Newbie 1515: Old-Timey Mafia [GAME OVER]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Bins »

No.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Understandable. But we still need to lynch Thesp.

@Brian - Need you to post, buddy.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by Thesp »

In post 597, Boonskiies wrote:I like how he completely cuts out the fact of my explanation on it.

What explanation? You go to great lengths about how you started to believe Jake from State Farm about him being a townie, but you couldn't go back on your claim at that juncture,
yet you have never explained why you as town would have made a fake guilty claim in the first place
. You've hammered on the Tracker claim switch to the Cop claim as if that's the egregious thing about your play. You blast me for not claiming yesterday, then when it's pointed out that Jake from State Farm agreed I not claim yesterday, you handwave it away as Appeal to Emotion (which doesn't make any sense whatsoever). You're simply ignoring facts and gamestate in hopes that you can get one person to waver and vote me.

Can you explain why an investigative role would fakeclaim a guilty investigation on someone they didn't know was actually scum? Because it's patently obvious why scum would do that. I'm all ears.

We've got to lynch Boonskiies today or we lose. If he's a roleblocker, we win outright (as the doc can protect me and I can get a clean investigation). If not, we're still in good shape tomorrow (especially since it's probably Honey Bee at this point).
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by Thesp »

In post 598, Bins wrote:I like how I'm probably the dumbest town ever if I lynch Thesp but I still think he's scum.

Why do you think I'm scum?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Thesp »

I'm going to bed now. This game has not been good for my sleep. :/
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm the one ignoring statements? I have clearly given every reasoning for everything I've been asked of. You, being ignorant, albeit you are scum so it's not true ignorance, are refusing to acknowledge my post/not even reading because you are scum. Seriously...we need to end this game. Vote me and end it now, or vote Thesp, and then we get our night break.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Bins »

Uhm. HOW ABOUT THE SLEEP I'VE BEEN GETTING?!

I'm saying I'm going to vote Thesp, Boon. But I'm still seriously considering lynching you out of policy.

gtkas
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

That is going against your win condition if you are town, but I really don't give a fuck anymore, so do whatever the hell you want.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm not going to post anymore on this thread, so do what you will. I will make my investigation if you people are competent enough to hit scum, I'll place my vote, and then this game is over.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by Bins »

I know this was ignored.

But were there ANY crumbs? I expected this from you, Thesp.

gtkas
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Gah, my freaking thrive to actually want to win the game keeps me posting. I will hammer myself if someone votes me other than thesp/honey. Just to end this dreaded game.

I have absolutely no crumbs. Everything about me has been said.

BRIAN POSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:11 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 609, Bins wrote:I know this was ignored.

But were there ANY crumbs? I expected this from you, Thesp.

Sorry I missed this question. No, I didn't crumb. I didn't crumb D1. By the time I posted on D2, Boonskiies had already claimed to draw me out, and I didn't want to tip my hand, so I didn't crumb then. I also didn't crumb D3 because I was pondering whether we should claim at all (when the claiming started happening anyway), and I wanted to continue keeping my hands close to my chest, especially since I still wasn't sure if we had a Doctor or not.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:12 am

Post by Honey bee »

The thing about night kills is that scum don't kill in the same ways, and have reasons to kill people more than just "they were really town". There's power role hunting, there's killing people for the purpose of WIFOM of the reason why, there's killing people just because they don't think the person will benefit them in the long run, etc. Scum aren't oblivious to the way townies will look at their kill and try to outguess the scum. That's why other methods than killing the towniest person to keep ahead of town.

Also, from personal experience I don't like NK analysis, because I lost a game because I tried it. I don't have the game unfortunately because the website server crashed and erased it, But I will provide you an example of scum team who had used the night kill as WIFOM.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=21338 < game.
http://quicktopic.com/47/H/AgDGkULj6gP < scum topic

This game isn't mine, but my friend was in it (CCV). Day one she was killed because she targeted only the lynch target.
So yeah, night kill analysis has its place (multiball) but otherwise I don't ever use it. I don't know why Cheery and Gott were killed, and the only reasons I could come up with could be just what the scum team wants me to think.

And I agree that boon could not have guessed to claim cop if thesp and brian were both power roles, but that only clears me and you as boon's partner, and you were already cleared by thesp. Otherwise, the vote is just inbetween which claims are right and which are wrong.

