Newbie 1666 - THE ZAR SHOW S01E04 - D3 - OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1666 - THE ZAR SHOW S01E04 - D3 - OVER!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by Zar »

The Zar Show presents:
Season 1, Episode 4: Can the town get control of n00btown again?

Newbie Game 1666 by Zar
Setup Matrix 6 by: Cogito Ergo Sum

This episode is brought to you by mafiascum.net, the place where mobs form.

Welcome to THE ZAR SHOW! The number one show for audiences all across the Mafiascum community, and now, introducing you to the crowds favorite panelist moderator, Zar!

Zar! Zar! Zar!

Thank you audience, and welcome to our return event after last month's episode! Ever since Newbie 1652, n00btown has been in control of the mafia. Today on the ZAR SHOW we are going to be trying to get the town back on track in this up and coming community. As you may already be familiar, Mafia have continuously infiltrated the n00btown council and it appears that some of the reputable members here present may in fact still involved with the mafia!

** The crowd boos and whistles in displease **

Some events preceding today's show have managed to gain the town villagers some ground in the council. But, in a somewhat recent turn of events, we have confirmed that the mafia
can still communicate in broad daylight!
This means they can now confer at any time for their evil deeds! What has become of the safety of our n00btown, I ask you?

** Indistinct crowd complaining **

Today in the ZAR SHOW, we have decided to mediate to try to help the villagers control the future of n00btown. In the comfort of your houses, you will experience via live feed all of the council's decisions in our show. Whether it's the righteous villagers who will regain their right or the mob who will continue governing, we shall see! In the meanitme, please give a big round of applause to the current members of the n00b Town council, who will be today's panelists!

** audience applause **

Well, now that we have them introduced, let's get started! The panelists have until our first commercial break to figure out which of them is part of the mafia and remove them from the n00b town council. And, our producer believes we have some repeat panelists from last show! Well, we would also like a round of applause for them and their continued service in the n00btown council! Let the discussions begin!

The Panel (Playerlist):

1. Always Innocent
Apostle of Ra

2. Ircher
3. ZombieZApoco
4. concvex
replacing DastardlyOne ,,* who replaced NJAC,** who had replaced Captainchaos

5. Jake from State Farm
replacing Inquisitor Dragon; who replaced stre_LKnight

6. DoTArchon
7. Workdawg (SE)
8. copper 223 (SE)
replacing hi im Yakko (SE)*; who replaced Anatole Kuragin (SE)

9. Drixx (IC)

Spoiler: Still in the Show (4/9)
1. Always Innocent
Apostle of Ra
;
Mafia Goon
, survived and won!
concvex
replacing DastardlyOne ,,* who replaced NJAC,** who had replaced Captainchaos
,,*;
Mafia Goon
, survived and won!
DoTArchon,
Vanilla Townie
, endgamed!
Drixx (IC),
Town Jailkeeper
, endgamed

Spoiler: No Longer in the Show (5/9)
3. ZombieZApoco,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D1
7. Workdawg (SE),
Vanilla Townie
, shot N1
5. Jake from State Farm
replacing Inquisitor Dragon; who replaced
stre_LKnight
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D2
8. copper 223 (SE)
replacing hi im Yakko (SE)*; who replaced Anatole Kuragin (SE)
Vanilla Townie
, shot N2
2. Ircher;
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D3

Spoiler: Removed By the Producers (Modkilled) (0/9)
Hopefully No One Ever!

= Prods.

= Separates day phases on which prods were issued.
Last edited by Zar on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:21 am, edited 22 times in total.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Zar »

Before we start our show today, I am providing you with a our public disclaimer policy. Since this is a well reputed show, you are required to adhere to the rules below described to continue participating in the panel. Please read them carefully.
Please note this edition of THE ZAR SHOW is subject to a new experiment being run by our Executive Producers, and thus some of things have changed. Please read them carefully.

