Newbie 1519 : Murder in the Barracks (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:06 am

Post by burn_209 »

Aphix the reason bullish didn't kill anyone on night one is because he figured that with all the attention that was on him day 1 that the tracker would investigate him. Honestly it was a good call and a smart move. However I have no fucking idea how, when he said you made the no kill the first night, people didn't use their fucking brains and see that there was no reason for you to no kill if you were scum. You were not being overly suspicious. The only reason I targeted you was because of the way you posted towards the end of the day. There was ABSOLUTELY no reason for you to do that.

I can forgive being wrong. Honestly this is a hard game to win and even harder to get things right it. But when evidence, facts, process of elimination, and deductive reasoning that my 6 year old brother could do says that one of two people HAVE TO be scum and you have two lynches left and you manage to fuck it up....you are a fucking idiot.

Perfect example of being a fucking idiot was the no lynch. Why in the royal fuck would you no lynch right there? Where in the depths of your mind did you think that was going to do anything but prolong the game? I really want to know how ANYTHING that came from no lynching was going to help town. Like seriously when you said in thinkin no lynch I couldn't fucking believe it.
Bullish
Bullish
Goon
Bullish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Bullish »

In post 495, aphix wrote:

Anyways, I share your frustrations Burn, and although I'm always suspicious of claims, at least after the flip it allowed me to reassess the game and move forward.

At least until the end this game has gone over much better then most my other games that have been chock full of town fake claims and really bad plays. So in comparison good game guys.

Town fake claims are the worst. But Trin's gambit at the beginning was brilliant.

My Question is though, no kill night one. I don't know if I agree with that. Mathematically I don't know if it gives you a better chance of not being tracked later. If that was on purpose is that to try and get more information on killing tracker?

I was almost sure that I was going to get tracked, because of my activity level. My case against you getting tracked was utter bullshyt. Pretty much everything I said after DP3 was total and complete bullshyt.
Searchable Signature #865
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:10 am

Post by burn_209 »

Funny how the one good call Bullish made didn't work out for him haha. Bullish you know you had no business winning this game right? If it were anyone on the entire site other than the two players that were left you would have got pinned
Bullish
Bullish
Goon
Bullish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Bullish »

In post 500, burn_209 wrote:
Perfect example of being a fucking idiot was the no lynch. Why in the royal fuck would you no lynch right there? Where in the depths of your mind did you think that was going to do anything but prolong the game? I really want to know how ANYTHING that came from no lynching was going to help town. Like seriously when you said in thinkin no lynch I couldn't fucking believe it.

I was the only guy who didn't VTNL and I was scum :D
Bullish
Bullish
Goon
Bullish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:12 am

Post by Bullish »

In post 502, burn_209 wrote:Funny how the one good call Bullish made didn't work out for him haha. Bullish you know you had no business winning this game right? If it were anyone on the entire site other than the two players that were left you would have got pinned

I know. I'm seriously feeling a survivor's guilt right now. You saw my post saying how I already had a loss concession speech typed up. Lol.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:16 am

Post by burn_209 »

Trin started off so well too and then went full retard while yukari was full retard the entire game. Having trin was better than forever though. That chick was useless and needed to go fast.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Why did you kill burn after his claim so the flip confirmed everything he was saying?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:07 am

Post by singersigner »

Oh wow, how disappointing. :(

It is a wonder when the two more experienced players left don't see the more obvious play, but people make mistakes. I just lost a lylo that I felt awful about. Granted, situations are a bit different, but whatever.

In any case, burn, I understand your frustration, but it's not like Bullish is rubbing it in anyone's face. He made good choices and played a good game considering the partner he had. Like Elmo said in the dead thread, no one looked at his connections except me being wrong about math. It does suck when it feels more like a town loss than a scum win, but that's what happened with a team game. I'm sorry you feel cheated out of what seemed like a guaranteed win.

I explained this in the dead thread but I'll touch back on it again now: I REALLY WISH WE DIDN'T HAVE A QUICK LYNCH DAY TWO. I'm still kicking myself for voting while telling others not to vote, but I guess I focused more on wanting to set an example of town voting to give information rather than withholding it and keeping the town guessing.

A couple things I wish I had delved into further but obviously dying didn't allow me, too:
-tracker claims are almost always legit and shouldn't be doubted, especially when a newbie claims it
-stick with your gut! Y'all had bullish pinned D1 and I messed with that. Don't forget who you thought was scum and keep discussing those options
-(almost) never trust a scenario laid out for you that implicates someone else's previous innocence as scum. In this case, aphix was cleared but bullish had already thought through his own clear scenario and had to change that to implicate a guilty on someone who should've been confirmed innocent
-math hammering himself was not ok. It's not techincally against his wincon, but it directly limited his team's ability to continue confirming their reads in the off-chance he was town (which only he knew at that point)
-something something...I forget...
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Bullish
Bullish
Goon
Bullish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:53 am

Post by Bullish »

In post 506, Flubbernugget wrote:Why did you kill burn after his claim so the flip confirmed everything he was saying?

Because he wasn't CC'd, so what he said was already confirmed. Townies should never fake claim.
Yukari
Yukari
Goon
Yukari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Yukari »

We aren't very good.. any1 gots any tips for scumhunting?
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 507, singersigner wrote:. Like Elmo said in the dead thread, no one looked at his connections except me being wrong about math.

This is good advice.
Also you had bullish D1 I made that case simple but you went for me because "IC" said so. Sadly you all sheepishly just went with her and it cost you in the end I feel
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by aphix »

I strongly disagreed with the NL I even stated that its just progressing the game. But trying to push a lynch at that time would have not gone well for me I feel due to the tone of the day. Its hard to explain it. But if two absolutely confirmed players are going to push a nl there isn't a reason for me as town to go against that. Unfortunately working with town isn't considered a town trait.

Trin I don't personally blame you I'm sure I could have end gamed that better. And I think yukari putting everything on you wasn't helpful. Not to mention I'm upset I spent that much time fighting a bullish lynch. You started the game well in my opinion bullish.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Why did you push the lynch on me when I was as good as dead the day after anyway.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by Mina »

Goodbye.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”