Newbie 1495 (DAY 4) - The One where Everyone got Murdered

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Jcozmo »

1) I think he didn't have any notable actions, appears to me we was simply not playing either way.

2) I haven't played this game enough that I could say what his playable is in general, but in this particular game I lean towards scum

3) Naming a top 2 is difficult but #1 for me at this time would be Zayzeck
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Jcozmo »

Sorry, a few typos from auto correct, mean "he" for "we" in #1, and "play style" for "playable in #2
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 416, enomis wrote:@Mala:
LOL. As if i will just play a completely different approach as scum from my town one. If i am like that, everyone would be catching my scum game all day. Also, i tend to change my town approaches. Maybe it's just adapting to the game?
Also, the reason i am abit out of sync with my meta is i just came back from a hiatus?

Are you still going on with your wolfy/BBT scum thingy? The logic is just bad. And how did Xayz/eno scum thingy form up? Or is that just POE.
In my opinion, you are playing pretty bad this game. Your scum reading seems off. I am not sure if its because you are just scum or because you are just having a bad game.(which you say you can't read newbies and stuff)

This bothers me. I have seen scum AND town both use this argument as a counterargument, but usually see it from scum more. People play differently as either alignments to mess meta up so tbh anything is possible and this is very WIFOMY.

Or the reason why you are out of sync is because you replaced into a scum slot..?

Yep, I still believe at least one of them are scum. The logic isn't bad, but thanks for trying to dismiss anything I say. If you actually read the thread Xayz posted something that looked like a scum slip and I just don't like your slot. Your pred never posted anything of value to be fair so your intro in didn't give me warm and fuzzies.

Again nice dismissal of my reads.

I don't like you, you are scum and please eat rope, before or after I die, preferably before.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by Jcozmo »

In post 425, Jcozmo wrote:1) I think he didn't have any notable actions, appears to me
he
was simply not playing either way.

2) I haven't played this game enough that I could say what his
play style
is in general, but in this particular game I lean towards scum

3) Naming a top 2 is difficult but #1 for me at this time would be
Xayzeck
Sorry had to fix multiple words now that I'm at a computer instead of my phone.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Can you explain your scumread on Xayzeck?

Just saying he's scum at this point when we have nothing to read you with is troubling.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 429, Shinobi wrote:Can you explain your scumread on Xayzeck?

Just saying he's scum at this point when we have nothing to read you with is troubling.

Why didn't Enomis' post
similar
to this did not bother you then...?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Jcozmo »

Well I think that's two separate issues.

1. I was asked a question and answered it. You are asking a different question so I'll answer that as well. IMO He hasn't taken a line in this game that furthers the townie agenda, and that seems clearer to me than with others who have muddied the waters more. Several other people here have had or still seem to be of that same opinion (scum) yet no one has really voted that way and I'm really not sure why. After posting my first impression I went over some iso's and that point seems more pronounced. I feel like the lack of contribution by the replaced players has something to do with it.

Your other statement doesn't make much sense to me. Of course you know nothing about me, that's the whole reason I'm even in this game currently, I'm not sure why my having an opinion when I had 430 posts-worth of material to work with would be troubling.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 430, Malakittens wrote:

Why didn't Enomis' post
similar
Here are some reasons:
1) Enomis is a player that you have played with. He is a nonentity to me, whereas you already know his modus operandi.
2) Jcozmo is a replacement with no prior game experience. He replaced someone that did nothing but straight up parrot what another player (the cop) was saying, which was a rather bland list of reads anyway.
3) You beat me to it.

Though the one thing I would like to point out is that his response is kind of shitty. I don't really like the way he writes this giant post that boils down to "lol u suk ur wrong." His townread on Wolfy is alright...I guess? I still think it's kind of a stretch, but if multiple people are saying it then I might just be wrong about Wolfy.
Jcozmo wrote:Well I think that's two separate issues.

