Newbie 1546: Binary Trolls (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Bulbazak »

01001001001000000110000101101101001000000111001001101001011001110110100001110100001000000110001001100101011010000110100101101110011001000010000001111001011011110111010100101110

Vote CountTGGC (4): Luca Blight, Toolenduso, Shiro, Netherspite
L-1

Netherspite (0):
Toolenduso (0):
JohnnyFarrar (0):
Shiro (1): TGGC
BlueBloodedToffee (0):
Luca Blight (0):
VictorDeAngelo (1): BlueBloodedToffee
GuyInFreezer (0):

Not Voting (3): VictorDeAngelo, GuyInFreezer, JohnnyFarrar

It is day 1. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day ends on Sunday, November 2 at 11:30pm EST. Countdown: (expired on 2014-11-02 23:30:00).

GuyInFreezer is V/LA until Tuesday, October 28.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:41 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 270, TGGC wrote:
About the imaginary rule: this means loosing 2 townies and a whole day of information. So its a no brainer not to do this.

You're gonna have to explain this one, because it looks like you're answering his hypothetical by saying you know for sure that Shiro is town.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:47 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 274, Netherspite wrote:So you've read every post yet you don't know that Carli already claimed and it was broadly discussed?
Very well. I'm happy with my vote on you then.

He will also have seen that Farrar stated his intent to hammer.

Instead of trying to make a case against anyone else he is trying to make everyone to justify their voting of him, hardly the most inspiring move - he has basically given up, is playing lazily and might as well be hammered now.

I'm still wondering why he isn't pushing the lynch of Nether, his scum read. He's gone for Shiro but clearly has no conviction in it at all.
TGGC
TGGC
Goon
TGGC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:48 am

Post by TGGC »

@Netherspite:
Broadly discussed? Half the players did not even notice what you call a claim.

@JohnnyFarrar:
This special rule only comes into play, when Shiro is town. So in total it even means 4 Townies because of the nightkills.
scum-town ratio calculator - not playing until Evoke is over
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:18 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Well I reiterate:

Intent to hammer
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Netherspite »

@TGGC

Half the players were lurking. Obviously they didn't notice :D

Anyway, I'm sure that you would notice the VT claim if you would read the topic.
Being lazy to read the topic while stating that you did read it + all the things you and your predecessor did = my vote will stay on you until your lynch.

P.S. The only thing that bothers me is that everyone happy with his lynch. If he's scum, where is his partner?
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:45 am

Post by toolenduso »

UNVOTE: TGGC

I would like to hear from GiF before we lynch.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:47 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

There are only 5 people on the wagon (including me). So clearly not everybody is ok with it.

Also bussing is a thing.

P-edit: Why?
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:25 am

Post by toolenduso »

Because I'm paranoid of GiF and I'm not 100% sold on TGGC being scum. So if TGGC flipped town and we gave scumGiF the benefit of not having to weigh in on the current state of affairs before we hammered, I feel like that would be very bad for town.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:40 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 283, toolenduso wrote:Because I'm paranoid of GiF and I'm not 100% sold on TGGC being scum. So if TGGC flipped town and we gave scumGiF the benefit of not having to weigh in on the current state of affairs before we hammered, I feel like that would be very bad for town.

I know you were asked why you unvoted, but isn't this post counter-intuitive as it could affect the way GIF does respond to this situation (if he is scum) because he will now be aware of your paranoia and intentions behind unvoting?

There are a couple of others (Victor, Toffee) who haven't weighed in on this either, does that equally bother you, or are you more interested in GIF?

In the unlikely event of TGGC flipping Town, would GIF gain towncred based on his contributions so far?

