Newbie 1533 - GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:21 am

Post by Rob14 »

Llamafluff,
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched Day 5.
Teen Girl Squad,
Vanilla Townie
, has been endgamed Day 5.

Shiro,
Mafia Roleblocker
, and TheFuzzylogic99,
Mafia Goon
, have won!

----

Role Distribution:

Shiro - Mafia Roleblocker
Bullish - VT
Fluminator - Town Cop
notscience - VT
Teen Girl Squad - VT
DrCirno - Town Doctor
TheFuzzylogic99 (SE) - Mafia Goon
tn5421 (SE) - VT
Llamafluff (IC) - VT

Night 1:
DrCirno - Protect: Llamafluff (resolves)
Fluminator - Investigate: tn5421 (resolves; Not Mafia)
Shiro - Roleblock: Bullish (resolves)
Shiro - Kill: Fluminator (resolves)

Night 2:
DrCirno - Protect: Llamafluff (fails; roleblocked by Shiro)
Shiro - Roleblock: DrCirno (resolves)
Thefuzzylogic99 - Kill: tn5421 (resolves)

Night 3:
DrCirno - Protect: Llamafluff (resolves)
Shiro - No kill; Roleblock: TGS (resolves)

Night 4:
DrCirno - Protect: ??? (fails; roleblocked by Shiro)
Shiro - Kill: DrCirno (resolves): Roleblock: DrCirno (resolves)

----

Scum PT: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=58765
Dead PT: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=58918

----

Some notes that I took responding to various things that happened during the game below. I'm making a separate post to address the DrCirno claims.

1) Csareo said early that bypassing RVS is anti-town. No, it’s not. RVS is a tool for starting the game. It’s not a particularly useful one, but when you have no content in the game yet, it’s the most effective one you’ve got. If, by the time you get to the game after it starts, there’s enough content to skip a random vote and progress to serious content-based votes, then that’s REALLY good for town. If you think about it, this is actually pretty obvious: votes based on who you think is scummy are preferable to random votes that have nothing to do with alignment.

2) On the other hand, you should really always be voting someone. Your vote is a tool to scumhunt, and using it to apply pressure is the town’s most effective way of finding scum during the day. When you’re not voting anyone, you’re wasting that tool. Even if you have no scum suspects, pick out something and vote the person who did it to see how they squirm.

3) I majorly disagree with Llama about lists. Lists help hold town accountable, especially early on. They force people to articulate reads on all players, preventing scum from maintaining their flexibility and being able to transition into either a town or scum read on a player depending on whichever is more convenient later on. I DO agree with the idea that town reads lists help scum, but the negative given by those is outweighed by the positive of forcing scum to give reads lists. Of course, I’m assuming that you force all players to give one - if you just give one and allow others to skate by, then what Llama’s saying may be closer to the truth. As a side note, for me personally, they help me organize my thoughts as town - I refer back to my reads lists often to track my own evolution of thinking to ensure nothing is weird (i.e. I wasn’t fooled by someone who I should have paid more attention to).

4) Someone asked if we have more replacements than normal. For newbie games, we have a "normal" amount of replaces, but we're over what I would call average for actual games. This is because newbies are much more likely to start a game and then either find out they don't like it or just lose interest. Once you get into the rest of the queues, replacements will not be as frequent, although they do still happen. You can take a look at games in other queues if you want to get an idea of how frequent replacements actually are.

5) Fuzzy should really have opted to provide fake reasoning for his vote when he tried to quick hammer. There's no detriment to doing so, really, but a naked vote is an instant lynch in LyLo for obvious reasons. He nearly not only got himself lynched but gave away his partner by not putting in the little extra effort to provide fake reasoning for his vote.

6) In LyLo, you have to slow down. There's NEVER a good reason, unless you have a cop guilty on scum or something, to insta-vote in LyLo. TGS seemed to think he should do so to avoid being talked out of his read, but that's only a good strategy if you're right. If you're wrong, you want to be talked out of your read. If you assume that it's more likely that town would convince you they're town than that scum would convince you they're town (which is something you kind of have to assume to play Mafia - that people as scum look different than people as town), then it's obvious that you want to at least let the "talking you out of it" play out, whether or not its successful.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Rob14 »

So, the DrCirno stuff. For those who might not immediately know what I'm talking about, DrCirno claimed earlier in the game that I gave him role information before he decided to replace in, and then allowed him to switch the accounts that he used to breadcrumb his role in his name.