1. I was asked a question and answered it. You are asking a different question so I'll answer that as well. IMO He hasn't taken a line in this game that furthers the townie agenda, and that seems clearer to me than with others who have muddied the waters more. Several other people here have had or still seem to be of that same opinion (scum) yet no one has really voted that way and I'm really not sure why. After posting my first impression I went over some iso's and that point seems more pronounced. I feel like the lack of contribution by the replaced players has something to do with it.

Your other statement doesn't make much sense to me. Of course you know nothing about me, that's the whole reason I'm even in this game currently, I'm not sure why my having an opinion when I had 430 posts-worth of material to work with would be troubling.
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but your whole scumread basically boils down to "he hasn't been contributing?" Why is it that not contributing makes him scum in this circumstance? If people contribute, are they automatically town?

The fact that you only have one scumread based off of someone "not contributing" is somewhat odd. Contributions are not an inherently townie trait; scum can push town players under the guise of "being town." They have voices as well. If scum players contribute to mislynches, how would you go about finding them?

Here's another question: who do you currently townread? What is the reasoning behind that?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by enomis »

@mala:
It is bad logic. Lets say player1 was parroting player2. Why would a town player1 parrot a scum player2? Only a scum player1 MAY parrot a town player 2.
Therefore, it does not goes both way. Thus, this logic does not mean either of them must be scum.
And the both of them are town so....

I read the thread but i did not see the scumslip. But if you saw the scumslip, why is your vote not on him? I think you never voted or questioned him? at all throughout the game even when mora was calling the town whole game to jump on his xayzeck wagon. Maybe you could direct the scumslip post to me?

And i am scum because you don't like me.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by enomis »

Ok, you did had him as your scum target. Fair enough. But why is post 71 even a scumslip??? Mind explaining?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by enomis »

Hmm, ok i see your explanation, but in that context, i think it isn't a scumslip.
Lets say he is town. He could be saying that he hasn't seen your scum game yet. Which meant he hasn't seen your scumgame BEFORE this game.
I am not sure whether i explained it rite but that post is not a scumslip.

Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Post by Wolfy »

In post 421, Shinobi wrote:
If Wolfy is town, then the only people I'd probably vote off today are Xayzeck and Mala, unless I'm forgetting someone.
Those are my favourites too...
But I still haven't heard enough from enomis or jcozmo in particular so I'm not in a great rush.

So, jcozmo, let's have some reads with reasons.
Do you agree with Moratorium that I am town?
What about BBT?
Are you in the Mala camp where one of us must be scum?
What about Shinobi, Mala, Mora and enomis?
You've already said you think Xayzeck is scum - is that still the case?
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post by Jcozmo »

In post 432, Shinobi wrote:
In post 430, Malakittens wrote:

Why didn't Enomis' post
similar
Here are some reasons:
1) Enomis is a player that you have played with. He is a nonentity to me, whereas you already know his modus operandi.
2) Jcozmo is a replacement with no prior game experience. He replaced someone that did nothing but straight up parrot what another player (the cop) was saying, which was a rather bland list of reads anyway.
3) You beat me to it.

Though the one thing I would like to point out is that his response is kind of shitty. I don't really like the way he writes this giant post that boils down to "lol u suk ur wrong." His townread on Wolfy is alright...I guess? I still think it's kind of a stretch, but if multiple people are saying it then I might just be wrong about Wolfy.
Jcozmo wrote:Well I think that's two separate issues.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but your whole scumread basically boils down to "he hasn't been contributing?" Why is it that not contributing makes him scum in this circumstance? If people contribute, are they automatically town?

The fact that you only have one scumread based off of someone "not contributing" is somewhat odd. Contributions are not an inherently townie trait; scum can push town players under the guise of "being town." They have voices as well. If scum players contribute to mislynches, how would you go about finding them?

Here's another question: who do you currently townread? What is the reasoning behind that?
You've jumped to quite a few conclusions there. And put some words in my mouth.

No I would not say my whole scumread boils down to not contributing - It's what he has contributed that leads me to a scumread. No, I do not have only one scumread. I said that naming a top 2 is difficult. Naming a top 1 was not.

Who do I town read?

Mora, BBT, and MM - The first two for fairly transparent scumhunting throughout, the last due mostly to the panic claim incident.

