Newbie 1752: Wave - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 14, The Turkish Delight wrote:This is for all,

Have you ever played mafia on another site? If yes, then how many games have you played? What were your alignments and did you win or lose? Whats your experience? I guess some is having their first ever game but wanna ask it :)
This is my first ever forum mafia game, although I have played a ton IRL, my group plays at least like twice a week. We even made a power ranking for mafia (alongside our Melee power rankings) : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1831303955
I'm blendtec in the spreadsheet

So i generally lead the discussion irl, but i'm new to forum mafia so I might be quieter here.

Right now I am slightly suspicious of desmond, he kind of jokingly accused 2 people, might be something scum would do whereas town would give a serious random vote. Toffee has been quiet for being a IC, hellfire has not spoken yet, and drone gave 1 random vote and didn't talk at all after, so those 3 are also on more my radar compared to the other people who i've been getting town vibes from. I guess I'll throw my vote for
Vote: Desmond
and see what he says
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

I think saying "I'm town" is not scummy but it's also not evidence for being town obviously, but it's fine that someone said that

I think that by turkish delight accusing cloud just for saying "I'm town" makes me lean toward turkish being town. I think if he was mafia, as a new player, he would be careful about what evidence he uses to accuse people as scum, but if he's town he would feel fine to throw out an accusation, especially if he actually thinks "i'm town" is scummy, which its not.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

A tip, dont openly out why youre trying to achieve with a vote, rxn testing is important. Also, demond's foses were obviously empty and he never implied otherwise so that vote is 100% empty too
How does explaining my vote weaken the rxn test?

Ya desmonds vote was empty, just the way he presented it seemed like he's trying to force it to be a lighthearted vibe, then he asked a question afterwards, which if a town answers then those two have some rapport and would be more inclined to trust eachother. Just seems like a post that a newer player that got scum could possibly make, so it gave me slight scum vibes.
Sorry for triple posts but, who did you get town vibes from and why
You, turkish, and tenshii seem slightly more townish than the others atm
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 46, The Turkish Delight wrote:
In post 43, Blakebtb23 wrote:I think saying "I'm town" is not scummy but it's also not evidence for being town obviously, but it's fine that someone said that

I think that by turkish delight accusing cloud just for saying "I'm town" makes me lean toward turkish being town. I think if he was mafia, as a new player, he would be careful about what evidence he uses to accuse people as scum, but if he's town he would feel fine to throw out an accusation, especially if he actually thinks "i'm town" is scummy, which its not.
Wow, we really think different on that "saying i'm town is scummy/not scummy" subject. Or you 2 are just buddies and backing up each other, maybe. Possibility exists.

Well, i'm off, its 00.38 am in here. Cya tomorrow.

Try not to bugger each other :)
I come from an avalon and irl mafia background, and those games usually start by people claiming they are town/good, and we've never viewed that as being scummy. It might be a bit different on forum but I still think its fine to say
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 51, Hellfire Missile wrote:Okay, just read through all 3 pages, and have come up with a question. So, i can just lynch random people right? Like, first time Mafia Forum so i have no idea what i'm doing >.< (I can't edit posts right?)
Have you played any type of mafia before?

As for lynchings, you can vote for anyone, if one person gets a majority of votes then they are lynched. Who would you vote for if you had to vote right now?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Cloud, why do you think that turkish is obviously town?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

The way that hellfire is talking now makes me think that him being clueless was just a charade, I'm not sure if that means he is scum or if he was just trolling, but its definitely a bit suspicious.

I agree with rask and am leaning towards cloud and Turkish being town

Rask made a very towny post but that shouldn't exonerate him at all, if he was mafia he still would most likely cover for the IC and post that

Tenshii desmond and hellfire are suspicious to me, BBT hasn't talked at all so idk about him, I think if he had a role then he would feel obligated to get discussion moving but if he's vanilla he wouldn't be pressed to post and is focusing on other games or something, so I'm leaning towards him town
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

So hellfire just brought it to 4 votes for cloud after 2 people said he was towny, he's highest on my suspect list, ima switch my vote to him

Unvote: desmond

Vote: Hellfire
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 50, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 6, Drone wrote:VOTE: Hellfire Missile
Pew pew!!
But why tho? I haven't even done anything.

Also, wot is happening? It's very confusing :c
In post 123, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 120, CloudKicker wrote:VOTE: hellfire missile dudes fake. If you hammer me youre claiming scum
First, evidence please

Second, I never claimed nor said i was going to hammer

Third, I just unvoted someone because he stopped lurking

Fourth, what the actual fuck is wrong with you. Baseless claim. Calm down, and think this through.

Consider. What has (i guess me) done? Has he done X? What about Y? Etc Etc
Hellfire explain why you were pretending to be clueless, because the difference in these two posts make it obvious that you weren't actually clueless
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 134, CloudKicker wrote:
In post 132, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 125, CloudKicker wrote:->tenshii prob town and pr
why would you out this though if you're town...
whyd i out it and not just tell my partners on
day talk
?????????????????
Maybe because i want possible town to stop sring him ???? or doc to be on them eventually ?????
In post 1, grapes wrote:
3) Mafia only have access to external communication with one another during the Night Phase.
There is no day talk. So cloud is either A: is mafia and pretended that he thought daytalk existed, in order to make him seem like town
or B: Cloud actually thought there was daytalk

I think most people assumed there was no daytalk, and if someone wasnt sure, they could check grapes' original post. I think move A could be a move that cloud might make if he was mafia, and he seems fairly knowledgable (says he played thousands of games) so that lessens the likelihood of B
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

i thought he was L-2 before that vote?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 97, The Turkish Delight wrote:Blueblooded, drone, desmond are the voters for cloud atm.

Cloud is on L-2 (if i've counted it right).
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 146, CloudKicker wrote:The only person that will show up and hard defend the guy is most likely going to be his partner or an actuly inexperienced player.
Any reason for saying this? Now the second mafia won't defend him, maybe we could have gotten better read on the 2nd

I think there is a slight possibility that cloud is the second mafia, he mightve went hard against his partner when he saw that hellfire was playing bad and that hellfire would probably end up being lynched anyways, so he might've tried to make himself seem more towny
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

cloud, my vote has been on hellfire for a while
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 129, Blakebtb23 wrote:So hellfire just brought it to 4 votes for cloud after 2 people said he was towny, he's highest on my suspect list, ima switch my vote to him

Unvote: desmond

Vote: Hellfire
Oh my bad, i thought i just type Vote: Player

VOTE: Hellfire missile
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Alright so I had a big midterm today and wasn't able to post till now, but i'll put some thoughts on what I just read.

