Newbie 1460: The Not-So InnocentVillage [GAME OVER!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

My guess is that the scum is trying to make me look like scum, since Hop has been persistently targeting me throughout most of the game. It'd make make sense that I'd want him dead so that he doesn't set up a case against me or try to get me lynched.

I still think Drake is scum, especially if what I just said above is valid.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hopkirk kill does make sense from Xay-scum or Drake framing Xay-scum, but it also makes sense as a kill if Drake thought Hopkirk was going to follow through on my promise and figured leaving me alive would shake me a bit.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Drake Crusader »

I honestly thought that xay would of been the night kill. hopkirk was looking suspicious and would of burned himself out today anyway.
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

Sure. Kill the less experienced player that is more likely to lynch me over the more experienced player that's more like to lynch Drake.

Drake, who do you think is scum and why?
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:18 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 752, Drake Crusader wrote:I honestly thought that xay would of been the night kill. hopkirk was looking suspicious and would of burned himself out today anyway.
Why didn't you think Nacho would be the night kill
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 754, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 752, Drake Crusader wrote:I honestly thought that xay would of been the night kill. hopkirk was looking suspicious and would of burned himself out today anyway.
This.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Xayzeck »

Are you scum Nacho?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

No.

Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Xayzeck »

lol wasn't expecting a yes

So here's what I've been thinking. You were the most obvious choice for NK, so Hop dying could mean:
Drake is scum and wants to frame me
I am scum and I hate Hop
You are scum, and chose to kill the most experienced player.

I think Drake would be the best choice for scum at the moment, but I don't want to risk it.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

From where I'm standing right now, there's an 80% chance I will end up voting Drake anyways, but I want him to get some last thoughts in before I do so just in case you actually are crafty scum.

Why do you think I could be scum?

Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

Because there's nothing that makes me or Hop a better NK choice other than trying to frame me, but I don't think Drake could come up with that. Maybe he actually could. But because you were the most obvious NK choice and you didn't get NKed, you can see why I think you're scum.

Although Drake's unneeded ff vote doesn't come off as town, more of desperate scum trying to look town. Hope he comes in soon and replies us.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:47 am

Post by Xayzeck »

Should we just lynch Drake? I'm more convinced he's scum than you being scum. He probably can't talk his way out.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:16 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Drake is where I'm probably gonna end up, yeah, but I'd still rather give him a chance to air his final thoughts before lynching him, just in case.

Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:37 am

Post by Xayzeck »

I don't think you're scum. After looking through Drake's ISO, she keeps Hunter on her scumbloc for quite a while at the start of the game. I don't think he'd bus his buddy that quick. Or for that long.

Also:
In post 745, Drake Crusader wrote:VOTE: FF

hey no worries I don't have any night actions anyway.
This is scummy.
In post 653, Drake Crusader wrote:I honestly think it is not Naio , Or FF. Leaves Nacho off to town side now aswell.
And this, you can choose to believe it or not, but because she lists FF in the middle of her townbloc, it COULD indicate that she's FF's partner. It's more of a psychological tell, that people tend to hide correct answers behind wrong answers. You get the idea.

I will vote now, I don't think she could talk her way out of it.

VOTE: Drake
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Drake

I don't think she could either.

Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

Sooooooooo

I'm VT
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:22 am

Post by Drake Crusader »

In post 754, Xayzeck wrote:
I had a feelings nacho would of not been the night kill because he was scum.
I know it can't be me due to my role being VT. However, it would of been much more easier time to nk you xay. Then blaming it on you KK so hopkirk would lynch you off. Then I would win this game.
How is it easier for me to kill off all the supporters I had, or people who votes could of been easily swayed. Wisdom was a guy who I would of left alive till the end because he was out at me all the beginning of the game but, his scum detection found the one scum and it would of worked again I feel.
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Drake Crusader »

Shit, I hate auto correct, the KK should be NC .
― Elizabeth Goudge
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:19 am

Post by Xayzeck »

um
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

The day ends very, very quickly.

You help Xayzeck tackle an unsuspecting Drake to the ground. You beat him relentlessly, before tying him and hanging him to the tree of innocence.

There's a moment of silence between you two, as you see an asphixiated Drake lying next to the other seven bodies, all plagued by the members of the non-innocent. What a wasteland this town has become.

"Well...?" says Xayzeck nervously. You grin as you hug him.

"Phew!" he exclaims. "I was almost worried it was you."