If you are looking for a hyper-analyzed report for each read I have this will be disappointing, because I won't have that. I read here somewhere, and agree, that true scumslips are likely rarer than advertised. Most posts are made with a purpose, and what those are set to accomplish leads me to a general feel for the motivations of the poster. I read this game thread in context and then followed up by reviewing ISO's to confirm or change my "gut" feel on specific people. This is where my initial reads have come from from.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:07 am

Post by Moratorium »

In post 427, Malakittens wrote:
LOL. As if i will just play a completely different approach as scum from my town one. If i am like that, everyone would be catching my scum game all day. Also, i tend to change my town approaches. Maybe it's just adapting to the game?
Also, the reason i am abit out of sync with my meta is i just came back from a hiatus?

Are you still going on with your wolfy/BBT scum thingy? The logic is just bad. And how did Xayz/eno scum thingy form up? Or is that just POE.
In my opinion, you are playing pretty bad this game. Your scum reading seems off. I am not sure if its because you are just scum or because you are just having a bad game.(which you say you can't read newbies and stuff)

This bothers me. I have seen scum AND town both use this argument as a counterargument, but usually see it from scum more.
People play differently as either alignments to mess meta up so tbh anything is possible and this is very WIFOMY.

Or the reason why you are out of sync is because you replaced into a scum slot..?

Yep, I still believe at least one of them are scum. The logic isn't bad, but thanks for trying to dismiss anything I say. If you actually read the thread Xayz posted something that looked like a scum slip and I just don't like your slot. Your pred never posted anything of value to be fair so your intro in didn't give me warm and fuzzies.

I don't like you, you are scum and please eat rope, before or after I die, preferably before.
The last flailing words of a dying cat. This guy is your biggest suspicion, huh? You are presenting a wifom argument about wifom. Get lynched, please.
In post 433, enomis wrote:@mala:
No, you are scum because it's convenient.

Deadline is in three days. At least two other players not currently voting for Mala have explicitly expressed a scum read on her. I'm pointing this out explicitly here because the last page or so of conversation feels.... like a distraction. Votes on Malakittens, por favor.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:12 am

Post by Jcozmo »

In post 436, Wolfy wrote:
In post 421, Shinobi wrote:
If Wolfy is town, then the only people I'd probably vote off today are Xayzeck and Mala, unless I'm forgetting someone.
Those are my favourites too...
But I still haven't heard enough from enomis or jcozmo in particular so I'm not in a great rush.

So, jcozmo, let's have some reads with reasons.
Do you agree with Moratorium that I am town?
What about BBT?
Are you in the Mala camp where one of us must be scum?
What about Shinobi, Mala, Mora and enomis?
You've already said you think Xayzeck is scum - is that still the case?
1. Do you agree with Moratorium that I am town? No, not particularly. But I also don't know Mora's mother.
2. What about BBT? See above post
3. Are you in the Mala camp where one of us must be scum? No, this line didn't make a ton of sense to me. I'm not saying that one isn't, but I didn't agree with the reasoning that corners one of the two as scum.
4. What about Shinobi, Mala, Mora and enomis? For mora, see my last post. The others are Null to Null leans one way or the other for me.
5. You've already said you think Xayzeck is scum - is that still the case? Yes, I'm still comfortable with my what I said 11 hours ago. I guess I'm just headstrong like that.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:14 am

Post by Moratorium »

Jcozmo wrote:But I also don't know Mora's mother.
Strong like bull.
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:15 am

Post by Jcozmo »

In post 438, Moratorium wrote:
In post 427, Malakittens wrote:

This bothers me. I have seen scum AND town both use this argument as a counterargument, but usually see it from scum more.
People play differently as either alignments to mess meta up so tbh anything is possible and this is very WIFOMY.

The last flailing words of a dying cat. This guy is your biggest suspicion, huh? You are presenting a wifom argument about wifom. Get lynched, please.
In post 433, enomis wrote:@mala:
No, you are scum because it's convenient.

Deadline is in three days. At least two other players not currently voting for Mala have explicitly expressed a scum read on her. I'm pointing this out explicitly here because the last page or so of conversation feels.... like a distraction. Votes on Malakittens, por favor.
Why Mala over Xayzeck?
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:17 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 437, Jcozmo wrote:
You've jumped to quite a few conclusions there. And put some words in my mouth.

No I would not say my whole scumread boils down to not contributing - It's what he has contributed that leads me to a scumread. No, I do not have only one scumread. I said that naming a top 2 is difficult. Naming a top 1 was not.

Who do I town read?

Mora, BBT, and MM - The first two for fairly transparent scumhunting throughout, the last due mostly to the panic claim incident.

If you are looking for a hyper-analyzed report for each read I have this will be disappointing, because I won't have that. I read here somewhere, and agree, that true scumslips are likely rarer than advertised. Most posts are made with a purpose, and what those are set to accomplish leads me to a general feel for the motivations of the poster. I read this game thread in context and then followed up by reviewing ISO's to confirm or change my "gut" feel on specific people. This is where my initial reads have come from from.
I'm reading town from this. I may be naive (or just old) but this reads strongly as newbie town to me. I could almost see myself writing it.
In post 438, Moratorium wrote:...Deadline is in three days. At least two other players not currently voting for Mala have explicitly expressed a scum read on her. I'm pointing this out explicitly here because the last page or so of conversation feels.... like a distraction. Votes on Malakittens, por favor.
I agree - votes on Malakittens.
She clearly doesn't like playing scum and it shows.
It feels like we're in limbo/being distracted now - we had to wait for the replacements to post but I think it's time to move forward.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:25 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I'm really happy with where my vote is placed right now. Strange that Mala chose one of the new guys to go after, it certainly gave her some time but I fear that time is running out.

I'm with Wolfy and Mora, let's get this done.
Jcozmo
Jcozmo
Townie
Jcozmo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:31 am

Post by Jcozmo »

I'll still definitely listening to anyone who feels like taking the time to convince me otherwise, but at the moment my vote is Xayzeck. That seems like the lowest hanging scum-fruit to me. I dont see the case for Mala being that strong.

VOTE: Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Xayzeck »

[quote="In post 420, BlueBloodedToffee"]What do you think of the wagon on Mala?

What is your read on Mala?

What do you make of Mora's vote/unvote?

What do you make of Shinobi's post about Wolfy being scum?/quote]
I've seen wagons build up on her as town

nulltown

null. he is town to me, i don't see how voting and unvoting makes him scum all of a sudden

nothing. I thought wolfy could be scum too, but after sitting back and thinking about it it's more like me trying to grasp at someone to scumread, because by PoE, my scumreads are (at the time)lurkers, and scumreading lurkers is pointless
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:37 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 429, Shinobi wrote:Just saying he's scum at this point when we have nothing to read you with is troubling.
Please elaborate how this would be a problem.
GMT+8
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:41 am

Post by Moratorium »

Why Mala over Xayzeck?
Because she's the Wolfy/BBT false dilemma originator (#214)
Because "We can either have a doc or a BP." after a cop claim seems like a scumslip.
Because no reads, no scumhunting all day.
Because wifom arguments and "woe is me I'm terrible Day 1" instead of, you know, participation.
Because now, here, at the cusp of death, suddenly scumhunting, on a target with barely any posts, for bad reasons.

Xayzeck is probably still in my top three (shinobi). Don't like him because of that meta-read on RVS stage and lurker-lynching mentality.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:41 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 444, Jcozmo wrote:I'll still definitely listening to anyone who feels like taking the time to convince me otherwise, but at the moment my vote is Xayzeck. That seems like the lowest hanging scum-fruit to me. I dont see the case for Mala being that strong.

VOTE: Xayzeck
Why can't I be low hanging fruit as town? May I know why you are scumreading me? If you're confident in mescum, who would my buddy be and why?
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:43 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 447, Moratorium wrote:lurker-lynching mentality
I don't recall this ever being a thing with me until BBT convinced me otherwise. confbias much?
GMT+8

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”