• GENERAL RULES

1) All sitewide rules apply. Read them here
    2) Please treat this game as a commitment and do your best to participate actively.
    3) You may not discuss this game anywhere outside the game thread unless you are Mafia. In such case, a PT will be provided and you may not discuss your game outside the game thread and/or the PT.
    Since this game will have Day Talk, the Mafia PT will remain unlocked throughout the entire game, and Mafia may communicate in it at all times.

4) Be civil and treat other players with respect--attack the case, not the person. Mafia is a heated game, but I will interfere if anyone resorts to excessive insults, personal attacks, and bullying. There is a zero-tolerance policy against offensive comments or slurs based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
    5)
    Color BBC Code #800000
    and
    Bolded #800000
    are my colors in this game.
    Bolded Red
    is reserved also to highlight changes in the usual setup to allow daytalk and a variation in the day length because of the American Thanksgiving Holiday (and any other holidays coming along the way). You may not use any of the colors mentioned in this rule.
    6) Quoting or pretending to quote your role PM, PTs, or private communications with the mod is strictly forbidden. Loose paraphrasing is permitted, although run it past me first when in doubt.
    7) Punishment for breaking any of the rules here listed, or exploiting any loopholes may include a private or public warning, force replacement, modkill, or even blacklisting (depending on the seriousness of the offence).
    8) If you have any minor questions or spot a vote count error (I normally double check them, but acknowledge mistakes can happen
    and I'm also not running on coffee lately
    ) please bold your question or concern in the thread addressing me (@ Mod).
    9) If you have outside information that influences your knowledge of the game, are aware of someone else having outside information, or have any reason to believe that the game has been compromised, it is your responsibility to inform the mod via PM immediately. I will love you for your honesty.
    10) Please also PM me for any other concerns not listed above.

VOTING/LYNCHING MECHANICS

11) For your vote or unvote to be counted, it must be completely bolded, and use the format Vote: PlayerName/Unvote: PlayerName or VOTE: : Playername/UNVOTE: Playername (capital letters and colon optional). Any other variation (such Hammer: PlayerName) will not be counted.

BBC CODES you can use (just type them the same way replacing PlayerName with the player of your choosing:

Code: Select all

[vote]PlayerName[/vote] or [v]PlayerName[/v] 

12) Votes for misspellings or acronyms of players' names (such as VOTE: Playrname or VOTE: PN) are valid as long as the player being voted for is clear. You are not required to unvote before changing your vote. However, votes that are behind spoiler tags, in small or invisible text, or otherwise concealed are invalid.
    13) You may vote for a No Lynch using the voting parameters listed above.
    14) A lynch will occur when 50%+1 of the votes are cast for the same player; a No Lynch will occur wen 50% of the votes are cast for that option. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight.
    15) You may continue talking after a lynch or deadline has elapsed until the mod posts to end the day. After that, you may not post even if the mod forgets to lock the thread.
    16) I am required to post vote counts every twenty-four hours. In case I may not do this in a RL day, you will be informed, but this will not be a constant situation. Be advised that players may request a new vote count at any time, and I will try to post a vote count at least every two pages or every twenty four (24) hours, whichever comes first.

ACTIVITY AND DAY/NIGHT PHASES.

17) Days will have a deadline of (2) two weeks. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances, and will never exceed one (1) week of the total length of the day phase.
    Because American Thanksgiving is on November 26, four additional days will be added to the timer for day one. This means the Day one deadline will be eighteen days. Since a lot of holidays are coming forward, any other extensions because of holidays will be announced in public thread.

18) Night phases will last for forty eight (48) hours.
    19) If a replacement is needed during a night phase, I will extend the night deadline until some time after a replacement is found, regardless of whether that slot has a night action.
    20) In order for night actions to be accepted, they must be PMd to the mod or posted in bold in scum QTs before the deadline is up. If a player does not select one, he or she will default to "no action."
    21) Players will be prodded after forty-eight hours without posting. They may also request prods on other players so long that player has not posted for a reasonable amount of time. All prods will be announced in thread.
    22) Players who do not respond to a (non-player-requested) prod within twenty-four hours or need to be prodded too often will be replaced at the discretion of the mod.
    23) Since this is a Newbie Game, replacements for this game will follow the Newbie mod guidelines. Please read them here.
    24) If you will be unable to post for over forty-eight hours, inform the mod by PM or in the thread of when you'll be V/LA. Assuming the V/LA period is of reasonable length, you will be exempt from prods during that time. All V/LA notifications will be made public by the mod.*
    25) Once you're dead, you may no longer post in thread.
    No 'bah' posts.

Most importantly: have fun playing!
Last edited by Zar on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Zar »

Before the beginning of this council discussions, the MafiaScum bureau of investigations provided us with a list of possible scenarios we could be confronting here, in which councils infiltrated by mafia may operate in. Please read this carefully and make sure you understand the implications.

REMEMBER, the Mafia Role PMs have varied slightly from the standard Matrix 6 Role PMs to allow for Day Talk in this game.

NEWBIE SETUP

Matrix6 (as designed by Sgt. Cogito Ergo Sum):

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

The setup is determined by randomly selecting one row or one column from the above table, then filling in the remaining 6 roles with 5 Vanilla Townies and 1 Mafia Goon to create a 7-town, 2-mafia setup.

For example: if Row 1 (Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie, and Mafia Goon) was chosen, the full setup will be 1 Town Jailkeeper, 6 Vanilla Townies, and 2 Mafia Goons; if Column C (Mafia Goon, Town Doctor, Town Tracker) was chosen, the full setup will be 1 Town Doctor, 1 Town Tracker, 5 Vanilla Townies, and 2 Mafia Goons.

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Roleblocker actions will take precedence over Jailkeeper actions should that apply.

The full list of possible role PMs in Matrix 6 is listed below:

Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm you received your Role PM by
replying to me with your Role and Alignment

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a
1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional private thread located here, which you may talk with your partner at all times as long as both of you are alive in the game.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk with your partner at all times as long as both of you are alive in the game.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by Zar »

Role PMs being sent out today. Please confirm in the manner indicated in your role PM and remember posting /confirm in this thread as indicated. Game will start
automatically
when 8/9 players have confirmed in thread. Players will have 48 hours to pick up their Role PMs from the time stamp in this post.
Show

DoTArchon
DoTArchon
Goon
DoTArchon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by DoTArchon »

/confirm
ZombieZApoco
ZombieZApoco
Townie
ZombieZApoco
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by ZombieZApoco »

**##confirming##**
People never seem to get my PM replies, so I will confirm here too.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:32 am

Post by Workdawg »

/confirm
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:22 am

Post by Ircher »

/confirm
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:12 am

Post by Drixx »

/confirm
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Zar »

Apostle of Ra, Captainchaos, stre_LKnight, and Anatole Kuragin (SE) are all being replaced for failing to pick up their role PMs within 48 hours.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:36 am

Post by Zar »

stealing AlwaysInnocent, NJAC, and Inquisitor Dragon to replace Apostle of Ra, Captainchaos, and stre_LKnight, respectively. In addition, stealing hi im Yakko (SE) to replace Anatole Kuragin (SE)
Show

AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:01 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

/confirm
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:03 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

/confirm
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by NJAC »

