Mewbie 1477 ~ Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:21 pm

Post by Moonlight »

By the way, and were efforts to manipulate Ams into
eventually
voting. If he inquired about why I was saying he was in trouble, all I had to do is point out how easily he could be accused of intentionally preventing the Town from gaining information from a lynch. :good:

I did
not
expect a straight-up hammer with TC as his primary read! That's good though, goes to show I have that much room to improve when it comes to understanding another player and that's exciting.
Ams
Ams
Goon
Ams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:57 am

Post by Ams »

Yes! get in there!!!!

TV was a scum arse in my mind yes but so was old Alex. The reason I was gonna leave my boot up his arse was I thought it would swing back to him was because of the merry go around side show starring Tricks n Moonlight. Moonie You and Tricks contestant back n 4th was a pain in the old preverbial. Your paranoia and "oh I don't know" pony an trap was fucking annoying, can you not make your mind up? Bottom line was regardless of who went to L1 I was gonna hammer their arse. So I really don't give a monkeys left Testies if you thought I was in the crap tomorrow had they flipped brown, in my mind you alone was gonna loss this game with your constant loss of backbone.

That said Alex well played you little scum geezer, n bad luck but you got nailed by the guy who can't be subtle according to the old moonie boy.

Tricks man you have a knack of looking like a babbling brook trying to seem kosher and it was tempting to just give ya a kickin until the game ended.

Nacho, the voice of reason in my book regardless of PoE telling me he might have been scum.
" You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
"
Ams
Ams
Goon
Ams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:59 am

Post by Ams »

TC was scum arse *EDIT* not TV
"
Ams
Ams
Goon
Ams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:09 am

Post by Ams »

Thanks Mala. 1 for 0... if ya don't count my dim witted first attempt.

Hey Moonie, I do like ya, you just wound me the fuck up half the time.

Hanso you needs to take up a gentler sport like boxing or Fight club :D

Midget we won soaz don't look back in anger,
"
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 951, Ams wrote:Bottom line was regardless of who went to L1 I was gonna hammer their arse.
You are something else. o_o

Isn't if funny how we would have mislynched if not for that flaw of mine you just pointed out though? ;) Consider what would have happened if I refused to change my mind about Tricks or TC today. I have
many
flaws, but I don't consider flexibility to be one of them.

It's okay if you think I don't have enough backbone, you have a point and I am truly thankful for your criticism. In my defense, I got hurt by my own cockiness and tunneling on D2 and felt horrible when I saw midget had died in the second night. I'm glad I got overly paranoid, because I got to experience first-hand the problems that come with that extreme after having experienced the problems with the opposite one the previous Day. :] I think I'm on the right track of learning to keep up my confidence without getting cocky.

What I find amusing in this game is that our flaws and/or weaknesses (or at least what I consider as such) were covered by someone in one way or another to give us a well-balanced Town team. We played well as a team and having some luck didn't hurt either.

I wish for myself and everyone else that we always keep improving and enjoying our games for as long as we keep playing. :)
Ams
Ams
Goon
Ams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:35 am

Post by Ams »

You are Mr sensitive aintcha, in real live an all.. Well good on ya. :good:
"
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:45 am

Post by Malakittens »

Final Vote Count of Day 3With six Alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Voting:

*Moonlight -
*Tr1ckster -
*TwilightsCall -
*Ams -
*Alexcellent - Nachomamma8, Moonlight, Tr1ckster, Ams [4] [Lynch]
*Nachomamma8 -

Not Voting:
Alexcellent, TwilightsCall []

Day 3 ends in(expired on 2014-03-21 09:47:00)

Alexcellent was lynched he was a
Mafia Cat

Town has won.

Dead QT
Personal QT which Mala forgets to update a lot.
Mafia can release their QT when/if they want.
Last edited by Malakittens on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

That was a pretty fantastic ending.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 931, Alexcellent wrote:Especially Moonlight, extremely well played, really impressed with your analysis through the game.

I really should've just sheeped the TC wagon and not pushed Nacho.
I agree. Staying off the wagon slowed its momentum a little bit, which in turn allowed everyone to reanalyze a bit, and also had the side effect of allowing me to gauge how people felt about me: had you just followed the momentum after my initial case and drove it to lynch, maximum paranoia would have fallen on me and it would been pretty hard to fight off. I thought you did a great job in general though: you definitely fooled the hell out of me for a while.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:49 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Moonlight/Trickster made for a very, very interesting combination: both have incredibly different play styles, both came out looking incredibly incredibly town from the beginning of the game and ended up playing off each other pretty well (Trickster kept Moonlight reanalyzing with paranoid thoughts, Moonlight followed up on Trick's paranoid thoughts): these sort of town combinations are amazing and pretty difficult for scum to overcome.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ams plays a lot like Smudger, very loose cannon and very town. Being visibly impatient in thread is good for speeding along the process, and being pragmatic is never a bad thing: you might have to pull a major play style change when LyLo comes and start channeling all of that paranoia of being wrong, uneasiness with everyone: LyLo is the one setup that you absolutely cannot rush: most people are towniest/scummiest when everything's on the line, and if you don't give them time to show it, you're making a hard decision a lot harder.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sorry for tunneling TC! I wouldn't bother defending people from bad cases no matter how bad they are: it's generally just a waste of your time and leaves you in that odd position where you've invested 9 hours into the game and haven't had anything to show for it. I generally ignore cases that I don't agree with and instead use them to read the case maker: if a bad case is getting undue traction, it isn't necessarily horrible if the target isn't particularly town and you don't have a strong alternative (and if you have a strong alternative that isn't getting traction, why? It isn't anyone's fault but your own.).

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Midget late play was pretty excellent: I think he stepped up his game to a significant extent after early Day 1 being mostly a noncontributor: turning that play up early means you won't be digging yourself out of any holes later. Being too open about your PR is a mistake, always keep that shit under wraps (I don't recommend playing differently with a PR in most cases in the way where you lurk in order not to get night killed, just don't give your role away by sharing information only you know).

Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 959, Nachomamma8 wrote:Moonlight/Trickster made for a very, very interesting combination: both have incredibly different play styles, both came out looking incredibly incredibly town from the beginning of the game and ended up playing off each other pretty well (Trickster kept Moonlight reanalyzing with paranoid thoughts, Moonlight followed up on Trick's paranoid thoughts): these sort of town combinations are amazing and pretty difficult for scum to overcome.
:blush: D'aww... thanks.

I agree, however. Moonlight and I were the dynamic duo. I have to say I had more fun working with him on this than I've had with anyone in quite a while.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Moonlight »

*nods* That was tons of fun. I'm very thankful for your advice throughout the game Nacho and for getting us back on track every time we were starting to derail horribly. And doing that while having nobody with a solid read on you for most of the game cannot have been easy.

It's unlikely I'll forget this game any time soon. :]
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:14 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

Thanks for the advice Nacho, I really appreciate it. And thanks for your last moment townread, protecting my lynch-free record. 4 times to L-1, 0 times lynched, awww yeah. (Actually this looks more like a problem than it looks like an achievement >.>)

This game was a real roller coaster ride for me. I was so sure we had won once Hanzo flipped, but then random got NK'd and I was completely in the dark again. Then I was so sure that Trickster was scum, then I ended up flipping my read on him and being completely lost again. In the end, I was debating between Ams and Alex, but I was really leaning towards Ams, so well done Alex. You had me completely fooled.

Also still crying on the inside a little bit because of THREE quickhammers in a row.

GG town, I didn't get you for 90% of the game, but we won so I suppose thats what counts!
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:39 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Well done guys! y'all played really well.
Huge thanks to Mala.
Night 1 I tracked Hanzo and turned up nothing.
Night 2 I followed TC, but died.
Yeah, I played poorly but had a really good time!
Stay cool.
My MVP was probably Alex. I think he continually played well and was unlucky with the lynch.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 964, Moonlight wrote: It's unlikely I'll forget this game any time soon. :]
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Okay, updated the final post.

Will be updating the OP momentarily.

All QT's have been released but the mafia QT which Alex can if he wants too.

It was very fun modding you all. Sorry about the lack of VCs when I got sick!
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
eXemplary Logic
eXemplary Logic
Townie
eXemplary Logic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by eXemplary Logic »

Hello, I'm the stats guy. Can someone please confirm whether this was a setup 3 (1x BP) or a setup C (Doctor)? Thanks.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Moonlight »

In post 969, eXemplary Logic wrote:Hello, I'm the stats guy. Can someone please confirm whether this was a setup 3 (1x BP) or a setup C (Doctor)? Thanks.
It was setup 3, I was a 1-shot BP.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by Mina »

Goodbye.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”