You say you aren't completely sold on TGGC being scum, does that mean you are considering pushing another wagon?
TGGC
TGGC
Goon
TGGC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:58 am

Post by TGGC »

@Netherspite:
If you would have read my posts, you might have noticed:
a) I am not going to explain Carli's behaviour
b) I do not consider #98 a claim

So why you suddenly try to push my claim and lynch that fast?
In post 46, Netherspite wrote:
As I've explained previously, some of them will be "filler" questions while some of them will give me useful information to support / deny my theories.
Few days before the deadline I'll share what I've learned and post my whole case on my main suspects.

Still waiting.

In post 284, Luca Blight wrote:In the unlikely event of TGGC flipping Town

What exactly would make that unlikely in your opinion.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Netherspite »

This was either a claim or lie.
I don't really think a PR would lie like that early in the game because it will:
1. Attract suspicion from townies.
2. Won't save from night kill because such claim is WIFOM for scum.
So basically I don't see sane PR doing it.
So it's most likely either VT claiming VT (and then it's indeed a claim) or scum lying.
If you don't consider it a claim then you're saying that you're scum?

Also, I was not going to push on your lynch before you shown obvious unfamiliarity with the game.
I don't see any specific reason for you not to say "My predecessor already claimed, why are you asking for the claim?" if you read the topic...
Now modding:
(Day 2)
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:18 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 284, Luca Blight wrote:I know you were asked why you unvoted, but isn't this post counter-intuitive as it could affect the way GIF does respond to this situation (if he is scum) because he will now be aware of your paranoia and intentions behind unvoting?

By giving his opinion on the wagon, scumGiF would be forced to take a stand he doesn't really believe in. This adds to the record of evidence throughout the game. I don't think knowledge of my paranoia of him adds any pressure that isn't already inherent in the situation. Scum, especially when they have as much experience as GiF, are well aware that town are paranoid of them.

In post 284, Luca Blight wrote:There are a couple of others (Victor, Toffee) who haven't weighed in on this either, does that equally bother you, or are you more interested in GIF?

I'm most interested in GiF because I have some standing suspicion of him. Ideally we should know where everyone stands but GiF is a priority for me right now because
if
he's scum and TGGC is town, GiF's in a pretty cozy spot atm. Toffee has a vote on somebody else so that counts as having weighed in on the TGGC wagon imo. Victor should weigh in too though now that you mention it.

In post 284, Luca Blight wrote:In the unlikely event of TGGC flipping Town, would GIF gain towncred based on his contributions so far?

Possibly, yeah. If nothing else it would give Shiro more of a reason to trust GiF's reads because he was right about the Carli/TGGC slot.

In post 284, Luca Blight wrote:You say you aren't completely sold on TGGC being scum, does that mean you are considering pushing another wagon?

I don't have any particular person I'm more interested in lynching right now, but I plan on reviewing some slots tonight and revisiting my reads.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 285, TGGC wrote:@Netherspite:
If you would have read my posts, you might have noticed:
a) I am not going to explain Carli's behaviour
b) I do not consider #98 a claim

So why you suddenly try to push my claim and lynch that fast?
In post 46, Netherspite wrote:
As I've explained previously, some of them will be "filler" questions while some of them will give me useful information to support / deny my theories.
Few days before the deadline I'll share what I've learned and post my whole case on my main suspects.

Still waiting.

What exactly would make that unlikely in your opinion.

In post 98, Carli wrote:

Anyway, I didn't have a RVS vote because in all honesty I didn't have a breathing space to do so, as soon as the game started GiF came for me and one by one people started questioning me (not all of course). So all of my posts have been dedicated to answering your questions, I could have started the game with a random vote instead of the intro I chose, but that is not mandatory practice (RVS), and if you want to lynch me because I don't have a random vote which encourages a lollynch then please
by all means go ahead and lynch me, and give scum 1 free VT
that they don't have to kill in order for them to ultimately win the game.

Are you really trying to argue this isn't a VT claim? And you question why I think it's unlikely you will flip Town?

