Newbie 1596: Exotic Birds (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mofonugen
Mofonugen
Townie
Mofonugen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Mofonugen »

In post 149, Plotinus wrote:Unofficial votecount:

saad 3 (Mofonugen, Wyvernite,)
Wyvernite 2 (Plotinus)
Mofonugen 2 (Argos, singersigner, saad, bofo, plotinus)
Plotinus 1 (Skold)

yikes. i'm really sorry about the derphammer guys. i dont know how i missed that argos and singer had previously voted him. I really thought he was at L-3. I'll count next time for sure :/

For the record, I thought you put me at L-3 as well. Until someone actually said it was a lynch.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Plotinus »

I'm really sorry, mofo. I wish you a lot of luck in your next game, and I hope you at least enjoy watching us from the dead players thread - you'll be able to chat with whoever gets night killed tonight.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Vote Count 1.F
Mofonugen 5 (Argos, singersigner, saad, BlueBloodedToffee, Plotinus)

saad 2 (Mofonugen, Wyvernite)

Plotinus 1 (Skold)

Not Voting 1 (Wanderer-nl)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is in (expired on 2015-04-28 09:00:00)

Mofonugen the 1-Shot Bulletproof Townie has been lynched Day 1

It is now Night 1. You have 72 hours to act.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

BlueBloodedToffee the Vanilla Townie has been killed Night 1

It is now Day 2. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:11 am

Post by singersigner »

I'm at work so can we please pay more attention to wagons and not vote yet??
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:23 am

Post by Plotinus »

Sounds good to me. Let's spend at least a week talking to each other. I've definitely learned a lesson about relying on my memory and the importance of counting.

I'd like to hear from Skold and Argos, and also singer when she gets off work, because we didn't get a chance to hear from them very much on Day 1.

My townreads at the moment are wyvernite for good scum hunting day 1, and wanderer for being the voice of reason.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:31 am

Post by singersigner »

Yeah that was pretty lame. A 7-hour day, 90% of it while I was at work. I'll definitely give my thoughts when I get off. I think my stated townread of the day still stands.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Skold »

My fucking gods. I go to bed and wake up with a new, dead, wagon. Who hammered/initiated the wagon? I'm feeling that they're the scum.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:08 am

Post by Plotinus »

The first two votes on mofo were RVS votes from argos and singer, which is why I forgot about them. If we don't count those, then saad started it, Blue, who is confirmed town, jumped on to pressure mofo but didn't say it was L-1 (possible they miscounted too), and then I hammered by mistake.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 157, Skold wrote:My fucking gods. I go to bed and wake up with a new, dead, wagon. Who hammered/initiated the wagon? I'm feeling that they're the scum.

Why were you going to vote for mofo?
You stated intent to hammer saad, do you believe his claim? What do you think about the bandwagon falling apart?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 158, Plotinus wrote:The first two votes on mofo were RVS votes from argos and singer, which is why I forgot about them. If we don't count those, then saad started it, Blue, who is confirmed town, jumped on to pressure mofo but didn't say it was L-1 (possible they miscounted too), and then I hammered by mistake.

Why do you think BBT was killed?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:04 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 160, Wanderer-nl wrote:
In post 158, Plotinus wrote:The first two votes on mofo were RVS votes from argos and singer, which is why I forgot about them. If we don't count those, then saad started it, Blue, who is confirmed town, jumped on to pressure mofo but didn't say it was L-1 (possible they miscounted too), and then I hammered by mistake.

I'm not sure, because either of us would have been decent choices for a mislynch today, and possibly one of us today the other of us tomorrow: BBT for not saying mofo was at L-1 and me for derphammering, but it seems like BBT was an experienced player with an aggressive playstyle who was doing a lot of scumhunting and they may have feared BBT would be onto them soon enough. If our IC is innocent I'd expect to lose her next, because I expect her to be the next best scumhunter and one of our best hopes of a town win.

At the end of the day, I was a little suspicious of BBT because they seemed so sure that saad was scum, and I thought that only scum could be sure of anything on page 1, but I was wrong. My derphammer really hurt all of us: town didn't have enough time to get to know each other, town power roles didn't have enough time to figure out who would be good targets for their night actions, and the only good side is that mafia barely had a chance to get to do any power role hunting and landed on a vanilla townie, but that doesn't make up for it.

What do you think?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 161, Plotinus wrote:
In post 160, Wanderer-nl wrote:

I'm not sure, because either of us would have been decent choices for a mislynch today, and possibly one of us today the other of us tomorrow: BBT for not saying mofo was at L-1 and me for derphammering, but it seems like BBT was an experienced player with an aggressive playstyle who was doing a lot of scumhunting and they may have feared BBT would be onto them soon enough. If our IC is innocent I'd expect to lose her next, because I expect her to be the next best scumhunter and one of our best hopes of a town win.

At the end of the day, I was a little suspicious of BBT because they seemed so sure that saad was scum, and I thought that only scum could be sure of anything on page 1, but I was wrong. My derphammer really hurt all of us: town didn't have enough time to get to know each other, town power roles didn't have enough time to figure out who would be good targets for their night actions, and the only good side is that mafia barely had a chance to get to do any power role hunting and landed on a vanilla townie, but that doesn't make up for it.

What do you think?

Now that you know BBT was genuine, how do you feel about saad?
I think BBT could have been setup as a misslynch, but maybe we're dealing with newbscum that are afraid to take that risk.
I think Skold and saad are 2 players to be watched.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Plotinus »

It will depend on how they behave today. I think it can be hard to distinguish between newbie and scummy -- to use examples from our last game, ducks who seemed (to me) scum but was newbie and mainez who seemed newbie but was scum, but it's worth keeping an eye on them.

In post 108, saad wrote:people only wanna play as town, if i replace i'd likely get a scum slot from a guy who lurked because he flipped scum.

So what I'm reading from this is that Saad doesn't want to be mafia, he wants to be town, and that if he were mafia he would lurk until he was replaced. I disagree with his premise about what other people want to play, but do think that he believes it. Him not lurking is not evidence either way (because he could have been lying), but if he does start lurking after this I'll be more suspicious of him.

I think if we're dealing with two newbie scum, then it's 2 of [skold, saad, argos] (mostly by process of elimination on "newbie" and "scum"). We've only seen 9 posts from Skold so far, and only a few of substance. We've seen even less of Argos (just 2 posts). It is entirely possible they were sleeping or at work like singer during the entire 7 hour day, so complete null read on them.

House said something last game -- even though he was scum I think he was telling the truth about this part -- about a good way to distinguish IC town from IC scum, so I think we can fairly confidently wait and see what will happen with singer and how she plays this week. If singer is town then I do think we're dealing with 2 newbie scum. If singer is not town it is entirely too early to be guessing who her buddy is but probably one of the candidates for newbie scum.

Anyway, I'd trust your instincts about who to watch.

who even is our remaining SE? *checks* oh, Skold. But he's only been on the site for a couple months so he might still feel like a newer player? I looked over his completed games very briefly and I didn't find a completed scum game, so if he is scum then i'll count him in the newbie category.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Plotinus »

I mean, it's true that newbie scum replace out more often than newbie town, but it's not literally the case that it happens 100% of the time. In our last game we had 4 replacements and only one of those was scum.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 163, Plotinus wrote:It will depend on how they behave today. I think it can be hard to distinguish between newbie and scummy -- to use examples from our last game, ducks who seemed (to me) scum but was newbie and mainez who seemed newbie but was scum, but it's worth keeping an eye on them.

In post 108, saad wrote:people only wanna play as town, if i replace i'd likely get a scum slot from a guy who lurked because he flipped scum.

So what I'm reading from this is that Saad doesn't want to be mafia, he wants to be town, and
that if he were mafia he would lurk until he was replaced.
I disagree with his premise about what other people want to play, but do think that he believes it. Him not lurking is not evidence either way (because he could have been lying), but if he does start lurking after this I'll be more suspicious of him.

I think if we're dealing with two newbie scum, then it's 2 of [skold, saad, argos] (mostly by process of elimination on "newbie" and "scum"). We've only seen 9 posts from Skold so far, and only a few of substance. We've seen even less of Argos (just 2 posts). It is entirely possible they were sleeping or at work like singer during the entire 7 hour day, so complete null read on them.

