Newbie 1484 (Day Two)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Let's start with the SEs:

Catboi: You need to be more active. You really didn't leave much of an impression in this game.

Hopkirk: There's a fine line between paranoia and accusing someone of cheating. I've flirted with that line once before with Mastin, and I regret voicing those concerns. You, however, were more direct, and where I expressed paranoia, you accused me of downright cheating. Maybe it's because you haven't been put in the same situation as an IC yet, but this position holds certain responsibilities and expectations. Simply put, I am forbidden to lie to Newbies about mafia theory, especially to get an advantage. Having played as both an SE and an IC, I'll let you know that the SE job is easier, because you can play as a normal player. As an IC, however, I hold the dual role of teacher, and that has to take priority in all things. Yes, I have to play to win, but that does not override my responsibility to teach newer players how to play the game. If I was taking advantage of the new players, it would have been the mod that would have taken care of that situation, and I can tell you that the penalties would likely be harsh. I take my position as IC very seriously, and you should be very careful before you accuse someone else in my position of cheating again.

Now for the newer players:

Docthorr/Number_0ne: Maybe this has to do with the game, and how we caught on to the scum team quickly, but I honestly can't remember a thing about your play. I remember getting townreads of you both rather quickly, which is good, but other than that, the game didn't last long enough to pin down the particulars of your play. I hope we can play together again in the future, and that hopefully I can be of more use to you then.

JarJarDrinks: You're an incredibly strong town player. Not only were you obv. town fairly early in the game, but you were also the driving influence in getting scum lynched. Keep this up, and you'll probably be known as an incredible scumhunter.

I Love Fairies: I think your only weakness was that you were too paranoid. Don't get me wrong, paranoia can help you, but it blinded you this game and kept you from being as effective as you could. You're a strong player. You just need to work out the quirks and weaknesses of your play to get stronger.

LessThanOriginal: You need to be proactive, which is why everyone latched onto you as scum. Your questionnaire was horrendous, and it was incredibly obvious that you were scum rolefishing because of it. You don't want town to do the work for you. Instead, you want to look like you're town actually putting effort into the game and analyzing it. Pretend you're scumhunting just like everyone else. If you do so, it will be much harder for town to catch you next time.

Thesoctorisin: Same as Original: Be proactive. You wanted to be appeasing and hoped that would keep town off your back. However, that's what drew us to you in the first place. You didn't scumhunt, and you only pretended to do so when pressured. Those were clear indicators as to your alignment. If you would have been "scumhunting" just like everyone else and wouldn't have been worried about how you looked, you would have likely lasted a bit longer and maybe have gotten off some mislynches.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

I am not saying it was intentional but your wording was highly ambiguous.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:24 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Next time, if you honestly believe that someone is cheating, just PM the mod. Saying stuff about it in game isn't going to change anything.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:36 am

Post by LessThanOriginal »

I wasn't rolefishing. I had little interest in outing PRs when soctor was out in the open like that. My priority was to try to get him out of that and to blend in. In the end I failed at both.

Where I have played in the past these questions have been asked repeatedly and I think that information can be gleaned off them, especially with how people will try to twist things to fling suspicion on people. Asking certain questions get people on guard about the wrong things and so there answers may reveal other things. Obviously that wasn't my intention there, but that is the "Town" mindset it came from.

And no, I'm not going to be proactive, sorry. It may take a while for people to get used to it, but I'm fairly sure that's already happening to some extent. If I get another few results where I get lynched so quickly then it would be stupid not to try to change tact a bit, but as it is I think people can adjust to my meta.

Yes, you probably hate my Town play and apparently you don't buy that that *was* my Town play, but I don't like sharing my conclusions because I'm never sure. Sorry if that offends you.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:37 am

*their

@Bulbazak for above
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 am

By the way, the thing about me and scum hunting is that half the time I think that people are swatting at shadows that aren't there. Yes, things can be read into in some ways, but sometimes I feel like I'm in an English lesson and people are equating Hamlet to Jesus somehow :V.

As a Town player that means I wait longer (too long in most cases) for more evidence and don't leap on people for as many things (or anything really), which means that my scum play has to line up with that. Of course, given that I hadn't played here previously I could have maybe gotten away with it, if I could keep it up which I probably couldn't.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:59 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

@<original

FWIW I thought the questions were fine. It was a few of ur answers that stood out to me. Namely suggesting that a cop do a check on you. That just screamed out to me since you weren't really a suspect @ the time.

and GG all. Thanks for running this robocopter
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I haven't been accusing him of cheating, just saying some of his stuff could be very easy for a new player to misinterpret.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by Mina »

Goodbye.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”