring who I found scummy through gut, did I not? Not everything needs a sole detailed explanation to be contribution. I generate discussion and analyze the reactions I get. That's contribution in itself.
In post 115, narcoticcrab wrote:ok KTS IMO kage has posted more to the game than you have all i have seen you do is vote 3 people without a reason and start arguments now lets drop this and play the game this is very unfair to us players that are new especially people like me who have only played this game as there first
You say that before giving me a chance to speak.

Stop trying to be the bigger man. This is not unfair since this is how you play the game. Through pressuring, questions, and debate. It's social interaction at it's finest.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 118, XnadrojX wrote:Is caramelisa going to try to form a read or try to be a bit more active? (S)he seems to be rather inactive and that feels a bit uncomfortable if she is Town
Activity does not equal alignment.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In most cases*
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by Killthestory »

You scumread both me and Kage? Does it make sense that a newbie scum would be pushing his SE scumbuddy to you?

A genuine question.

P-EDIT: Then no one is lynched, and the night begins.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:20 am

Post by Killthestory »

I don't mind.

It's good that you're having fun though, lol : )
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:58 am

Post by Killthestory »

That's nice.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:18 am

Post by Killthestory »

Well, there's only 6 pages here, so it's understandable you couldn't really find any other scum.

Still, you see it as TvT (Town vs Town) or SvS (Scum vs Scum) rather than TvS? (Town vs Scum)
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Killthestory »

In post 137, DeathRowKitty wrote:KTS, stop fucking harassing the newbies ffs
Yeah, maybe if you read, you'd see that I didn't even be disrespectful once. Crazy, right?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:19 am

Post by Killthestory »

One of {Narco, Xnad} is scum. Kage is town. Melissa actively null. Libellule town. The two SEs and one IC have done close to nothing which is surprising, but I read DRK the towniest out of all of them.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Killthestory »

In post 150, kagesong wrote:
In post 141, Killthestory wrote:
In post 137, DeathRowKitty wrote:KTS, stop fucking harassing the newbies ffs
Yeah, maybe if you read, you'd see that I didn't even be disrespectful once. Crazy, right?
Did you not directly insult my intelligence? Just asking. IDC though, cus I don't REALLY qualify as a newbie. Just haven't got my games finished yet, had to replace out of a couple.
Uh, no, if you weren't focused on trying to tunnel me and combat me, I'd think you're equal to someone I'd normally play with.

I don't look down on newbies because I have a firm belief that a new player can be just as good, or even better, as a veteran to the game. They just need to figure out how the game works. That's why it's important they know everything they're going to experience.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Notice how I'm not referring about you but rather your argument.

Attack the argument, not the person.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (isolation #38) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Just because I'm the best choice at the moment doesn't make me the best choice overall.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (isolation #39) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 161, XnadrojX wrote:Also KTS, nice scumread on all 3 people who voted you.
I'm not.
In post 162, XnadrojX wrote:
In post 142, Killthestory wrote:One of {Narco, Xnad} is scum. Kage is town. Melissa actively null. Libellule town. The two SEs and one IC have done close to nothing which is surprising, but I read DRK the towniest out of all of them.
Ok, so you called Kage out on tunneling you and (s)he is a townread to you? You mentioned how she was tunneling town did you not?
Tunneling town isn't an accusation that they're scum.
In post 163, XnadrojX wrote:I refer to your accusation against Kage, "blindly tunneling me, or scum with nothing else to use". Can you explain how have you gone from that to townreading her/him?
I've been townreading them the entire time.

Do you know what tunneling means?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (isolation #40) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Even though there's the language barrier, I think Narcotic is likelier to be town than Xnad. Still possible for it to be both.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (isolation #41) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Killthestory »

He's town tunneling town.

Gut and the way you two act.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (isolation #42) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Cautiousness and awkwardness are scummy.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Killthestory »

lol all the newbies scumreading me.

is an se or ic scumreading me? that could be a real indication of my alignment :^)
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by Killthestory »

this isn't an innovative playstyle. this is my playstyle, and it works well when people know me. i play anti-meta until it isn't anti-meta, but new players will never understand my playstyle. veterans don't either.

lol edgy.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by Killthestory »

nobody.

but the veterans know to leave me alone because i catch scum like i catch my bitches bois osi s
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by Killthestory »

your confused because you'er confused.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (isolation #47) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by Killthestory »

or am i the true confused one here
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (isolation #48) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Killthestory »

It doesn't matter if it were an OMGUS (And it wasn't anyway) because anyway you find scum is a good way.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 218, kagesong wrote:
In post 209, DeathRowKitty wrote:
This game has a very low
useful content : post
ratio. The Kage vs KTS thing is not bringing to light anything of use. It's also probably worth mentioning that SE is NOT meant to be a teaching role. It's just meant to be a playerslot that has some game experience. And KTS has some...let's say
bizarre
views on mafia theory so it's probably good he's not in an official teaching role here :?
THANK YOU for pointing out again that SE does not = teaching role.
Then I'm unofficially teaching you.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (isolation #50) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:19 pm

Post by Killthestory »

You can act civil and just ignore what I'm saying if it doesn't already apply to you.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (isolation #51) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:34 am

Post by Killthestory »

oh lol.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades