READ THIS FIRST

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

READ THIS FIRST

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:39 pm

Post by jeep »

This forum could be considered a test-drive for the site, as well as a place to learn as you play. It has been created to enable those new to mafiascum to jump right into a game, while receiving all the help and coaching they ask for. Hopefully, these games will help with learning the basics of rules, strategies and roles. Asking questions of our more experienced players is fine (and encouraged) during game play, and nobody should worry about their mistakes ruining anybody's fun.

That's not to say that these trainer games are any less than the games in other forums, they are every bit as playable, and include a mix of experienced and new players. Everyone who wants to play can sign up
here

We hope every new player will participate in a game (or two) here, but it is not required. We welcome all comments, ideas and suggestions for ways to make it better. And perhaps our biggest goal here, besides helping to teach, is to hook new players so they'll stay with us for a long time to come. :wink:
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:16 am

Post by Sugar »

Here are a few links from this site that new players might find helpful (I did when I first signed up). If anybody knows of any others, let me know and I'll put them here.

General overview of the forums
- A great introduction to the site

The MafiaScum Wiki
- Just about everything you could possibly want to know about the site or the game. It's still a work in progress, though.

Basic game rules
- General rules for most games here, and an attempt to tell all the pertinent rules for the newbie games.

Information on roles
- Some basic and advanced roles

The Mafia Discussion forum
- Great reads for when you're waiting for somebody to post in your games

Antrax's articles: How to be a Good Townie and Mafia Basics

Mafiascum FAQ
- Answers to basic game/forum questions

(Wikified by Norinel and Mr. Flay, since Sugar has vanished)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”