I'm leaning towards Hellfire being a clueless town but I still believe he might be playing dumb because this post exhibited a lot more intelligence than all his other posts
In post 206, Hellfire Missile wrote: Gonna counter Cloud's argument(s)

Posting patterns changed:
School time, played this when ever i could

Intent to hammer:
Honestly, didnt count the votes, even if i did try, was he not on l-2? (Sounds flimsy ik) (if i'm wrong it's gonna sound even worse :/)

"Drone, I DO NOT KNOW IF THERES A DOC, I AM ASSUMING IF THERES ONE TO GET ON ME. EVEN MAFIA CANT KNOW FOR SURE THE ROLES SO YOUR READ DOESNT WORK. AND RASK COULD JUST FORM A PRETTY STUPID READ ON ME AND JUST PUSH THAT I AM OBVIOUS SCUM FOR 0 REASON. ME DOUBTING HER TODAY WHEN SHE IS LITERRALY ONE OF THE REASON WHY I AM ALIVE, WOULD BE PLAYING AGIANTS MY WIN CONDIITON. EVEN IF RASK IS MAFIA, SHE SAVED TOWN AND IS TOWN SIDING MORE THAN THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED ME, SO NO CONSIDERING HER AS MAFIA TODAY IS NOT AN ERROR"

(theres more but i don't wanna mess everything up)

Clearly, he's pretty mad/defensive, wants to lash out.
Not thinking, anger does that

Unless, he's really mafia and wants the town to lynch me.(hmm.)
Okay, how am i acting scummy? (I guess if not right now tell me when i'm dead, post it in the thread so i can read it)

So, after I'm dead, wait to see what I've flipped, then decide yeah?

But he could also just be finally getting the hang of mafia so I'm leaning town on him and will UNVOTE: Hellfire Missile

I liked Rasks posts and think she is town

I've thought Turkish was town since his fight with cloud and he hasn't posted much since so I'm still on that read

Leaning town on cloud because i think despite typing in caps and being angry he has brought up decent points that I agree with but he's also very experienced so he could be playing us

Don't know about BBT

Slight lean towards scum on desmond but thats mainly cause of his small amount of posts

I think its possible that either Tenshii or drone is scum and i'm leaning towards drone
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 40, CloudKicker wrote:
In post 37, Blakebtb23 wrote:
In post 14, The Turkish Delight wrote:This is for all,

Have you ever played mafia on another site? If yes, then how many games have you played? What were your alignments and did you win or lose? Whats your experience? I guess some is having their first ever game but wanna ask it :)
This is my first ever forum mafia game, although I have played a ton IRL, my group plays at least like twice a week. We even made a power ranking for mafia (alongside our Melee power rankings) : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1831303955
I'm blendtec in the spreadsheet

So i generally lead the discussion irl, but i'm new to forum mafia so I might be quieter here.

Right now I am slightly suspicious of desmond, he kind of jokingly accused 2 people, might be something scum would do whereas town would give a serious random vote. Toffee has been quiet for being a IC, hellfire has not spoken yet, and drone gave 1 random vote and didn't talk at all after, so those 3 are also on more my radar compared to the other people who i've been getting town vibes from. I guess I'll throw my vote for
Vote: Desmond
and see what he says
A tip, dont openly out why youre trying to achieve with a vote, rxn testing is important. Also, demond's foses were obviously empty and he never implied otherwise so that vote is 100% empty too
In post 45, Blakebtb23 wrote:
How does explaining my vote weaken the rxn test?
So before Cloud said i shouldn't explain my vote in order to get a reaction, I didn't understand that and still don't because he never answered but that's kind of why I didn't go through my whole thought process in my latest post but I will now
In post 235, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 210, Drone wrote:I didn't vote you yet, but I might missile. While you're right that Cloud's posting pattern is inconsistent, he begs for us to give him a shot. I've decided to do so. I AM going to lynch him if you flip town though.
Holy shit

VOTE: Drone
So this exchange between drone and rask made me a bit suspicious of drone, I also thought that rask could possibly be scum instead of drone because of how quick she jumped on him but since rask has been towny in her other posts so im inclined to believe her.

Then I said i think the scum could be either 1 of you or Tenshii because Tenshii just voted you and if you are actually town then that could be a bandwagon.

I didn't vote before because I didn't have a strong read on anyone but it seems like votes are thrown out a lot more liberally in forum mafia so I'll VOTE: Drone
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:25 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Cloud, so what did you think about Hellfire's posts when he was L-1? Did they move you off of him being 100% scum? I read it as he was a clueless newbie town giving up. IMO, there are three scenarios that his plea could have been:

1. Hellfire is clueless townie sort of giving up and expecting to be lynched. He stated that he only played very casual 10-30 minute games of IRL mafia so that supports this. If all of his posts were truths then I think he is town
2. Hellfire is actually very experienced and is using his newbie status to create a charade. His strat would be 1: act clueless, 2: Revenge vote someone that votes him to get more suspicion on him, 3: write out his rehearsed spazzy replies to get himself exonerated as a dumb newbie town. There is some prior evidence that supports that he knew more than he let on.
3. Hellfire is a newbie clueless scum and gave a spastic reply that luckily sounded like town to most of the people here.

I think scenario 2 seems very hard to pull off, scenario 3 is unlikely because his plea sounded genuine and towny. So I think it's scenario 1 and i'm thinking he's town.

In post 305, CloudKicker wrote:Its funny when you poke a scummy player and then hes replying and bleeding town. Desmond is wrong and the point he relieved on me are based on misunderstanding but Its a towny post nonetheless. Just ger hellfire
So now you think desmond is towny and hellfire is your only suspect. Do you have any read on the other scum?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 293, Drone wrote:Okay... Let's pretend this vote is not a shout out OMGUS. At least you back your reads I guess.

Okay, what's so suspicious in my interactions with Rask and why I shouldn't be taking your action as a jump on an existing wagon?
And I'm still waiting for an answer on Desmond and Tenshii's reads.
Tenshii's read was kind of proccess of elimination, I had towny reads on a decent amount of people but not much of a read on tenshii, I thought drone was scum so if it turned out that drone wasn't scum, then there wasn't many people I thought it could be except Tenshii who just recently voted for you.

Desmond I had a small read off his tone near the beginning of the game, but his latest post was very towny, even if I don't completely agree with cloud being scum yet.

Rask said you were scum for suggesting to lynch cloud if Hellfire flips town. If you were scum then that'd be a super strong play, but if you were very confident that at least 1 of cloud/hellfire is scum, than it's be a good play for town but a very risky one.

Also, while rereading, I noticed Turkish did the same thing that Rask accused Drone of
In post 275, The Turkish Delight wrote:I again had a quick skim. Having a guest from Ankara for the entire week (i'm in istanbul). So far, i think that one of the hellfire/cloud is town and other is mafia, too. And agreeing drone's post on first lynching hellfire and if flips town we can lynch cloud. I'm not voting cos i dont know the vote count and dont wanna hammer right away if someone is L-1.
We kind of thought turkish was town after his fight with cloud, but maybe he needs to be reconsidered.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Also, one more thing I noticed:

In post 237, Desmond wrote:@Raskolnikov: I somehow believe he is clueless vanilla. He is a distraction right now. Voting him creates a wagon where any townie and any scum can join reasoning "Yeah yeah, I agree with everybody that he is scummy". Too easy.

