Newbie 1485: Water Balloon Battle Royale (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by reinoe »

Also Happy Birthday IKD.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by reinoe »

Sorry, I'm in a complete fucking haze. Twilight is a useful phase still.

If I'm killed tonight AND IKD turns up town. Goodmorning or Lootifer is scum. If I'm killed tonight and IKD Turns up scum then dws is scum.

Selkie
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:37 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 784, goodmorning wrote:[IC STUFF]@dwsn: Hypothetically speaking, "I can't talk about it" almost always means "it's about an ongoing game so I can't talk about it". We just don't say the latter because mentioning that there is an ongoing game would be talking about it.[/IC STUFF]
The better option is to not even mention that much.

Votecount 2M

imkingdavid
( 4 ) goodmorning | reinoe | Lootifer | bjc |
Lynched

bjc
( 2 ) 3dicerolling | imkingdavid
3dicerolling
( 1 ) dwsnsl5

Not Voting

With 7 alive, it will take 4 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2014-04-23 22:00:00)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:45 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Diary, end of day 2

There has been another result today, today 4 of them water balloons when after the one known as "imkingdavid", however this time the contents spilt everywhere was red.
Strange I don't recall putting red dye into any of the balloons, but then again, I'm not sure where the green stuff came from either, as these balloons weren't destined for target practice.

Well it's something I'll have to sleep on, time to move the remaining into the back room. Must remember to install a camera into that room.

imkingdavid,
Mafia Goon
, has been lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2, actions will be due in 60 hours.
(expired on 2014-04-25 19:45:50)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

The crazy scientist slept in, eventually he got up and discovered another balloon had burst. More green gunk, it also seemed to have some bits of it flashing.

Lootifer,
Town Cop
was killed night 2

Day 3 Deadline: (expired on 2014-05-10 14:00:00) from the moment you loaded the page.
Last edited by Cheery Dog on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by reinoe »

VOTE: 3DICEROLLING

This game had a rough start but I'm glad we've solved it.

Selkie
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

Nah, I'm town.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 766, goodmorning wrote:
reinoe wrote:But I think that if you're[IAMKINGDAVID) scum, you're much more dangerous to have around than bjc would be.
No, he probably isn't. He's definitely Scum though, for reasons I can't talk about.
In post 764, reinoe wrote:I'm betting on a hunch, a wing a prayer. This is probably one of the weakest arguments anyone's ever made for a lynch and I'm willing to stand by it.
In post 792, Lootifer wrote:
In post 781, bjc wrote:Loot - how do you feel about 3dice, IKD, and dws?
Scum, scum and very stale newbtown read who could instead be playing us like a fiddle.

I have to hit the road for 6-7 hours...

#compromise
VOTE: IKD
In post 795, bjc wrote:
vote: I'mkingdavid
btw, great job everyone! WE FOUND TEH SCUMMZZZZ. And if anyone from outside the game wants to analyze the votes for IKD, they'd be like wtf troll votes.

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 770, 3dicerolling wrote:How about this everyone. This is how confident I am in my bjc read. Lynch me today, then when I flip town, lynch bjc tomorrow. I don't mind dying to trade 1 for 1.

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 775, reinoe wrote:
In post 773, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 772, bjc wrote:
In post 770, 3dicerolling wrote:How about this everyone. This is how confident I am in my bjc read. Lynch me today, then when I flip town, lynch bjc tomorrow. I don't mind dying to trade 1 for 1.
Stop being stupid.
If you're so confident I'm scum, you should have no problem with this.
Likewise, shouldn't you self-vote?
In post 777, reinoe wrote: 3) A person should practice what they preach.
I look forward to your incoming self-vote 3dice.

Selkie
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

Or maybe I'm going to analyze first and not actually tunnel bjc? Reads are obviously shaken up because I wasn't expecting IKD to flip scum.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 810, 3dicerolling wrote:Or maybe I'm going to analyze first and not actually tunnel bjc? Reads are obviously shaken up because I wasn't expecting IKD to flip scum.
Indulge me in some WIFOM: why do you think Lootifer was killed?