Flat out:
This did not happen.

The reason I want to make this very clear is because, if this had happened, it would be a stunning example of a moderator not only talking about ongoing games with those who are not yet a part of them (i.e. giving him role info before he replaces in) but would also represent a moderator purposefully allowing a player to bring outside influences into the game. Both of these things, had they occurred, would easily be something that should land me in hot water as a moderator ... like "can never mod a game again" style of hot water. Frankly, I think that if they were true, a site-wide ban of some duration would be closer to the appropriate punishment for me.

I do not know what possessed DrCirno to claim that I had made such a horrific error as a mod and try to bring in a huge instance of "outguess the mod/guess of the mod knows how to moderate" into a newbie game. I also don't know why he decided to lie as town in the first place. Whatever his motivations, I want to reiterate that
this did not happen
. The first time that DrCirno saw his role was after he requested to use his DrCirno alt, and it was sent directly to the DrCirno account. He never received any shred of role information over Site Chat, as he claimed. Not to toot my own horn, but I consider myself to be a fairly solid moderator in terms of technical skills, and I would never do anything like what was claimed.

Because these are serious allegations, even if I expect that DrCirno will agree that they were false now that the game is over, I handed this situation over to the listmod immediately when it came up in thread, to allow Vel-Rahn Koon to investigate as thoroughly as he felt necessary to. As I understand it, he considers the situation to be resolved.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:33 am

Post by notscience »

my 3 townreads were right

victory
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:45 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Yeah , I figured that it was a safe calculated move since noone in the game was online and so there was noone too unvote. Shiro was online and he was going to quick vote and seal the deal. I guess he had something else going on. It was a calculated move. I was kinda dead anyways so I actually dont see any big down side. This is to say i was going to be lynched no matter what I did. I was thinking that with a vote and two scum online its a no duh moment to finish the deal.

The OMG moment with the IV posts was sincere and had nothing to do with being scum. I would of done the same if I was town. I absolutely never claimed or soft claimed until I was at l-1. I dont kknow if this was a blatent lie or if Ciro was reading into something that was not there.Kinda curious on hearing on this topic. I honestly did feel Ciro was twisting my words and balntly lying. I dont know if that was the case

Not sure how the heck people let Ciro off the hook so easily,,,, His claim scummy and he should of gotten ran up for it. I have to give it to him he took a chance with the crumb claim and got away with it. Props man. Good work
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Fluminator »

Good game mafia. I was in the game for a very short time but I still skimmed through it all. Figured I would post my thoughts.
Notscience: You are a funny guy. In a good way.

Bullish: Hope you stay on the site. Do keep note of the fact that only two townies mislynched you.

TN5421: Good playing with you again. Surprised you got killed. I thought you would be the one to end up with the pivotal decision at the end.

Fuzzylogic: You did a good job for the most part. I appreciate how you never gave up. You lasted a lot longer than I thought you would because of it.

DrCirno: You are a really strong player.

Llamafluff: Good job IC ing.

Teen Girl Squad: You did a good job coming across as town to me. You had really good reasons for what you thought. I guess it just didn't work out for you this game.

Shiro: Superb showing. Although you do realize if you post something, it will warn you of all new posts before you finish submitting. I don't think you made any notable mistakes though.
Bullish
Bullish
Goon
Bullish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Bullish »

G.G.
Searchable Signature #865
Bullish
Bullish
Goon
Bullish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:48 am

Post by Bullish »

Shiro MVP. Excellent play.
Searchable Signature #865
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by tn5421 »

I didn't suspect Shiro at all.
WIP
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Shiro »

^_^ Thanks for the kind words.

I also just read the dead thread and yea it was based on Csareo that I figured out your were pr flum XD

Also we killed TN because fuzzy though killing TGS as I wanted made him look way too bad. So I just rolled with it since I though it could be used to frame llahma Tn was my initial person to take at lylo against llahma XD

My god I just read what Cirno posted at the dead PT. I am so glad I choose TGS over him at lylo.....That no kill saved my life.

In any case, I had quite a lot of fun ^_^ Thank you all for an amazing game.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by tn5421 »

*pokes shiro's forehead*
WIP
Teen Girl Squad
Teen Girl Squad
Goon
Teen Girl Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Teen Girl Squad »

What about Csareo gave away to you that he was a PR, anyway?
Listen up, you undapants.

Show me something you drew!
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 935, Teen Girl Squad wrote:What about Csareo gave away to you that he was a PR, anyway?

His attidute. He acted as if he had all the power in the world and nobody could say otherwise.(tillhe got bwed) Just look at the fluff flavour he made. All that to me indicated that he felt powerful, You do not feel so powerful as a VT

His bwed time were you went full defensive also helped cause he realised he needed to break bw before he was forced to claim cop. I think I explained it in one post of mine in one of the days better.
When I made the kill I wasn't 100%(obviosly) and when I saw Flum the town cop died I went like:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/YOUTUBE]
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Shiro »

What is the bloody youtube code in this place DX
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by notscience »

You just need the part after the =
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by Csareo »

Uh, first rule of playing as scum "Don't mention you didn't expect the NK"
An instant give away, and something I hoped the IC would point out.
Always need fresh blood
http://www.edeb8.com/
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by notscience »

Not always
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by Csareo »

It isn't something to lynch someone for, alone, but I have seen it as a trend between scum.
Calling it out would of at least turned suspicion towards Shiro, who otherwise flew by unnoticed.
Unfortunately, the shiro=scum thing didn't click until later in the game.

As for her knowing I was a PR, I have to call bullshit here. I got my role PM confused with another game, so I don't know how I could of given that away.
Always need fresh blood
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by notscience »

Really lmfao

Then you're a false positive for that shit

It's a good thing
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by Shiro »

Really ???

Well I got lucky then XD

Alos I never claimed I was sure, i Just had a hunch based on what I was seeing.
DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by DrCirno »

That breadcrumb was never serious and was meant to be trolling/pure epicness btw.
When llama asked me a question of "but breadcrumb needs to be intentional", the intended repatory was
1. Say that list (with #1 and #2 switched)
2. llama say "but that doesn't make it intentional"
3. I say "well I decided to use it as a breadcrumb after the coincidence happened. Got a problem?"

But then apparently I accidentally got #1 and #2 switched, and I was like "what" when llama said something about unethical.

So yeah, I couldn't back off from that fuck-up since that would most probably cause my lynch because of "lol fakeclaim" so I had to play that out the best as I could.

Also fuzzy, I had an enormous amount of towncred prior to that screw-up with crumbing. As long as I kept my cool, no one sans llama would ever touch me. (Even though I'm thankful of llama being on time to prevent a quicklynch lol)

Also fuzzy says I twisted his words, but honestly I don't think i haven't. It could be my english, bc the similar thing happened to the recently ended open game. But fuzzy was scum even without those reasons so
(It would've been easy thing to get fuzzy lynched if I used meta but I try not to use meta in a newbie game because meta can be silly most of the time.)
Vote: DrCirno
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:55 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

well Doc i like to say theres no hard feeling. I wish IV had not put me in such a bad situation. As I said before I would of felt the same way if I was town. Yeah luckily for you guys I was scum. Honesntly I hope to see you you Doc as well as everyone one else in other games .Its was a fun game

I was surprised I did not get Shiro lynched. Somehow I managed to go 3 -0 as scum despite imploding. I give alot of credit to Shiro for that.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:39 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 942, notscience wrote:Really lmfao

Then you're a false positive for that shit

It's a good thing

A good thing....when you aren't the PR XD Although I still think that

fuzzy wrote: I was surprised I did not get Shiro lynched. Somehow I managed to go 3 -0 as scum despite imploding. I give alot of credit to Shiro for that.

I was surprised myself. I knew Llahma insta picked it up but that didn't concern me at the time he was the person I was taking as my opposition at LyLo so him thinking I am scum was ok, The fact that Cirno didn't tear me apart when I nked confused me a lot but also made me wary which ultimatly lead me to kill Cirno over TGS.

Btw
csareo wrote: I am the Csar, and you are my subjects. Two of you seek to usurp me

That throne was just too tempting : P
^Who doesn't want that face on a throne ?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:13 am

Post by innocentvillager »

I didn't read the whole game after my departure but it looks like Shiro was busting ass out there. Nicely done.

Sorry for the inactivity guys, I've been super busy with a ton of different things and I didn't plan accordingly. Hopefully I'll get around to play again in December or January after dem college apps lolz. I promise I'm like a decent player when I have the time lol.
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:05 am

Post by Csareo »

I'll have to regain my throne in a rematch ;)
Always need fresh blood
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Post by Mina »

Goodbye.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”