Part of me would like to lynch Hellfire to eliminate the distraction. But I am too much used to analyzing wagons after any lynch occurs. And this wagon gives us very very little. CloudKicker on the other hand, has said a lot, shouted a lot, people have moved on and off his wagon and I do not trust him. So my vote stays on CloudKicker.

What's so sudden about Drone?
In post 247, Desmond wrote:We can also lynch lurkers. Has IC ever been lynched Day-1?
Desmond posts these two posts shortly after Rask strongly accuses Drone. First he suggests to lynch Hellfire, then he inquires about Drone, using the word "sudden" to make it seem like its a bad lynch. Then the next post is the most suspicious to me, randomly throwing out that we should lynch the lurker at the same time that Rasks accusal of Drone is going on. He may have been trying to divert attention away from drone in these two posts.

So I think there is a possibility that it is desmond+drone. Desmonds latest post makes me less confident on this because it was very towny. My vote is stays on drone tho.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

I think desmond made some good points about cloudkicker's contradictory statements, specifically when he called cloudkicker out on teaming desmond+hellfire together, because I also did not see any evidence that pairs the two.

Also I think as a new forum player these long posts with fancy terminology automatically seem towny to me, just because I'm not used to reading well thought out arguments and am more used to reading verbal cues and tells, so I will make a more concious effort to not think of long posts automatically as towny.

Desmond also said that cloud is trying to get the easy lynch with hellfire, which I would agree is somewhat scummy, but cloud's tone has seemed towny so I am conflicted on which of them two to trust. I want to see what Cloud says about hellfire and see if his position changed at all.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Cloud, what do you think about my post about hellfire, and how likely do you still think it is that he's mafia?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 321, grapes wrote:
DAY 1 VOTECOUNT 05

Cloudkicker (2):
BlueBloodedToffee, Desmond
Drone (2):
Raskolnikov, Tenshii
Blakebtb23 (1):
Drone
Hellfire Missile (1):
Cloudkicker

Not Voting (3):
Blakebtb23, The Turkish Delight, Hellfire Missile

With 9 votes in play, 5 are needed to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-11-05 23:00:02)

LAZERHAWK - SO FAR AWAY ♬
I voted for drone in post 292

-Fixed. Would help if you voted on a separate line. And got an avatar! :D
Last edited by grapes on Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #325 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 320, CloudKicker wrote:I dont think anyone understand that hellfire is getting lynched this game, he is never going to be night killed this scummy no reads and a vanilla claim on L-1
Hmm now that I think about it, if hellfire is a vanilla townie, scum would want to keep him in the game and not lynch him tonight because
1. he is a vanilla townie, mafia can pressure a potential pr player to be lynched/claim role today instead
2. They know he is a vanilla town so they can never nightkill him and get a better shot at killing a pr player
3. Due to the possibility that hellfire is a experienced player pretending to be newbie, scum knows that hellfire will most likely be lynched eventually and they can let the other townies do that work some day in the future.

So if this is correct we can look at who is protecting hellfire because i think it would be in scum's interest to protect hellfire whether he is town or scum.
Rask and drone both protected him. I think in rask's case rask was a town that got the read off hellfire's plea that he is also town, and then accused drone because she had a genuine read on him being mafia.

Alternatively, Hellfire is a very experienced scum and is playing a character, I agree with cloud that we should not rule out this possibility yet.
As of now I would be fine with lynching hellfire if we don't have a strong mafia read, because I believe there is a legit (~35%) chance that he is scum, but I would rather try to lynch a different mafia that we are more sure about
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 210, Drone wrote:I didn't vote you yet, but I might missile. While you're right that Cloud's posting pattern is inconsistent, he begs for us to give him a shot. I've decided to do so. I AM going to lynch him if you flip town though.
In post 275, The Turkish Delight wrote:I again had a quick skim. Having a guest from Ankara for the entire week (i'm in istanbul). So far, i think that one of the hellfire/cloud is town and other is mafia, too. And agreeing drone's post on first lynching hellfire and if flips town we can lynch cloud. I'm not voting cos i dont know the vote count and dont wanna hammer right away if someone is L-1.
@Rask, drone and turkish basically said the same thing here, drone's quote made you sure he was scum while you think Turkish is obvtown, what makes you differ in your reads?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 354, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 344, Drone wrote:Also Rask, a comment on one of your suspicions on me; I play different in every game intentionally. Me being impulsive only contributes to this tendency, I believe in being unreadable.

Let's talk about me wanting to lynch Cloud day 2 if Hellfire flips town awhile ago.
I admit it's screams scum. And it also gives scum more room to slip in between our fingers, but I was really really annoyed with Cloud's logic and reasoning.
Seeing that most of the town was sheeping that made go "wtf". I got so annoyed that I just gave up and let it go, hence why I threw that comment out.

After your comment, something made rethink and now I'm pretty sure that lynching Cloud is a very bad idea.
What's sheeping?
This is the type of thing that makes me think hellfire could be playing dumb. He's stated twice before that he uses mafiascum wiki, but instead of googling "sheeping mafia" where mafiascum wiki is always the first result, he occasionally asks a question in order to keep up his act. I only noticed this because i've been googling terms that i don't know all game, so this in particular stood out to me, but i could just be overthinking this.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Ok i got an avatar
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 429, CloudKicker wrote:Also, his whole post is about scum pov, literraly. Its like he just outed his scum train of thoughts
Yes of course I outed scum train of thoughts because as town you should know how scum would think, I'm not sure how you saying that outing scum thoughts is scummy makes any sense at all, it is very towny to try to figure out what the mafia would be thinking
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (isolation #28) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 428, Creature wrote:"experienced pretending to be a newbie" is bad
What do you mean by "is bad"? That read has been me and cloud's suspicion on hellfire all game
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 422, CloudKicker wrote:Very very analitycal, his approach is kinda neutral but sounds towny, he talks a lot about town pov. His content is fine, his tone can go both ways, he also outed wierd posts overall hes not scummy but i wouldnt be surprised if he was mafia at all. The drone push is bad too, only rask's vote on drone was genuine and had legit motives. UNVOTE:
In post 423, CloudKicker wrote:
In post 325, Blakebtb23 wrote:
In post 320, CloudKicker wrote:I dont think anyone understand that hellfire is getting lynched this game, he is never going to be night killed this scummy no reads and a vanilla claim on L-1
Hmm now that I think about it, if hellfire is a vanilla townie, scum would want to keep him in the game and not lynch him tonight because
1. he is a vanilla townie, mafia can pressure a potential pr player to be lynched/claim role today instead
2. They know he is a vanilla town so they can never nightkill him and get a better shot at killing a pr player
3. Due to the possibility that hellfire is a experienced player pretending to be newbie, scum knows that hellfire will most likely be lynched eventually and they can let the other townies do that work some day in the future.

So if this is correct we can look at who is protecting hellfire because i think it would be in scum's interest to protect hellfire whether he is town or scum.
Rask and drone both protected him. I think in rask's case rask was a town that got the read off hellfire's plea that he is also town, and then accused drone because she had a genuine read on him being mafia.

Alternatively, Hellfire is a very experienced scum and is playing a character, I agree with cloud that we should not rule out this possibility yet.
As of now I would be fine with lynching hellfire if we don't have a strong mafia read, because I believe there is a legit (~35%) chance that he is scum, but I would rather try to lynch a different mafia that we are more sure about
Like honestly, this post is textbook mafia. I kinda didnt realize since i was focused on hellfire/desmond
So your stance completely flipped after reading one post? Explain how that post is textbook mafia because instead of a towny post, because that claim makes zero sense to me right now
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

So Charloux still hasn't given any thoughts yet, what do you think Charloux?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 469, Charloux wrote:I forgot to clarify: I am following the game since page 13 and will keep it at that unless there is something specific i need to check. Was my impression on you from Page 13 till now.
Why would you not read the whole thread?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 474, Raskolnikov wrote:Second guessing some things now rip.

Blake you haven't really said anything about drone since you voted him, why is that?
My read on drone was never super strong and also I think i'm bad at pressuring people in forum mafia so I wanted to sit back and see what other people had to say. Plus I was waiting for charloux and creature to make their first posts and get discussion moving again, but charloux never really said anything meaningful at all.

Right now I'm still leaning towards desmond and drone as mafia with the same reasons as before, although desmond has been slowly seeming more towny and drone just voted for desmond so I'm backing off the desmond read slightly

Creature and charloux are null in my eyes and it could easily be one of them. Charloux has been acting dumb by not saying any reads and not even reading the whole thread, and creature is very vague in his reads and I was also questioning turkish before but then he got removed and that never got answered.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (isolation #33) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

VOTE: hellfire missile
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #631 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Okay I've been somewhat quiet for a bit so I think it's time for a long post.

First, the suspicion on me. I know it was bad to not explain my hellfire vote at all, but i'll try to explain what I was thinking. At that point of the game, the game was dragging to me, day 1 had gone on for a few weeks with not that much new stuff each day. I didn't have the desire to read thoroughly and make good posts everyday. When I saw Rasks post about hellfire and tenshii's vote, I voted hellfire without any explanation. My thought process was this: "I want day 1 to end already, it seems like everyone is putting their final vote in, I have explained in the past why I think its good to lynch Hellfire, and even if this seems suspicious then its whatever because I know i'm town and that means everyone that lynched me was the dumb one, not me, so I'll vote hellfire and log off until day 2." In retrospect, my mindset was really bad, if I get lynched it is my fault for not seeming towny and making good posts, which is why I've been rereading and making this long post, because I know if it'd be my fault if I get lynched and town loses.

One point against me being mafia and about my hellfire vote: If I was mafia, I would be much more interested in this game. I would have known simply voting Hellfire would seem suspicious, so I would have put much more thought into that post. Instead, I was town, I thought "I dont really give a shit I just want day 2 already"

Another point: You guys think me and Tenshii are mafia, in post 565 tenshii naked voted for hellfire, in 567 i naked voted for hellfire. If I was mafia I would not be that stupid to make the exact post that my mafia partner just made, at the very least I would back it up with some evidence.

If I could rewrite the post, I would add my previous thoughts on Hellfire:

So back in day 1 I didn't really have a read on tenshii, and that's why I didn't think twice before voting hellfire immediately after him, but I reread him, and honestly I could not get the scum read that you all are getting from him. I think most of your reads stem from the fact that you think I am mafia, and that Tenshii has twice stated i'm towny or backed me up. Tenshii stated these about me right here:
In post 392, Tenshii wrote:
In post 362, Drone wrote:[1] The IC has been prodded, posted he'll post, and still he's yet to do so. If you think that I depend on the IC to move things you're wrong.
[2] I'd like a few examples from the Hellfire/Cloud wagon you're talking about I'd also like to add in the fact you haven't commented even once about my interactions with Cloud or Hellfire. [3] Your read on Cloud was that he's scum.
[4] I think your scum read and vote on me are opportunistic.

[5] While you're explaining what's with the opportunism, I would like you to comment on my latest posts, Blake interactions and why suddenly you're not thinking Cloud is scum.
1. So going onto to Day 2 with a slot that basically hasn't posted anything is fine with you? You're denying all kinds of potential D1 information on that slot.
2. Considering that my reasons for voting for you were related to the Hellfire/Cloud wagons, this is a misrep.
3. Reads can change. I even outted a townread on him in the same post I voted you.
4. I think you're just calling things opportunistic because you don't have an actual defense.
5. Leaning town on Blake. Cloud seems too out there and grabbing so much attention to be scum.
In post 444, Tenshii wrote:
In post 423, CloudKicker wrote:Like honestly, this post is textbook mafia. I kinda didnt realize since i was focused on hellfire/desmond
What is "textbook mafia" about it?
So in my mind, I know I'm town, so it doesn't make sense for Tenshii to back me up. I admit I was seeming kind of scummy with my lack of posts, so I think if Tenshii was mafia, he would definitely at least show he was suspicious about me. The only thing that makes sense is if Tenshii is town and got a legitimate town read on me from early gam when I was posting more frequently.

That said, I still found something that might be contradictory in Tenshii's iso, although it might be too far apart to consider. He talks about how its bad to wagon hellfire but then he says its good to wagon hellfire:
In post 359, Tenshii wrote:
My thoughts on Hellfire:

The wagon is bad. There's also a lot of talk for him faking his experience but no one is considering the idea of him being a newb at first and then learning through strategy guides on wiki. He posted about it on The only thing you could perceive as scummy is his accidental "hammer." And I can see this coming from newbtown. Note that this was before his 139.
In post 608, Tenshii wrote:
In post 570, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Perhaps they were swayed by Raskol's post explaining the safety of lynching Hellfire.
Essentially this. I don't like the idea of Hellfire being alive in future days. The best thing to his name is some reactions. I'm not down to commit to a townread when the only information to read him off of will essentially be posts like these. Today is the best day for policy.
As of now I don't have a vote because I only iso'd Tenshii, and I don't think it makes sense for him not to target me if he was mafia, because I know I'm town. I will try to iso more people and get a vote either tonight or tommorow
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #633 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

What happened to everyone's scum read on desmond? Lot's of people seemed strong on that read, including me and rask. Desmond left and became ssbm kyouko, he made 1 post about me and tenshii being scum, and all of a sudden you all forgot that he used to be Desmond and blindly followed his read. I think that Desmond got replaced by a fairly skilled player, kyouku, he read thoroughly and found a way to target two of the weaker town players. I'm going to vote for kyouko, and I think his partner is either Charloux or Creature.

VOTE: SSBM Kyouko

One last thing for everyone who is on the Tenshii/Blake bandwagon. You say that Tenshii is scummy and I am just following him, so my mafia status is tied to Tenshii also being mafia, but Tenshii's mafia status is independent of me. Wouldn't it make more sense to lynch Tenshii first, if he's mafia then your reads on me are justified, but if he flips town then your reads on me are unjustified. If you lynch me first and I flip town, I fear you still might lynch Tenshii, and we would lose the game with 3 ML's
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #634 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 632, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Creature why did you hammer without giving me an opportunity to push Tenshii further? There was still plenty of time to deadline at that point, at least I thought so.

