Newbie 1441 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1441 (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Newbie 1441

Welcome to Newbie 1441! The Mafia has infiltrated your town and killed the mayor!
It's up to you to discover the identities of the bad guys and bring peace back to your home!

Moderator:
Zaicon

Player List:

1)
Brian Skies
TRG, hy0n

2)
Drake Crusader

3)
JacobSavage
[IC]
4)
Montosh
Frettory, Gustafa

5)
Nominull
[SE]
6)
notscience
Ravenpaw
[SE]
7)
Spaces
JeyJeyKing

8)
TheIrishPope
PrivateI, SecondEngineer, domain90

9)
Tigris
[SE]

[SE] denotes a Semi-Experienced player.
[IC] denotes a Inexperience Challenged player. This player is here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.

Spoiler: Living Players
1) JacobSavage
Vanilla Townie

2) Nominull
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof

3) notscience
Vanilla Townie

4) TheIrishPope
Vanilla Townie

Spoiler: Dead Players
1) Montosh
Vanilla Townie
Lynched Day 1.

2) Brian Skies
Vanilla Townie
Killed Night 2.

3) Spaces
Mafia Goon
Lynched Day 3.

4) Tigris
Town Tracker
Killed Night 3.

5) Drake Crusader
Mafia Goon
Lynched Day 4.

Game Links:

Day 1 | Night 1
Day 2 | Night 2
Day 3 | Night 3
Day 4
Game Over
Last edited by Zaicon on Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:33 am, edited 18 times in total.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Game Rules

All Forum Rules and Guidelines should be followed, along with the following rules.

Game Timeline
  • Day phases will last two weeks.
  • Night phases will last three days.
General Rules
  • Do not quote your role PM or any other PM/QT communication from the mod.
  • Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game.
  • Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode (not including spoilered text)).
  • Do not edit or delete posts in this thread. If you made a formatting mistake, I will fix it for you (if it doesn't change the content of the post).
Activity
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 48 hours, other players may request a prod of that player.
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 72 hours and another player hasn't made a request, I will prod that player.
  • If a player is prodded, that player has 24 hours to make an in-game post before a replacement will be found.
  • If a player receives multiple prods and/or prod-dodges excessively, that player will be subject to a force-replace.
  • If you are going to be absent for a specific period of time, please let me know ahead of time!
Votes and Lynching
  • Votes must be in the format of VOTE: Player Name or
    VOTE: Player Name
    . Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it will count as a vote.
  • Unvotes are not necessary to change a vote.
  • A player will be lynched if a majority of the players have voted for that player.
  • You may vote for a
    No Lynch
    . If a majority of players vote for a No Lynch, the game will proceed to Night without a lynch.
  • All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I lock the thread.
  • Once I have posted your death scene, you may not post ("bah" posts are not allowed).
Behavior
  • Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. While this is a competitive game, no personal attacks will be tolerated.
  • Always play to your win condition.
  • Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else unless your role allows you to.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Game Setup

This game is using the standard Newbie Game setup, Matrix6. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Please note:
  • The Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.
Spoiler: List of Role PMs
Role PM wrote:You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities
  • During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • During the Night, you may sleep.
Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.
Town Cop

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may investigate one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of
    You believe [target] to be [Guilty/Not Guilty]
    . If you did not successfully investigate someone, you will receive
    No Result
Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.
Town Doctor

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may protect one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. You may not target yourself. You will not be informed as to the result of your protection.
Win Condition
Town Jailkeeper

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may place one player in Jail by sending me the name of your target via PM. They will be protected from kills and prevented from using their own ability, if they have one. You cannot target yourself.
Win Condition
Town Tracker

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may track one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will be told if that player targeted anyone and whom that player targeted.
Win Condition
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof

Abilities
  • You will survive the first kill attempt made on you during the Night. You will not be informed if and when this happens.
Win Condition
Mafia Goon
with your partner,
name (
role
)

Abilities
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner during the Night at this QuickTopic thread.
Win Condition
  • You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Mafia Roleblocker
with your partner,
name (
Mafia Goon
)

Abilities
  • Individually, you may roleblock one player by sending me the name of your target by PM. You may both roleblock and kill during the same Night.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner during the Night at this QuickTopic thread.
Win Condition
  • You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:25 am

Post by Zaicon »

TRG replaces hy0n, SecondEngineer replaces domain90, Frettory replaces Gustafa, and Spaces replaces JeyJeyKing.

They have 48 hours ((expired on 2013-10-18 08:25:00)) to confirm.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Zaicon »

With 8/9 confirmed, Day 1 can begin!

Vote Count 1.0

No Vote (9):
Drake Crusader, Frettory, JacobSavage, Nominull, Ravenpaw, SecondEngineer, Spaces, Tigris, TRG

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, October 30, at 3:30 PM CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-10-30 15:30:00).
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:48 am

Post by TRG »

Mandatory intro since this is a newbie game: Yo! Name (obviously) is TRG and this is my 2nd game on mafiascum. Only thing you guys need to know about me as a player is that I play to win and I expect everyone else to do the same. Hope everyone has a good time. :)

So with that being said...

Vote: Ravenpaw
cause Ravenpaw rhymes with Ravenclaw, and I hated Ravenclaw in Harry Potter.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:00 am

Post by JacobSavage »

VOTE: TRG

Ravencraw is easily the best (after Hufflepuff)

Hi I'm your IC.