House said something last game -- even though he was scum I think he was telling the truth about this part -- about a good way to distinguish IC town from IC scum, so I think we can fairly confidently wait and see what will happen with singer and how she plays this week. If singer is town then I do think we're dealing with 2 newbie scum. If singer is not town it is entirely too early to be guessing who her buddy is but probably one of the candidates for newbie scum.

who even is our remaining SE? *checks* oh, Skold. But he's only been on the site for a couple months so he might still feel like a newer player? I looked over his completed games very briefly and I didn't find a completed scum game, so if he is scum then i'll count him in the newbie category.

About the bolded part: Where did saad say that?

I feel you make a rather one-sided conclusion. It makes me feel the same as what you did with Mainez: you believed her so much about afk due to school that you wouldn't really consider her as scum until you no longer could get around it, while not lying about being afk is not allignment-indicative (since you brought it up I am going back to it) Instead of scumtunnelling, you are towntunnelling.
Maybe saad wants us to think he'd lurk/replace out if he rolled scum. I'm leaning that way at least for now.

About trusting my instincts, just want to make clear I'm interpreting right: do you mean you agree with my instincts or are you telling me to trust them?
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:35 am

Post by saad »

ffs i was trying to protect him.

VOTE: Plotinus

also this is why RVS is stupid.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:43 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 166, saad wrote:ffs i was trying to protect him.

Excuse me?
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:56 am

Post by saad »

In post 167, Wanderer-nl wrote:
In post 166, saad wrote:ffs i was trying to protect him.

Excuse me?

what? :dead:
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:56 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 165, Wanderer-nl wrote:
In post 163, Plotinus wrote:It will depend on how they behave today. I think it can be hard to distinguish between newbie and scummy -- to use examples from our last game, ducks who seemed (to me) scum but was newbie and mainez who seemed newbie but was scum, but it's worth keeping an eye on them.

So what I'm reading from this is that Saad doesn't want to be mafia, he wants to be town, and
that if he were mafia he would lurk until he was replaced.
I disagree with his premise about what other people want to play, but do think that he believes it. Him not lurking is not evidence either way (because he could have been lying), but if he does start lurking after this I'll be more suspicious of him.

About the bolded part: Where did saad say that?

I feel you make a rather one-sided conclusion. It makes me feel the same as what you did with Mainez: you believed her so much about afk due to school that you wouldn't really consider her as scum until you no longer could get around it, while not lying about being afk is not allignment-indicative (since you brought it up I am going back to it) Instead of scumtunnelling, you are towntunnelling.
Maybe saad wants us to think he'd lurk/replace out if he rolled scum. I'm leaning that way at least for now.

About trusting my instincts, just want to make clear I'm interpreting right: do you mean you agree with my instincts or are you telling me to trust them?

he didn't say that, I was just trying to interpret his statement that I quoted. If he lurks I will be suspicious of him because he said x is scummy and then did x. If he doesn't lurk then hopefully he'll write enough for us to have an opinion of him based on what he writes. I agree that he wants us to think he'd lurk/replace as scum whether it's true or not, and that he could still be scum even if he's very active and was lying earlier, but now he mustn't lurk or replace because that'll be scumclaiming from him for sure.

You are right about me that I'm equally likely to tunnel people who are town or scum. I was wrong about mainez, ducks, fromage, house, bv... but i'm not townreading saad right now. In the early game I can think that he's just hoping to get to play longer than 1 day for once, but if it's up to me this day will last almost the full 9 days and by then I won't be feeling sorry for saad if he's the most suspicious player.

I mean that in general you should trust your own instincts. I do agree about saad/skold for now because in my private notes I have you and me and wyvernite at the top and saad at the bottom and skold, argos, and singer in the middle in a jumble, and my reads on them will change based on how they act in the thread.

@saad who were you trying to protect?
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:05 am

Post by saad »

bluebloodedtoffee
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:38 am

Post by Plotinus »

saad, are you talking about the things you said in twilight last night? Did you think bbt was likely to be nightkilled?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:50 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@saad: how do you mean you tried to protect BBT?
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:19 am

Post by saad »

In post 171, Plotinus wrote:saad, are you talking about the things you said in twilight last night? Did you think bbt was likely to be nightkilled?

no, i thought scum would try and get him lynched.

i tried to protect him by saying i would tunnel him all of day two.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:36 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

So what's with the vote on plotinus?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”