Selkie
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 811, reinoe wrote:
In post 810, 3dicerolling wrote:Or maybe I'm going to analyze first and not actually tunnel bjc? Reads are obviously shaken up because I wasn't expecting IKD to flip scum.
Indulge me in some WIFOM: why do you think Lootifer was killed?
Honestly, it could be the shift people took from wanting to lynch loot, to most players town reading him, but it could also have to do with PR hunting or something. I don't really know because I'm not scum.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by reinoe »

The murder of lootifer and the quest for
vengence
justice!

Spoiler: Who did he know and when did he know them...
Goodmorning, myself, Loot, then bjc all got together to lynch IKD.

Now good morning drove that lynch sorta. She was first on the wagon. HIGHLY UNLIKELY SHE'S SCUM bussing when she really didn't have to. The case overall against IKD was weak as hell from a technical standpoint. She could have pushed for a 3D, bjc, or dws lynch. Not quite conf-town because anything could happen, but I'm willing to lose the game under the belief that she's town. Yeah, I went there.

I know I'm town.

We know Loot's town 'cuz he's dead. CONFTOWN.

bjc. Did he bus his partner when the 3D wagon fell apart? Possible. He could have held out for a no-lynch since DWS wtf vote might have changed or it might not or he could have held out for someone to possibly switch back to 3D from the IKD WAGON. Can't rule out that he bussed his partner for cred but it's unlikely.

dws: out of everyone IKD seemed to be hitting her the most frequently because he's scum and it's normal for scum to hit women. Scum wouldn't want to draw that much attention to dws ineffectiveness if she were his partner. Probably town by IKD's abusive and bullying behavior.

3dice: an OK town game, but once bjc got all up in his grill he didn't do so hot under pressure. That gambit was kinda bad. But what struck me as really really bad was that vote on dws to pressure her. Compare that to my vote on gm to get that read. I voted, let it stay there, made sure gm she knew I was ready to throw down and even backed it up with a mini-case. While there were various accusations of 3D being non-commital, the vote/unvote on dws is what stood out to me. The not being on either wagon looks bad to me.

Spoiler: Oh no, not a mislynch! But we can earn from this...
In post 513, reinoe wrote:Some info I gathered because I had a hypothesis. TL: DR--->There's a 70% chance that there was one scum on the JKM wagon and one scum not on the wagon. This is based on the most recent 10 newbie games that had a mislynch on day one.
In post 493, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 0, Cheery Dog wrote:Also have fun and remember this is a game, personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Warning to all.

Votecount 1Q (FINAL)

JKMatthews
( 5 ) bjc | goodmorning | reinoe | Lootifer | imkingdavid |
<---Scum on the wagon

bjc
( 1 ) dwsnsl5,
<---Not On The Wagon

Lootifer
( 1 ) 3dicerolling
<---Not On The Wagon

reinoe
( 1 ) JKMatthews
<---Mislynched

imkingdavid
( 1 ) fferyllt
<---killed N1

Not Voting

With 9 alive, it will take 5 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2014-04-08 07:37:49)
In post 802, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 784, goodmorning wrote:[IC STUFF]@dwsn: Hypothetically speaking, "I can't talk about it" almost always means "it's about an ongoing game so I can't talk about it". We just don't say the latter because mentioning that there is an ongoing game would be talking about it.[/IC STUFF]
The better option is to not even mention that much.

Votecount 2M

imkingdavid
( 4 ) goodmorning | reinoe | Lootifer
<---Killed N2
| bjc |

bjc
( 2 ) 3dicerolling
<---not on the wagon again
| imkingdavid
<----scum

3dicerolling
( 1 ) dwsnsl5
<---not on the wagon again

Not Voting

With 7 alive, it will take 4 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2014-04-23 22:00:00)

"Everyone can relax...Gambit has returned."
-Gambit, Animated Series Episode ‘Days of Future Past’
Spoiler:
In post 771, reinoe wrote:But I think bjc vs 3d is Town v town.

I read gambits like that are scummy.

Spoiler: Let's drink some wine.
In post 32, Lootifer wrote: I agree on Froth.