Also Blake, I thought you were scum because I thought Tenshii was scum, not the other way around. My opinions remain unchanged thus far but I haven't gone back to look at raskol's reads. I was unsure of her alignment yesterday
What were your reads on Tenshii being scum?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #642 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 636, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Here is what I see from Tenshii (and Blake) that makes me suspicious of him. All of this hinges on Cloud and Hellfire being TvT, and I think it's fair to say that that is the case this game, unless someone has some compelling cloud evidence they'd like to reveal.

I also thought Tenshii's and Blake's were really weird together. Why is Blake repeating Tenshii's question for him, especially when Blake, to this point, at least reads turkish as a townlean? This is what initially aroused my suspicion during the reread.
So before Tenshii asked cloud about turkish, I was already wondering about turkish. Tenshii asks the question, and i'm waiting for cloud to answer, but he posts multiple comments and ignores the question. He dodged the question, so I asked again.

Put yourself in my shoes, and assume me and Tenshii are mafia. I am a first time forum player, I just drew the mafia card. One of the main things I would always be thinking about is my interactions with my partner mafia, specifically do not partner up with him. That is the super basics of playing as mafia. So, if we were both mafia, I would have to be so stupid to make those comments aligning myself with Tenshii. In reality, I am town, and didn't think twice about asking the same question as Tenshii or following Tenshii's votes.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #644 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 636, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
It seems like overall people are unable to read Tenshii as town. He's either null or scum to a lot of people. I may have missed it, but has anyone actually outed a town read on Tenshii thus far? I think Creature is the only one to out Blake as town but please correct me if I'm wrong. It was a long first day and I was only in it for a few irl days so I had to read straight through the thread without having time to think over posts as they happened.
In 125 and 282 Cloud read Tenshii as town
In post 637, Drone wrote:I have to say that I've seen Tenshii and Blake mentioned together way too much.
I didn't like and still don't like either of them. (game-wise).
Blake's attempting at a bus.
Despite Kyouko's extensive post on me/tenshii I am leaning towards Tenshii being town for the fact that he twice either backed me up or passed up a chance to wagon me. I think if he was mafia he would latch on to a chance to wagon an admittedly suspicious town. Since I know for sure I am town, his actions don't make sense to me if he is mafia
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #646 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 638, Drone wrote:@Blake
The main thoughts on Desmond being scum came from Cloud's pushing. And after I received some stings from Desmond, I don't think he's scum.

But let's turn back a moment, instead of trying to revive easy wagons, tell me why won't you vote me again? What happened to your reads on me?
So originally, before I voted for you, I had a slight scummy read on you. Then Rask, someone who I thought was very towny, comes and gives a good argument for why you are scum. I felt that since I'm a inexperienced player it'd be best for town if I followed Rask's reads, since I thought Rask was a very experience town, and probably had good reads. Also tied into my read on you was that desmond was also scum, as well as the fact that you scum read me for what I thought was dumb reasons. Since then, you and desmond have had conversations which make me think it is not both of you, and I began to understand why you were reading me as scum. As I reread it genuinely sounded like you believe me and tenshii are scum, instead of you just trying to lynch a town. So now I am leaning town on you.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #650 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

@drone, I dont think buddying should be only seen as a scummy move. Part of my goal as town is to not get mislynched, so if I think buddying up to rask will help me not get mislynched, then that is a towny move and that is why I buddied up to rask
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #653 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Yes I didn't say "hey guys I'm buddying up to rask" because buddying is seen as a scumtell, but I think it shouldn't be seen as scummy because it can be effective for town as well, especially newer town
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #660 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:35 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 648, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I think the only person who voted Hellfire yesterday and thought he was scum was you cloud, and I'm not even sure if you thought he was scum. I understand why he was lynched (see the end of raskol's ISO), but I think everyone involved knew he was town. I don't know what Drone or Charloux thought of him. They may have been in my boat, sure he was town and unwilling to intentionally lynch town even for policy reasons. I don't even think it makes sense to lynch him over no-lynch now that I think about it. Assuming mafia won't NK him because he's claimed VT, mafia are no more likely to hit power roles than they would be if he was lynched. Either way, they are aiming at the same number of people, only now, town has 1 less vote in the day. I think raskol's intentions were good but reasoning was flawed. I'm not rushing this lynch, but I'm not prepared to back down from this. I agree we need Tenshii, Creature, Charloux content.

pedit: Blake - If you think Drone is town being misled by scum Desmond/Me slot, then what makes you think that I'm conjuring up these arguments out of thin air? If you could persuade me I was wrong about this I might reconsider it. Right now nothing I'm seeing from you is making me second guess myself. I think if you were town I would be getting bad vibes about this.
I don't think you're argument is out of thin air, I think it's very valid and you are less scummy now in my eyes. If Tenshii never backed me up then I would think he's scum because what you said about tenshii makes sense. But backing up a suspicious town(me) twice doesnt make sense to me. Tommorow I'm going to reread you and read creature and charlouxs slots and see from there because those two are still suspicious to me
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #681 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:22 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 673, Drone wrote:I know not to worry about Raskolnikov's alignment on day 1, what I've been looking for is those who go with them the most. In our case, Tenshii and Blake.
After the flip, I became sure that it's almost guranteed that one of them is scum.
Siding with a globally agreed town and then nking that player is a smart way to earn town points.

@Creature
Why did you vote Tenshii so quickly? If you explain as much detailed as you can, it will help me tons.

@Kyouku
Don't know about Char, but I'm getting a hint about Creature.

@Blake
Who's Tenshii's scumbuddy in your opinion? Assuming that Tenshii flips scum.
If Tenshii flips scum then I think kyouko is town because of his writeup on me/tenshii. Cloud and Drone are also town for me right now. That leaves Charloux and creature, so I would say it'd be Charloux, who is the only person I could possibly see paired with tenshii besides me. Charloux voted for me over tenshii and also asked me to claim my role. That is why I don't think tenshii is scum, it only makes sense for him to be paired with me, and since I know I'm town then it's hard to see him being scum.

So if you all still can't get off the tenshii/blake wagon, please lynch tenshii first. I think it's 40/60 he flips scum. If he does, then i'd probably be lynched next day, which id be ok with as town because we traded 1 town for 1 mafia. If he flips town then I hope it'd be clear that I am also town and then we don't mislynch 2 towns. If you lynch me first then you might get 2 town mislynches which would lose us the game.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #691 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

UNVOTE: Kyouku
I like Kyouku's posts more and more, specifically when he said he's paranoid about how fast the votes on me were piling up

In post 662, Charloux wrote:Checking in, and i see no one even bothered to do a vote analysis. Who was the guy who proposed a policy lynch (Cloud right?) That idiot is most likely town... Kyouko's behavior around the hammer feels town as well, why bother with Blake when you can hammer in the name of policy lynches! Drone and i weren't online at that time, so nothing can be said about us. But Drone should be obvtown, so that should leave the lynchpool for everybody down to Tenshii, Blake, Creature and me. It's easier for me to decide who to vote though:

VOTE: Blake L-1
Charloux's lynchpool is the same as mine atm, and I know I am town so that leaves tenshii creature and charloux.
Charloux has twice asked for claims, from hellfire and me, well before it was time to claim. He did not even have a vote on either of us when he asked for the claim, and I was L-2.