In post 586, Boonskiies wrote:@Honey - you need to post. You've been online since. Post.
Ok, A. No B. Why are you asking me for posts when you completely ignored my post about you?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:20 am

Post by Thesp »

Boonskiies, two things:

In post 605, Boonskiies wrote:I'm the one ignoring statements? I have clearly given every reasoning for everything I've been asked of.

(1) Can you do me a favor, then? Can you quote the part where you answered this question? I've double- and triple-checked your posts, and I don't see it. If not, can you just answer it?
In post 602, Thesp wrote:Can you explain why an investigative role would fakeclaim a guilty investigation on someone they didn't know was actually scum? Because it's patently obvious why scum would do that. I'm all ears.

(2) Also, can you explain what you meant by this post?
In post 511, Boonskiies wrote:AtE on his part. And at this point, I'd like to wait for Honey/Brian to chime in. Please...see it.

If you've "given reasoning for everything I've been asked of", then it should be trivial to quote where you addressed these (particularly the first), or you can otherwise explain them.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:35 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 579, Thesp wrote:
In post 564, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 551, Thesp wrote:
In post 542, Brian Skies wrote:Thesp, I thought you had a townread on Gottemer, why'd you cop him N1?

Good question. A couple of reasons - he had been getting some heat early (which I thought would continue later in the game), and I wanted a bit more backup on him. He also hadn't really put a lot out there, so it was partially a sanity check. I also figured he wouldn't be nightkilled, so I'd have an investigation that could stand until it came claim time.

It makes some sense. But why not check one of your scumreads, though?

In post 325, Thesp wrote:BoroPhil, Boonskiies, and Jake from State Farm are in the "want to face murder" pile.

^?

They were already getting enough heat and discussion. My cop play is a bit different from what appears to be the norm - I usually investigate players with the least information out there, and who I think are unlikely to be nightkilled. Jake from State Farm already had volumes written by and about him and was generating heat like crazy, and I figured he wouldn't make it to the endgame. I actually figured Boonskiies was going to get lynched on D2 (and was certainly going to be the prime lynch target), and didn't want to out myself having to defend the indefensible (if he was innocent) or lynch someone we would probably lynch anyway (if he was guilty). Cop investigations are most invaluable if the cop can stay underground for a few nights, and surface with several results on living players.

The only part I think is outside of the norm is your sanity check. Other than that, I think that's how I would have played the role if I had it, except I would have checked one of my null reads.

In post 574, Honey bee wrote:Brian's read is just reading like planning ahead as boons partner because he says he believed I was town and now says I have a scummy connection with boonskiies.
So if we do lynch boon and he turns scum, I'm guilty by association.

Thesp claimed an innocent on Bins. You should have a mirrored perspective.

In post 587, Bins wrote:God dammit. See, I think Boon's town.

I don't. His play makes a lot of sense to me as a scum player who had a roleblocker on his team and he wanted to take advantage of it. If I'm wrong, I'm already over it.

In post 612, Honey bee wrote:And I agree that boon could not have guessed to claim cop if thesp and brian were both power roles, but that only clears me and you as boon's partner, and you were already cleared by thesp. Otherwise, the vote is just inbetween which claims are right and which are wrong.

I'm sorry. How are you clear from being Boons' partner again?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:43 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Vote: Boonskiies
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:46 am

Post by Honey bee »

VOTE: Boonskiies
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:46 am

Post by Honey bee »

sorry guys :(
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:46 am

Post by Honey bee »

THESP WTF WHY DIDN"T YOU HIGH 5 ME
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:49 am

Post by Honey bee »

ok I got to go to work but this game was sad.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:31 am

Post by Bins »

God, dammit.

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Bins »

I wanted to vote Thesp but it legit pairs me to go with the guy who fake claimed as town to mislynch.

Ugh, this hurts.

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Bins »

*pained

gtkas
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:46 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 621, Bins wrote:I wanted to vote Thesp but it legit pairs me to go with the guy who fake claimed as town to mislynch.

Ugh, this hurts.

Boonskiies doesn't deserve to win this game. All 4 of us today that aren't Boonskiies do.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:56 am

Post by Bins »

Yeah, I don't blame Brian for voting him at all.

gtkas

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”