"Of course not!" you exclaim. "We've been best friends ever since I moved into this village. Surely you wouldn't think I'm not-innocent?"

"Stop, I'm just joking around, you know that!" Xayzeck says, laughing. His tone suddenly becomes serious. "Let's clean up this town, Nacho" he says, with a tone of urgency. "Let's pretend this never happened."

"How can you say that?" you ask Xayzeck. You're horrified that he just said this.

"Because," he responds. "Because this isn't who we are. We're not the type of people who do things like this. That's just not us. If we put this behind, maybe we can start a new society. Just you and me, Nacho. One that's truly innocent, and not plagued by people like fferyllt and Drake Crusader."

It's almost plausible, you think. Except for one key flaw.

"True innocence?" you retort, almost angrily. "Is there such a thing as true innocence? Do you really think men will ever be truly innocent? My god, how naive can you be? We somehow escaped unscathed from a bloodbath where 80% of us just died! And this society was based on innocence. You saw them. You saw them, just go at it, just beating each other up like animals, all because they were scared, scared to lose their precious innocence. And what do they do? They've already lost their precious innocence, and do you know why? THEY NEVER HAD IT FROM THE START!"

"Nacho..."

"You're in with this bullshit too, aren't you? Tell me, Xayzeck, you're in with this bullshit too... aren't you?"

Xayzeck's eyes turn cold. He's no longer the friend you met coming into the village. His expression is no longer frightened, or smiling, but rather an austere, passionate stare.

"You..." he gasps. "You... You MONSTER! It was YOU, YOU who killed all of them! You, who befriended me and deceived us all! Do you really think that men cannot be innocent? THINK about what you did. JUST THINK. Did you not think we wouldn't go to extreme lengths to protect ourselves?"

You waste no time. A shot fires from your gun, and it's all over. Xayzeck keels over on the ground, head splitting against the hard, icy pavement.

The closest thing to a best friend you've ever had in this town; Xayzeck, who lies dead at your hands. Now it's just you; only you that remains.

As you stare at the rotting bodies of innocentvillager, tman2nd, Toomai, Naio, Wisdom, fferyllt, Hopkirk, Drake Crusader, and Xayzeck, you want to feel triumphant. You really do. You came in with a profound hatred of this town, and thanks to you, it's all done. But you can't help but remember the words of Wisdom, those words that made you question whether what you were doing was right.

Maybe you shouldn't have killed Xayzeck. The only reason you did, was because you didn't want to feel guilty. You feared what he had to say, just like you feared Wisdom's intense fidelity to the value of innocence. And maybe that has made you cowardly. You no longer feel triumphant, like you thought you would.

The days go by since you remember that Christmas where you first hung innocentvillager. It's been a while since then, but every night you hear Wisdom's words, engrained in your head, and all of the violent murders you committed. All to prove a point.

Maybe if you had stopped and thought for a bit, you would've realized that people can be innocent. Even if innocentvillager was a corrupt ruler, that didn't necessitate killing him. Just because there are people out there who are not as innocent as they claim, the value of innocence is still present among some.

Maybe if you had met someone like Wisdom a bit earlier, you would've had the courage to stop this all.

But it's too late. The murders you committed, you will never be forgiven for.

For he who loses his innocence loses it forever.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:05 pm

Drake Crusader,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 4.

THE SCUMTEAM OF FFERYLLT AND NACHOMAMMA8 WIN THE GAME!
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by Naio »

good game guys. never suspected nacho, fantastic scum game.

also, i told you guys that ffery would just out-talk me in D2 :( need more practice...
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Sorry for the lack of modding responsibility I took near the end there... I was anticipating for an awesomer climax and an even cooler ending but time restrictions/super busy with high school :/ eh.

Hope the flavor was still interesting and made sense kinda!

Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/3wF4EVQRiBSi

Scum can post QT if they wish.

Overall I think everyone did super well! I feel like there could've been more discussion especially in later days, but then again props to Nacho for holding up for so long with almost no suspicion (and ffery as well, for getting through fakedoctor 3 days in a row!)
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:47 pm

Post by Wisdom »

gg

gz Nacho, pretty good game, and I feel The Hunter deserves props too, too bad he had to replace out.

I'm happy that my ffery reading ability grows. Not so happy that I lynched two other people instead of her.

Told you guys Drake wasn't the buddy ;) But Drake, your play was pretty scummy so try to fix it in the future.

Thanks for the game, innocentvillager.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 pm

Post by Wisdom »

And nice flavor too!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”