Newbie 1509: The Devil's Run (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:24 am

Post by Clusk92 »

And here I was writing a big post defending myself, lol.

GG town, you win.

I played that pretty terribly, being scum is hard, but you guys are good at this!
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:27 am

Post by Alina »

OMG WE WON? YES! Don't sell yourself short, Clusk, you played a great game and I had you as town for a long while, it was only towards the end that I started suspecting you, and then it was mostly blueheaven's lack of ties to you and your ties with him that made me suspect you. You both played well! GG everyone and great job hosting, Baezu!
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Clusk92 »

Cheers, I was going to kill you first night as I you looked the most town to me, but Blueheaven convinced me to let him kill Babi in the end, which is ultimately what screwed us when he got JKed.

Also think that Boon's bussing of me when he was getting lynched didn't help me too much either
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:38 am

Post by Alina »

If Babi hadn't come out with the JK or if he had died, I probably would have kept townreading you guys for a while, so it's probably best you guys were going to let me live. And yeah, boon deciding to come at you made me think he was trying to take suspicion off you via bussing you, lol. You still played well though and I hope we can play on the same team sometime! :3
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Formerfish »

And normally if there is discussion going on you don't hammer.

Hammering while people are talking is a huge scum tell. Cutting off discussion and rational thought is very bad for town.
Andrewseagull
Andrewseagull
Townie
Andrewseagull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Andrewseagull »

In post 419, Alina wrote:Andrew..this is a really elaborate trolling schtick of yours, right? ...Right?
:lol:

Now that we've won I'll come clean.

I wasn't really sure how to act with it being my first game and all, so I decided to play dumb and see where it would get me, it ended up working out all right to be fair, don't think I was ever in danger of being lynched at any point. I just wanted to stay alive.

Just to be clear I knew exactly what I was doing with Neil, I wanted to speed the game up nothing was happening for days on end, I did think he was mafia so I was like, screw it. Unfortunately when it backfired I did panic slightly so in a moment of madness I claimed VT, this was probably the only dumb thing I did unintentionally if you like. Everything else was pretty much an act.

I'm sorry for not being more active but when the world cup turned up my activity on the internet in general was limited let alone on here, as I've spent most nights slouched in front of the telly watching three games each night for the last few weeks.

Good game.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Alina »

:lol: Wow, you had me really confused. So you WERE secretly a mastermind. Not an evil one, mind you. I was actually considering playing somewhat like you did here if I rolled scum for my first game. A part of me kind of wishes I had, because it would've probably been hilarious to try. Well done with the acting! :P I hope I can get to play with you showing your true colors!
Andrewseagull
Andrewseagull
Townie
Andrewseagull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Andrewseagull »

In post 431, Alina wrote::lol: Wow, you had me really confused. So you WERE secretly a mastermind. Not an evil one, mind you. I was actually considering playing somewhat like you did here if I rolled scum for my first game. A part of me kind of wishes I had, because it would've probably been hilarious to try. Well done with the acting! :P I hope I can get to play with you showing your true colors!
If I had played from the start I would've probably played normally, but as I came in late and rarely had time to read back I just stayed quiet and acted like a newbie dumbass to stay alive.

I read the rules thoroughly before I introduced my self, so I knew exactly what was going on and what I was doing, I asked any questions I had privately to a member on here who told me to sign up as he thought I played well in the games I played on another forum before. And yes, game
s
. I lied when I said I've only ever played one game, it's actually more like ten or a dozen, and in some of them I was player of the game!

I won't be another game until after the WC though, that way I'll have time to get stuck in.

Anyway well played all.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Huntress »

Well done everyone!

I'll try to get a few thoughts on the game together in the morning.

I was BP by the way.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 429, Formerfish wrote:And normally if there is discussion going on you don't hammer.

Hammering while people are talking is a huge scum tell. Cutting off discussion and rational thought is very bad for town.
That makes sense - I was fairly confident at that point, and wasn't sure when I'd be able to get back on (now is the first time I've had a chance to post), so I decided to go ahead and do it. I figured if anyone really didn't want me to, they would have said something.

Good game guys....
Huntress
, I had a feeling towards the end that you were BP. Not sure why since we hadn't caught the roleblocker yet so there was no proof, just a gut instinct.
BabiSoup
BabiSoup
Goon
BabiSoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by BabiSoup »

good game guys

thanks for modding baezu
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:33 am

Post by Alina »

@Huntress

I was thinking that we didn't have a bulletproof and we only had all VTs and 2 goons, oh well. :P I didn't suspect it at all, good job!
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Huntress »

Thanks! I think you all did a pretty good job!

I was trying to avoid giving the impression that I knew they had a roleblocker but I don't know how successful I was with that as just talking about it can be a tell in itself.

@ Baezu:
Do we have links to the dead thread and mafia QT?
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:52 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Huntress »

Thanks for the link. :D

Does anyone have the link to the dead thread please? Or know whether there was one?
BabiSoup
BabiSoup
Goon
BabiSoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by BabiSoup »

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina