Newbie 1377: A New Matrix (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Newbie 1377: A New Matrix (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:32 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Spoiler: Alive
Gravija
Bulbazak
SafetyDance (SE)
Debonair Danny DiPietro
BBmolla (IC)
goodmorning

Spoiler: Dead
Klick,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 1.
Thurhame,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 1
Belisarius,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 2.
New Coldness,
Town Jailkeeper
, killed Night 4.
GuyInfreezer,
mafia Goon
, lynched Day 5.
T S O,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 5.

The IC is here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by this wiki article.

Spoiler: Rules (Stolen from Rhinox with modifications who stole from Faraday with some modifications who stole them from Hoopla with some modifications):
> Fundamental

1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3) Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM.
4) Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring personal grudges into the game. Try and keep it civil. If you cross 'the line' I'll step in. Said line will be judged by me.

> Voting, Lynching & Death

5) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: Voidedmafia
. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded. The vote tags are also appropriate for voting.
5a) Broken bold tags won't count. Mispellings or shortened names are ok as long as it is clear who you are voting. If I can't tell who you're voting, it won't count.
5b) Abbreviations are also ok, so long as we know who you're talking about. (For example, using
Vote: VM
to vote me is acceptable).
5c) VOTES MUST BE ON A COMPLETELY SEPARATE LINE FROM ANY OTHER TEXT! Any votes that are NOT on a separate line WILL NOT BE COUNTED EVER, and I will NOT be flexible on this. You either have it on it's own line, or suck it up.
6) Unvotes aren't necessary before placing a new vote. Unvotes are necessary if you want to completely remove your vote. Please bold your unvotes or use the unvote tags. It is not necessary to name the player you are unvoting.
7) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes - a majority (for example, if there's 5 people left, there needs to be 3 votes to lynch someone; if there's 4 left, there still needs to be 3). When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
8) You may vote for a no lynch if desired. If at least 50% of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch (if there are 5 people left in the game, 3 need to vote for a no-lynch; if 4 are left, 2 need to).
9) Once you're dead, you are dead. You are allowed one more post WITHOUT information in it. Something like saying "Darn, I was NKed!" or "Bah!" (or even a picture of a sheep with "baaah" as the caption) is fine.

> Activity & Deadlines

10) Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active.
11) Prods will be issued after 72 hours in a row without posting. If I keep having to prod you (up to 3-4 times) I'll get angry and replace you. I'm human and I may forget so if you want someone prodded just tell me.
11a) If you do not open or otherwise respond to a prod within 24 hours of it being sent I will begin looking for a replacement. Note that responding to a prod prior to me finding a replacement will let you keep your spot, but once I find one then you're out of luck.
12) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time (usually longer than a week) I will replace you.
13) Deadlines for the each game day will be 2 weeks.

14) In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will no lynch. No pluralities for lynching.
15) Nights will have a 72 hour deadline. If you fail to send in a night choice, I will automatically default to 'no choice' for that night, and you will do nothing. The night scene may not exactly be up after 72 hours, but give or take an hour or 10 and it will be.
16) Deadlines will only be extended if I need a number of replacements, or barring some other freak circumstances (requiring V/LAs beyond the deadline, for example). Apart from that, laziness, or anything else, will not result in a deadline extension.
16a) Do note, however, that due to my work schedule I may not be able to open or close the thread at the same time as the deadline. I expect each of you to not push things by doing actions after the deadline's over or talking in the QT after it's over (if you're Mafia), as these can and will be punished by force-replacement or modkill.

> Other Information

17)
These are my colours and font I will use for modly purposes. All other colors and such (save the one *mod* wants to take) are fair game as long as they are easily read by your other players or me and TS, just don't post a rainbow, please.