/confirm

~~~. Game begins as of this post ~.Zar!
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Workdawg »

VOTE: NJAC Last in, must be scum....
ZombieZApoco
ZombieZApoco
Townie
ZombieZApoco
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by ZombieZApoco »

VOTE: Workdawg
First to vote, must be scum...
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 15, ZombieZApoco wrote:VOTE: Workdawg

VOTE: njac

Why are you defending njac?
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Post by Drixx »

VOTE: DoTArchon for making me think of DoTA and StarCraft at the same time. Not cool.

IC Introduction:
Hello everyone. My name is Drixx and I am your IC for this game. IC is a bit of humor, standing for Inexperience Challenged. The IC is a volunteer position served by experienced players who wish to help newer folks have an enjoyable experience in their first games, and to help teach some of the basics of the game and answer any questions of mafia game theory which may arise. There are also SE players in the game, which means that they have played a certain number of games including at least one outside of the Road to Rome. SEs are not obligated to answer questions, nor are they obligated to answer honestly should they choose to answer any questions.

The IC position is not at all indicative of role or alignment, so anything I say using this color should not be used to judge my alignment. This also means that you can trust me to always be honest with you concerning questions of mafia theory, as I understand it, when I speak in this color as the game's IC. Some areas of theory are always evolving or have several viewpoints, and while I will do my best to be thorough, I also will try not to leave you with novels to read. If there are differing views, I will explain the ones I am familiar with and which particular part I agree with.

Please be aware that while I shall not lie to you in my role as IC, you should consider me just as likely as any other player in the game to be on the scum team. The roles are assigned randomly. This also means that while I will always be honest and helpful with my posts and answers about the game, you should be careful as sometimes an honest answer can be very misleading. Mafia is a game with many facets, and deception is one of the most valuable; especially for the scum team. As the game's IC, I have a private topic where I can post thoughts about the game as it progresses, and should there be any time where I choose to play differently than I would otherwise play, because I am the game's IC, I will make a note of it there so you can see after the game.

As a start: Since it takes only 5 votes on day one to lock someone, you should think carefully before placing a vote that might allow the scum team to lock a player. As the days move onward, the number of votes required lessens and placing a vote is something you will want to think about carefully. You can always state that you suspect someone. Generally this is done by using the acronym FoS, which means "Finger of Suspicion". If you place a vote that puts someone one vote away from being lynched, it is generally considered good form to put a bold warning that the player is at L-1 (Locking Votes minus 1). If a player is already at L-1, generally you should state an intent to vote and allow them time to give a final defense, reads, or make a claim.

Finally, there is plenty of time in each day phase, so be sure to discuss things with the rest of the players, ask questions, respond to questions from others, and check back in as often as you have the time. An active game is a great deal more fun than an inactive one.

Please do remember to keep things civil. A little humor never hurts, so long as it isn't in the form of a personal attack against other players. Mafia is a game that can sometimes inspire emotion, and if you get frustrated with another player, remember to attack the play and not the player. That's about it for my introductory post. If you have any questions for me, please bold them and put them on a new line starting with @Drixx or @IC to make sure that I see them, and I'll do my very best to answer it as quickly as possible.

I work as a professor in real life, so please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like; I really don't mind answering them.

Let's have a great game guys!
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

>Being this smart
>Not voting njac

Also male disposability is it liberal propaganda?
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by Workdawg »

In post 17, Drixx wrote:VOTE: DoTArchon for making me think of DoTA and StarCraft at the same time. Not cool.

Let's have a great game guys![/color][/b]

mmm blizzard.

In post 16, hi im Yakko wrote:
In post 15, ZombieZApoco wrote:VOTE: Workdawg

VOTE: njac

Why are you defending njac?

Why are you jumping on the wagon?

VOTE: hi im yakko
DoTArchon
DoTArchon
Goon
DoTArchon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by DoTArchon »

VOTE: Drixx

Ooommmggguuusss! :)
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

VOTE: Ircher

No avatar. What is he hiding? :lol:
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
DoTArchon
DoTArchon
Goon
DoTArchon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:32 pm

Post by DoTArchon »

VOTE: AlwaysInnocent

Your username is a lie. What are
you
hiding?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:21 am

Post by Ircher »

VOTE: Inquisitor Dragon for not confirming yet.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:40 am

Post by NJAC »

VOTE: hi im Yakko