Thoughts on 3dice? I say scum.

VOTE: 3dice
In post 93, Lootifer wrote:I am still happy with my vote on 3dice. He didn't acknowledge my vote at all, and while the bus/tunnel thing isn't much, it could be a 1st or 2nd time scum player with tactics on the brain. There's also some weirdly forced interaction with GM going on; but associative tells are pointless right now so slotting that away for later.
In post 506, Lootifer wrote:
In post 497, 3dicerolling wrote:When I get more time, I'm gonna go back and look at ffery's interactions.
... And for some reason I keep coming back to my mate 3dice.

It started out with a reaction
that I assumed
to be odd (aka suspicious), he was then a bit OMGUS'y (but at the time that was reasonable), he has since had patchy activity, keeps making excuses ("when I have time..."/"just catching up now...") and has produced very little in the way of actual content (tunnelled me and... what exactly?).

You guys seem to be giving him a free ride here.
FOS 3dice... again

In post 538, Lootifer wrote:
PoE leaves iakd and 3dice. I have been tunneling 3dice all game and it hasn't got any traction; along with that my read has gone quite stale, recent posting has been townish (516 specifically). Iakd has given a wall of text in his opening post which I think JKM was bang on about (though read it the wrong way): He
did
post that without looking at PM. Other than that there's been defense of me, a very soft case on dwsn, a rant at bjc (along with tunneling the tunneler who is tunneling because of tunneling), and a bit of JKM flip analysis; nothing stands out as particularly towny, and some of it could have scummy motivation (buddying me and scum reads specifically). I would be happy with a lynch on either of these two.
In post 596, Lootifer wrote:
Other than that my thoughts haven't changed much other than I am more sure of my GM and 3dice reads (town and scum respectively) in light of recent dialog.
In post 760, Lootifer wrote:Hmmm.

VOTE: 3dice

Feeling that more than IKD. IKD is still being exceptionally controlled.
Lootifer was all up on 3DICE since the beginning of the game. Like non-stop. And this went into day day 2 also. So why was Lootifer shot? Because he suspected 3D more than anyone and after yesterdays showing maybe 3D didn't think he could handle the pressure. I'm willing to take up the case for the dead.

Selkie
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:08 am

Post by goodmorning »

My goal right now is to try and figure out what result he got from his N1 investigation. Could have been a guilty, but more likely an inno since he didn't out it.

I ISO'd him and I honestly can't tell. Mayyyybe dwsn-inno? Could be bjc-inno but much less likely based on later D2 posts.

Onwards to associatives with ikd!
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:36 am

Post by bjc »

Its obvious he investigated me.

Also: lynch 3dice, lynch dws and game is over.
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:10 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 815, bjc wrote:Its obvious he investigated me.

Let's analyze that.
In post 538, Lootifer wrote:
bjc is frustrating me in that I suspect him to be town, but since he is not fronting up with content a little voice in my head keeps screaming SCUM! LYNNNCH HIM! But RL is RL and cannot be avoided so I guess he gets a pass for now.
This is more proof he didn't investigate you.
In post 672, Lootifer wrote:Time to ISO bjc. Then I'll prob vote.
No way he'd waste time annoncing an ISO on you if he investigated you D1.
In post 686, Lootifer wrote: For me it's all about probabilities. I think bjc and 3dice
could
be a scum team, but I think that less likely than IKD being scum (stand alone read, no associative stuff here).
No way he'd be implying that you're scum if he investigated you. Wouldn't want the risk.
In post 633, Lootifer wrote:Not much to say until my ex-scumbuddy posts tbh. Apart from this:
In post 605, dwsnsl5 wrote:Holy poop. I have a butt ton of GM vs 3Dice/reinoe to go through. Dang.
This post would have been excusable if you had actually followed it up with some content (hence why I didn't reply sooner), as it is now it just looks like you are attempting to fly below the radar.

