Newbie 1752: Wave - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by The Turkish Delight »

In post 5, CloudKicker wrote:Ayy, i dont believe in Rv so i am going to vote mafia, since its towny to vote mafia

VOTE: CloudKicker
So you are mafia then? Hmm maybe i should do the same, as you said its a towny move right?

VOTE: CloudKicker
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:40 pm

In post 9, Desmond wrote:My goodness, look at that tasty, crunchy, honey dipped... VOTE: VOTE: The Turkish Delight

He is so sweet, he must be scum
Man i'm sweet! :D
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:41 pm

UNVOTE: CloudKicker
VOTE: Tenshii

Lets make jokes to the experienced ones :p
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:44 pm

This is for all,

Have you ever played mafia on another site? If yes, then how many games have you played? What were your alignments and did you win or lose? Whats your experience? I guess some is having their first ever game but wanna ask it :)
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:55 am

That was not that juicy lol :P
In post 15, Desmond wrote:What about yourself?
I have played 3 games on gpro.net forums so far, was town 2 times and scum 1 time, lost all of them. This is my 4th game and i dont have a stronger side either.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:23 am

In post 17, Desmond wrote:With that record, I hope you are mafia this time
Implying you're town with saying you dont know if i'm mafia, noted.
Desmond wrote:Ok, so even while not everyone appeared, I think I cracked the game! BlueBloodedToffee and The Turkish Delight are scum because they are the only two who represent food. Hah!
You dont represent food. I think thats more scummy! Btw, i'm starting to think that you're trying to redirect the attention to the others in the early game. Saying too much "you're scum, they're scum" is just scummy imo.
Desmond wrote:Do normal games here usually have a faster pace than newbie games?
Have no idea about that.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:36 am

In post 23, CloudKicker wrote:Still page 1 cmon guys, this is really boring
Yeah, its quite a little :/
CloudKicker wrote:
In post 14, The Turkish Delight wrote:This is for all,

Have you ever played mafia on another site? If yes, then how many games have you played? What were your alignments and did you win or lose? Whats your experience? I guess some is having their first ever game but wanna ask it :)
I have a crap load of experience at epicmafia but this is my 2nd-3rd game in forum mafia. I am a huge troll, i lie, i cap, i ate, i troll and i spamm as both alignement, so beware but my reads are top notch, rarely wrong.
Interesting.
CloudKicker wrote:Also inb4 omgus, tenshii had 1 shitpost and 1 vote on town so far, desmond leaning town.
What was omgus..?

Screaming that you're town is not a towny move at all. Also, you already said you are a huge troll, you lie and you do stuff, i dont see a reason why i should trust your word at this point.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:45 am

In post 28, CloudKicker wrote:So you trust me when i say i lie and troll but dont trust me when i say i am town, funny. And tell mow how screaming that i am town isnt towny, is it scummy? why would it then be scummy? Also, dont you think that voting town is more scummy than saying that you are towny?

you also realize that i said i do all these things and its non-alignement indicative for me so dont you dare try to discredit what i say one more time just because i was kind enough to give explicit information about how i play -> im trying to let ppl read me better which is towny as well
Your first post had the phrase "i lie", so me saying "i cant trust you because of that" is funny for you?

About screaming that you are town, if you're town, stating the obvious is just stupid and scummy. Cos you dont need to point that you're town, if you're town. A townie shouldnt be scared if people scumread him/her. Because if he/she gets lycnhed, that would provide a good information to town (about the interactions) after he/she flips town. If you are scum and people scumread you, then you're screwed.

It may not alignement indicative for you, but you may be lying as you stated earlier. You could just tried to fool us with your first post with the info of how you play.
Tenshii wrote:
In post 24, CloudKicker wrote:I have a crap load of experience at epicmafia but this is my 2nd-3rd game in forum mafia. I am a huge troll, i lie, i cap, i ate, i troll and i spamm as both alignement, so beware but my reads are top notch, rarely wrong.
What is cap?
In post 25, CloudKicker wrote:Also inb4 omgus, tenshii had 1 shitpost and 1 vote on town so far, desmond leaning town.
Where did I shitpost? Where did I vote town?
In post 27, The Turkish Delight wrote:Screaming that you're town is not a towny move at all. Also, you already said you are a huge troll, you lie and you do stuff, i dont see a reason why i should trust your word at this point.
Not voting on your scumread and/or suspicion.