Basically Carli has been the scummiest player in this game for reasons stated. You come in and do nothing to change my mind on this slot, only make my belief more rigid that it is scum. Your entrance post was poor, you scum read Nether yet voted Shiro, and have had no conviction behind that vote or tried to push it in any way. You have given me no reason to town-read you; and I feel pretty confident in my vote.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 287, toolenduso wrote:I plan on reviewing some slots tonight and revisiting my reads.

This will have to wait until tomorrow.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:35 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Mod - I'm V/LA, emphasis on the LA because my ISP has shut down in my area temporarily. Not sure how long it will last
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
TGGC
TGGC
Goon
TGGC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:43 am

Post by TGGC »

I am a
Town Doctor

I think with all things said so far, I am very unlikely to survive the first lynch _and_ the first night. So I focus on getting someone lynched D1 who has a bigger than zero chance of being scum (e.g. not me) and give town as much input as possible, because it will be confirmed by my death. To me its obvious Carli was overwhelmed with the responsibilty she thought a town PR has and paniced. This behaviour cannot be explained because it is not rational.

Most likely scum: Netherspite

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Netherspite

I will not repeat what I said in my first post, just add upon it.

scumNetherspite has quite a smooth ride before I replace Carli. He has his own small fight with Shiro, which helps him in multiple ways:
a) Shiro is not in focus of other players so his attack won't raise that much attention to him
b) it seems unlikely Shiros lynch succeed, so he will not get under suspicion for starting it
c) he still can point back to his efforts as scum hunting

So in short, it is a quite safe way to paint him a bit more town.

Now I come in pushing his wagon, because I want to see how serious he is about it and at the same time I doubt his town motivation. I also press him on his questioning results (Johnny does this too). His explanation for not giving results is (#244) basically that we have low activity in this game. As town I would not hold my results back 2 days until deadline especially if I know about the low activity of the other players. Also he suddenly stops going after Shiro after spending a lot of time building this case. In #267 he says Carli did the same things as Shiro, so that is not s reason to prefer my vote over Shiros. So it boils down to this: he votes me because of the things _other_ players noted, which can be a nice excuse later on. I believe he switched votes because after Johnny showing intent to hammer me, he thinks I am now an easy lynch target to get over with D1. He had no interest in a Shiro lynch to begin with. Now this could also mean, that Shiro is his scum partner. But with that many players inactive, thats really just a slight possibility because scum may also hide easily by lurking in this game.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:54 am

Post by Netherspite »

UNVOTE:

Post inc.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:04 am

Post by Netherspite »

Now you sound like townie (not because of the claim but because of your thought process, I like it).

The only correction to the facts you operate with: I decided to switch my vote once I realized that Carli did all the things I accused Shiro for
plus
more suspicious things.
Also my vote was initially a trap to attempt catching you on a lie about reading the topic fully because I knew that Carli claimed VT and wondered whether you know it as well or not.
If you would mention that you know about her claim I'd unvote and switch back to Shiro.

@All

If there won't be any counterclaims I suggest to start looking for another wagon right now because we have not much time until deadline.

Considering the claim, I think it makes sense now that newbie-Carli claimed VT (she could just expect the scum to believe her claim and not realize that it's a WIFOM) and that TGGC didn't tell us about her claim.

I'd vote my second suspect now (Shiro) but I gotta re-read something considering the TGGC claim.

So please everyone post your updated reads lists and lets choose new wagon fast.
If you have something to counterclaim - do it.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:28 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Wait, so TGGC replaced Carli.

Carli claimed VT.

TGGC claims Town Doc?

That's what's happened?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:49 am

Post by Netherspite »

Yes. And it can be easily explained as I wrote above.
I believe him unless we'll have a counterclaim.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:06 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I was planning to form a fullreadlist this morning but I'm being called in from my work as an emergency.
I'll form those tonight.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:24 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

UNVOTE:

Great. Thoughts incoming after class
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:25 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

It occurs to me that I wasn't voting. Fuck you I'm tired
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Bump.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”