18) I will try to post Vote Counts as often as possible. Hopefully once a page on the top of every page. If you feel a vote count is needed, don't hesitate to ask for one, and I (or TS) will provide one at the next opportunity.
18a) Please be aware that I, at least, have a very limiting work schedule as laid out in my sig, as well as college life. During that time, all questions should either be directed to the backup mod (if I have one) or you should just wait for me to get back with you. I will try to announce if I have overtime Friday and/or Saturday of that week as soon as I can, should it interfere with any approaching deadlines.
19) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't be a prick and try to exploit it, or I will end your existence. Yes that means modkill.
20) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know.
21) No cryptography, not even for injokes. Do it once, and you'll be warned in-thread. Do it twice, and it's insta-modkill. If you do not understand what would qualify, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK! While I may not be able to give an immediate answer, I will try to get back to you as speedily as possible.
22)
IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT I NEED TO SEE (V/LA, VC request/fixes), I WANTED TO BOLDED.
Too many times during my first modded newbie game they didn't bold these things, and I'm not always able to catch them as well as I did then, so I need you guys to make sure I can find it easily when I'm just looking for basic stuff.
23) (This is for replacements)
IF YOU ARE REPLACING SOMEONE, DO NOT POST IN THREAD UNTIL I HAVE RECIEVED YOUR CONFIRMATION PM AND HAVE CONFIRMED IN-THREAD THAT YOU HAVE REPLACED IN! This will not only cut down on any potential confusion, but will also help me keep things running smoothly.
24) Have fun!
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:09 am, edited 23 times in total.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:36 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

The Matrix6 setup is used for Newbie Games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are semi-open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen as detailed below.

ABC
town jailkeeper
town vanilla
mafia goon
mafia roleblocker
town cop
town doctor
town 1-shot bulletproof
mafia goon
town tracker

This game's setup will incorporate either one row or one column from the table above, and the remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and town vanillas as appropriate to create 2-player mafia and 7-player town teams.

Keep the following in mind:
  1. Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  2. In applicable situations, a roleblocker's action will resolve before a jailkeeper's action.
  3. In applicable situations, a mafia roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the goon is still alive.

Click the button below to view all of the possible role PMs.

Spoiler:
Mafia Roles

Greetings.

You are a
mafia goon
with
User1
, who is a
[YYY's role]

You and your partner may talk in this QuickTopic during the confirmation and Night phases, and you may choose one player each Night to eliminate.

You may not target yourself or your partner.

You win when all threats to the mafia have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent such an occurrence, and at least one member of the mafia remains standing.

The game thread is here.
Please confirm by responding to this PM with your alignment and role.
Greetings.

You are a
mafia roleblocker
with
User1
, who is a
mafia goon

Each Night, you may choose one person to block. Any active Night actions taken by your target will be nullified. You will not be informed as to whether or not your action is successful.

You and your partner may talk in this QuickTopic during the confirmation and Night phases, and you may choose one player each Night to eliminate.

You may not target yourself or your partner.

You win when all threats to the mafia have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent such an occurrence, and at least one member of the mafia remains standing.

The game thread is here.
Town Roles

Hello!

You are a
town vanilla

You have no special abilities beyond the right to vote.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one member of the town remains standing.

The game thread is here.
Hello!

You are a
town 1-shot bulletproof

You will survive the first attempt to kill you. This does not include lynches.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one member of the town remains standing.

The game thread is here.
Hello!

You are a
town cop

Each Night, you may choose one person to investigate. If your action is successful, you will learn whether that player is "Guilty" or "Innocent." If your action is unsuccessful for any reason, you will receive "No Result."

The game thread is here.
Hello!

You are a
town doctor

Each Night, you may choose one person to protect. If that player is targeted with any action that Night that would result in his/her death, that action will fail and your target will survive. You will not be informed as to whether or not your action is successful.

The game thread is here.
Hello!

You are a
town jailkeeper

Each Night, you may choose one person to jail. Any Night actions taken by that player will be unsuccessful. In addition, if that player is targeted with any action that Night that would result in his/her death, that action will fail and your target will survive. You will not be informed as to whether or not your action is successful.

The game thread is here.
Hello!

You are a
town tracker

Each Night, you may choose one player to track. If your action is successful, you will learn the target of any Night action that player has taken. If your action is unsuccessful for any reason, you will receive "No Result."

The game thread is here.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:37 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Role PMs are being sent out. Confirm as directed. The game will begin when 7/9 have confirmed.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Apologies for any delays.

mujie and amckenzie replace Torcinator and NonfatNinjaHell (once they confirm). Please be sure next time to pick up your role PMs in a timely fashion and/or confirm properly.

In any case, Day 1 begins now.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.00:

Not Voting - Sondassasda, Frettory, Gravija, Xegarus, SafetyDance, Varsoon, BBmolla, mujie, amckenzie

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch and to no-lynch.