Tenshii's latest post has upped his scum possibility in my eyes a ton, he ignored all the accusations against him and asked 4 seperate questions, then went v/la for 3 days.

No one can pressure Tenshii right now so i'm going to pressure Charloux
VOTE: Charloux
Why are you so anxious for people to claim? Day 2 just started
Why vote and push for me instead of Tenshii?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #695 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 694, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:My phone wasn't letting me type words just now but the comma showed up. Reset my phone.
Tenshii, the reason I was satisfied by 575 was that Charloux was Willing to go after someone besides Hell. His vote on Blake is probably what prompted me to look back on a few players in iso and got me on the trail of Blake+Tenshii. See my 690 for why I tr cloud. Drone was one of the first if not the first and perhaps the only player to try to diffuse the situation between cloud and hellfire when it was getting out of hand.
So does it not make sense that scum would want to keep Hellfire around? I stated this in this post before:

So let's look at it from the POV that Charloux is scum and I am town. Before posting 575, Charloux knows Hellfire is probably getting lynched, but he knows the only other chance of someone getting lynched is me. Charloux knows me and hellfire are town, and he would obviously want me lynched over hellfire because hellfire was a near guaranteed lynch/unproductive town player in future days. So by voting me he either A: Gets a better town player lynched and saves a town that will surely be lynched in the future, or B: gains towny points in day 2 because the other town notices that he did not vote for someone that flipped town.

From my POV on the hellfire, I think hellfire is likely to be town but there is a chance he is scum, so since we didn't have a better read at the time, it was a much better and safer vote to vote hellfire rather than gamble on accidently lynching a productive town/outing a power role
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #697 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 696, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I see what your POV was, but I took raskol's advice to be true for granted. I think no lynch would have been better than hellfire (because I had no doubt he and Cloud were town). With him alive we'd be at 8 alive and 5 to lynch which makes it much harder for scum to influence mislynches. I think the 3 points you made in 325 aren't valid. For 1, it is harder for scum to push on town when there are more town alive. 2, the chance of mafia NKing a pr player is the same whether or not Hellfire is: alive and known vanilla, or: dead. Either way, mafia has 6 targets. I don't acknowledge 3 as a possibility, but I understand that some people disagree with me on this, and thinking he was faking is NAI to me.
Okay I understand now why point 2 was wrong, but I still think point 1 was valid. Mafia knows he is vanilla townie and he will probably get lynched a future night, so they can gamble on trying to lynch/out a PR or a good town instead of gaining a mediocre mislynch.

I now agree no lynch would have been a better option but for some reason no one brought it up as a serious option after I posted that post.

What do you think about Charloux, do you think there's a chance you're wrong about me and think that he is mafia?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #702 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Drone were you talking to me or kyouko
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #709 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

I would be fine with a Tenshii lynch because after that V/LA post his scum suspicion raised a lot in my eyes. It is also much better than lynching me because when I flip town you guys still might lynch tenshii and he could possibly flip town and then we'd lose. If Tenshii flips mafia then you guys will probably lynch me but then it is still 2 town - 1 mafia so we have a shot and i think my town flip would give a lot of info.

If Tenshii does flip town then where does everyones reads go? Am i still suspicious?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #796 (isolation #49) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

UNVOTE: Charloux
I was thinking that fake cop bait might be the play you were doing because nothing else made sense, and since you revealed it after pressure i'm confident you are town now.

Tenshii's latest posts have been pretty good, I no longer think he is a good lynch, so if he is town then that means kyuoko was pushing on two towns which both would be mislynches and would've won mafia the game

Don't forget that Kyuoko used to be desmond who many people scumread, this along with Kyouko's latest posts makes me think he is scum
VOTE: Kyouku

As for the second mafia, I didn't think it was Drone anymore until he went after Cloud, who almost everyone had a strong townread on, so Drone maybe you can convince me why you think cloud is scum, but right now your vote looks super scummy.

So if it is Drone+Kyouko then that means my original read of Drone+Desmond was right. But don't forget they did go after eachother at one point which made me think it wasn't both of them, I gotta go reread that and see if it was a fake fight.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #797 (isolation #50) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Kyouko also hopped off the Blake/tenshii wagon once he realized it was gonna be hard to get a lynch off it and then tried to rally people against Charloux since he thought I was still firmly against Charloux, but that isn't the case anymore for me after Charloux's recent post
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #798 (isolation #51) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Here was where my original suspicion of Drone+Desmond came from btw
In post 308, Blakebtb23 wrote:Also, one more thing I noticed:

In post 237, Desmond wrote:@Raskolnikov: I somehow believe he is clueless vanilla. He is a distraction right now. Voting him creates a wagon where any townie and any scum can join reasoning "Yeah yeah, I agree with everybody that he is scummy". Too easy.

Part of me would like to lynch Hellfire to eliminate the distraction. But I am too much used to analyzing wagons after any lynch occurs. And this wagon gives us very very little. CloudKicker on the other hand, has said a lot, shouted a lot, people have moved on and off his wagon and I do not trust him. So my vote stays on CloudKicker.

What's so sudden about Drone?
In post 247, Desmond wrote:We can also lynch lurkers. Has IC ever been lynched Day-1?
Desmond posts these two posts shortly after Rask strongly accuses Drone. First he suggests to lynch Hellfire, then he inquires about Drone, using the word "sudden" to make it seem like its a bad lynch. Then the next post is the most suspicious to me, randomly throwing out that we should lynch the lurker at the same time that Rasks accusal of Drone is going on. He may have been trying to divert attention away from drone in these two posts.

So I think there is a possibility that it is desmond+drone. Desmonds latest post makes me less confident on this because it was very towny. My vote is stays on drone tho.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #800 (isolation #52) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

kyouko what do you think about Charloux saying it was a fake cop bait, you never replied after he said that
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #803 (isolation #53) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Ok. If it wasn't originally a bait, what do you think the intention of his first two cop posts were
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #807 (isolation #54) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Mainly 729 and 786, but also everything in between those also
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #810 (isolation #55) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 804, CloudKicker wrote:@kyouko i outed several reads/remarks on you etc and you ingnored them, wasnt straight up questions tho

@blake your last posts were good imo, some good lines, why did you initially sr drone ?
Rask's accusal of Drone in 235 made me slightly suspicious of Drone along with his response, and then when i stated i was suspicious of him in 285, his response made me more suspicious and got me to vote, because he started citing how much everyone had posted which I thought was very dumb evidence
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #829 (isolation #56) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 822, Drone wrote:
In post 796, Blakebtb23 wrote:UNVOTE: Charloux
I was thinking that fake cop bait might be the play you were doing because nothing else made sense, and since you revealed it after pressure i'm confident you are town now.