You can use me for anything. When it comes to Mafia Theory I won't lie and will use [occ]these tags[/occ] to highlight that fact.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:09 am

Post by TRG »

In post 6, JacobSavage wrote:Ravencraw is easily the best (after Hufflepuff)
I dislike Hufflepuff even more >.>
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:23 am

Post by JacobSavage »

Well looks like someone is scum to me...
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:43 am

Post by TRG »

Scum is Slytherin mindset. #Gryffindor4life
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 am

Post by Tigris »

In post 6, JacobSavage wrote:You can use me for anything.
Scratching post? :twisted:

Haven't played in a few years, so likely rusty, but hopefully everyone enjoys the game.

Conceptually, I like Hufflepuff, since I prefer quiet, calm, and hard working people more often than others. Unfortunately they don't get as much exposure as the other houses.

VOTE: drake crusader

Anything to do with dragons reminds me of some old players who are no longer here, so nostalgia vote.
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:59 am

Post by TRG »

Very nice we got an '02er in here. What brings you back to mafiascum Tigris?
Mafiascum record - Town: (1-0) Mafia: (0-0)
SecondEngineer
SecondEngineer
Townie
SecondEngineer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:03 am

Post by SecondEngineer »

In post 8, JacobSavage wrote:Well looks like someone is scum to me...
This is near perfect reasoning. No denying it. I have to vote with you.[/sarcasm]

Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Tigris »

In post 11, TRG wrote:Very nice we got an '02er in here. What brings you back to mafiascum Tigris?
Not really sure to be honest, but I had fun back in the day here and met some great people, so after my life settled down a bit stopped by. Waited a couple months to see if I would stick around and then signed up for a game to try out. :D
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:22 am

Post by TRG »

In post 12, SecondEngineer wrote:
This is near perfect reasoning. No denying it. I have to vote with you.[/sarcasm]

*claims IC's reasoning for voting me are legit in a sarcastic tone
*votes for me anyway

Interesting...
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:23 am

Post by TRG »

In post 13, Tigris wrote:
In post 11, TRG wrote:Very nice we got an '02er in here. What brings you back to mafiascum Tigris?
Not really sure to be honest, but I had fun back in the day here and met some great people, so after my life settled down a bit stopped by. Waited a couple months to see if I would stick around and then signed up for a game to try out. :D
Well here's to hoping this game can reignite your interest!
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by Nominull »

SecondEngineer
SecondEngineer
Townie
SecondEngineer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by SecondEngineer »

Nice to meet you Tigris! I have a quick question, has the game changed at all since you were here? I'm new.
In post 14, TRG wrote:
In post 12, SecondEngineer wrote:

*claims IC's reasoning for voting me are legit in a sarcastic tone
*votes for me anyway

Interesting...
and TRG, I guess I should have put the "[/sarcasm]" after my vote as the vote was sarcastic too. I assumed that votes are mostly made for sarcastic reasons during the RVS stage.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by Tigris »

Hopefully TRG, mafia can be a fun game. =)

Nice to meet you as well Second. :)

Honestly, still figuring that part out. Many of the things I've read since coming back seem similar; however, it's also different (the games threads are a lot longer than they used to be). A few new terms, but no huge differences there. Seems a bit less playful as well, but meh, not sure on that aspect as haven't looked at too many threads.

Feel free to ask if there's anything you're curious about, not saying that I'll know, but I try and be helpful since it makes the game more enjoyable for me. For me, the worst end to a game is for it to be unpleasant enough for someone to not come back. Plus, this is a new person game, so it's where go to learn/shake rust off.

Anywhos, back to the actual game. I do find it odd that with only 5 people posting so far, three votes are on one person. Hopefully the other four can post within the next day. Would like to see everyone posting that way can get a feel for the way this game will flow.
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by Drake Crusader »

Vote: Nominull

Just slipping your vote in? Hmm... You seem like someone who knows whats going down.
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by TRG »

In post 17, SecondEngineer wrote:and TRG, I guess I should have put the "[/sarcasm]" after my vote as the vote was sarcastic too. I assumed that votes are mostly made for sarcastic reasons during the RVS stage.
Ahh okay the fact that you made the sarcasm remark before your vote made me think it was a serious vote. I have no problem being wagon-bait if it means progressing out of the RVS stage as soon as possible.
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by TRG »

Drake beat me to the punch... Nominull's vote seems very sketchy. If you're gonna hop on an early wagon at least state your intent without looking ambiguous.

What was your reason for voting me without stating your intent Nominull?

VOTE: Nominull
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by Nominull »

In post 19, Drake Crusader wrote:
Vote: Nominull

Just slipping your vote in? Hmm... You seem like someone who knows whats going down.
I've been around the block a couple times.
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by Nominull »

In post 21, TRG wrote:Drake beat me to the punch... Nominull's vote seems very sketchy. If you're gonna hop on an early wagon at least state your intent without looking ambiguous.

Maybe you'd like to explain what was "very sketchy" about my vote? Why would a scum player have done what I did?
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by TRG »

In post 23, Nominull wrote:
In post 21, TRG wrote:Drake beat me to the punch... Nominull's vote seems very sketchy. If you're gonna hop on an early wagon at least state your intent without looking ambiguous.

Maybe you'd like to explain what was "very sketchy" about my vote? Why would a scum player have done what I did?
Because you're the first person to take us out of RVS and place a serious vote so if you don't explain your intent I have no choice but to assume you're scum. It's that simple. Peeking in the thread, dropping a vote, and leaving right after is ambiguous and does nothing to help the town.

Just in case if any newer players don't follow where I'm coming from: as town our duty is to communicate now only as often as possible but clearly enough to the point where people can understand where you're coming from. Ambiguity = anti-town. Usually when players place the first serious vote they have a reason to do so. I'm waiting to hear that reason.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”