The deadline is in (expired on 2013-06-06 01:16:14) or by 12:15 AM on June 5th, 2013.

safetyDance is V/LA until Friday

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Bulbazak replaces Gravija.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Finally...

Vote BBMolla

Now bed...
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I gotta go find my last IC post it's been a while
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Xegarus
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by Xegarus »

Hi.
Im Xegarus, call me Xegar or Xeg for short.
I'm your SE (semi experianced) along with SafetyDance and Varsoon.
Me, SafetyDance, Varsoon and BBmolla are here to just play the game and try to keep activity up. But BBmolla being the IC has the job of answering all your little newbie questions you may have. We can answer them too, but id rather you all ask your questions directly to him in big, bold, colourful writing and demand an answer from him and no one else.

WE CAN DANCE

VOTE: Safety
:D
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Hi everyone! I'll be your Inexperience Challenged for this game, meaning that if you have any questions throughout the game, feel free to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability. My play is governed by the article here. This will be my eighth(I think) time ICing.

While it is my job to teach, if for some reason I can not provide an answer to you, the SE players(Xegarus, SafetyDance, Varsoon, as well as Bulbazak despite not being listed as one) are also here to help make sure that no question is left unanswered.

A few notes about the game(Credit to Andrius for most of this):
  • Read the rules of the game. Each moderator's rules are different, so read these and get familiar with them.
  • Do not Self-Vote. Self-voting is never helpful to the town, and is incredibly anti-town. It is the worst vote you can make in the game, what if a scum player would have voted you had you not self voted? We'd never know. I can't stress this enough. You can always fight for your position.
  • There is no reason to No Lynch on D1 in this setup. It doesn't help us at all, here in a newbie game. For details on why, see this post.
  • Do not claim a power role as a vanilla townie. Seriously, don't.
  • Do not claim your role until you need one more vote to be lynched AND someone has stated intent to hammer.(There are some examples where this is okay, like if you jailed someone and no kill went through or you have a guilty as a cop) In addition, if someone needs one more vote to be lynched, make sure you ask them to claim first.
    If you don't ask for a claim, you could possibly be lynching a Power Role!
Alright, now generally this phase of the game is called the Random Voting Stage and the Random Questions Stage.

Random Voting is done at the start of most games because it creates reactions, which we can then use to jumpstart the game and scumhunt. Generally the votes in this stage are for silly reasons. For example:

VOTE: Torcinator
Because he sounds like the Terminator and everyone knows the Terminator hates people and would be mafia.

RVS tends to go on for a few pages until someone finds something legitimately scummy and throws down a serious vote.

Random Questions is less common. I dislike timezone questions and such, but I do feel the following are good questions:
What is your experiance with forum mafia in general?
What is your experiance with mafiascum?
I began playing forum Mafia after learning about Mafia through Epicmafia.
I have played numerous games, probably 60ish, of varying lobbies.

I played against Bulba in my last newbie game, mislynched Xegarus in a micro, have had multiple altercations with SafetyDance. Finished-gamewise that's my experience with everyone here.

If you all could please get an avatar, I'd really appreciate it, it literally messes up my scumhunting when you don't have an avatar because I'll keep mixing you up. Even if it's just a single color or something, I don't care, just get something that I can identify you by.

Here are some sample avatars to use if you're too lazy to find one:
ImageImageImageImage

If you want to know a bit more, feel free to check out this Newbie Guide and also check out our List of Commonly Used Abbreviations.

So, other than that, let's just have a good game!
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Bulba you scum bro?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Post by BBmolla »

@mod: If a Mafia Roleblocker's partner dies and it goes to night, can the Mafia Roleblocker both commit a nightkill and roleblock?
Amckenzie
Amckenzie
Townie
Amckenzie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 1:03 am

Post by Amckenzie »

Hi everyone. This is my first ever mafia game. My only experience is following the games as a spectator on a different forum but I'm hoping I will do alright. I will try to give myself an avatar later in the day.

For my first act playing mafia...

vote BBmolla

It makes more sense to me to vote someone that already has a vote to see what happens then just give another random person one vote
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:03 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 10, BBmolla wrote:Bulba you scum bro?
Every chance I get. Still fuming about what I did to you in 1333?

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:43 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 11, BBmolla wrote:
@mod: If a Mafia Roleblocker's partner dies and it goes to night, can the Mafia Roleblocker both commit a nightkill and roleblock?
Please read the 2nd post.