VOTE: The Turkish Delight
He wasnt a major scumread for me. He is just a little suspicious for me atm. Changing votes all the time is not my thing.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:14 am

In post 36, CloudKicker wrote:@turkish
"About screaming that you are town, if you're town, stating the obvious is just stupid and scummy. Cos you dont need to point that you're town, if you're town. A townie shouldnt be scared if people scumread him/her. Because if he/she gets lycnhed, that would provide a good information to town (about the interactions) after he/she flips town. If you are scum and people scumread you, then you're screwed"

You said you played 3 games, correct ? I played about 8 thousands on em -> ''A townie shouldnt be scared if people scumread him/her. Because if he/she gets lycnhed, that would provide a good information to town (about the interactions) after he/she flips town" : this is a really bad attitude to have, i am not quoting that to read you or else, just to inform you that you shouldnt think like that.

Heres how i think and you should think:
I am town, i am unlynchable. I wont let myself get lynched ever but if it does confirm someone else as mafia aka fake cop with a guilty on me. Screaming town is far from being scummy and its not ''stating the obvious'' when its the first few pages. Also, stating the obvious is always good since not all players see what you see and i learned to not trust anyone to carry me, again, as both alignement.

I am not scared either, my first post was gimmicky and scummy, i even shared information that makes me hard to townread you know. And seriously dont fos ppl for claiming town, its ridiculous
Oh tell me the sentence of "I'm town" is not scummy, again? Really?

Thanks for the advices, but i wanna learn while experiencing. If i think wrong, i wanna experience it. Of course everybody tries hard to not to get lynched but usually your win condition doesnt say you need to survive. I still think stating the obvious is a good way at all. If not everyone can see what you see, then its not obvious that much.

I dont know if you're town or mafia, as you said its hard to read you, especially when its early game. But if i dont have a major scumread, i may aim to lycnh you since you are hard to read. Even if you're town, I think you can give town a good information.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:16 am

EBWOP

"I still think stating the obvious is
not
a good way at all."
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:28 am

In post 41, CloudKicker wrote:You contradicted yourself on your post buddy. You said you wouldnt mind lynching me since im hard to read and that would give town information. Im pretty if all the town would policy someone for that reaosn, you would get 0 information. Also, dont depend on flips -> good players will beat you and will defend towns too, a lot (chainsawing) and you can go 2/2 before the end of the day if you actually try
Why would it not give info for town? I mean it wont if we lycnh someone right now but if we do it like closer to deadline? How it wont give info?

Also, for this scenario, for a policy lynch, i wouldnt have a major scumread, otherwise i probably wouldnt vote for it. Would do it just for securing the lynch.

And, till i can come up with another thing, i guess i depend on flips a little.

Will try my best for sure.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:39 am

In post 43, Blakebtb23 wrote:I think saying "I'm town" is not scummy but it's also not evidence for being town obviously, but it's fine that someone said that

I think that by turkish delight accusing cloud just for saying "I'm town" makes me lean toward turkish being town. I think if he was mafia, as a new player, he would be careful about what evidence he uses to accuse people as scum, but if he's town he would feel fine to throw out an accusation, especially if he actually thinks "i'm town" is scummy, which its not.
Wow, we really think different on that "saying i'm town is scummy/not scummy" subject. Or you 2 are just buddies and backing up each other, maybe. Possibility exists.

Well, i'm off, its 00.38 am in here. Cya tomorrow.

Try not to bugger each other :)
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Couldnt sleep yet o_O
In post 48, CloudKicker wrote:Not saying it wont give info, im saiyng fucking lynch mafia over getting yourself lynched for info
I was saying it for just in case, of course lynching scum is preferable.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:15 am

In post 53, Tenshii wrote:As of this post, you have a vote on me from Page 1 for "jokes"
You then have suspicion and don't follow it up. Why aren't you voting for people you suspect?
My vote on you was a joke vote at first. But I had scummy vibes from you later yesterday. Otherwise i was gonna unvote you before i go to sleep. I get some scummy vibes from Cloud too, but nothing major from both of you. So i haven changed my vote.
Tenshii wrote:I currently scumread Cloud and Turkish. I don't know if they are/aren't mafia together. I'd vote both if I could.
Yeah, my vote stays on you. And leaning a little more town on Cloud.
Hellfire Missile wrote:Uh, I still have no idea what i'm doing, don't know who to vote for (What's this "scumtell"?), mafia theory/game theory?, do i tell people my role? (I get that I'm not going to if Mafia, but what about if townie? Would people believe me?), how many people have roles?

So much confusion..
You can ask us, i still count as a noob but i'm sure everyone will help you with those kind of stuff. The purpose of these game is teaching stuff to newbies :)

Scumtell - I'm not that sure (i think its different from scumread someone). From someone's playstyle, you can understand if he/she's more likely mafia or not. I guess this happens after you play with the same players a couple times. This may be wrong, experienced ones will correct me if i'm wrong :)

Dont understand clearly what you mean by mafia/game theory..