Tenshii's latest posts have been pretty good, I no longer think he is a good lynch, so if he is town then that means kyuoko was pushing on two towns which both would be mislynches and would've won mafia the game

Don't forget that Kyuoko used to be desmond who many people scumread, this along with Kyouko's latest posts makes me think he is scum
VOTE: Kyouku

As for the second mafia, I didn't think it was Drone anymore until he went after Cloud, who almost everyone had a strong townread on,
so Drone maybe you can convince me why you think cloud is scum
, but right now your vote looks super scummy.

So if it is Drone+Kyouko then that means my original read of Drone+Desmond was right. But don't forget they did go after eachother at one point which made me think it wasn't both of them, I gotta go reread that and see if it was a fake fight.
I voted someone who people think is town. That's scummy?
Terrible.
Yes if you vote for someone that most people have thought was town without giving a good reason then that is somewhat scummy. I asked you to convince me about why you think Cloud is scum, but instead you called me terrible. So explain your cloud vote in depth please.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #886 (isolation #57) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Alright i just caught up.
Kyouko is now off the Tenshii wagon, if scum are kyouko and drone then kyouko probably is accepting drone is lynched tonight, and he would know he needs 2 mislynches to win, so i'm not sure he would get off the tenshii wagon at this point so his towny-ness is raised slightly imo. His win condition would probably be to get creature and charloux lynched because he just townread me and tenshii.

I agree with cloud that drone is super scummy right now, his cloud vote and explanation makes no sense. He says if cloud PR-read tenshii, he would dissolve the wagon. A town would gain much more from dissolving that wagon than a mafia would. The town would save the PR from claiming.

UNVOTE: kyouko

Either kyouko or creature is the second
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #890 (isolation #58) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:14 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 888, Drone wrote:Don't want a* pr claim.
It's long but I can explain this if you're willing.
yes please
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #975 (isolation #59) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Cloud nooooo that's the most wildcard play I've ever seen and I've played with some wildcards in my time
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #977 (isolation #60) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

There's no way he would self lynch if he was scum, hes definitely town
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #983 (isolation #61) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Ok it's crazy that 3 of you actually voted for cloudkicker cause that means at least 1 of you were town which is such a bad vote, he was so obviously town. I think Charloux was the town that voted him, even though it was still a dumbass vote. The other two mafia are most likely Kyouko and Drone, although Creature has a outside chance of being scum. Everything Kyouko did was super scummy, especially voting cloudkicker. Listen to Cloud's last words, he wouldn't have self lynched if he wasn't sure of his reads

VOTE: Kyouko
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #986 (isolation #62) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

So no one died, that means either it was a bulletproof or a doc save? idk what gets written if a doc saves, IRL we know who got attempted to be killed but maybe its different here. If it's bulletproof should they claim right now? mafia knows who they are and that they are bullet proof. If its doc and cop and they saved a vanilla should they all claim? that'd be three conftowns
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #989 (isolation #63) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

How does killer was jailed work with two mafia, who was assigned to be the killer that night
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1049 (isolation #64) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

So if no one's claiming im guessing its a tracker/doctor setup, because cop would have claimed by now, 1shot bulletproof i think should have claimed if they got shot, and tracker/doctor would stay quiet and the doctor also explains at least one of the no kills.
So i think No lynch is best

VOTE: no lynch
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1069 (isolation #65) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

UNVOTE: No lynch

Kyouko's claim looks real good, makes sense why we had 2 straight no night kills. So you targeted drone N2, and you're assuming he was selected to make the kill so he got blocked. Would it make sense for mafia to have drone make the kill again, and risk getting blocked again? I think it still holds up that drone is scum, it's just something to think about. They might've thought it was a doctor save or a 1 shot bp so they didn't care that drone killed twice in a row. Before your claim i thought it was you and drone with a lesser sr on creature, now i'm firmly in the drone/creature camp. Tenshii could be scum over creature atm, but i'm leaning creature

Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1121 (isolation #66) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Drone, are you the roleblocker?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1123 (isolation #67) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Just trying to bait him, we do that irl all the time but I guess it doesn't work as well on forum without reactions. We'll see what he says
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1128 (isolation #68) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Creature why are you not willing to hammer
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1160 (isolation #69) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Ok guys, I am one shot bulletproof. This means there is a Roleblocker in game, most likely Creature was RB and blocked and killed ssbm. There is an off chance that Creature is not RB and it was actually Charloux/Tenshii, but I think we should trust ssbm’s read and vote Creature.
VOTE: Creature
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1161 (isolation #70) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Should be common sense, but do not put him to L-1 until everyone gets a chance to talk, if somehow i'm wrong and it is Tenshii/Charloux, then they can hammer and win. Just discussion for now.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1163 (isolation #71) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Why? You or Charloux could be RB instead of Creature, and either of you could have killed ssbm. Unlikely considering ssbm's read on Creature, but possible. Oh and by Charloux/Tenshii, I mean one of the 2
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1165 (isolation #72) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

I’m writing this at the start of Day 5. SSBM_Kyouko inspired me when he did this, as it’s seemed like a very good strat so I will be following his lead. I will reveal when someone counterclaims BP.

I wake up from my nap and check my mafia game. I am excited because I know if there is no kill, then creature was most likely goon and was jailkept by ssbm and we won. I expected this going in, as I was hoping there was no BP/roleblocker, but unfortunately, ssbm died. I immediately said fuck out loud as I knew we were in a tough spot now. I knew that must mean either two things:
1. Creature roleblocked ssbm and ssbm was killed.
2. Creature was not scum, Charloux/Tenshii were and killed ssbm. They can be either goon or RB.
Either way, I knew a BP claim would be most likely be among the first to happen. So i checked what I would think if each person claimed BP in each scenario:

1.Creature: If creature claims BP when he was actually RB, the real BP would immediately Counterclaim. This would be either Tenshii or Charloux. I would not be comfortable in choosing who is telling the truth and I think this would end up as a 50/50 for me.

2.Creature: If creature claims BP and is actually BP, the RB in Tenshii/Charloux can CC and create a 50/50, same as above

1.Tenshii/Charloux: Tenshii/Charloux claims BP and is actually BP. In this case, Creature as RB would be forced to CC. We would most likely not believe Creature and lynch him. But this creates a problem if it’s actually 2.Tenshii/Charloux

2.Tenshii/Charloux: Tenshii/Charloux claims BP and is actually RB/goon. This is such a dangerous scenario, and the primary reason I’m making this post. If they are goon, they know no one will CC them. If they are RB, this play is a lot less likely to happen, but they could gamble on Creature being BP and counterclaiming, in which case we would believe Tenshii/Charloux and lose.

Then I thought, what happens if I claim BP and vote for Creature? 2 scenarios:

1: The real BP counterclaims
-At this point I release this post explaining my intentions
-I think I can be confident that whoever CC’ed me is telling the truth and is actually BP. I do not think a Tenshii/Charloux vanilla goon would CC me since I am pushing onto Creature. This means that Creature was most likely RB, with an outside chance the remaining Tenshii/Charloux is RB. We lynch Creature here
-A third scenario is where Creature as RB counterclaims, then the real BP claims. This would be very good, and I would be confident Creature is actually RB.