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:08 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 14, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 11, BBmolla wrote:
Please read the 2nd post.
I sweat that wasn't there before. Mod trickery ahoy!

@Bulba: Same question back atchu
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:12 am

Post by Bulbazak »

@BBMolla: Nah. I played a good game. Sometimes town gut just wins out.

mujie
mujie
Townie
mujie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:39 am

Post by mujie »

Hi there, everyone. If we're random voting, I guess I will...

VOTE: Bulbazak

For the pure fact that his profile calls him mafia. :) I've played on EpicMafia a bit since a few days ago, so this should be fun. It's nice to have a day start so everyone gets a chance to play. And I stole (Uh hum, I mean borrowed) an avatar from here: http://forums.yogscast.com/filer/custom ... 9964_1.gif. Good luck everyone!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 8:24 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm here.
What's happening?
Sondassasda
Sondassasda
Townie
Sondassasda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:53 am

Post by Sondassasda »

Hello everyone.

I'm Sondassasda. Short, sweet and simple Sondassasda. Okay, well maybe not that short and simple, but I'm still a very sweat guy. Most of the time. And now I'm rambling again. (I may or may not tend to do this...)

Anyway, to the important stuff that you probably want to know. I've played a few games of forum mafia before on smaller sites, and I've won some and lost some. But I do not have nearly the amount of experience as others here. [side note: holy moley, BBmolla. Where have you found the time to participate in 60 games?] And as such, I decided that it would be beneficial to play a newbie game here to get the gist of how games are played on this site. Already, it seems that the players here are a bit more mature. (Some of the douchebaggery you can see on other sites makes this place seem like heaven.)

I will most likely be active in the evenings only during the weekdays, as I have work/school/work (ish) in the mornings. And during work/school/work I will not have any access to the internet, so please don't expect me to post anything at all during these times. But during the weekends, anytime is fair game. (Four day weekend, hooah!)

So with all this said, may the odds be ever in your favor. ~~~~<3
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.

-Ralph Emerson
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 19, Sondassasda wrote: So with all this said, may the odds be ever in your favor. ~~~~<3
What are the odds that you will be voting soon?

mujie
mujie
Townie
mujie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by mujie »

@Mod: What do you mean by cryptography? Do you mean codes and ciphers and stuff or am I thinking of another -ography? Also, would you prefer to be called mod or voided or something else?

@Sonda: You misspealt sweet as sweat. Does that mean you're a sweaty guy? :P Sixty games?! BB (can I call you that?) How long did it take you?! Ok, dumb question, about 2 years, but that's a lot.

And I have school as well :(, but next week's half term, so I'll probably be on a lot then and I'll be on evenings GMT and weekends.

Too little information to make educated vote... I have no idea... Who Bulbazak... Is... And I... Voted... For him... :)

My first game on mafiascum. Exciting. :eek:
Sondassasda
Sondassasda
Townie
Sondassasda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by Sondassasda »

@mujie
Why yes, mujie, I am a
very
sweaty guy. You would probably agree with me if you saw what my uniform looked like after work today. It was drenched in sweat today, and thus very disgusting. But I did mean to say sweet, though. I'll be sure to comb my posts for foolish spelling errors in the future. xD Thanks for correcting me.

@Bulbazak
If I were a betting man, which I am not, I would wager against me voting any time soon. But if I were to bet, I'd be a rich man.
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.

-Ralph Emerson
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 18, Varsoon wrote:I'm here.
What's happening?
^Clearly too scared of being caught to address anyone.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Varsoon

Feel free to sheep me.

@Sondass: I play in 4-6 games at a time, maxing at 9 at one point, and have done so over 2 years. They just kind of add up. It's gotta be in the 70-80 range actually if I'm doing a quick count here. I like mafia.
@mujie: BB or Molla is fine yep.

Suggest you guys post at least once a day, but I completely understand busy schedules, just remember that more info helps out the town.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 22, Sondassasda wrote: @Bulbazak
If I were a betting man, which I am not, I would wager against me voting any time soon. But if I were to bet, I'd be a rich man.
Why aren't you going to vote anytime soon? Surely, with your previous Mafia experience, you understand how important RVS is.

Unvote

Vote Sondassasda

You say a lot, but there's no content.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”