No, you dont tell your role. I mean you must rephrase it, you are not allowed quote your role pm. And usually (not all the time, not valid for all roles), people claim their role (with paraphrasing) when they are L-1 (1 vote away from the lynch) to avoid their lynch. But claim should be trustworthy. Especially if you're scum and on L-1, you will need to fake claim.

Everyone has roles, you can see in the opening post, there is matrix 6 table. This game is one of its variations. You can see the possible roles. There may be some power roles (PR's) and some vanilla roles (townie with no ability, no night action)
Hellfire Missile wrote:Is this still day 1? How do i know when a day has passed? Do I ask you guys or the mod?
Day ends when we lynch someone or decide to do no lynch or deadline expires, so yes, we're still on day 1. And we lynch if someone get 5 votes on him/her. Then Night 1 start. At night, nobody talks. People with power roles, send their actions to mod. When everything is done, day 2 starts (and we see if someone get killed on that night).
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:17 am

Some i'm ninja'd :D

Well, i need to look at what was posted before i reply.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:18 am

In post 64, The Turkish Delight wrote:Some i'm ninja'd
Lol, ebwop, So* i'm ninja'd.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:59 am

Tenshii wrote:
In post 59, Drone wrote:Why Turkish? I think Cloud is a bit scummier.
Turkish "was" not voting for his suspicion. A common play by scum is to attack/suspect town without voting them so that when the Town gets lynched, the scum isn't on the wagon. It's basically, "You can't hold me responsible for a town lynch I wasn't on"
In post 63, The Turkish Delight wrote:My vote on you was a joke vote at first. But I had scummy vibes from you later yesterday. Otherwise i was gonna unvote you before i go to sleep. I get some scummy vibes from Cloud too, but nothing major from both of you. So i haven changed my vote.
What exactly gave you scummy vibes from both people? Quote them please.
In post 80, Desmond wrote:Hello, nice to be here. Is this particular part a joke or some MS tradition that you should live? As in, are ICs always town?
Every player has an equal chance of getting a role.
Im not gonna change my vote everytime i ask/suspect people. Get used to it.

And, for scummy vibes you were asking, those are vibes, gut feeling. I still think its early in the game.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:02 am

In post 80, Desmond wrote:As in, are ICs always town?
Not necessarily, can be both. Roles are given randomly. At least thats what i know.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:24 am

In post 89, Desmond wrote:VOTE: CloudKicker I am with Drone on this one. So far CloudKicker is the one mostly stirring the pot.
But you said you like him in #87 (you did say the same to drone and tenshii too). What changed? Are you worried about him being so experienced so he can see your scumtell?
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:30 am

So far, here is my thoughts and feelings;

hellfire (town)

cloud (null)
blakebtb (null)

tenshii (67%scum-33%town)
drone (55%scum-45%town)
desmond (62%scum-38%town)

These 2 hasnt made any content post yet. I dont know what to do/think about them:
raskol
blueblooded
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:31 am

In post 92, Drone wrote:Halt it all; Cloud is at L-1. Let him talk.
Oh he is L-1 really?

Then i dont think good stuff about Desmond at this point. He just jumped on the wagon with no real reason actually.

VOTE: Desmond
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:36 am

I've counted 3 votes on Cloud? o_O

Can we get a VC? :/
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:02 am

Blueblooded, drone, desmond are the voters for cloud atm.

Cloud is on L-2 (if i've counted it right).
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Fuck i said not bugger each other!

Damn my first language is not english and this is a lot to read. Its 5am in here, had no time last evening and now had a quick skim. Seems like hellfire is popular now. But couldnt understand much on the last 3 pages as im dying for some sleep. Im just gonna unvote desmond, when i had a reread and caught up, i'll be here with my vote and comments.

UNVOTE: Desmond
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:42 am

I again had a quick skim. Having a guest from Ankara for the entire week (i'm in istanbul). So far, i think that one of the hellfire/cloud is town and other is mafia, too. And agreeing drone's post on first lynching hellfire and if flips town we can lynch cloud. I'm not voting cos i dont know the vote count and dont wanna hammer right away if someone is L-1.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:14 am

Sorry guys i've been offline too much. And seems like its gonna continiue like this. If i knew this from the begining i wouldnt join to the game. I'm going contentless for 3-4 days now. It can go like this. I should be replaced.

Grapes, apologise for this but we need a replacement.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”