2: There is no CC which means this set is probably vanilla goon in Tenshii/Charloux
-Everyone would trust me and be onboard with lynching Creature. This includes the vanilla goon in Tenshii/Charloux. Depending on how they react I hope we can get info to make it better than a 50/50 between them.
-As I was writing this, I realized the possibility of vanilla goon counterclaiming BP. This would be bad. But I do not think they immediately will whereas a real BP immediately would. I think vanilla goon would ride the Creature wagon.
-No one will vote until everyone has had a chance to not CC. Before anyone votes, I will unvote and post this. Then we will lynch Tenshii/Charloux.

For this play to work I need you all to trust me after i post this, if there is a CC. ssbm said I was the most town due to me and drone pushing hard against eachother all game, you need to trust that read from ssbm and not think I was gaming you. I believe I am the best person to do this play because I believe you will trust me after the fallout, due to ssbm’s read on me. Let’s hope this worked. Personally, what I’m hoping to come out of this is a Tenshii/Charloux BP claim, then we lynch Creature. Regardless of what happens, I think we will gain more info and reactions with this play then without.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1166 (isolation #73) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

So tldr, I fake claimed BP to get a reaction from the real BP before the RB could claim first. I felt that if anyone claimed BP, it would turn into a 50/50 in my eyes. But if I claimed and someone CC'ed, I would know they are telling the truth. Now I'm confident Tenshii is BP and Creature is almost surely Roleblocker
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1170 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

I wasn't sure that Creature was scum before today. I thought it could also easily be you or Charloux. That's why I did this play, because I wanted to be confident that whoever claimed BP was telling the truth. If I hadn't done this and you and Creature both claimed, I wouldn't know who to trust and it would be a near 50/50. I would still probably lean towards creature being scum, because him being roleblocker and blocking ssbm adds up. I also trust ssbm's final read on creature. ssbm also said watch out for you, but you are confirmed BP in my eyes.

So now for me, I have to decide about Charloux vs Creature. I think Charloux has been way more towny, and I also was swayed from his fake cop claim play. What are your reads on it being Charloux over Creature? I'm open to changing my mind if you can convince me, but I'm firmly in Creature's camp right now
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1178 (isolation #75) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

UNVOTE: creature
No need to put him at L-1 yet, a Tenshii quickhammer would be heartbreaking, although I am very confident he is town at this point.

Ok Creature, convince me you ain't scum.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1182 (isolation #76) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

so who do you think is scum
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1185 (isolation #77) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

It's possible there was 0 scum in it. What do you think about it?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1186 (isolation #78) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Before the night, you said you were confident Charloux was town. Today, youve said me and Tenshii are very towny. Why did you think Charloux was town, and do you still think that?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1193 (isolation #79) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Not necessarily, I think its more indicative of a bad player, but it could be scummy

So creature it sounds like you're scum reading charloux, but at the end of last day you said you were very confident Charloux was town, can you explain were that read came from and what changed for you since then. Also please stop being so vague in everything you do because we have made very little progress today
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1196 (isolation #80) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

I assume you're saying you townread charloux for the same reasons, but do you still town read charloux?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1199 (isolation #81) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

I just reread pages 30-32, everyone should do the same, I feel like that's where a lot of info about charloux and creature and there interactions with drone.

Creatures latest posts along with Tenshii's townread of him made me want to reread him and charloux thoroughly

For me what it comes down to is charloux's fake cop play. Initially I town read this, but after rereading while keeping in mind that he would be roleblocker if he was scum, it made me scumread the play a lot more. If he's RB, he knows its either a cop or BP setup. He knows his play might get the cop to claim, which char can then say his claim was a fake claim like he did, and then RB the cop at night. If it was the BP setup, he can stay with a vague cop claim or he can say it was a fake claim to gain some town credit. He might also get a read on who is BP/JK and be able to roleblocker them

We can also look at why they let drone do two night kills in a row. Charloux might have suspected it was BP setup, and might have been worried the jailkeeper would jail him based on his weird cop play. He would let drone kill. Then they must have assumed they hit the BP, because they let drone kill again.

Finally, charloux put creature at L-1 right away today. I feel like all town would be suspicious of everyone, and would not risk a L-1 in MyLo. I was 95% sure Tenshii was town, but there's no reason to risk that 5% when we still can discuss a lot. I feel as if Charloux knew for sure Tenshii was town, and the only way charloux would know that is if he is the mafia.

As for Creature, I scumread you because all your posts are so short and vague and never had any explanations, it just seemed so different than everyone else that I scumread you. When you unvoted Tenshii on page 30, it made me start to townread you. Even though you didn't say anything, I could infer that you were scared that charloux would hammer because you scumread charloux, so you got rid of the L-1, that was a very towny move.

One last thing on Charloux, his reasoning for voting cloud was atrocious, as was everyone elses. He said he was sick of how cloud bullied people, it sounds like an easy excuse to join the wagon, when in reality it was a vote that had nothing backed in gameplay.

Sorry for no quotes, Im on mobile. But ya, that's where I stand now after doing a bit of rereading. Reread 30-32 please.

VOTE: charloux
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1202 (isolation #82) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Do we really have two dumbass towns this game in you and cloud? Just respond to the post and try to convince me scum is creature, no need to be a baby
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1204 (isolation #83) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Ok make a post on the scum motivation that creature has shown then
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1212 (isolation #84) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Tenshii can you make a vote and/or an argument for someone, it seems like you're the only one capable of taking initiative out of you three
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1214 (isolation #85) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Tenshii, can you explain your townread on Creature?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1226 (isolation #86) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

UNVOTE: Human sequencer
I like the logic and i'm glad charloux is gone.

i'll probably vote for creature soon but first I wanna hear why tenshii townread creature and if he's still townreading him
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1248 (isolation #87) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Sorry for not posting the last few days, I was busy and was conflicted on whether to vote creature or human. I'll most likely vote tonight if I can come to a decision after rereading

Creature, can you explain the vote progression that human gave as evidence against you?

Tenshii, explain why you have been townreading creature all game, convince me that he's town
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1256 (isolation #88) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Creature explain your vote on me please, and also defend your drone vote progression that human used as evidence against you
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1257 (isolation #89) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Should we no lynch or make a decision?
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1259 (isolation #90) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

What happens after 30 mins
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1260 (isolation #91) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Should I vote for human, thats what I'm leaning enrn
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1261 (isolation #92) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Rn*
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1274 (isolation #93) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:14 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

Tenshii obviously got saved by 1 shot, there was no real reason for scum to kill someone besides tenshii because he's the only confirmed town
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1283 (isolation #94) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

ok right now im leaning towards human being scum, probably 70:30 with the 30 percent chance that creature is scum. I don't think it will get better than that so Im gonna vote for human.

VOTE: Human

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”