If you are town you need to start helping. I've given you a pass since you sounded like newbtown, but that is quickly going to fade unless you make an effort to actually participate in the game.
Unfortunately here's an implication that he didn't investigate dws either. So he probably investigated either myself or fferrylt D1.
In post 754, imkingdavid wrote:
bjc wrote:As for our dead hero, ffery, I decided to compare her last reads with mine. I don't agree with two of those, and agree with one. So now my vote stays on I AM KING DAVID and I encourage everyone to do the same.
Why are her suspicions relevant in terms of your case? You're working hard to associate yourself with her as town ("our dead hero"), and by pointing out that your case agrees with hers you're trying to make your own case stronger. But at this point I haven't really seen a case against me.
In post 815, bjc wrote:Its obvious he investigated me.

Even though the point was initially brought up by IKD, who was scum, please stop using the dead to bolster your own town cred. It makes my skin crawl. Let's just focus on lynching 3DICE.

Selkie
dwsnsl5
dwsnsl5
Goon
dwsnsl5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:28 am

Post by dwsnsl5 »

yay! we got "teh scumzz"!
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:58 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 816, reinoe wrote:So he probably investigated either myself or fferrylt D1.
Actually an investigate on ffery does seem pretty likely now that you mention it...
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:18 am

Post by bjc »

In post 659, bjc wrote:
vote: I am King David

You are way too cautious in your word choices, way too careful in how you word things. Your play screams tiptoeing to me and you're not really trying. The language of "I'm really comfortable" and stuff like that indicates scum OR lazy town - neither of which are good.

I'm bored on a Sunday morning and have some time to do reading.
In post 660, bjc wrote:Not to mention the pathetic scolding at dwsnls. I'm actually feeling good about you being scum. You're thinking more about how to get by, and you are becoming apathetic on the basis of being tired of making up horrible cases on players you know are town.
Tell me if these posts, and the timing of everything, suggest I bussed IKD.
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:40 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

Yeah, I know me and IKD look like the scum team. That's great and all, but give me time to find the REAL last scum, then you guys can lynch me and lynch that person tomorrow. Agreed?
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:47 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

Reinoe - Why are you trying to disprove he copped bjc when "I'm teh scumz"?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:18 am

Post by reinoe »

3dicerolling wrote:Reinoe - Why are you trying to disprove he copped bjc when "I'm teh scumz"?
bjc made a comment that I thought was erroneous. He used a dead player to build himself up again. It made me feel icky.

Why was your WIFOM so flat? WIFOM allows you to engage in any theory you want withou anyone calling b.s. On it. It was a soft-ball pass to clear suspicion. If you're scum please concede now. I want to hurry up and get my first completed game.

Selkie
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:28 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 822, reinoe wrote:
3dicerolling wrote:Reinoe - Why are you trying to disprove he copped bjc when "I'm teh scumz"?
bjc made a comment that I thought was erroneous. He used a dead player to build himself up again. It made me feel icky.

Why was your WIFOM so flat? WIFOM allows you to engage in any theory you want withou anyone calling b.sOn it. It was a soft-ball pass to clear suspicion. If you're scum please concede now. I want to hurry up and get my first completed game.
Are you really putting bjc in as possible scum?

I have no idea what you mean by flat. I was being honest with my thoughts. The thing is, the question was pretty useless because dice-scum would pretty much say the same thing as dice-town for that question, so it's just null.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:39 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 823, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 822, reinoe wrote:

Why was your WIFOM so flat? WIFOM allows you to engage in any theory you want withou anyone calling b.sOn it. It was a soft-ball pass to clear suspicion. If you're scum please concede now. I want to hurry up and get my first completed game.
Are you really putting bjc in as possible scum?

I have no idea what you mean by flat. I was being honest with my thoughts. The thing is, the question was pretty useless because dice-scum would pretty much say the same thing as dice-town for that question, so it's just null.
Of course it's possible. He's not cop cleared, nobody is this game. After I called loot/ froth scum team and was proven wrong I learned a lesson. Nobody should be 100 percent and in light of how newbie1476 ended you should never be 100 on anything unless you're the cop doing the investigation.

If you're town you should build a convincing case on someone. If you're scum please concede.

Selkie

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”